Only Time Will Tell

By silviaaxox

"Sooner or later you're going to fall for me." "You forgot the 'never' option." I smiled fakely. He chuckled... More

1. Let Me Introduce You
2. Meeting the Neighbours
3. New Boy
4. Alone with New Boy
5. Welcome to Our Gang
6. Try-Outs
7. Not So Fun Fun Fair
8. Explanations
9. Patience is a Virtue
10. Trying to Impress
11. Can't Sleep
12. You Can Have Him
13. Keep Away From Her
14. What Was That?
15. Sports Awards Dinner
16. The Wedding
17. Need a Ride?
18. Neighbour after Date
19. Carefree
20. Taking Me Out
21. Meet My Mates
22. I Had Fun
23. Three Harsh Words
24. I Want You to Be There
26. Confused
27. The Three Words
28. My Prince on a Unicorn
29. Mistake
30. HELP!
31. You Don't Know Anything
32. Shopping Trip
33. Beach Party
34. Just Give Me a Chance
35. This Place Is Beautiful
36. Just Come Out
37. Just Stay
38. Date Night With A Twist
39. The Three Unrequited Words
40. Business Thing
41. The Match
42. A Library?
43. What's Wrong?
44. I Should Have Known
45. You Fucked Up
46. Let's Bunk
47. What Is Wrong With You?
48. You Want Me 'Cause I'm Taken
49. Romantic
50. Fight
51. I Don't Know What To Think
52. Remember
53. Think Things Through
54. The Truth
55. Venice

25. The Kiss

7.1K 253 63
By silviaaxox

How was your Christmas guys? Mine was awesome!! I had so much fun with the family! Hope yours was great too <3

Chapter Twenty-Five

After we got our tattoos done we were meant to hang out but Kyle got a call from his dad demanding to see him instantly. Kyle told me he'd stay if I wanted him to and that it wasn't important but even though I had to admit I wanted to spend time with him, I knew he was lying because I heard his dads tone of voice. Kyle dropped me home and since then I hadn't seen him. Not that I was observing his house or anything cos that would be creepy. Haha.

Anyway, if I didn't see him today then I could ask him at school tomorrow right? Right.

My mum came into my room with a frown. "Hannah darling, why aren't you ready yet?"

"I nearly am." I defended.

"You're in your towel." She sighed.

"Okay okay. I'll get ready but you have to leave." I ordered and my mum did so. 

Today was Sunday. And it was one of those Sundays that held a work event of my fathers. Not that I wanted to go, but I had no choice. Plus, maybe Kyle would be there— OMG HANNAH! STOP THINKING ABOUT HIM!

I looked out the window at the weather. It seemed pretty sunny. I decided to wear one of my favourite sets which consisted of a floral print pencil skirt and strapless bralet. It was perfect. You could barely see any skin between the bralet and high waisted pencil skirt meaning it coveted my tattoo making me look elegant enough to not bring my father any shame, and yet the skirt was fitted enough to show off my curves and bralet to show my top body off both of which I never complained about. I slipped on a pair of cream sling back platform high heels and after doing my makeup I was ready. I looked at myself in the mirror happy with the result. I quickly grabbed a cream and black clutch and made my way downstairs. 

My mum looked me up and down and cocked an eyebrow without saying anything.

"Mum, its boiling outside and I'm not revealing much of my tummy. My tattoo is covered. Is it really that bad?" I asked.

My mum laughed. "Honey, I didn't say anything. It's absolutely fine. You look respectable enough."

"Well then why the look?"

"Because you have a boyfriend and I doubt he'd approve if he saw you like that." She smiled to herself.

I shrugged. "Well he isn't going to." I wasn't a bitch. I really liked Luke, but as I told you before, I dressed for me, not to impress guys or some bitches. So no matter how much I liked Luke, if he told me to not wear this outfit, I'd probably ignore him.

"And thank god for that." She laughed again. "Because you'll be turning heads today." I rolled my eyes at my mum before joining my dad in the car. He didn't comment on the outfit meaning it was fine.

~***~

We parked outside a fancy manor house with grand gardens and fountains. I loved the place but I thought it was a bit showy.

"Jones." My dad told the man at the door as he let us through after ticking the surname off on a list.

As soon as we were inside I realised my mum was right. I felt several eyes on me but I tried to ignore them as my father led us through the groups of people.

