{ #2 } I Would Give Him The...

Da Snape75

Black Moon Series Book #2 Warning: #Mature #Gay #Office This story is a prequel to I was shooting for the Moo... Altro

Preface
Characters
Pictures and Maps of places that inspired this story
Chapter 1 - Vacation!!!!
Chapter 2 - A New Start
Chapter 3 - Where Did My Blissful Vacation Go??
Chapter 4 - Electric Blue Eyes
Chapter 5 - Hasty Decision
Chapter 6 - The First Offer
Chapter 7 - Relaxing
Chapter 8 - First Day Alone
Chapter 9 - Teasing
Chapter 10 - The Invitation
Chapter 11 - Revelations...
Chapter 12 - Lonely Week
Chapter 13 - Manipulative
Chapter 14 - Resolutions
Chapter 15 - Wrong Move...
Chapter 16 - Being Experimental
Chapter 17 - Saving Private Liam
Chapter 18 - The Apology
Chapter 19 - Time To Talk
Chapter 20 - Have I Peed My Pants??
Chapter 21 - Open That Door!
Chapter 22 - The Black Diamond
Chapter 23 - Teasing Him Further...
Chapter 24 - Bliss
Chapter 25 - Compromising
Chapter 26 - The Contract
Chapter 27 - Let The Fun Begin!
Chapter 28 - More Training... More Perfection...
Chapter 29 - Time to Talk... And Talk...
Chapter 30 - A Last Round Before I Leave
Chapter 31 - Not The Best Idea
Chapter 32 - Things Don't Always Go As Planned
Chapter 33 - First Official Night
Chapter 34 - Edging
Chapter 35 - When The Cat's Away...
Chapter 36 - Is This Jealousy?
Chapter 37 - Rough Moment
Chapter 38 - Big Apple
Chapter 39 - Working In New York
Chapter 40 - Breaking Records...
Chapter 41 - So Lonely
Chapter 42 - Celebrations and Revelations
Chapter 43 - Time To Get Ready
Chapter 44 - First Public Performance
Chapter 45 - Where The Hell Is He?
Chapter 46 - Friends My Ass!
Chapter 47 - Bitter Sweet Return
Chapter 48 - Moving on...
Chapter 49 - Plotting...
Chapter 50 - Shitty Day!
Chapter 51 - The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 52 - What Have I Done?
Chapter 53 - This Is Not Me!!
Chapter 54 - This Is Not My Problem!
Chapter 55 - This Is Not Me (Either) !!
Chapter 57 - Getting Him Back
Chapter 58 - Doldrums
Chapter 59 - Help... I Need Help...
Chapter 60 - From Oblivion To Determination
Chapter 61 - Cold Shower
Chapter 62 -Second Chances
Chapter 63 - You Are Mine!
Chapter 64 - A Bright Future
Chapter 65 - Nervous? Who's Nervous?
Chapter 66 - Taking Risks
Chapter 67 - We Have A Problem
Chapter 68 - Risky Business
Chapter 69 - The Lifesaver
Chapter 70 - Hard Wakening
Chapter 71 - Sweet Care
Chapter 72 - Healing... Or Healed...
Chapter 73 - Barbecue Party
Chapter 74 - Secrets & Lies
Chapter 75 - Apologies
Chapter 76 - The Black Moon It Is !
Chapter 77 - Revelations
Chapter 78 - Slow Vs. Quick
Chapter 79 - Decisions, Decisions...
Chapter 80 - Unexpected Audience
Chapter 81 - Happy Ending?
Chapter 82 - Un Dernier Pour La Route*
Epilogue
Thanks / Info
The Black Moons Series Has More To Come

Chapter 56 - Time To Move On

29.3K 1.2K 352
Da Snape75

(Liam's POV - Fri. 25 April 2014)

There are days like today when things won't work the way they should. Yes it is another of those days I knew I should have stayed in bed and spent the entire day sleeping. First I woke up to a clinging and snoring Shannon in my bed; again. Then when I wanted to cook myself some breakfast, for once I was hungry, I met an empty fridge and barely had enough ham to prepare a sandwich for my lunch.; needless to say I left a note threatening Shan to let him starve for the whole week-end if he didn't go grocery shopping today. Then I missed my train; met Tony in the elevator; spilled a bit of coffee on my shirt; and now there is this damn document!

I have been working on this file for nearly three hours already and I just can't get it where I want. One of the architects prepared this presentation and asked me to edit all the slides so that it looks decent; and he needs it by the middle of the afternoon, but the stupid display just won't work and it is seriously starting to get on my nerves. Noon already. It leaves me about three hours and I have no doubt that it will be ready by then but it just takes me the hell of a time; besides, it is not as if that was my only task for today. Trying to shift some of the text boxes with tables and diagrams, I get something slightly better looking but two of the objects won't align as I want them to and I hate it.

