The Hangout (formerly the Han...

By RyanMPorte

Tiara Marks a lonely college student finds herself on the brink off losing everything she's worked so hard f... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 2: Riding Waves
Chapter 3: Stuck on This
Chapter 4: Bad little Girls and Boys
Chapter 5: Flirting With Danger
Chapter 7: Can't Love them Cant Kill Them Either
Chapter 8: The Base Dropped
Chapter 9: Hide and Seek
Chapter 10
chapter 11 Intense Expectations
Luke's Stupidity
Proximity
Pretty Panties
Songs and Serenades
Freedom

Chapter 6: The Call

28 1 0
By RyanMPorte

Something about this day was different. Sometime had passed since her last run in with Ethan but as Tiara sat at the front desk she could feel something in the air. The sun was shining and birds were chirping the desk was a little dead that morning but things were normal, maybe she had been working too hard?

Suddenly there was an eruption of applause coming from the direction of the restaurant before returning to its usual peaceful hum of this and that banter. Something was stirring as she watched her cousin dressed in her silky uniform come bouncing around the corner, not a care in the world.

"So cousin!" She smiled brightly her skin sparkled. "You look pretty today! I'm glad you gained some weight. You were looking kinda sickly there last week."

"Yeah my new room mate is pretty chill so I get to eat a lot of the food." She shrugged watching her cousin carefully expecting news of a vacation or a new car.

"You won't believe what happened to me!" she covered her mouth. The back of her hand sparkled brightly as her eye came to see the large 4.5 carat solitaire engagement ring.

It cast sparkling lights against her face and surroundings as she gaped. "What do you think?"

"Congrats Tiffany. I'm happy for you." She took her hand admiring the sparking, glistening, rock of huge proportion.

A pair of arms reached around her cousin pulling her into an embrace.

Sean was a very dark black man. Sexy. Tall. Just perfect in every way. His smile sparkled as he kissed Tiffany's cheeks over and over smiling affectionately after each tender kiss. "Come on wifey. Let's go tell your friends." He said playfully. Tiffany giggled voice full of joy and excitement.

Tiara couldn't help but smile but there was a small part of her that was sad.

Was her cousin going to leave now? Would she only be left with her aunt now?

Tiara's cousin meant so much to her their competitive nature towards one another has never changed that, but this might. Would she still be working for the hotel?

Everything was about to change again. That's what she was sensing in the air.

The inevitable.

Feeling tears pooling around her eyes she smiled and went around the counter to her cousin too.

"Not before I tell you that I love you and I'm so happy for you." She held on to Tiffany a little bit too long but Tiffany just hugged her back. They didn't bicker or say half assed insults and teases. They just held each other and wiped their tears it was a small moment yet full of bliss. It was something they shared before stepping away from each other to pull themselves together.

Tiffany cut the air with, "Oh, please. Girl, you are going to hate me pretty soon, Maid of honor. Who do you think is gonna be planning my wedding?" She kissed her cheek as they separated.

"Oh I'd lov-- " Tiara though about it diligently then. Oh. Hell. no. She didn't wanna have anything to do with the planning of her cousin's wedding, hell, she had her anxiety but her cousin was controlling and had a smudge of OCD on everything. Her face fell dead and grew a hot sweat.

She chuckled a little, small kind of weak laugh and that was that her cousin and Sean left quickly in their bliss. Tiara couldn't wait for her time when she too could walk in bliss. She returned to her place at the front desk just before she could get comfortable the phone rang.

"Thank you for choosing the Mark Winters Hotel how may I be of service!"

"So this bitch, says 'Don't say that yet you are gonna be planning my wedding! You're my maid of honor", Williams laugh erupted through their apartment as William sectioned off a piece of Tiara's hair.

"So I don't know how great at this I can be." his voice wavered tickling her ear. She smiled because she could hear his well meaning affections.

"Just try. I'm a brilliant teacher though." Tiara snacked on some chips while the sensation of Williams fingers in her hair brought soothing sensation down her spine. His fingers twisted her hair in a few simple strands. She tilted her head as he braided as tightly as he could, though that wasn't very tight as he finished he threw up his hands.

"Voila'!" Tiara pulled up her hand held mirror to inspect Williams handy work. The cornrow was sloppy and the part wasn't strait but, "Its not bad but I'm a great teacher so." He clicked his lips at her remark and laughed a little. "How do you know to cornrow?"

"My mom taught me when I was a little girl." He suddenly spoke stopping a thought from Tiaras mind as her smile fell.

"So..have you been studying?" She looked up and stood reclaiming her power with her pearly whites as she stared at herself in the mirror. The t.v. reflected against it distracting her for just a moment as she bit down into the pink, pillowy velvet of her mouth.

