I Fell In Love With The Drumm...

By seventeenblvck

Who knew going to a concert of a band that she didn't even like could change Emerson's life? More

Chapter 1 • Alright I'll Go
Chapter 2 • The Concert
Chapter 3 • Coffee
Chapter 4 • 80's Movies
Chapter 5 • The Boys
Chapter 6 • Ink Shop
Chapter 7 • Jim & Pam
Chapter 8 • Try Hard
Chapter 9 • Cinemas
Chapter 10 • Late
Chapter 11 • Heartbreak Girl
Chapter 12 • I'm Your Cure
Chapter 13 • Twitlonger
Chapter 14 • Better With You
Chapter 15 • #Presuke
Chapter 16 • Motel California
Chapter 17 • The Five Losers
Chapter 18 • Believe It
Chapter 19 • Give It Time
Chapter 20 • Recovering
ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 22 • Truth
Chapter 23 • Still Your Cure
Chapter 24 • BF's
Chapter 25 • Home
Chapter 26 • Two Years Later
Chapter 27 • The Last One
Author's Note

Chapter 21 • Drunken Mistake

13.1K 281 134
By seventeenblvck

EMERSONS POV

I woke up to the sounds of birds chirping, the sun shining through my window. God, my life is so cliche. I yawned and got up off the bed and went over to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and redid my messy bun which ended up messier than it started. After many tries of making my bun look decent, I stopped and looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing Harry's old Ramone's t shirt. I smiled but it slowly faded away as I remembered. Sleeping in big band t shirts isn't something new for me.

I shook the feeling off and walked into the kitchen to find a shirtless Harry toasting up some bread in the toaster. I walked towards him and wrapped my arms around his waist from behind.

He turned to face me and set a kiss on my lips, "Good morning gorgeous,"

I froze as Harry said those words. Those words aren't something new for me either. Every little thing reminds of him, I see a couch and all that comes to mind are the countless cuddle sessions we had there. I see a stove and all that comes to mind is the time we almost burned his flat down while trying to make s'mores. I see a jar of jam and all that comes to mind are the Office marathons we had almost everyday and the slight obsession we had with Jim & Pam. I see a stick at the park and all that comes to mind are drumsticks. His drumsticks.

"Em?" Harry interrupted my thoughts, "are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine Harry. Just..my head hurts"

He led me over to the couch, "here, lie down. I'll get you some tea"

I know this is bad. Ever since Ashton and I called it off, these types of thoughts just kept popping in my head. I thought they would go away when Harry asked me to be his girlfriend and we were official, but no, they got worse. They came more frequently, literally everything reminded me of him.

"You feeling alright, baby? Here, I got you some tea. You're getting warm," Harry rested his palm on my forehead, "Don't work yourself out too much today, just rest. Perrie and Zayn are at Perrie's this week. Louis, El, Dani, and Liam are all at the mall I think. Cal's with that Avia girl. And Luke, Mike, and I are going to go to a football game today. Are you going to be alright here? Niall's going to be here the whole day and I'm pretty sure Elounor and Payzer will be back later. Can you handle a whole day without me?" He smirked.

"I've been waiting for a day without you for months," I smirked back, "finally some peace and quiet for once"

***

"Okay Luke and Michael are waiting in the car already, I'll see you later baby, feel better okay?" Harry greeted me goodbye with a kiss that I didn't put much effort into. Not because I didn't feel good and just wasn't in the mood for a kiss, but because I didn't really want to kiss Harry. He's my boyfriend, and I didn't want to kiss him. What the hell is going on with me?

Harry smiled and waved before closing the front door. And in that split second, before Harry closed the door, I saw it. It's like my brain took a screenshot of Harry standing at the doorway and rearranged everything to make the screenshot look different.

Harry's big dark curls changed into Ashton's small light ones. Harry's tan complexion toned down a bit to match Ashton's paler skin tone. Harry's Rolling Stones t shirt changed into Ashton's Led Zeppelin one. And when my mind took his sunglasses off, instead of the light green color I've been seeing for the past few months, I was looking into the hazel ones I've come to miss so much. That's when I realized it; I mentally, emotionally, physically miss him.

***

"Crust or no crust?"

"Crust. This is weird, usually I'm the one making you a sandwich," I laughed and sat on the barstool, watching Niall.

