Chapter 18 • Believe It

It's been a month here living with the boys. The rest of 5sos drove here and joined us.

"Guys I think I'm in love," Calum said to all of us who were hanging in the living room.

I sat in Ashton's lap and played with his hair, "what makes you think that Cal?"

"So remember I told you about that girl that I kept talking to the night we went bowling?"

"Yeah," Luke, Michael, Ashton, and I all nodded our heads.

"Well, she's was breathtaking and I didn't even get her number because Luke wanted to leave early so he could find out the news about Ashton and Em. Buuuuut I did catch her name, Avia," he smiled, "I went to Starbucks the other day and I heard the drink lady yell out 'Avia' so I turned to the person named Avia and IT WAS HER. Don't get me wrong but that's fucking fate. We bump into eachother in Chicago, but it's no coincidence that we're in LA at the same time too."

We all laughed at Calum's little love story and then he left to go meet up with his 'fate'.

"Louis call Eleanor! Zayn call Perrie! Liam call Sophia or Danielle, whichever one you're into right now!" Harry ordered.

"Why?"

"Pool party, duh? The rest of you change!"

We all changed into our swim suits and headed to the backyard where a huge pool rested. It was a perfect day in LA, perfect amount of sunshine, perfect time to tan. I laid down next to Eleanor, Danielle, and Perrie and talked to them about your typical girl stuff. It was nice talking to them since I've been hanging out with boys for the past 6 months or so.

Caught off guard, Ashton grabs me by my waist and throws me into the pool. I landed right next to Harry, I felt his reassuring hand touch my waist to see if I was okay. Before I could even process what just happened, Ashton jumped in the water, grabbed my waist again and pulled me under. He laughed at me because I was trying to yell, 'Ashton! Stop!' but it was barely audible because we were underwater. My eyes were closed but I kept yelling and I guess to shut me up, Ashton kissed me. An underwater kiss. How cliche. Michael being the photographer he's been lately, snapped the moment Ash and I shared.

Getting back up from under the water, I felt Ashton's hand on my back and then I felt my bikini top go looser. I grabbed onto it before it could reveal my boobs and tied it back up before yelling at Ashton. God I swear he's so immature.

***

I laid in bed next to Ashton thinking about only one thing, Harry. His touch always gave me the chills, he snuck so many looks at me ever since I got here. I mean I know he's the flirt of the group, but this wasn't your regular flirting. Why am I even thinking about this? I have Ashton. I'm happily taken. He has been really annoying me lately though. I don't get why he's suddenly so immature. Or maybe he's just immature compared to Harry. They're the same age but Harry just seems so much more mature. Why am I even thinking of Harry?

I decided that I needed a drink to shake things off. I walked to kitchen wearing one of Ashton's t shirts and my underwear. I would've put shorts on but it's 2 am, I'm pretty sure no ones up. I grabbed a glass and the bourbon and poured myself a drink.

"Emerson?" A deep, raspy voice called out.

"Harry?"

"Why are you up?" He asked, walking towards me.

"Needed a drink"

"Pour me one"

We stood in the kitchen, drinking our bourbon in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence though, it was like a comfortable silence.

We were still really sober when Harry asked, "what were you thinking about?"

"What do you mean?"

"What were you thinking about that made you get a drink?"

Something about the way Harry looked at me just made me feel like I had to be honest with him, "Honestly, you."

He smirked, "what about me?"

"Nothing, just how much you've flirted with me"

He gently pushed strands of hair behind my ear, fingertips resting on my neck. Chills. He leaned into my ear and whispered, "Be honest Em, you like it don't you? Me flirting. I make you nervous. I give you the chills..."

"I can't believe it," I whispered, "I think I'm falling for you."

"Believe it," he smiled before slowly leaning into me and kissed me. His large hands grasped my face while mine got entangled in his shirt. The kissing led to a makeout session. He picked me up and sat me on the counter, going inbetween my legs and kissing me once more. His hands rested on my waist and then the kiss kept getting more and more heated until I ended up taking his shirt off. My hands softly roamed his tattoos before Harry started leaving kisses on my neck as my hands traveled up and got lost in his curls.

After the really heated makeout sesh, I realized what just happened. Harry kissed me. I kissed him back. And I liked it. A lot. But I'm with Ashton. No, this can't be happening right now. I did not cheat. I can't break Ashton's heart. I can't believe that just happened.

And as if Harry read my mind, he panted the words, "Believe it."

———————————————————————

WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN TO ASHERSON GUYS OMGGGG!

twitter: @intromichael

tumblr: tthrills.tumblr.com