The Hangout (formerly the Han...

By RyanMPorte

Tiara Marks a lonely college student finds herself on the brink off losing everything she's worked so hard f... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 2: Riding Waves
Chapter 3: Stuck on This
Chapter 4: Bad little Girls and Boys
Chapter 5: Flirting With Danger
Chapter 6: The Call
Chapter 7: Can't Love them Cant Kill Them Either
Chapter 8: The Base Dropped
Chapter 9: Hide and Seek
Chapter 10
chapter 11 Intense Expectations
Luke's Stupidity
Proximity
Pretty Panties
Songs and Serenades

Freedom

50 0 0
By RyanMPorte

"So what's with you and Victoria? You trying to get as far from her as possible?" Luke asked as they walked the lobby, Tiara decorating and adding small touches before the wedding.

"What?"

"You seem to be avoiding her.. When we get too close you walk away from her."

"Well she's cute, like too cute." Tiara said quietly deep in concentration.

"Should I feel threatened?" Luke asked teasing and pinching her cheek gently.

"Ha, well no. And yes. I don't know I feel so.." She wanted to say attracted but settled for a less aggressive word "drawn to her and to be honest it kind of scares me."

"Homophobe?"

"No ..like it just doesn't feel natural. With William it was natural with you it felt natural, my attraction to her has nothing to do with her gender. I dont think it's good for me to be this obsessed.

"So you are obsessed?" He giggled at her fear.

"I'm serious."

"I am too and this is seriously funny."

She clicked her lips at him and went about checking over Victoria's work. She had arranged all the flowers perfectly in their clear vases. The tables were set as well. The swags hung high and the lights on either side of the dance floor and walls were already set and danced across the walls and flooring.

"I just have this feeling. Luke everything seems to be coming together. I graduated—I mean I graduated. For such a long time I felt so invisible and then I met William and he became like my best friend and treats me like his little sister and I just..it feels nice. I met you and we have such fun times together and you treat me like you need me. I'm not religious but I feel...blessed. Things like this never happen to people like me."

"I mean I never thought things like this could happen to me and look. . .I'm having adventures. My aunt she's been trying to treat me better in her way. Things aren't perfect..," Tiara's heart still ached for William. For his hugs and his laughter but it would be okay she could resist.

"But they are so much better." Lukes phone went off then and he immediately looked at his phone.

"I'm happy to hear it." He glanced down for a moment and then looked down to Tiara something passed through his eyes but she didn't ask what. It seemed important.

"I'll be back later, I'll meet you at our table." He kissed her cheek and moved with a fluidity that made Tiara notice him physically.

"You seem to enjoy watching him walk away." A familiar voice drifted near her she knew right away.

"Will!" He stood in an all white suit his smile dazing her like always. He moved first wrapping his arms around her he hugged her for a lingering moment.

All of Tiara's words slowly slipped away from her mind but she tried to burry her pain. He was so close to her now. If she would just have the courage those smooth lips would not turn her away.

"I missed you so much." He inhaled her sweet scent instinctively unaware that they were being watched. When he finally pulled away he brushed her hair to the side away from her face so he could stare but it was Tiara that spoke.

"I missed you too, how is Amina?" Tiara began to walk around the room counting props and placement of everything in the room. She still had work to do before she could go upstairs and change. William followed her eyes never leaving her.

"Oh let's not talk about that. I want to talk about you. Your hair is different."

"Well my—best friend was taken from me I needed something to help me cope." She said flipping her hair behind one shoulder. "It's hard not seeing you."

His hand touched her as they walked. Tiara fought the urge but soon she was touching him back. Hands engaged in a game of chicken. Who would hold whose hand first by instinct?

William stopped and looked at her once again the look in his eyes was intimate and though she wanted to ignore him. She couldn't she was trapped in the weight of being together. He spoke but with such a quietness to him she couldn't really make out what he was saying as he mumbled

"I want to be with you. I know I promise to be with someone else but I—"

William had found himself looking away from her hiding all of a sudden. "I wish things were different."

I'll never help you again.

Her aunts voice whispered against her mind. "But they aren't different, it's okay."

"Amina found your bra and panties last week she's been a pain since then." He interrupted as we tried to mirror her movements. She seemed to wander towards a small corner in the banquet hall.

"Well I guess if I were her in this situation I would feel insecure too. Forgive her, I'm sure she doesn't mean it." She retreated more almost running from him. Backing away until he caught her wrist.

"Hey. .You see the best in everyone always empathizing." Her big eyes reflected the colorful lights back to him.

"Well I mean it's the human thing to do isn't it. It's natural like sex. Natural and dangerous."

"I guess." She seemed to steady.