The beginning of the famous Niall laugh came out before he said, "well, you're feeling poor today! I'm not going to make you make lunch when you're feeling like that! It's the gentlemanly thing to do," Niall placed one half of a sandwich in front of me and sat down next to me with the other half.

We ate a few bites in silence before I asked, "Niall, do you know why he left? And where did he go?"

"Ash?" Niall asked with his mouth still full. This boy, I swear.

"Yeah.."

"He didn't tell you? He said he couldn't handle it anymore, seeing you and Harry. He couldn't stand being in the same house, I guess it was too much for him. He said he needed time alone to clear his mind and shit like that. He borrowed Andy, Liam's bestfriend's apartment a few blocks into town while Andy's out on vacation"

"Is he staying there for good? We only have a few more weeks left here, he's coming back to Chicago right?"

"Jesus Em, he didn't tell me his monthly plans, just go over there and talk to him. I know how much he wants you too. Here's the address."

I put some pants on, wrapped my coat around me and slipped on some booties before heading out to Ash's apartment.

ASHTONS POV

I took another swig of brandy from the bottle, making it half full or half empty, whatever the fuck you think. I usually never drink this much but I just couldn't stop thinking about her and them, I just needed something that could distract me. I did my snooping, and found the brandy. Along with a pack of cigarettes and a couple of porno magazines. Damn, Andy really didn't want college life to end.

I flipped through the magazines, while taking even more swigs of brandy until the doorbell rang. I took me a minute to realize that the doorbell was actually ringing and it wasn't just in my head. I stumbled to the door, opening only to find the one thing all these naked women and brandy were here for.

EMERSONS POV

"Hi Ash, how're you doing?"

"Jesus, you're treating me like there's something fucking wrong with me, I'm fine"

"Well I was just seeing if you were. I mean there was something wrong and that's pretty much the only reason you moved here"

"I moved here so I don't have to see you and green eyes make out every five seconds"

"Ashto-"

"Oh did I say I was finished? You do know my room is right next to Harry's room, or should I say your's & Harry's room? The walls aren't made of bricks Emerson. I could hear everything that was going on in that room next to me. And basically I guess I was just tired of hearing moans every night"

"Ashton!"

"So why'd you come here love? Back to apologize again or rub how much you and Harry love eachother in my face?"

"Ashton what the hell is wrong with you? For the millionth time, I'm sorry I cheated on you. I'm sorry I kissed Harry. It was a drunken mistake! And I don't love Harry. I love you, only you. I miss you Ash"

"You were fucking sober when he kissed you! You had a chance to pull away and you didn't! So don't use 'it was a drunken mistake!' as your excuse. It's been like what, almost three months for you to realize you love me back?"

"I've always loved you Ash, I don't know why it took me so long to realize it"

"Probably because you were too busy blowing Styles," Ashton had an annoying smirk glued to his face.

"What the fuck Ashton? This isn't you!" I pushed past Ashton and into the apartment and found an almost empty bottle of brandy on the counter, "You're drunk, of course. God, I hate it when you're drunk"

"Exactly the reason why I'm drunk"

"No, I'm done Ashton. I don't know what fucking game you're trying to play here"

"I can't help it Em. You know what alcohol does to me. Look it'll be the best for both of us to just end the conversation here"

"Whatever, I tried Ash. You know where to find me," a tear fell down my cheek as I turned to leave Ash.

***

"This is all my fault," I cried into Niall's shoulder. He wasn't Luke, but he's all I had right now.

His voice always cracked when he was nervous, "well uhm no one really comes to me for comfort. They usually go to Liam because he knows how deal with this stuff. But don't cry Em. This isn't your fault. C'mon let's go out, you need something to get your mind off all this"

First I changed my clothes and then Niall drove us to Third Street Promenade. We bought Starbucks first then he asked if I wanted him to walk around with me but I know how much Niall hates shopping so I told him that it was okay. I made my way over to American Apparel, one of my favorite stores.

"Hi, any of our easy jeans are on sale from 20-50% off!" A girl with the prettiest hair color (strawberry blonde as Stiles from Teen Wolf would say) said as I walked in the store.

"Okay, thank you!" I smiled.

I was going through the rack with the disco pants when the girl with the strawberry blonde hair came up behind me and said, "Hi, excuse me, I'm not trying to be creepy or anything, but your pants are so cute! If you don't mind that I ask where you got them?"

I looked down at my pants, "Oh thanks I got them from Free People!"