"Argh shit..." I curse silently, slamming my hand on my desk with frustration.

"Try the control key while you move it and it will work better," a voice says from the door frame of my office, making me startle. Ally and Elena. Both smirking. I have been cautiously avoiding them since the beginning of the week pretending I had too much work to actually take lunch breaks - which was not that much a lie anyway. So that was Ally who talked and I watch her as she walks to stand beside me and moves her fingers over my keyboard and my mouse, perfectly aligning the objects on my presentation and exactly as I wanted them.

"Thanks... I didn't know that trick..." I mumble.

"You're welcome, Hun. Now I think it's time for lunch break," she cheers.

"Hmm... I can't go, I hav..."

"Don't serve me your bullshit again, Liam," she interrupts me, with a strict frown. "I know you're busy, but you can allow yourself a little half hour. Now get up and let's go if you don't want to lose too much time in futile disputes."

Peeking at Elena who stayed by the entrance, I see that I am not going to get any support from her either; she arches her perfect eyebrows and motions her head to beckon me to follow them in a way that leaves no place for further pleading. So I give up arguing. With a sigh, I grab my lunch bag and follow them to the elevators, ignoring their satisfied grins. The ride to the first floor remains silent as people get in and out on our descent. The canteen is almost empty, thank God! The weather has been rather pleasant for the last two days and I assume that a lot of people must have decided to enjoy their break outdoors. The three of us settle at our usual round table and the girls start their habitual Friday chatter about the upcoming week-end, but I only listen to their conversation.

"Do you have plans for the week-end, Liam?" Elena asks at some point.

"Hmm... nothing clear yet, but my best friend Shannon is leaving Chicago on Sunday for two months, so I guess we'll enjoy our last week-end together..." I reply rather automatically. Shannon and I haven't really planned anything yet but I can't imagine him not proposing something on Saturday evening; especially since he will be gone for two whole months; particularly because he will be stuck in a forest, far from any big city, for two whole months; no pubs; no nightclubs; and probably no sex. Though, with Shan, you never know. If he gets really horny, I'm pretty sure he will manage to find someone. Note to self: slip at least two boxes of condoms in his luggage.

"Two months? Has he found a job?" Ally asks.

"Yeah... some kind of ecologic association - I can't remember their name - is doing some work in the Shawnee National Forrest to clean and build wooden cabins there; something about cleaning up the animals' habitat and building some refuge chalets for the forest wardens and ornithologists; something like that..." I explain.

"Really...?" Ally says with an off tone. "I mean... that's good for him. Won't you get bored on your own?" she then asks worriedly.

"Naaa, I'll be fine," I chuckle. "It won't be the first time that Shan leaves for a few weeks..." I reassure her, but I don't tell her that it's the first time he will be away for such so long and not at the best time. The few times that Shan left for two or three weeks, I missed him, but it was okay because I was... well, I was busy and rarely spending any time at my apartment. Now this is a different story. We are talking about two full months. And I don't have anywhere else to go while he is away.

"You can come over at home for dinner if you want in the next few week-ends..." Ally kindly offers.

"Thanks, Ally, we'll see..."

"Hey guys!" someone suddenly says beside me. His name is Esteban and he is one of the few guys on the finance floor who was always nice with me when I worked there in the beginning. He sometimes joins us for lunch, though most of the time, he hangs out with the guys from IT. Esteban takes the last available chair between Ally and myself and begins to open his lunch bag. "Hey Ally, how are you dealing with the big boss at the moment?" he asks with a smug smile.

"What do you mean...?"

"Huh... I just hope he talks to you better than what I heard this morning..." he whispers secretly, allowing only our table to hear him. "He was like a bear with a sore head when he came to the 17th floor," he explains with a chuckle. "Derek's door was closed and we only vaguely some loud voices, but I think Derek ate a plate full of shit..."

"You're not supposed to say things like this, Esteban," Elena scolds him.

"It's no secret that Derek and I don't really get along. Too bad for him, I do my job well and he never found any good reason to fire me," Esteban replies, returning his attention to Ally. "So? What's going on? I hope the company is not facing some difficulties?"

"I don't know what you're talking about and working in the financial department, you know that the company is doing more than fine," Ally replies with a certain uneasiness, catching more of my attention.

"Come on Al... Admit he's been a bit touchy recently... and that beard... Although I must confess that it suits him well... It's just... not like him... he's usually so closely shaved..." Esteban argues.