"Aah!" He exclaimed finally. "Jacob!" Jacob? That sounded familiar but where did I—

"My, my." A husky voice drew my attention to its owner as my breath hitched. 

Kyle. Of course, Jacob was Kyle's dads name and even though I was hoping that they'd attend, Kyles presence surprised me.

"Don't you look," Kyle's eyes scanned my body up and down his eyes shamelessly lingering on the tight material around my hips and then my chest before drifting back to my own. "Stunning." He sent me a flashy smile revealing his perfectly white teeth.

I felt myself blush. "Not too bad yourself." He was in a light blue flannel shirt with light chinos and dress shoes. As always, he looked like an image from a modelling magazine.

"Right kids, why don't we leave you alone as we go say hello to our other business partners." Jacob, Kyles dad smiled at us, before both Kyles and my parents left us.

"How is it?" Kyle asked.

I looked at him confused. "How's what?"

His eyes focused on my left hip. "The tattoo."

"Oh yeah, it's alright. I'm so paranoid I keep in cleaning it." I laughed.

Kyle joined in. "Typical princess."

"How's yours?" I asked.

He smirked. "I forgot I even got it."

"Lies."

"Come on, let's get a drink." He grabbed my hand and at the touch of his skin my heart skipped a beat. Before I knew it, we were standing in front of a little glass table that held bottles of wine, champagne and other drinks.

I looked at him not knowing whether this was a good idea. But then I thought about it, you only live once right?

He looked at me, a suggestive smirk.

"You take one I take the other." I ordered looking around and tucking a bottle of red wine under my arm covering it with my bag. I heard him chuckle before he took my hand again and dragged me out the back door of the mansion into the garden.

Unfortunately, there were a bunch of people which meant we'd get caught.

Kyle tugged my hand getting my attention. "There." He pointed his chin in the direction of an arch made of a hedge leading into a segregated garden filled with decorated trees and bunches of colourful flowers. In the centre there was a pond filled with swans. From the height we were standing it looked easy to get to but when we entered through the hedge arch, we found ourselves in a sort of maze. There was a low brick wall setting out a pathway that we decided to follow. After a few curves and turns, we were met by stone steps that we went down by and ended up by the beautiful pond.

I uncovered the wine and placed it on the stone wall. Kyle did the same with the champagne.

"Shit." I cursed. "We don't have glasses."

Kyle looked at me amused. "We can just drink from the bottles. You're not scared to mix my saliva with yours are you?" He teased.

"Well you never know with you," I shrugged. "I could get herpes or something."

His face suddenly didn't look so amused. "Oh ha-ha."

I rolled my eyes opening the bottle and taking a swing. 

"You're a bit if a rebel aren't you?" Kyle teased.

"Why so surprised?" I asked. "I thought I told you not to judge a book by its cover."

Kyle checked me out again, his eyes on my body made my skin heat up. "Oh trust me princess, by your cover today, you wouldn't want to know mine or anyone else's judgment."

I rolled my eyes punching him in the arm playfully. I picked myself up and onto the brick wall so I could sit in front of Kyle who was leaning against a tree his bottle in his hand. 

Yes, we were planning to get wasted on wine and champagne. That's how the posh kids roll! I joke, I wasn't posh. I just had a highly respected father and there was no other alcohol around.

"So what does your tattoo mean?" I blurted out.

"I told you, it's self-explanatory—"

"No, I mean the new one." I told him taking another swing at the bottle.

"What makes you so curious princess? You know curiosity killed the cat?" He cocked an eyebrow.

"Well maybe being a human, I'll have more luck," I retorted making him chuckle. "Seriously though, one day?" I asked. I just couldn't figure it out. One day what?

"One day you'll see." He winked chuckling again.

I glared at him "Was that pun intended?"

"What if it was?"

"You're so sad." I commented.

"Oh and your boyfriend isn't?"

"Why is Luke involved?" I asked, slightly irritated at the subject change. 

Kyle bounced off the tree bad took a step towards me. "I was joking princess. Just a little tease."

I gulped at how close he was to me. Kyle placed his hands on my hips lifting me off the wall and placing me on the ground.

"Can you hear that?" He whispered.

I listened closely to the faint sound of music and nodded. "May I have this dance?" He smiled. Oh how could I say no to that smile?

I nodded biting my lower lip as his hold on my hips tightened and I swung my arms around his neck. He pulled me in closer my body pressed against his. My heart would stop every time I felt his minty fresh breath tingle on my neck.