"Okay I swear I'm not really creepy but where did you get your whole outfit? It's just so cute and I didn't want your first impression of me to be 'wow who is this fucking creeper and why does she want my whole wardrobe?'"

I laughed, "No it's fine, I got my booties from Aldo. My jacket is also from Free People, and my top is from uh, here. You really think my outfit's cute? I was really iffy on it, I thought my pants and jacket wouldn't look good together"

"Nooo they look so good together! Hi, I'm Rikki," a smile formed on her freckly face as she held out her hand.

I shook it, "Thanks, I'm Emerson. You don't have that many people working here...or is everybody taking a day off today?" I said looking around the store only finding one other employee.

"Nope. It's just me and Trev," she pointed to the other employee, "are you in need of a job?"

"Oh no...actually yeah, are you guys hiring?"

"Well with only two employees, we're kind of desperate for applicants," she laughed.

"Can I apply?"

"Girl with that fashion sense, you're already in!"

I laughed, "Really? Wow. But Rikki I have to let you know that I actually live in Chicago. I'm staying at a friend's here just to visit and I'm leaving in a few weeks, so I'm not going to be permanently working here...is that okay?"

"That's okay, we need all the help we can get!"

"Great, so when can I start?"

"Right now, c'mon!"

Rikki walked me over to the front rack, "Okay Trevor does all the dirty work like brooming and dusting, I'll be at the cashier, and you'll be walking around fixing the racks and taking people to fitting rooms and greeting people when they walk in. Be honest when people are trying clothes on, if it doesn't look good on them, say 'I think this suits you better,' and give them something that you think would look good on them. Oh and feel free to flirt your ass off with any cute customers"

"Oh I have a boyfriend"

"Who's the beau?"

"It's complicated," I chewed my lower lip.

"Then spill it at the traditional kickback at my place. With every new employee, Trev and I take him or her to Trax, our favorite record store, pick out a few records and play them at my apartment and just chill. It gives us a chance to get to know you and stuff. So you in?"

"Yeah I guess"

"Sweet, Trev and I will pick you up later. Just text me your address"

ASHTONS POV

I can't believe I said that shit to her. Why am I just now realizing that that was Emerson?! Ugh I'm fucked. I don't even remember all the things she said, how am I supposed to apologize for something I don't even remember?

"I love you, only you," I heard a voice say faintly. I thought someone was in the house at first but then I realized that it was Emerson's voice and that it was in my head. Did she say those words to me earlier?

I grabbed the pack of cigarettes and my jacket and drove to nearest bar. I got even more drunk than I already was, I don't even remember why I decided to get drunk in the first place. I sat at the bar; Jack in one hand, cig in the other.

A girl with long black hair and round sunglasses sat next to me and took my cig out my hands and took a drag.

"Alcohol AND cigarettes. What are you in for lover boy?"

"None of your fuckin business. You're the one taking drags from other people's cigs, you can't complain either," I shot back at her.

"Don't get butthurt. I know you're here because of a girl. Dimples got his heart broken. That's life, hun. But do you know what always helps heal a broken heart?"

I put my drink down and faced this mysterious girl.

"Sex. Hot, drunk sex," the words escaped her dark red lips. I bit my lip, trying to fight the urge of kissing her. But I couldn't. Something about her was just so seductive, especially that red lipstick. Holy fuck.

I gave in and kissed her. I don't even know her, but who the fuck cares? I'm drunk and sex sounds good right now. I grabbed her waist and took her to my car. Good thing the bar wasn't far from the apartment. Once we got in, she slammed me against the wall and started making the fuck out of me. Every breath, a item of clothing would be off. Next thing you know, we're naked on the bed.

EMERSONS POV

"Emerson! Your friends are here!" Niall yelled from the front door.

"Thanks Ni, I'll see you later!" I kissed him on the cheek and was out the door.

"Okay you didn't tell me you lived with Niall Horan from One Direction!" Rikki said while walking into the car.

"We don't really live there. 1D is renting it until they go back on tour and I'm just staying there for a visit. It's not really a big deal, they're chill"

"Not really a big deal? That's One Direction you're sleeping in the same house with for fuck sake! You've seen them shirtless, sleepy, angry, drunk, high. God you're so lucky Em. I'd kill to be friends with them"

"Well how would you react if I told you Harry was my boyfriend and Ashton from 5 Seconds of Summer was my ex...?"