"Maybe he's just trying a new genre... but the question is rather... Since when do you keep tabs on Mr. Pierce's looks..." Elena chirps in with a smirk.

"I don't..." Esteban defends himself. "It's just... talks of the company... The rumor says that he has been dumped by his boyfriend..." he whispers, leaning over the table. All this time, I have kept my head down, playing with the empty plastic wrapping of my sandwich, but when I hear Esteban's last sentence, my eyes shoot up to Ally, only to realize that she is staring at me with an uncomfortable expression, making me wonder if Joshua has finally told her about our ex-relationship. "At least this is what I heard at the coffee machine yesterday..." Esteban insists.

"Gotta go, guys... Have a good week-end and see you on Monday..." I say and swiftly rise from my chair, not wanting to hear more about the gossips and how close to the truth they may be.

I know how my sudden behavior might sound suspicious to Ally, but I don't really care. Considering how she looked at me and thinking again about what she has been telling me, I am pretty sure that she now knows that something happened between her boss and me. To be honest, she probably had doubts a long time ago; Ally is a smart woman and she can easily put two and two together; it doesn't mean that I want to discuss this with her all the same. Besides, I assume that she can understand that I don't want to hear any more of this, so after some quick good-byes, I leave them to their conversation.

Once I am back in my office, I can't help my thoughts wandering back to what I heard over lunch. On Tuesday evening when Ally told me that Joshua hadn't been in the office at all, I was surprised and I saw the worry on Ally's face, but on Wednesday I knew that he was back since Allan had a meeting with him in the morning. Since then, I have been careful to avoid everyone and especially outside the building, making sure that neither the SUV nor the Sedan was there dropping him off or picking him up. Every time I have had to leave my office, either to go to the bathrooms or the coffee room, or to work with some colleagues on the open space, I listened intently to voices nearby Allan's desk in case Joshua would show up on the floor, but he didn't.

Somehow, I am glad that I can still work here without coming across the big boss, but I doubt that it will last forever. There has to be a moment when I will be caught off guard and meet him, but the later, the better; I just hope that by then, I will have moved on. From what Esteban said, the man has been in a pretty awful mood and apparently slacking on his physical appearance; a beard he said... Now I wonder what Joshua looks like... I have always seen him cleanly shaved, even during the week-ends; the morning stubble always disappeared soon after he got up and had breakfast, making the skin of his face so soft to the touch. I surprise myself thinking that a beard might look sexy actually... I like Camden's short beard; it gives him a bear-like semblance, but it suits him so well! What about Joshua? My imagination slowly drifts to the sensation of touching a four or five day stubble... Argh, no!!! I can't allow myself to have such thoughts!!!

Now what worries me the most is this rumor saying that he has been dumped by his boyfriend and it actually raises several questions. How would they know that Joshua is gay when he never came out officially? Well, I guess that people are easily making their assumptions here; Joshua is so handsome that people would find it suspicious that he is not yet married or at least engaged at the age of twenty-eight. How would they know that he did have a boyfriend? The only people who knew about us were Allan and Tony, plus maybe a few guys from Tony's team, but none of them would ever divulge anything about it... And how can they say that he was dumped? Is this just another assumption they are making from his bad mood? Who could have been the source of this rumor anyway? Then last but not least... how much do they really know about the CEO's ex-boyfriend? Do they know it is me? That would really suck because I definitely don't need to draw attention on me at the moment!

Rather than beating myself up for all this gossip, I take a deep breath and get back to work. I just can't wait to get out of here and enjoy my last week-end with Shannon before his departure to South Illinois and the sooner I am done with this presentation, the better.

* * *

"So...? What are we doing tonight, Bunny?" Shannon asks as he plops down on my bed beside me, waking me up from a short nap. After some grocery shopping earlier this morning -Shan supposedly didn't see my note yesterday... - , we cleaned the apartment and I helped him to pack for his two-month journey in the forest. As a matter of fact, all this activity did me some good but it also tired me; not mentioning how my nights have been quite short and agitated lately. Knowing that we were probably going to spend the night out, this little nap was more than necessary.

"I'm up for whatever you want to do," I reply smiling innocently at him.

"You naughty guy!!!" he chuckles and thinking over what I just said, I realize its double meaning.

"I didn't mean it like this!!! You're such a pervert..." I exclaim, slapping his shoulder playfully.

"I know that... but it was an easy one! Anyway, I want to go out dancing! How does that sound?" he proposes. Well I could have guessed it...

"Wouldn't you rather go to see a movie and we could also have dinner out?"

"If we do that, we'll be home by eleven... I want a long night out!" he whines, pouting his lips in hope to coax me. I am really not in a mood to party out in a club, but at the same time, I want to please my friend.

