Chapter 13 • Twitlonger

ASHTON'S POV

I looked down at my lap, Emerson was fast asleep on it. I pushed a strand of hair behind her ear. She was so perfect, why is she getting so much hate? Seeing her hurt hurts me, especially when it's my 'fans' that are hurting her. I had to put a stop to it. I took my phone out of my pocket and started typing a twitlonger.

"Hi guys, Ashton here. I don't really do twitlongers but I have something very important to tell you guys. Please read this all. Okay so you may or may not know this, but I have a girlfriend. I posted a picture with her on instagram if you want to see her. Anyway, it was very risky for us to take our relationship public. We knew we would get hate, but not this much. Like seriously, there are 'fans' tweeting Emerson to kill herself. It's not her fault I fell for her. I'd really appreciate it if you guys didn't her hate. She doesn't deserve any of it. She's beautiful & has an amazing personality. She's a lot like me so I don't know why you guys wouldn't like her. It's hurts me seeing her cry about all the death threats and insults she's getting. It also hurts me seeing my 'fans' be the ones to make her cry. If you really were part of the 5sos Fam, then you would respect my relationship and my girlfriend. I understand that some of you are jealous, but that doesn't give you the right to hurt my girlfriend. I really like her and I'm not losing her just because of some fake fans. I'm sorry I had to say all that. I love you guys. x"

I sent it and within seconds, my mentions were filled with apologies. Emerson's phone started vibrating on the coffee table so I picked it up and she had twitter notifications. I unlocked her phone, her passcode was "5767" the same as mine. So many people were tweeting her compliments and apologies. I smiled as I saw her followers grow by thousands, perks of dating a drummer.

EMERSON'S POV

"Wake up you two!" I heard Luke yell.
I woke up in Ashton's arms, we were on the couch. I thought about how we ended up here and I remembered that we sat on the couch reading more hate comments and I kind of cried myself to sleep.
I yawned and grabbed my phone, the first thing I saw was 50,000 twitter notifications?!
"Holy shit." I scrolled through my 30,000 mentions and my 20,000 new followers. All of my mentions were compliments or apologies for the hate. I was confused, so I went to Ashton's profile. He had written a twitlonger last night. I read it all and tears were starting to form, happy tears don't worry. What made me so lucky to have him?

I sat on top of Ashton, my legs on either side of him. I want to say I straddled him but I'm not sure that was the right term. Anyway, he rubbed his eyes and opened them to find a smiley girl on top of him.

"Good morning gorgeous"
"I saw your twitlonger, thank you"
"I can't stand seeing you cry"
"What made me so lucky to have you?"
"I'm the lucky one"

We kissed until Calum walked in, "Guys! Not on the couch!"
We laughed and got up, "Cal what time is it?"
"Half past 12"
"Fuck! Ash my sister's coming today and we have to be there before 2!"
"Go take a shower, babe"
"Are you talking about Presley?" Luke popped his head out his door.
"Yeah, she's coming home today and I'm going to go see her, you wanna come?"
"I'll go after you guys"

I curled my hair and started to apply my makeup. I just need to do my right eye when Ashton walked out of the bathroom wearing a white t shirt, jeans, and his dirty black converse.

"Seriously Ash? This is the first time you're meeting my family as my boyfriend. Can you please dress up more?"
"I'm dressed up! I was going to wear a muscle tee but that's not very formal"
I rolled my eyes and took Ashton's short sleeve blue flannel out and put it on him. I left the buttons unbuttoned, fixed his collar, and folded his sleeves up a notch since he does this with all of his shirts. "There you look so much better! Now put on your white converse so we can go!"
"Babe, I think you need to finished your other eye before we can go," Ashton laughed.
"Oh shit!" I hurriedly applied eyeshadow, mascara, and eyeliner to my other eye and grabbed my purse.

"Luke, Ash and I are leaving now!"
"Alright, I'll be there an hour or so!" He called back from his room.

***

"Oh my god Ash we're going to be late, my mom's going to be so mad, Presley's going to pissed off" I sighed.
"I'm sorry babe, it was my fault" he held my hand and kissed it.
"No it wasn't, it was both of ours" I swear his voice and his touch instantly calms me down every time.

