Shadow Of The Nightshade

By -blackbones

Shadow is an assassin because it was all she had ever known. With a mind that has been broken time and time a... More

(Important)
Part I
Going to Gotham.
Being Old and Empty Books.
Lost Memories and Confusion.
Pondering in The Air.
Meeting Him.
Silent Tears.
Slade Wilson.
Reconnaissance.
Fairytale Endings.
Part II
Secrets at Cadmus.
Protecting ULT.
Unraveling.
Encountering Him.
Incognita.
Mission Accomplished.
Interrogation (Part 1)
Interrogation (Part 2)
Interrogation (Part 3)
Darkness.
Darkness (2).
Song Bird (1).
Song Bird (2).
What They Want.
Round And Round
Nick Of Time(1).
Nick Of Time (2).
A Stitch In Time.
More Of This?
What Happens When A Speedster...
What Happens When A Kryptonain...
Snippet.
To Be Or Not To Be.
Tantamount To Innocence.
Shocker.
Inked.
Questioned, And Answered.
The Foundation.
Needles, and Regrets.
The Killer And The Sadist.
Plans, and Strings.
Sticks and Stones.
Words Will Never. . .
Memories And Delusions.
Like Shattered Glass.
Part III
Mistrust.
Loss.
Therapy.
Trust?
Talking.
End.
Family.
Sold My Soul.
Showers.
Acknowledge That You've Been Beat.
Admitting That You're Jelly.
Out Of Luck.
Outfoxed.
Outclassed.
Surprises.
The Unexpected.
The Unexpected (2).
Sort of Expected.
If she dies, I die.
Lock Down.
Goodbye.
Mission Accomplished?.
Escape.
Straight To Voicemail.
Time.
I'll Do This For You.
Cat And Mouse.
The Nightshade.
Alfred Is The Ultimate Ninja Master.
Part IV
Day 1: •°Can't Let Go°•
•°Bitter Revelation°•
Day 3: °•Letting go°•
•°No Way°•
•°Day 6: The Foundation°•
Day 10: °•Understanding°•
Day 9: •°Bearable•°
Day 9: •°Gabriel•°
Day 9:•°Elijah•°
Day 10: •°Discharge•°
Day 10: •°Breathe•°
Day 10: •°Names•°
Cue The Flash.
Call me Don.
BREAKING NEWS!
Killing.
Let's play.
Shall we die?
Rain, Rain, Go Away...
The Past.
To Kill.
I Know Her.
Robin and Shadow.
Chosen.
It was a deal.
I did. ..
It's Our Fault.
Robin, Where's Shadow?
Lilian.
Meeting Again.
Hate.
Belong
Team Shadow.
Three words.
Sleep.
Talking Again.
Just Because...
Sleep with a smile
Kitchen fever.
Blinded
Timothy.
Gabriel's visit (I)
Gabriel's visit (II)
Gabriel's visit (III)
Death

Day 10: •°Broken Mirror•°

560 46 11
By -blackbones

××
Dick

I can't believe he didn't trust me enough to tell me what was on the file.

I glared at the door that caged me in my room, hearing Alfred's footsteps just outside.

He doesn't trust me to stay.

Moving my gaze to the computer in front of me, I frowned.

I thought he'd understand.

My fingers moving across the keyboard a smile unconsciously crept on my lips.

×

'I swear,' a quiet voice started next to me, 'you bats love your computers more than your life.'

I looked up, my eyes leaving the hard drive in my hands as I tucked it into my pocket.
'You.'

'Yes me, Robin.' she said with a small smile.

'W-what?' I cleared my throat and stood up. 'What are you doing here?'

She rolled her eyes but her smile grew. 'Was it necessary to risk your life for some hardware?'

'What are you doing here?' I almost growled. Bruce was just a few blocks away.

She sighed, turning to the burning building I had just jumped out from. 'My best friend just died today. I guess I wanted to see if you were still alive.'

'But not for long if you keeping getting yourself into situations like these.' she continued and tossed something in my direction.

I caught it before it hit my face but when I looked back up, she was  gone.

The object was a timer, one you used to set off bombs. My eyes narrowed as I turned it around.

There were four words etched on the back. Be careful next time —S.

'Robin.' I stiffened as Batman landed next to me, closing my palm over the timepiece.

'I heard the explosion.'

'I got the hard drive.' I turned to him, pasting a cocky smile on my face.

His frown deepened. 'That was reckless, you should have called for back up.'

