Oh, Angel. (1)

By bellamarwan

She fell in love with someone who was impossible to love. He thought being in love was impossible until she c... More

Chapter 1: Macallan 18
Chapter 2: Millionaire
Chapter 3: You have my word
Chapter 4: Conflict of interest
Chapter 5: A deck of hearts
Chapter 6: Dimples and giggles
Chapter 7: Stay
Chapter 8: Rules
Chapter 9: Beauty behind the lie
Chapter 10: Danger
Chapter 11: Veins full of liqour
Chapter 12: Well fuck
NEW COVER: not an update
Chapter 13: Styles theatre
Chapter 14: Love always, Emma.
Chapter 15: Hurt
Chapter 16: Gone
Chapter 17: I swear to you
Chapter 18: Why?
Chapter 19: Beautiful
Chapter 20: A day with him
Chapter 21: Complicated
Chapter 22: Until next time
Chapter 23: The reveal
Chapter 25: CHILDish
Chapter 26: Perfume
Chapter 27: 90 days
Chapter 28: Say something
Chapter 29: The H word
Chapter 30: The M word
UPDATE

Chapter 24: His heart

42 1 0
By bellamarwan

"Maybe one day, but for today and possibly many more days his heart didn't belong to me."

(fb)

[H.]

I look up at the stars as I lay in the blanket and I hear something behind me. I turn around to see it was just Emma.

"I thought I'd find you here." She says

"You know stalking is a serious offence." I say

She huffs and lays down beside me resting her head on my chest as I wrap my arm around her waist.

"What are you doing here all alone?" She says as she draws circles on my chest.

"It's a nice place to sit down and think."

"Oh about your dad?" She carefully says, and she turns so she's laying on her stomach.

"I have an odd question." She says and plays with her fingers. I can tell she's nervous and now I am.

"Shoot." I say rubbing small circles on her lower back.

"If you had a child what names would you pick?"

My eyes bulge out on alarm, "Christ Emma are yo-"

"NO! No! I'm just wondering, and I was just trying to change the subject. Don't worry this gal is kid free." She says and awkwardly chuckles.

"Lucy for a girl and Nathan for a boy."

"Lucy is a pretty name, and Nathan has good potential."

"They were my grandparents names on my dad's side. They meant the world to me, and to name one of my kids or both by them wouldn't be so bad." I say.

I blink and I'm back to reality.

"Harry?" Emma says "Did you hear any of that..?"

"You picked th-"

"Yes I did."

"Why did you leave?" I whisper, I felt so tired that I wasn't sure I was ready to hear what her answer might be.

I slowly slumped down into a lawn chair and sigh punching the bridge of my nose.

"When I found out I was pregnant, where you were in your own little world.. having a child would've just caused you more stress. Your dad just passed, the board members were giving you hell, I just needed to go and do this so you didn't have to." She stays where she originally stands, far away from me.

"And you left me, to go through that all on my own. You couldn't have possibly thought I wouldn't have been able to handle a child. Having you to come home to was the best part of my day, and when you left I didn't even have that. I had no peace."

She sighs and wraps her arms around herself. "You were gone most of the day and I didn't have a clue to what to do or how to be a mother. I had to go, I had to do this. I couldn't just wait for you to come home everyday, late nights, and even when you were home you'd go into your office and work some more. Work never left you, and I understood that. I couldn't expect you to just stop working hard and pause your life for me."

I stand up feeling completely offended. "But that's what you fucking did for me! You paused your life, dropped out of school, stopped perusing your dreams for me. Because you loved me. Did you not think I would do the same ? Because I would have."

She slowly steps over to me and rests her hand on my arm. "I know you would have." She whispers. "That's what I left, you would've handed the company over in a heart beat if it meant being with me. But I couldn't let you do that, this is your fathers work and I knew how much it meant to you."

I just stare at her, she looks just the same. Maybe even better, I remember the first time I saw her in college. Spunky, fiesty, and full of sass. Now she's grown, more elegant, mature and wise. I can still see her. I remember what it felt like to be in love with her, to be loved back by her. It felts damn good, she had a way of making me feel like I floating with the clouds.

Mia.

Oh Jesus, Mia.

I pull back and step back away from her. "I think you should go."

"Harry I'm sorry.. Lucy is s-"

"Go." I say sternly, she doesn't move. "I said fucking go!" I yell this time.

[M.]

"I said fucking go!"

That's all I hear before I drop the dish into the sink and rush out back. There stood in front of me, a very pissed off looking Harry and broken looking Emma.

"Jesus." I whisper before stepping between them. "Okay everyone just needs sometime to relax." I say mostly looking at Harry.

"I think I've extended my stay." Emma says quietly. "Please excuse me." She says and rushes back inside.

I turn to Harry and frown deeply. "Harry you couldn't have been more rude this entire evening."

"You've got to be fucking joking." He huffs rolling his eyes. "What did you fucking expect?? For me to be prancing around with joy that she just comes back out of nowhere! She didn't want to be here Mia, I knew that the moment she walked into the dinning room. She's been here for months and didn't even try to contact me."

"You don't know that, maybe she was thinking about contacting you Harry. I get she broke your heart, but come on. You can tell she's sincere about whatever she said, she's probably breaking down in tears."

"Good, then she knows how I felt when she left." He says turning away from me.

"You're unbelievable."

"Go home Mia."

"Wh-"

"I don't want you here right now."

I nodded and stormed back inside slamming the door behind me. "Jerk." I huff

I rush out front and see Emma struggling to get her coat on. I can tell she's crying because of her gasps for air. "I'm sorry." I say

She jumps slightly and looks up then looks relieved when she realizes it's me. "No please, I'm the one who's sorry. I shouldn't have come, it was a mess waiting to happen."

"It needed to happen, now he can heal." I clap my hands together. "Do you need a ride home?"

She shakes her head, "I'll take a taxi."

"Nonsense, I'll drive you. I need to get away from here for a bit anyway." I grab the set of keys Harry lent me for his car. "Come on now." I say walking down the steps out front to the car I parked.

.

She kept quiet and so did I, there wasn't really anything worth saying. I never said I wanted to be friends with the girl. I just wanted Harry to heal and mend, he might not see it but he needed what happened tonight to happen.

Emma directs me to her apartment and  I park the car outside.

She looks over at me and gives me a small smile. "Thank you for inviting me to dinner." She says politely.

I smile back "Thank you for coming and the desert, even though we didn't get to taste it tonight." I joke lightly

She chuckles and nods. "You should come to the grand opening of my new shop. It's exclusively opening only for a few hours this Saturday, for my VIP customers from New York. It would be lovely to have you, you can bring a guest if you'd like?"

I smile wider and nodded excitedly. "That would be amazing!"

She nods "I look forward to seeing you." She gets out of the car and disappearing into the apartment lobby.

On my drive back to Harry's place I was thinking, by the way Harry was acting tonight I'm not really sure if he ever got over Emma. Maybe he just got used to not having her around, that he just accepted the fact she was gone. But his heart still aches for her, she still has the rights to his heart. I was in for one complicated ride, one I wasn't sure I was prepared to get on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 149 14
This is a story about a girl who is has a deep crush on a guy. She loves him alot and later so does he...but life is never always sweet. Things happe...
1.7K 57 11
A girl and a boy. They met each other at a town hospital and they fell in love. The girl has cancer and she has 3 years to live. The boy has been v...
1K 56 33
A girl thought her love life ended but until the man of her dreams has finally come but with a bunch of life problems in her way
6.8K 254 18
This is a story about an Indian girl who has been in love with Harry ever since she was 11. She has been dreaming of meeting him since then and now f...