"NO WAY"

***

"What're you into Em?" Trevor asked while looking through some records.

"Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Arctic Monkeys"

"Niiice. We've already got some PF & Beatles. I don't think we have the new AM album?"

***

We played AM on Rikki's record player, ordered pizza, and all took a spot in Rikki's room. Trevor sat in one of those spinny chairs Rikki had by her desk. Rikki laid on the bed, and I sat on the seat attached to Rikki's window.

"So....spill it Em. Tell us all about your 'complicated' relationship you got going on with HARRY FUCKING STYLES"

I told Rikki and Trevor pretty much everything starting with the 5sos concert all the way up to my encounter with a drunk Ashton. I wouldn't normally tell people that I just met all of this personal stuff but I don't know, something about Rikki and Trevor just made me feel like I could trust them with anything.

ASHTONS POV

I woke up to my head pounding. I was seeing black spots everywhere and my stomach was in knots. I rubbed my eyes and felt something on the bed shuffle next to me. I was scared at first but then I realized it was a girl and after a few minutes of thinking, I remembered hooking up with someone last night. She does know that last night was just a one night stand right? If she wants more than one time sex, then I'm fucked.

Interrupting my thoughts, the mystery girl woke and said, "last was amazing Ash"

"Hey I never told you my na-Ashlee? Is that you?"

"Damn right," she smiled and ran her hand through her long black hair. Last time I saw her, she had a blonde pixie cut. With her new hair, she was almost unrecognizable.

Interrupting my thoughts again, she said, "I missed that Ash. How bout we go for round 2?" She bit her bottom lip and started to fling herself at me.

I pushed her away and got up and put sweats on, "No Ashlee. Look I have no idea why you're here and not Aussie but whatever I said and did last night was all a fucking drunken mistake. Why are you here anyway?"

"I heard what happened with you and Skankerson. And I was thinking you needed someone to comfort you with you know your best friend not being there for you,"

"Do you really expect me to believe that you came all the way down here for me? I'm pretty sure you've done every guy back home already that you just needed more. And her name is Emerson and she is not a skank."

"She cheated on you with your best friend"

"So did you."

"But- I- Asht-"

"Ashlee just leave. I don't care where you go just stay away from me and my friends, and that includes Emerson and Harry. I may be pissed at them but that doesn't mean I don't care about them. I told you everything that went on last night was all just a big mistake. I was drunk and I don't know what was going on in my head."

"Whatever. Your loss. I heard LA guys are great in bed," she bit her lip and got dressed, "Bye Ash. Have fun with Skankerson. See you never."

I rolled my eyes and waited for Ashlee to be out of sight before closing the door. But before I could close it, I saw someone walking over to me in a familiar Pink Floyd t shirt, my Pink Floyd t shirt.

I looked up and found a teary eyed Emerson looking up at me, "Ashlee, really? Out of all people, Ashlee?"

"Em, no you don't know what happened! I'm sor-" she already ran off before I could finish.

Fuuuuuck. I quickly put a sweater and some shoes on and drove to the boys' house.

———————————————————————

I AM SO SORRY THAT IM SO LATE WITH THIS UPDATE! I know I said I would be updating every Wednesday but last Wednesday was Christmas so I was pretty busy that day. And then my dad had this past week off which he never does, so I spent time with my dad and we went out a lot so I couldn't really write this whole week. I'm so sorry that this is so late :(

But anyway, this is the last chapter of 2013! It's been an amazing year for IFILWTD. I started this story not that long ago. It hasn't even been a year and it already has 17K reads! That's unbelievable. I'm so thankful for everyone who actually takes time out of their days just to read my fanfic. I love every single one of you guys.

Next chapter will definitely be posted on Wednesday, first day of 2014.

I hope you all have happy new year, til next chapter! .x

talk to me on-

twitter: @intromichael

tumblr: tthrills.tumblr.com

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

921 64 28
They just wanted to meet the band that brought them together... They didn't know it'd tare them apart
52.4K 1.4K 52
378K 8.6K 39
Kelsey is Ashton Irwin's sister. He likes to keep her more of a secret to protect her, as she is quite fragile, medically. When she finds out that sh...
2.9K 367 34
Ambitious college student, Raegan Mills, had it all planned out until 5 Seconds of Summer band member Ashton Irwin saved her life. With the new buddi...