'I had it.' I scoffed. 'You don't need to baby me all the time.'

'Let's go.'

Silently following after him, I felt wiped the sweat off my forehead.

She tampered with the timer, that's why the explosion was delayed.

××

I stared blankly at the red dot that showed Batman's location. He had just arrived at Shade's Nightclub.

He still underestimates me after everything.

Rubbing the silver band on my ring finger, I sighed, running my fingers through my hair.

'This is probably the reason for the lightning.' I whispered to myself bitterly. Why did she give it to me?

How come no one in the Justice League noticed it dangling from my neck?

'Doesn't matter.' Groaning, I pulled off the blanket covering me to reveal my suit, folded and pressed, next to me. 'Security has seriously dropped in this place.'

'Bruce still doesn't know he needs a pass code to bypass normal club activities.' I brushed my hair out of my eyes and put on my mask.

'That should stop him.' A smirk crawled on my lips. 'That is, until he throws the place into chaos.'

'That gives me plenty of time to find a nice—', I slipped on my gloves, '—suitable, hiding spot to watch everything unfold.'

Fixing on my cape, I put on my boots. 'Sorry Alfred, I'll be safe. Don't worry I'm with Batman.'

I read the words on the piece of paper, took me some time to find the right words but still, something was missing.

'Save me some cookies, not gonna be home for dinner.
Love Dick.' Staring at the messy writing for a moment, I shrugged and placed it on my desk.

This letter will probably make him worry more. I had an afterthought and cancelled the part about being with Batman. Hanging out with the Dark Knight was the epitome of danger.

'Sorry Alfred, I'll be safe. Save me some cookies, not gonna be home for dinner. Love Dick.' I laid it next to my lava lamp, 'Lacks pizazz, but it'll do.'

My phone started ringing and I found myself staring at, "Unknown number". 'Hello?'

'Hey Dick,' Said the cheery, slightly worried voice at the other end.

'Barbara?' I asked in surprise, staring at a mirror as I fixed my titled mask.

'Hey, I was worried, you missed a couple days of school.'

'I had a flu.' I replied after a moment of silence, holding the phone to my ear with my shoulder as I fitted my utility belt around my waist.

'I came over to visit, Alfred said I couldn't see you.', I could imagine her frowning in displeasure. 'Doesn't sound like a regular flu to me.'

'He probably didn't want you to catch it.' I countered, placing my comm into my other ear. 'It was a really bad flu.'

'Whatever,' she scoffed. 'Are you coming to school tomorrow?'

'If Bruce let's me. You know how overprotective he can be.' Some ridicule diffused into my words.

'Dick, are you okay?'

I slapped my forehead in anger. Do I have to be a baby about everything?

'Are you and Bruce fighting again?' she asked with concern.

'I'll talk to you later, Babs.' I stared into the phone screen and sighed.

'Wait, don't—'

I cut the call. . . by throwing the phone at the mirror.

'Master Dick?' Came Alfred's worried voice from outside my room.

'I. . . I'm fine,' I stammered, looking at my broken reflection.
'I just knocked down a vase by accident.'

'Do you need me to—'

'No, I've got it.' I frowned. 'You don't need to bother, I'm not that useless.'

I heard his disappointed sigh from behind the door. 'Very well, Master Grayson.'

My fist went flying into the already destroyed mirror.

Why can't I do anything right?
First, I upset Bruce.
Then Barbara.
Now, Alfred.

I stared at the person reflected back at me, a shattered hero.

I messed everything up as Dick Grayson now I'm doing the same thing as Robin.

Dick was a circus freak screw up that no one needed. But Robin is the boy wonder, Batman's protégé and partner, someone who everyone wanted.

Maybe I should stay wanted forever.

××
AN:

Who expected this?
What's up with Rob?
Should I do more Dick's POV?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124 0 16
In the shadowed alleyways of Gotham, a new menace lurks, known only as Wrath-an enigmatic assassin whose mission to annihilate the very foundations o...
475K 12.8K 25
Bruce gets a wake up call when Alfred 'accidently' signs him up for foster care. Now Bruce must take care of a teenage girl named Kaine, while still...
20.1K 880 30
The young 23 year old Bruce Wayne is back in action after all of the villains mysteriously appear back in Gotham, including the dangerous Joker. Afte...
22.3K 514 27
Bruce Wayne meets a mysterious girl, who comes with a lot of problems. Will these problems fade in to romance? Or turn to chaos? {Process of editing...