"Mhm. Thinking that I'm gonna ask Mr. K if I can take the midterms over tomorrow."

"He will let you too. " He said standing so he could grab a plate from the table and sit next to her and watch her rub her cheek tenderly, before playing with her hair as she noticed him watching. Her cheeks quite pink.

"No way he's usually super strict with me." She picked the braid out working her fingers through her soft curly hair. Her shoulders were inflamed from spending so much time during work playing in her hair.

"That's because he can't see you. Unlike most the women in our class your tits aren't always in his face. Show up looking cute, wear a pretty dress. He's a man, distract him a little. He's a boob guy and you don't have any problems with filling out a dress. "

"Stop it, you'll making me blush." She said playfully as she crawled onto the bed to hold her Elmo doll. "I don't have any freak-him dresses."

"Then lets go shopping."

"I don't really have that kinda cash right now besides its 9:30 what shops are open right now?"

"You don't know who I am!"

It was a pitch black night as they drove through the city.

"So they are just going to open the store for you at ten o' clock at night." She shook her head in disbelief and fidgeting with her bonnet a gesture William smiled at. No matter how serious she was she always managed to look like an innocent girl. No, she was kind of innocent in nature he decided. The nature of her soul was pure and innocent.

"My lady let me treat you to a night you will not soon forget." His voice echoed through her mind as goose bumps bit at her like bits of glass caught against her skin. She observed his face and the deep wrinkles that formed because his smile reached all the way to his eyes.

Tiara shook her head in disbelief.

"Well you have me outside in a bonnet and some silky pajamas so I better have the time of my life." Her lip pouted a bit but landed on a grin.

The drive was short William was excited to brag but she didn't know that as they got out of the car and walked into the tall building.

The outside had a large orange neon sign that reflected against the concrete. REDx. It was a sexy store full of high end clothing . The doors opened suddenly a tall woman with brown eyes and long black hair extended her arm toward the inside of her shop.

"Welcome. Come in."

Tiara sneezed breaking the romance and awe and mystic with a silly sound.

"Tiara, just ruin the reveal why don't cha." The lights, the grime. It was a dark and sexy interior full of tanned mannequins in seductive clothing. The lights illuminated the lounge which William elected to lay upon like as if he were at home on his own bed.

There were 2 glasses of champaign on a acrylic glass end table. The air smelled of jasmine, mint, and... strawberry?

Mr. Gram okay. Thank you miss what is your ideal type of dress for your wedding?"

"Ah ummm. Titanium, hourglass. Long train. . I haven't thought of it too much.

"Mmhm. Yes " He says scoping her up and down, she crosses arms but maintains her ground.

"I know perfect clothes." she wanted to call him harry however he was anything but. It wasn't a bad thing on him it looked kind of good. His beyond long black hair pulled at the top of his head in a bun and his brightly blue jumpsuit he was quite the artist.

Tiara mused at the sight and sound of him he was so different. His thick eye brows and strange accent. He had this way of speaking that was unique and endearing.

She smiled picking his brain about why he thinks the answers to those questions will help him discover her unique style. To which he simply answered Yes Darling. In fact everything was yes darling and sweet sugar and funny love story.

They laughed as Tiara tried to distract him from handing her a couple hangers and pointing at the dressing room.

Tiara tried to think some reason why she felt so sweaty but she wasn't sure what it was when her aunts voice boomed through her head.

I'll never help you again.

"Hurry we have to get up early tomorrow."

Her palms were sweaty as she tripped head forward to the ground, deep behind the silk curtains which separated the dressing room from the reveal block which stood in front of the chase and beyond the mirrors like a wedding dressing room. You could hear such a ruckus curse through the air from her fall. It was offensive and left no time to admire the scenery.

"What was that?" He asked face twisted in confusion at the odd sound.

"No, I'm good. I'm alright!" she threw the yellow dress over her face quick to put it on not looking at the dress itself.

She would not let her aunt ruin her fun. Family is about more than blood. Maybe she'd make her own family. She shook her thoughts away and collected herself.

"Im ready lol what do you think." She sauntered clumsily out of the dressing room pushing past the bright curtains to stand on the podium staring at her uncoordinated feet.

"No. Ugh, cute but uggh. " William said unapologetically before she had the chance to catch her bearing and admire herself in the mirror.

"Thanks.." She turned to finally look at herself but she was in Mr. Gram's grasp as her rushed her back to the dressing room just to be thrown some more clothes.

It was about an hour of Gram and 'No.' and frustrated sighs before Tiara was shaking a bit. She looked at herself this time. The long white dress was lovely the V neck and body con shape to it gave her already curvy shape and dramatic look.

"Here. Knock him on his ass pretty girl." Gram handed her a forest green blazer and pair of cherry red, platform heels before disappearing to discuss the severity of her beauty with William. William was definitely hard to please.

