Chapter 2 • The Concert

I hear a faint sound of 'Marimba' which was Presley's alarm. I knew in a few seconds my 'Piano Riff' would go off, but I still kept my eyes shut. And 4 seconds later, the familiar "duh nuh nuh nuh nuh" went off. A yawn escaped my mouth as I turned my alarm off. Presley and I went to the kitchen and found two plates of waffles ready for us. I walked over to the pantry to get the syrup and I saw a note taped to the pantry door.

Went to go drop dad off at the airport. There's waffles out on the counter for you, have fun at the concert! Love you both xx

"Pres, Mom went to go drop Dad off at the airport!" I yelled as I grabbed the syrup.

"Why? Where's he going?"

"Business trip!" I made myself and my sister smoothies, then ate our breakfast while both being on our phones. 

***

I stripped out of my pajamas and took a quick shower. When I got out, Presley was doing her makeup. I paced around my closet in my towel, looking for something to wear. Presley wasn't even near to being done.  "Pres, it's a concert not a photoshoot."

"I need to look good just in case Luke notices me!"

I rolled my eyes and sat on my bed. I snapchatted my friends and my parents, Pres and I made snapchat accounts for them just for the lols. Of course my friends being the worst repliers, I only got replies from my parents. They were so cute when the snapchatted. My dad would always have the camera too close in his face and my mom's always ended up blurry.

"Pres it's 2:00! C'mon we're going to be late."

"Alright, alright I'm coming!" Presley fast walked out of the bathroom. We both grabbed our purses, slipped on our shoes and we were off.

It took us forever to get to the Bottom Lounge. But once we got there, it was pretty packed. I didn't know the band was this popular. We found our seats and we asked the girl sitting by us to take a picture of us in front of the stage. Presley sent me the picture and we both instagramed & tweeted it.

And then the boys came out & my eardrums shattered. They all introduced themselves; Luke was the blonde lead singer/guitarist, Michael was the one with the colored hair & he played guitar also, Calum was the only one who didn't look white & he was the bassist, and Ashton was cute curly haired drummer.

I was pretty surprised at their wardrobe. Most bands wear matching clothes and changed after every song. But these guys dressed like punkish. They worse muscle tees and tight skinny jeans and vans. But I noticed that Ashton was the only one wearing converse. I rocked back & forth and nodded my head to their songs, I think I was the only one not screaming.

I focused on Luke's hands since he played guitar like me. I felt like someone was looking at me though, I was thinking it might be Michael looking through the crowd since he was closest to us. I turned my head and I saw the drummer looking at me. He quickly turned his head away and I just shook it off. I kept catching him take glances near me, but I didn't put much thought into it because I figured he was looking at the crowd behind me or something. I checked my phone to see what time it was when Presley grabbed my arm and shook me while rapidly screaming, "LUKE JUST SMILED AT ME OH MY GOD EM LUKE HEMMINGS JUST SMILED AT ME."

I pried her off my arm and I heard a really faint laugh. I turned my head and I saw that the drummer was laughing at me. I just rolled my eyes and kept watching Michael or Luke's hands throughout the whole concert.

After it was over, Presley and I decided to stay in our seats and wait until everyone was gone so we wouldn't have to face with crowds and traffic. I sat in my seat, replying to all the comments I got on my instagram picture. Most were from Presley's friends saying how jealous they are and stuff like that. Presley was pretty much jumping in her seat, her feet kept tapping on the ground. Little things like that annoyed me.

"Just go to the bathroom and pee Presley!"

"But what if Luke comes out and I miss my chance to meet him?"

"I'll call you if he comes out, now go piss!"

Presley ran to bathroom and I stuck a piece if gum in my mouth. The security took the metal stands that were in front of me away since I was the only one still there. I threw my wrapper on the floor and then I heard a familiar chuckle.

"Hey no littering!" I looked up and saw the drummer of the band, Ashton I think was his name.

"Hey you're that creepy drummer from the band that kept looking at me," I teased.

"And you're the cute girl in the front row who looked like you didn't want to be here," he sat on the stage right in front of me.

I looked up at up, "I came here for my sister, not to listen to some mediocre band and their drummer try to flirt with me."

"Am I at least doing good?"

"You're better than most." I smirked.

"How about you pick up your litter and write your number on it, maybe we can get some coffee sometime?"

"Hmm I guess so, only because it'll help the environment." I picked up my litter and wrote my number on it and gave it to Ashton.

"Nice, okay so I'll text you sometime," he gave me a smile before walking away and then stopping his steps and turning back, "Wait I didn't even catch your name?"

I laughed, "it's Emerson"

"Well Emerson, I'm Ashton" he smiled at me again and waved.

And then it hit me. I just got asked out by a drummer in a worldwide popular band. I wasn't even freaking out..why would I? He's normal just like the rest of us, he's just more talented. I wonder how other girls would react if they were put in my position..they'd probably go ape shit.