"Okay... Fine with me... Where do you want to go?"

"Let's go to the Lost Paradise! Last time I went there, they had a new DJ and they played good music..." he suggests.

Had it been a few months ago, I would have refused knowing that the club was owned by Aaron, but he sold it in February and there are no risks to meet him there. How hypocrite of me! I actually miss Aaron, Camden and Mark a lot... Even if these guys look serious most of the time and I always behaved with all due respect toward them at the Black Diamond, they can be fun and playful when they hang out together out of the club. I've always enjoyed spending time with them when they came to Joshua's place for lunch over the week-ends. Remembering these moments we shared over dinners or in the basement playroom - not the one upstairs of course! - is really hurtful and I realize that by leaving Joshua, I also lost great friends.

"Li...? So, what do you think?" Shannon says, bringing me out of my painful memories.

"Sure... let's do that..." I reply, unable to avoid my strangled voice.

"Are you sure you'll be okay while I'm gone, Bunny?" he asks with concern. Shit! The last thing I want is Shannon worrying for me when he leaves tomorrow!

"Yes, of course..." I reassure him more confidently.

"You still haven't spoken to Joshua, have you?"

"No..." I admit.

"Why don't you guys talk and sort things out? Even if you don't want to tell me what really happened, I can see that you're hurt and that..."

"I'm fine, Shan. Let's just say that... we decided to take a break..." I lie. What else can I say? If I tell Shan that I broke up with Joshua because he doesn't love me, that would mean admitting that the six months we spent together were not based on love and Shan wouldn't understand. Telling him that we needed a break is much easier and perhaps, when he returns in two months, I will be in another relationship. In that case, I will just have to say that Joshua and were not able to mend up and I found someone else. As if, Li...

"What? Why didn't you tell me it was that serious? What happened? Did he hurt you? Did he cheat on you?" Shan exclaims in anger, sitting up on my bed.

"No! He didn't do any of that, but... it's complicated, Shan. Just don't worry, I promise I'll sort things out. And I don't want to spoil the mood for tonight, so forget about it, okay? Let's just go get ready and have some fun, please..." I beg with a pleading look.

"You have been so... secretive about this guy. It's weird... I feel like you're hiding things to me..." my friend replies warily.

"There's nothing that important, don't worry... Let's get ready!" I cheer, standing up and scurrying to my drawers to look for some clothes.

"Okay... I'll go shower first... But Li... if you need me to come back at some point over the next two months, promise me you'll call me to ask..." Shan says as he comes to stand beside me, resting a hand on my shoulder. I turn to look at him and I see sincere worry in his eyes. Except for the first few months after we met, during which he protected me from some bullies at school, it was rather the contrary; me worrying for him; and it feels weird to be on the other side again. Shan has a great opportunity with this job he has been offered and I don't want him to spend his time worrying for me.

"I promise, just don't worry and I'll be fine," I reply with an honest grin.

I guess the smile worked because later this evening, after some good burgers in a diner, Shan is back to his usual carefree and hyper self, stomping and wriggling about while we are progressing in the line to enter the Lost Paradise. I vaguely remember the bouncer at the entrance but sigh with relief when he doesn't seem to recognize me. At the same time, it was months ago and I haven't been there at all since then. The interior of the club hasn't changed much despite its new ownership and we easily find our way to the bar. The place is already crowded with young and middle aged people ready to have fun.

After getting a first cocktail at the bar, Shannon and I head toward the lounge area where we sit at one of the tables and on the exact same couch where I had made out with a certain guy last year. We are soon joined by a group of guys that Shan met here before. There are three of them, Sebastian, Gilles and Steven and after about two hours of talking and drinking a couple of more cocktails, I feel relaxed enough to let myself being dragged to the dance floor by the guys. We mingle among other bodies and it quickly turns hot between Shan and two of the men while I dance with the shyer Steven.

However, as time passes with the flow of songs, Steven becomes slightly more undertaking and I find myself stuck to his body as we writhe to the rhythm of the music.

"I love your blue eyes..." he says shyly and I can't tell if the red on his face comes from the heat in the room or if he is blushing. Steven is about my size and as slim as I am in his black jeans and white shirt. His blond hair is nicely styled in long spikes and his green eyes just reflect kindness and sweetness.

"Thank you," I whisper in his ear as I lean forward and rest a hand on his shoulder, leaving it there for long enough for him to decide to wrap his arms around my waist and continue to dance in a slower motion against me. Quite naturally, my other hand reaches to meet the first one at the back of his neck and before I know it, we are kissing in the middle of the crowd, not really paying any further attention to what is surrounding us.