She felt sexy as she looked at her long legs in the shoes. Over hearing Gram tell William how he had better lock her down before someone else did, made her feel even better.

She always did feel more graceful in heels. In high school it was the only thing she wore on her feet. Why don't I do that anymore she thought briefly before confidently walking out to be judged.

That's right! Her mind boomed she had to sell all her nice shoes so she could buy books for school since her aunt wouldn't help her. She totally forgot about it until now.

Her smile hung low for a second but then she remembered to smile She didn't want William to feel like she wasn't having a good time.

He leaned forward a bit making her smile lift higher. He must like this one she thought as her heart skipped a beat.

They were just friends and she wasn't attracted to William she thought tentatively holding onto that thought but as Tiara watched him with eyes wide the way he stared at her made her feel things. Things that would get the both of them in massive trouble.

She knew things with William were platonic...but did he. William mouth remained parted until he finally realized it was ajar for some time.

The green of the blazer brought out her reflective eyes and he tried his best to not seem enamored by her--bonnet and all.

She was so expressive even when she didn't mean to be William was captured and for the first time ever he felt weird and maybe nervous. He wiped his palms against his pajama pants she looked like an angel in her white dress. I clung just off her shoulders and tightly dipped low revealing the supple curvature of her cleavage. Her long legs and glowing skin shining the material stopping well before her knees.

It sloped perfectly to her form.

The mood maintained as Mr. Gram took the moment to spin her proud of his genius. William crossed the distance between them quickly as though he was going to touch her but instead he startled her will this deep baring eyes.

She jumped a little and tried to recover with out seeming to be embarrassed by her clumsiness. The back of the dress wasn't tied it didn't show much of anything but the back of her black lacy bra.

"Uh, could you." She asked looking ahead afraid to look him in the eye. She couldn't bare it if he saw her sweat.

"Yeah..umm." he untied the knot in the back of her outfit. It was a small but intimate interaction as his soft but firm hands smoothed against her skin as he pulled the soft material snug and tied it into a big bow.

His heart danced with embarrassment afraid to be caught fantasizing, he pushed the thought down as far as he could. If his body reacted now it would make for quite the humiliating situation.

"Perfect. You are in love!"Gram said loudly hugging them both tightly. William coughed full throated. He choked on some spit that had found itself trapped in his lungs. Tiara laughed it off looking away and trying to protect her cleavage from pouring out of her dress as Gram squeezed. She swayed a little as he released them.

"I see it. This is yours now." He kissed Tiara's hand as he held it in his grasp. " Thank you for your business William. I only deal in pleasures and you are the best ever!"

Tiara tried to slip away, "I'm going to change so we can get going." She said it so quick and practically ran no one noticed.

"Likewise, Gram." William hollered for Tiara and they left quickly after giving thanks once again.

Tiara couldn't stop smiling holding her REDx bag. It was fancy with its matte black appearance with bright red foiled lettering. She was a bit buzzed from all the complementary booze but he was right this was the night of her life. Her hair moved through the wind as they drove off. She stared into the black sky not knowing what could be next.

The window came up suddenly as William said. "Here comes the heat." She smiled she had barely noticed she was cold. her whole body was covered in little bumps everywhere.

"Hey so I just realized we didn't pay."

"Gram has my info. He knows I'm good for it too. NBD."

"Cool." She said lightly as her pajamas started to feel confining, she couldn't wait to get home as she continued to gaze into the unfamiliar. "whats that over there?"

"Thats an old military hanger. I go there sometimes. Its a pretty neat place. In fact its my favorite place. "

Suddenly the speakers blared an all too unfamiliar sound. William grabbed his phone quickly answering.

"Dearest?"

"William. You haven't been around. I miss you. Come over? I saw you are only a minute away on maps."

"oh, right now?"

"Yeah. Why not are you with someone?"

"I am alone pretty much all the time."

"except your new room mate."

"Yes except. Dearest you must not assume the worst thats not fair."

"Lifes not fair. I'm already sharing you and you just talked about how things would change...

"Ah." he sighed

'Come on now. ill be over first in the morning. let me be a good friend. Tee needs me.

Amina thought for a second gentle for a second before letting things go. "Very well, William. Till tomorrow"

"Thats my line." William's grin widened he loved how Amina spoke it was something he began to pick up over the years. She had an ethereal feel to her when she spoke as if she was

"Girlfriend troubles?" Tiara teased.

"Remember that fiance I mentioned?"

"Ohhh." Tiara had partially hoped that story was fictional but she partially knew it may have been worse then what he said.

***

Luke dressed his self promptly but continued to have to undress to rub the scars on his back and torso. The nerves monotonously danced to this rhythm that hit his brain as itchiness. The nerves throbbed and in every movement lay a reminder.

