Chapter 12 • I'm Your Cure

Ash and I laid in bed, he was holding my hand which was on his chest. I could feel his heart beating. It's been 2 hours since it happened and I still can't believe we're together.

Ash turned his head towards me, "What do you think would happen if you never came to the concert?"
"Then you'd probably be with Ashlee again and I'd be alone in room, crying about Brad again"
"You saved me, you know that right?"
"What are you talking about?"
"I was about to ask Ashlee out again after the concert but then I met you and you saved me from hell"
I laughed, "Well you cured me from a two year long heartbreak which is equal to hell, so I guess we're even" I planted a soft kiss on his lips and then we heard the front door close. Ash and I walked out to find the boys.

I smiled at Luke.
"Did you tell him?" He asked excitedly.
I nodded my head and jumped into Luke's arms. He spun me around, "Emerson I'm so happy for you! You too Ash!"
"What's going on?" Calum asked as he took his jacket off.
Ashton wrapped an arm around my waist, "Em and I are kind of together now" Ash and I both grinned.
"IT'S ABOUT TIME! Happy for you both mates!" Calum said as he hugged both of us.
"Hm...Emershton? Asherson? Or a combination of your last names...Irwook? Cookin?" Michael stroked his non existent beard.
"Asherson!" I answered, "it's the best one. Like seriously Irwook? That sounds like a fucking Native American tribe leader"
Everyone laughed and we all sat at the kitchen table. I brewed everyone a cup of tea while the boys told us about their time bowling. Ash and I then told them about our day with Brad and all.

"Did you guys keek at the bowling alley?" Ash asked, worried about not having a daily keek.
"Shit! That's what we forgot!" Luke almost choked on his tea.
"Just make one now" I butted in.

So Ash took his phone out and keeked himself.

"Hi guysss! Sorry the keek is so late, busy day. I know, I know I've got a black eye. I'm okay, it's a long story and I'm not going to tell it any time soon but I will tell you it was worth it," Ash turned to me and smiled but I wasn't in the frame, "Anyway, the boys just got back from bowling and we're all having a cup of tea. We're here with the lovely Emerson," Ashton flipped his phone so we could both be in the frame.
"Hi everyone!" I waved at the camera.
"Alright guys, my 30 seconds are almost up..byeeee!"
"Byeeee!" The rest of the boys and I shouted.
Ash and I rewatched the keek before posting and realized that at the last second, Ash's face was really close to mine and we were smiling at eachother. Hopefully the fans don't make a big deal out of it.

I rest my head on Ash's shoulder as Calum went on and on about flirting with this girl at the bowling alley.
"Aw will you look at that," Michael interrupted and flashed his phone to Ash and I. I laughed, Michael took a picture of me with my head on Ash's shoulder.
"Mike, send that to me but don't post it"
"Why not? It's adorable"
"I'm not sure if I want Asherson to go public yet," I looked up at Ashton, "is that okay?"
"Whatever makes you happy," Ashton gave me a sweet peck on the lips and I heard Michael's camera go off again, "send that one too Michael"

Luke helped me with the dishes and I told him all about Heartbreak Girl and how I felt and everything. Then when we finished, Luke said goodnight and that left me and Ash alone in the living room.
"What shall we watch?"
I plopped on the couch next to Ash, "Do I even have to answer?"
Ashton put The Office on and played on the episode we left off on.

He snapped a picture of the TV & then a picture of us. He put those two pictures together, "I'm going to post this on instagram alright?"
"Make the caption subtle!"
I refreshed my newsfeed and I saw the picture Ash just posted, 'favorite show with my favorite girl :)' was his caption.
"Wow so subtle Ash"
"What, they could think you were my best friend!"
"Do you even know your fans Ash?" I chuckled.
"The 5sos family is a bunch of hilarious, sexual, loving teenage girls. Of course I know them"
"You do know that if they see any of you with a girl, they go berserk. Trust me I know, I have a sister who flips out everytime she sees a picture of Luke with any girl, even if she's a fan"

Ash's phone kept popping up with instagram likes and comments. We scrolled through the comments. Half were bad, half were good. I'll list some of them here:

"this is so cute"
"WHO THE FUCK IS THAT"
"it's dark and they are alone oh lord is ash getting it tonight"
"she's ugly as fuck"
"guys it might just be his sister or something"
"NEW OTP OMG"
"who is that"
"can someone tell me her name so I can have a ship name for them"
"what the fuck ash I thought you were with Ashlee"
"is it bad that I ship this so hard"
"HE CALLED HER HIS FAVORITE GIRL IM SCRWMAMMSJSINGG"
"jealous"
"SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP"

***

The next few days were pretty normal. Ash posted more pictures with me on his instagram and we got the same comments. Tomorrow was Sunday which is their acoustic concert, their last one for a while. One Direction isn't going on tour for another 6 months. So the boys had 6 months of break.

I stood backstage and watched the concert. Luke debuted "Try Hard" yesterday at the non acoustic concert & Ash would be debuting "Heartbreak Girl" in a couple of minutes.

He kept sneaking glances at me, it reminded me of the first time we met. I smiled at him and snapped a few pictures on my phone. I got a really good one of Ashton singing and drumming while the boys were doing back up vocals. I tweeted it with the caption, "best view :)"
Instantly Presley replied to it saying, "WHAT HOW ARE YOU BACKSTAGE OHMYMSJAKAOAJSJAANAHAHAHABBA"

I laughed and the screams of fan interrupted my thoughts. I looked over at the boys and saw them wave bye to the fans. I hugged them all and gave Ashton a kiss, "You did great out there babe!"
"Cal, can you take a picture of us?" Ashton handed his phone to Calum.