After a while though, I propose him to go back to the lounge area where we have another drink in an isolated and dark corner. As I look around us, I realize that other couples are making out and we both blush in embarrassment. Steven being as shy as I am it seems, it takes some time before we end up lacing our fingers and sneaking closer to each other. I am not unconscious of my actions, but I can't say that I really know what I am doing either or what I want. Things just happen gradually. Hands crawling closer to each other, until they finally touch. Fingers lacing together. Knees slowly meeting. However, I soon find myself straddling Steven's lap, my arms wrapped around his shoulders and our groins pressed against each other. I just can't ignore how hard I am. I don't know if these are side effects of the alcohol, but I feel horny as hell. It has been only a week since I last had sex, but right now, I am clearly missing it. That ex-Dominant of mine turned me into a sex addict it seems.

Steven's hands shyly rub my thighs while my fingers run through his hair. He is definitely not as undertaking as I would like him to. What if he is a bottom too? Is he waiting for me to dominate things? Would I even enjoy myself topping another guy? I am so used to being guided and following the lead... But then again why not? After all, Shannon does enjoy both positions from what he often tells me; even if he prefers bottoming, he admits that topping once in a while can be fun, so why wouldn't I enjoy it too?

That reminds of that time Shan asked me if I had ever topped Joshua; at that time, it had never crossed my mind. For God's sake, only a week ago it didn't cross my mind! But now... Argh... Things were so easier with Joshua! Things were so easier being a Submissive and following the lead of a Dominant! Joshua and his authoritative self... Joshua and his strong and safe arms... Joshua and his dominance... Joshua and his beautiful body... Shit!! I need to snap out of it! I need to get him out of my head! I fucking need to move on and live my life! I need to get this over with! And that Steven guy could be my chance to start something new and forget about the incapable-of-love Mr. Pierce.

Driven by my confused emotions, my hands gain in confidence and start running down Steven's slender chest. That chest is not as firm as I would like it... Those hands on my hips are not bold enough... Deal with it, Liam!! I press myself closer to Steven as my right hand eventually reaches his crotch; he obviously likes my touches... I ignore the sudden nagging thoughts invading my mind. You're cheating on him, Liam! How dare you?? Argh to hell with that!!

Published on 12 Nov 2016

I apologize for leaving you on a cliffhanger...

I received a few messages kindly asking to publish more chapters recently and I am truly sorry for making you wait for updates, but I just can't go faster than I already do. As you know, the book is fully written (except for the epilogue), otherwise, I wouldn't have started publishing it. It's only an insurance for readers to know that this won't be an unfinished book as it often happens on Wattpad or to get one chapter every week . However, reviewing a chapter before I post it still requires some work. I spend between three and six hours on each chapter before I post it, depending on its length and on how good or bad it was when I wrote it (for example, that one took me more than five hours!). I rephrase the sentences; I develop them to make them longer, go into more details; I adapt the story and the characters according to the comments on the previous chapters (your opinion does count!); I reread several times to make sure there are not grammatical errors or missing words. I may be an amateur, but I do this as seriously as possible because I really want to provide something decent. I understand that some of you are eager to find out about when Joshua and Liam will get back together. Soon is the answer. We're getting there. After that one, there are still 5 chapters before they fully resume their relationship, but next chapter is called Getting Him Back and it's in Joshua's POV, so you can imagine that things will finally move on.

Anyway, I take this opportunity to thank you for baring with me and for reading this story and hope that you will enjoy the rest of it. There is one last major plot development after they get back together and you already know that this is what Liam mentioned in the epilogue of the first story (that's if you read I Was Shooting For The Moon, I Hit Two Stars before). So yeah, a little more stress and then we'll be done with this story. Hopefully I will be able to start publishing Twisted Moon shortly after the end of this one. A large half of the story is written, so there shouldn't be that much time between both stories.

Thanks again and enjoy a nice week-end!

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

556K 19.6K 42
[BoyxBoy]/[ManxBoy] [Completed, but I do go back to edit it when I'm not lazy] Skylar Thas is known as a shy, anti-social, nerdy boy. He spends most...
201K 10K 84
The new, geeky kid in school gets partnered with a popular jock in biology. He believes that geeks and jocks can't be friends until this particular j...
33.8K 825 16
Meet Oliver Evans he is 27 years old and just landed a job as secretary to big shot CEO. He hasn't met his new boss yet because he has only exchange...
Mine Da Kate

Storie d'amore

267K 6.8K 65
" what's wrong," he asked, fucking tears, now I have to answer him " nothing I'm fine," I said he scoffed " I didn't ask are you okay but obviously y...