Chapter 10 • Late

Wednesday morning. We had to leave to go to the studio in 20 minutes and Ashton was still asleep. For the past 2 days, this has always been the schedule. Luke, Cal, and Michael would all wake up really early and drive to the studio together then I wake up and try waking Ash up but he always wakes up when we have literally no time left and we always end up late. I mean it's not like working in the studio is super important and you have to be right on time, but I'm pretty sure they're getting pissed off when Ash and I sprint in everyday.

"Ash wake up! We're going to be late! Again!"

And of course, 5 minutes before we're supposed to be there is when Ashton is finally ready. We get stuck in the usual traffic jam on the way there.
"Why are you never worried that we're so late?"
"It's not even your event, why are you so worried Em?"
"I don't know, I just don't like being late, what if you got in trouble for being late? What if I got in trouble for letting you be late?"
"Babe, babe, babe, chill," Ashton laughed and grabbed my hand, "if I didn't have you, I probably would sleep through the whole session and not even show up. They're not going to get mad at either of us, they're used to me being late. It's all good Em, don't stress"

ASHTON'S POV

"You're just a little bit out of my limit," the boys and I harmonized in the sound booth. I could see Emerson through the glass window. She had her glasses on and she was writing something on a piece of paper, every few seconds she would look up and mouth the words that were written on the paper I'm guessing.
She finally looked over at me during Calum's solo. I mouthed the words "am I doing good?" She went back to writing on the piece of paper. Then she folded the piece of paper so I could only see the bottom of it and she held it up against the glass for me to see.

"Put more raspiness, you sound like a 13 year old boy ;) x"

I looked all over the bottom section of the page she held up, trying to find any other words to help me figure out what she was writing. She's been writing every time we go to the studio. Then I saw it. Right above the note she wrote me.

"Better With You."