He threw on a nice suit from his closet pushing past all his thoughts and least favorite suits and leisure outfits. He was excited to start his day he had to tell William that Tiara had said yes to a date. He wondered if William would tell him anything about her that would give him some clues. William and Tiara had been friends from way back he had to be privy to some information that others were not.

He had had his eye on her since she played Nurse ratchet in One Flew Over the Coo Coo's nest at their college. He glanced in his car mirror something was missing and he knew exactly what it was.

He walked into the Mark Winter's Hotel Tulips and confidence in hand but as he approached her desk Tiara was not there. Taking the elevator the brightness fell from his eyes but maybe Will knew where Tiara was. Luke's mind lingered on the sight of her dimples on her lower chin.

When she smiles but tries to hide it, her dimples just below her lower lip pop out.

He wanted to see her smile but really smile. Tiara always had a smile on her face but she was never really smiling.

He knocked on Will's door before jiggling the handle.

Open.

As he swung the door open he yelled for William, "Hey man I have some questions for you!", but immediately he saw a wide eyed Tiara in Rick and Morty pajamas face deep in a mango, mango juice dripping from her chin.

"Wha? Huh?" The bathroom door swung open following slightly behind was a small wood like thumping noise. Will poked his head out to holler.

"Hey man you cant just barge in anymore I have a girl for my roommate, knock."

"I did knock!" He took a moment to take everything in. Tiara giggled as she tried to clean the mango from her face.

Will emoted then, "Tee if this guy ever tries to get fresh with you, you let me know immediately. . . are those for me?", he asked in a teasing voice.

"Ugh, man you are trash." Luke tried to laugh it off as he went to Tiara and knelt, "These are actually for you." The tone of his voice was soft and sweet, "I was actually hoping to see you at your front desk..I missed you."

Her face grew hot as she took the flowers. "Thank you, Luke. They are beautiful. " She smiled and tried to hide it. Her dimples flashed for just a moment as her cheeks grew rosy and hot.

"Tiara you are totally allowed to see Luke so long as you promise to love me more." He played.

She laughed, "Look boys , I owe my allegiance to no man. I do what I want but, I love you both already. " She soothed teasing them both bringing infectious smiles to their lips.

She leaned over so Luke could sit next to her on the couch. " How are you Luke?"He sat next to her and reached his arm around the spine of the couch.

"Great honestly. I came upstairs to brag to by best friend about my beautiful lady I'm taking out later. He knows I've had my eye on her for quite a while. "

Will crept from the kitchen back to the coffee table and sat with his legs folded. "Wait, Wait, wait. How long have you guys known each other behind my back. I thought I officially introduced you. "

"Well, everything isn't about you sweet prince. Tiara and I met years ago in our high school drama class."

Tiara shrugged, "I didn't want to correct you and I didn't think it important." Tiara excused her self so she could get changed.

"I just I just cant believe you guys have been cheating on me. Especially you Luke. . I thought what we had was special man. "

"We don't know each other that well, man. " The room erupted into laughter as she pouted from the bathroom.

"Anyways," She hurried in her brand new dress, "Id love to stay gentlemen but I have a previous engagement."

"With who?" Will asked as he snacked on Tiara's left over mango slices.

"Why a third gentlemen caller of course, " wink.

William and Luke glanced at each other simultaneously before losing themselves to laughter banging on the table to keep themselves from tearing up.

Tiara felt great as she rode down the elevator leaning against the mirrors. Having friends, people to talk to..it meant everything. Her step was quicker. Her heart felt lighter than a feather.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks so much for reading guys! If you liked what you read Please SHARE, VOTE, FAVORITE. Don't forget to Follow me to get all the updates!

Love is weird but if you have it you are blessed<3

-*-MP

P.s. Have you ever confessed feelings for anyone? Or made any romantic gestures?

What do you think about William? Is he a good guy or a bad guy? Are you guys #TeamWillara or #TeamTill

I think #Willara sounds cute <3 or maybe #Luara you never know guys!

Let me know below! New posts every weekend.

Comment, Share, Like, Subscribe and Follow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232K 6.6K 33
a black teenage girl is going to work for this rich white family to pay for college the following year and the son of the rich white family is a obno...
143K 10.1K 26
[COMPLETED] Two centuries. Two love stories. One holiday season. 1 8 6 7 Every summer since she was eight years old, Nora leaves her home in New York...
2.2K 382 28
Collin lives the good life. He is rich, has everything he needs and his parents will do anything for him, but when you live on the Rich Side, having...
314 70 51
Lucas and Alex, two college students, were instantly drawn to each other when they first met. Lucas confessed his feelings for Alex, and to his delig...