"Why are you so nervous princess?" He whispered.

"I'm not nervous." I lied, swaying my hips to the music.

"Whatever you say." He purred making my breath hitch.

Kyle drew his head back and looked into my eyes. At that moment I felt like he could see right through me. Like I was transparent. Like he could read me like a book.  And that wasn't good.

His eyes slowly drifted from my eyes down to my lips which I was nervously biting on. His hands tugged on my waist bringing me closer to him as he lowered his head to my level, his eyes still on my lips as he started leaning in.

With my heart pounding against my chest, I closed my eyes waiting for the touch of his lips on mine. But at the slight brush of our lips as my skin burnt and my heart pounded, my eyes shot open at the sound of a gasp.

My heart raced as both our heads snapped to the waiter who was staring at us, clearly embarrassed. "I am so very sorry." He quickly said before turning around and scurrying away.

I looked back at Kyle horrified realising what had just happened.  Kyle had just kissed me. I let Kyle kiss me.

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. Instead, I wriggled out of his hands and grabbed my clutch in attempt to run away, but a hand grabbed onto mine. 

"Wait princess, don't do this." Kyle spoke twisting me to face him.

"Kyle, do you realise what just happened?" I asked, my heart racing.

"Yes and—"

"And no one can hear about this Kyle. We're both in relationships.  This shouldn't have happened." I shook my head avoiding eye contact with him.

"Princess I—"

"I'm sorry I can't be here with you Kyle." I snatched my arms out of his hold and ran up the stone steps, rushing down the pathway around the trees until I saw the arch. I made my way towards it knowing it was my escape. And so I ran. I ran as if Kyle was a serial killer chasing me, even though that was absurd.

I struggled running, my heels sinking between the stones as the bottle of wine started sinking in making me tipsy. The closer I got to the arch the faster my heart raced but the reality of getting through it wasn't as expected because as soon as I was through, I fell back after colliding with someone. 

I opened my eyes, to look up at what I had bumped into. A familiar face was grinning down at me offering me their hand.

I took a deep breath, focusing my eyes on the person trying to recognise them. "Joey?" 

He chuckled softly. "That's my name. Now get up."  I reached for his hand as he helped me up.

"Are you okay Hannah?" He asked as I looked behind me, relieved that Kyle hadn't followed me.

I shook my head. "I made a mistake Joey. I can't— I—" I couldn't find my words.

"Hannah? What's wrong?"

"Joey, does Kissing count as cheating?"

Kyle's P.O.V.

I looked at her helplessly as she struggled up the stone steps and around the corner disappearing from my sight.

She looked so horrified. So scared. So disappointed. Everything I didn't want her to be.

What was I thinking? Hannah was right, we were both in relationships.  I shouldn't have done that.

And yet, holding her so close to me, our bodies touching, I couldn't help myself. It was like instinct. Did she really not feel the chemistry?

I won't admit I like her, I couldn't. She wasn't my kind of girl. And sure as hell I wasn't her kind of guy. But what happened just there was real. It was honest.  I mean, it's not like she backed away. 

Damn that waiter.

Now, Hannah has ran away. She ran as if I was some kind of monster. 

God I fucked up.

But wait, I couldn't blame myself fully could I? She let me kiss her.

She wanted it as much as I did. 

A/N: O.M.G! THEY KISSED!

LIKE, WAAAAAT?

What do you think guys? PLease let me know ;)

So, thank you so much for the 20 reads I gained since the last chapter <3 But I still havent gotten any votes :/ Is this story really that bad?

PLease vote, otherwise let me know whats bad about it :) Thank you :*

Hannah's Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/bit_rebel/set?id=97548106

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 244 36
"How could you do this to me?! I trusted you! You arrogant, selfish, asshole!!" I shouted with teary eyes and sadness in my voice. I looked at his fa...
10.3K 239 19
"Hi my name is Amelia and this is my life... I was just another ordinary girl before that thing happened:High School. My first day on Riverroad High...
763K 24.8K 28
"Maybe I'm supposed to let you go, like I tried to, but I can't, because I'll lose the one person I've ever truly loved." Alec frowned as he stared a...
3.9M 150K 40
"I have this strong urge to kiss you." he said as his eyes flicked to my lips and then back to my eyes. I felt my heartbeat increasing and my knees w...