***

I grabbed my key out of my purse and unlocked the door.

"EMMMMMM!" Presley came running to me.
"Pres, walk! I don't want you breaking your foot in those heels, or even worse, breaking the heels"
"I know, they're cute right?" She modeled her feet so I could see the side view of her heels. Then she walked over to hug me, "Ugh I've missed you so much!"
"You were gone for three weeks Pres, and was still in the same city as me" I laughed.
"I can barely go a day without seeing you, 3 weeks felt like 3 years to me!" She looked over my shoulder to find an nervous looking Ashton. Presley walked over to him.
"Hi I'm-"
"You're Ashton, I know who you are"
"Oh god of course you know who I am wait no I'm not trying to brag or something that I'm famous I'm not that famous I just I'm nervous" Ashton scrunched his nose and scratched the back of his neck, which is always did when he was nervous.
"Why?" Presley laughed, "my baby sister's boyfriend is Ashton Irwin, drummer of 5 Seconds of Summer aka my all time favorite band. Did you really think you would have a problem with me not liking you? Just as long as you're nothing like Brad...speaking of Brad, he hit you real bad didn't he?" Presley lightly placed her fingers on Ashton's black eye. It wasn't as bad as before. It was a really dark purple before and now it's really light, like lilac.
"Yeah but enough about me, today's YOUR day..has anyone ever told you that you look like that blonde girl from the show Em watches, Vampire Diaries I reckon?"
"Caroline? Yeah some people ask for pictures because they think I'm her. Em and I usually play along and I take the picture with them"
"No but really you guys could be twins!"
"Alright, alright, I get it!" Presley laughed.

"Ashton? Do you mind having a little man to man conversation real quick?" My dad said.
"Uh sure," Ashton pecked my lips before walking into the hallway with my dad.

The doorbell rang.
"I'll get it!" I bolted to the door and the one and only Luke Hemmings stood before me, "Pres, there's someone here to see you..."

PRESLEY'S POV

I turned my head to see who was at the door and I couldn't believe it. Luke fucking Hemmings was in my house.

"You must be Presley," he smiled and held his hand out.
I nodded and shook his hand.
"Well welcome back, I guess" he laughed.

I can't fucking believe I'm here, talking to Luke Hemmings.

"I'll leave you two alone," Emerson winked at me before going off to the kitchen.

ASHTON'S POV

"Mr. Lane, what would you like to speak to me about?"
"I hope you're treating my daughter right"
"I wouldn't let anybody hurt her, especially not me"
"How'd you get that black eye? Fights at the club?"
"Actually I took a punch for Emerson, I don't go to the club"
"What? Someone was going to punch my daughter?!"
"Yes..no..I'm not sure. We met up with Brad. Em wanted to tell him to stay out her life and he grabbed her and started kissing her. I could tell he was holding on to her tight because she was having a real struggle trying to get out of his grip. But I pushed him away and started punching him, I know violence is never the answer but I just so mad he kissed Emerson and hurt her. And then he punch me back and that's how I got this"
"Thank you Ashton"
"No problem, sir. Just protecting her"
"Has there been anyone else hurting her? I know how jealous your fans can be"
"At first they were when Emerson and I made our relationship public. They were really hurtful and made Emerson cry. But don't worry I tweeted to them about it," I let Jared read my twitlonger.
"Okay, Emerson picked a good one. You're the best one I'm pretty sure of it. But if you ever hurt Emerson, you're done."
"I'll be done with myself if I ever hurt her"

EMERSON'S POV

I was eating tortilla chips on the counter, waiting for Ashton. He finally came over.
"What did you guys talk about?"
"Oh nothing" he said as he stuffed a chip in his mouth.

I looked over at my dad and he gave me two thumbs up. I smiled, Ash passed my dad's test, and my dad likes him.

"Those two are really hitting off huh?" Ashton pointed at Presley and Luke.
"Yeah, I sense Presuke happening soon" we laughed and continued eating tortilla chips.