She grinned and held a table number between her fingers and motioned to a table, placing the last table number. They were trying to escape each other. This could be the last conversation and if it was maybe stealing a last kiss would be ok...who would ever know?

The doors were locked now no one could get in unless she or Victoria unlocked them.

"I think it's time we say good bye I have to go finish getting ready and I can assume Amina doesn't know you are here with me." She smirked.

William wasn't ready yet. He wanted more conversations about nothing but he was stolen from his thoughts by Tiara's soft lips. She kissed him gently and then thrust her desire into him so he could feel the full weight of her needs. He pulled her close arms trailing up and down her body but she pulled away from him eyes wild with emotions. He'd barely had a taste. It was not enough.

"I'll see you later okay. That's the last one." The last sentence pulled at his heart. It couldn't be the last one he wanted more so much more. It was starting to burn between his ears and his lugs felt pressed. He loved her and the feeling was starting to burn his soul consuming him.

"Wait." He grabbed her hand but she didn't look at him. "Please."

"No William. We made our choice. You can't go back and you can't change it."

"Don't go." He whispered as he felt a boiling tear run from one of his eyes.

"What are you talking about?" She asked quietly, "You left me."

His head hung low. He needed to say some thing but as he closed his eyes she pulled away. He hid the tears rolling freely on his face but she was gone and he didn't follow her.

"Hey!" Tiara said as the door swung open towards her face. A dark and sultry voice called after her from behind the glass door leading to the garden. "Victoria. I'm sorry." Tiara looked frazzled but a curious Victoria gestured to the garden area which was now covered in more lights and swags. Lines of roses and vines littered the area in beautiful lines of fragrance.

"You were right everything was in the binder. I hope you like it, I took initiative and checked the sound system and lights as well. Everything is in place. I left nothing unaccounted for."

"Wow, this is beautiful. Thank you. "

"Its the least I can do," The sadness in her voice puzzled Tiara but she let it go, "You should go get into your dress you makeup maybe done but you need to hurry if you are going to make it in time to walk in with your family."

"Thanks for the reminder." Tiara left toward the restroom which already had her dress hanging from a hook waiting for her to change into it.

The dress was beautiful though Tiara barely looked at it. She threw it on and made she it fit well before making one more round to check that everything was accounted for.

The sun slid behind the trees and the sunset had come and gone. The lights became more pronounced as the night sky emerged. A small wind was building in the air and in the small time that passed a tiny sense of peace developed Tiaras heart. "You did an amazing job. My aunt and my cousin are on the way from wherever they went after the bachelorette last night and I believe the groomsmen will be arriving in the next fifteen, guests are waiting outside now.

"Perfect we can start soon, let them in."

***

Soon night came and though there was a cool breeze in the hall, Amina was burning. Nothing could ease her not even the sight of Tiffany walking down the isle. Tiffany's long train pushed the petals of various flowers out of the way. A fragrance hung in the air tickling the noses of everyone around. It was beautiful. As they exchanged vows Amina didn't stand. She didn't clap even as people all moved from the grand hall to the ballroom to begin the reception. She sat there consumed by the glitter on Williams face. His hands. His tux.

Tiara must have wanted to say goodbye...

What could she say? What could she do?

This wasn't the place to make a scene but as her mind raced an opportunity emerged itself. Amina watched Tiara stand from her seat at the long table for Tiffany's family members and head to the ladies room.

This is it. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks so much for reading guys! If you liked what you read Please SHARE, VOTE, FAVORITE. Don't forget to Follow me to get all the updates!

*eats popcorn* There are 4 more chapters in this book! 

Love, DEATH, Betrayal and destruction. Curious? 

You can Purchase my ebook here. 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/RyanPorteBooks/

-*-MP

P.s. Why do you love? 

Who do you love?

Would you ever love again?

I tried. Wanna know how that turned out? Ask me on fb!

Cant purchase now? Throw me a coin this tell me you love my books and helps me support my family by providing you guys with all the goods!

Comment, Share, Like, Subscribe and Follow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 651 39
"Winston doesn't make people ignorant or racist, Simone... It's found in the people who choose to allow it into them. Nobody can choose their ethnici...
2.2K 382 28
Collin lives the good life. He is rich, has everything he needs and his parents will do anything for him, but when you live on the Rich Side, having...
98 6 4
Serene skies and beautiful lies Faithful tries to get eachother by Morals of our true love..... Felt as if life gave me a treasure trove~ Words swift...
143K 10.1K 26
[COMPLETED] Two centuries. Two love stories. One holiday season. 1 8 6 7 Every summer since she was eight years old, Nora leaves her home in New York...