He placed his hand on my waist and we smiled. Click.
"Now take one with mine Calum!" I handed Calum my phone and got back into my position for the picture. Click. I kissed Ashton once more. Click.
"Calum!"
"What? It was a cute picture, I had to take it!"

"Ash"
"Yeah?"
"Let's make Asherson public"
He smiled as he started typing on his phone.

He posted the picture of us Calum took on his phone. The caption was, "It's nice having your girlfriend as your groupie @emersonjcook :) xx" which made me laugh because I just remembered that I had a 5sos t shirt on.
I put the two pictures Calum took on my phone side by side. The regular one on the left side and the kissing one on the right. I posted it to my instagram with the caption, "babe did great today at the concert @ashtonirwin :) xx"

Both of our phones blew up with notifications but we ignored it because we were in a good mood and we didn't need fake fans and hate ruin it.

The Gus Bus and Chip the driver were waiting for us in the parking lot. We got in and Michael took a nap, Cal & Luke laid in their beds and were on their phones, and Ash and I sat on the seats behind Chip. I was nervous to unlock my phone because I know there would be comments so Ash went first. Here's a list of some of the comments on his picture:

"OTP"
"ASHERSON OH MY GOD THIS IS SO CUTE IM CRYING"
"she just wants to get Niall dick lol"
"She's using my baby for fame ugh!"
"she's fucking ugly no way they're together"
"management did this"
"why is everyone so negative they are so cute together"
"for fucks sakes finally you two admit your together"
"THE SHIP HAS SAILED MY OTP IS TOGETHER WHAT TO DO WITH MY LIFE NOW"
"he has a fake smile on lmao"
"I bet that's like his cousin and he's using her as his fake gf so we don't think he's lonely"
"this is just like haylor"
"he looks so happy aw"

Surprisingly all of the comments on my picture were positive:

"FINALLY"
"CUTEST PICTURE EVER"
"SHE CALLS HIM BABE IM CRYING BLOOD"
"Ashton looks so happy, thank you Emerson!"
"I hope they last a long time"
"TAKE ME OUT OF THE OVEN BC IM 30000% DONE THIS IS PRECIOUS"
"OTP OTP OTP OTP"
"she's gorgeous, Ash is lucky"
"ASHERSON IS FINALLY TOGETHER NO ONE TALK TO
ME BC I'LL BE SCREAMING TO NIAGRA FALLS THIS PICTURE IS OVERFLOWING WITH CUTENESS"

Of course the first comment belonged to my sister, "DJAKAPQPAKCJJSQKQPAP WHAT EHAT HWAT HOW LONG WAS I GOEN CALL ME NOW OH MY GDONS" it's sad how I understood every single word. I ringed Presley.

"EMERSON JANE COOK WHEN HAVE YOU BEEN SO GOOD AT PHOTOSHOP?"
"It's not photoshopped Pres, Ashton's really my boyfriend"
I explained everything that happened.
"Oh my god Em this can't be happening I'm hyperventilating"
"Ashton say hi to my sister Presley!"
"Hiiiii Presley!"
"HOOHHHH MY GOD NO EMERSON THAT COULD BE ANY GUY"
"You still don't believe me?"
"DON'T LIE TO ME"
"Pres, you know what Luke's voice sounds like right?"
"Yeah, why?"
"Luuuuuuke!"
"Yeah Emerson?" Luke sat up.
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
"Remember when I told you about my sister?"
"Presley right? The cute blonde at the concert?"
"OH MY GOOODDDDD"
"Is that her on the phone now?"
"Yup"
"Hi Presley, it's Luke Hemmings. Emerson's told me a lot about you"
"HI OH MY GOD IT'S ACTUALLY YOU"
Luke laughed and I took Presley off speakerphone, "Believe me now?"

Right before I was about to hang up, Luke yelled, "Emerson give me Presley's number yeah?"
"Alright! Pres, I'm giving Luke your number. Act normal. I love you & I can't wait to see you tomorrow. Byeeeeee!"
"Byeeee Presley!" Ashton chimed in.

"I'm going to go take a wee" Ashton pecked my lips before going to the bathroom.
I don't know how people found my twitter but my mentions were overflowing.

"Get the fuck away from Ashton"
"Management could at least pick pretty girls unlike you"
"This relationship is fake right?"
"No way Ashton actually likes you"
"You're so fucking ugly"
"Slut"
"I won't be surprised if we found out she killed herself tomorrow"
"You don't deserve Ashton"

I tried my hardest to stay strong, but I just couldn't. How am I supposed to live with getting insults and death threats everyday? I started sobbing.

"Emerson! Babe why are you crying?" Ashton hurried to me.
I gave him phone, showing him the hundreds of insults and death threats in my mentions, "Ash how am I supposed to live like this? I really like you, but if being with you means I'm going to get bullied everyday then I don't know if I can do it Ash. I know every band members' girlfriends get put through this everyday too. I wish I was like Eleanor or Danielle or Perrie. They all got hate and death threats but they got through it and just look how long their relationships lasted. I want to be like them, but Ashton you know about my anxiety and I never got bullied this much before and I..I just don't know" I cried onto Ashton's chest as he wrapped his arms around me.
"Emerson, you want to know how they did that? They got hate like you when their relationships got public but they ignored the haters and showed that they were the bigger person. Eventually they stopped getting hate. You have to stay strong Em, I'll be here with you every step of the way. I'm not losing you just because I have jealous fake fans. Don't listen to a word they say. You're perfect, inside and out. Remember that. We'll get through this together. And if they ever get you down like this again, I'll always be here for you, hey, I'm your cure." Ashton wiped my tears and planted a soft kiss on my lips.