Chapter 21 • Drunken Mistake

EMERSONS POV

I woke up to the sounds of birds chirping, the sun shining through my window. God, my life is so cliche. I yawned and got up off the bed and went over to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and redid my messy bun which ended up messier than it started. After many tries of making my bun look decent, I stopped and looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing Harry's old Ramone's t shirt. I smiled but it slowly faded away as I remembered. Sleeping in big band t shirts isn't something new for me.

I shook the feeling off and walked into the kitchen to find a shirtless Harry toasting up some bread in the toaster. I walked towards him and wrapped my arms around his waist from behind.

He turned to face me and set a kiss on my lips, "Good morning gorgeous,"

I froze as Harry said those words. Those words aren't something new for me either. Every little thing reminds of him, I see a couch and all that comes to mind are the countless cuddle sessions we had there. I see a stove and all that comes to mind is the time we almost burned his flat down while trying to make s'mores. I see a jar of jam and all that comes to mind are the Office marathons we had almost everyday and the slight obsession we had with Jim & Pam. I see a stick at the park and all that comes to mind are drumsticks. His drumsticks.

"Em?" Harry interrupted my thoughts, "are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine Harry. Just..my head hurts"

He led me over to the couch, "here, lie down. I'll get you some tea"

I know this is bad. Ever since Ashton and I called it off, these types of thoughts just kept popping in my head. I thought they would go away when Harry asked me to be his girlfriend and we were official, but no, they got worse. They came more frequently, literally everything reminded me of him.

"You feeling alright, baby? Here, I got you some tea. You're getting warm," Harry rested his palm on my forehead, "Don't work yourself out too much today, just rest. Perrie and Zayn are at Perrie's this week. Louis, El, Dani, and Liam are all at the mall I think. Cal's with that Avia girl. And Luke, Mike, and I are going to go to a football game today. Are you going to be alright here? Niall's going to be here the whole day and I'm pretty sure Elounor and Payzer will be back later. Can you handle a whole day without me?" He smirked.

"I've been waiting for a day without you for months," I smirked back, "finally some peace and quiet for once"

***

"Okay Luke and Michael are waiting in the car already, I'll see you later baby, feel better okay?" Harry greeted me goodbye with a kiss that I didn't put much effort into. Not because I didn't feel good and just wasn't in the mood for a kiss, but because I didn't really want to kiss Harry. He's my boyfriend, and I didn't want to kiss him. What the hell is going on with me?

Harry smiled and waved before closing the front door. And in that split second, before Harry closed the door, I saw it. It's like my brain took a screenshot of Harry standing at the doorway and rearranged everything to make the screenshot look different.

Harry's big dark curls changed into Ashton's small light ones. Harry's tan complexion toned down a bit to match Ashton's paler skin tone. Harry's Rolling Stones t shirt changed into Ashton's Led Zeppelin one. And when my mind took his sunglasses off, instead of the light green color I've been seeing for the past few months, I was looking into the hazel ones I've come to miss so much. That's when I realized it; I mentally, emotionally, physically miss him.

***

"Crust or no crust?"

"Crust. This is weird, usually I'm the one making you a sandwich," I laughed and sat on the barstool, watching Niall.