The Journey Begins - The Kant...

By ShadowofUmbreon

*COMPLETE**EDITS COMPLETE* Ash Ketchum is a brand new trainer from Pallet Town in the Kanto region at 16 year... More

Disclaimer
Prologue - The meeting
Chapter 1 - The Journey Begins
Chapter 2 - Emergency
Chapter 3 - Viridian Forest
Chapter 4 - Showdown at the Pewter Gym
Chapter 5 - Serena's Contest debut!
Chapter 6 - Mt. Moon and the Strange Pokemon
Chapter 7 - The Prophecy
Chapter 8 - The Pokemon Hunter, Eevee, and The Plan
Chapter 9 - The Cerulean Water Flowers! Cerulean Gym Battle!
Chapter 10 - A Sparkling Star! Cerulean Pokemon Contest!
Chapter 11 - The Hurt Bulbasaur and The Wandering Charmander
Chapter 12 - Disaster Barely Avoided!
Chapter 13 - The Mischievous Squirtle
Chapter 14 - An Electrifying Battle
Chapter 15 - New Rivals Ian and Natalie!
Chapter 16 - The Silph Co Takeover
Chapter 17 - True Feelings
Chapter 18 - Mon Amour....
Chapter 19 - Backgrounds
Chapter 20 - Surprise!!!
Chapter 21 - The Truth
Chapter 22 - Takeover
Chapter 23 - Pokemon Tower
Chapter 24 - More Truth + The Violet Contest
Chapter 25 - Butterfree! Where are you!
Chapter 26 - Training
Chapter 28 - The Whole Truth
Chapter 29 -
Chapter 30 - The Fuchsia Pokémon Contest, Seperation
Chapter 31 - Safari Zone
Chapter 32 - Departure
Chapter 33 - The Seafoam Trap (Part 1)
Chapter 34 - The Seafoam Trap (Part 2)
Chapter 35 - Companions Anew!
Chapter 36 - Make way for Charizard!
Chapter 37 - The Lost Girl
Chapter 38 - The rogue Aerodactyl
Chapter 39 - The way too Saffron
Chapter 40 - Message from the Kanto Liberation Army
Chapter 41 - Surprising Allies
Chapter 42 - Preparing for Battle
Chapter 43 - Battle for Saffron part 1
Chapter 44 - Battle for Saffron part 2
A/N - Order of Regions in the series
Chapter 45 - Battle for Saffron part 3
Chapter 46 - The Final Plan in Motion
Chapter 47 - The Final Battle Part 1
Chapter 48 - The Final Battle part 2
Chapter 51 - Pokémon League (rewrite)
Chapter 52 - The Grand Festival
Chapter 53 - The end (rewrite)
What could've been - The Journey Begins - The Kalos Arc
It's happening. (Just dont know when)
A Thank you.
;)
The Kalos Arc In production!
Prologue is out
A very last sincere thank you.

Chapter 27 - Shadows

1K 32 14
By ShadowofUmbreon

"Pikachu use thunderbolt!!" Ash yells.

Ash was in the middle of a battle with a trainer he had met. It was Pikachu against a new Pokémon, Scyther. The trainers name was David

"Scyther use quick attack!"

"Pikachu use thunderbolt again!" This time it strikes Scyther, causing it to faint.

"Scyther is unable to battle! Which means the victory goes to Ash!" Brock shouts.

"Good job Ashy!" Serena shouts hugging Ash from behind.

Ash blushes and smiles. He was extremely glad he had someone to support him, no matter what.

"Lucky you Ash. You have yourself a cheerleader." David says.

Heck, it was even true! Serena was watching and cheering on Ash and Pikachu the entire battle.

"Well, I guess I'm just a lucky guy aren't I David?" Ash asks.

"You certainly are. A girl, like you have is someone special." David responds.

Ash and Serena smile slightly. Oh only if he knew how special these two trainers were. If he knew he'd probably just blab it on to other people.

1 hour later....
All of Ash and Serena's Pokémon were talking as they ran around, playing. The only two not playing were the two Charmeleons.

"Bulbasaur?" Serena asks. "Have you seen Charla and Charmeleon?"

Bulbasaur looks at his Trainer and shakes its head slowly.

After that Ash and Serena sneak away from the camp looking for the two Pokémon. Somehow not Squirtle, not Absol, no Pokémon or people saw them sneak away.

As they search, they talk about the safari zone which was the groups next stop.

"What Pokémon were you wanting to catch Serena?" Ash asks.

"They are really rare, but I wanted to catch a Dratini. What about you Ash?"

"Oh. I don't know. Maybe a Tauros or a Scyther. Those things are strong!" Ash exclaims.

Nearby...
"This is a good opportunity. Not even their guardian Pokémon are around." Something hisses.

"Yes I agree. Let's get the girl first. She seems like easy prey." Another thing hisses.

"Just don't kill her. You make it seem like your a hunter hunting a Tauros."

"Whatever. I'm going. You following or what?"

"Of course I am! Now let's get this done early."

Ash and Serena were now walking through a thick part of the forest. They still had no idea where the two Pokémon could be.

Ash sees a shadowy figure out of the corner of his eye. He looks and it runs at Serena, quickly, one of the most fastest things he's seen.

Ash summons a ball of aura and chucks it at the figure. It simply goes right through it, and crashes into a tree. Then Ash drags Serena to the ground.

Before they can stand, another figure grabs Serena's ankles and starts to drag her along the ground. "ASH!!" She yells.

"Ash jumps and grabs Serena's hands, and uses his other arm to send up a signal to help with his Aura. When it gets high enough, it explodes, creating a flare effect.

He then grabs both of Serena's wrists and tries to stop them from dragging her off.

"Hurry! Their Pokémon are on the way! Get him off her!" One of the figures hiss.

At the camp...
Squirtle was chasing after Bulbasaur. The were running at the edge of the tree line. Then they hear a scream.

"ASH!!" They hear faintly. Bulbasuar's eyes widen and launches a seed from his bulb, and it explodes gathering everyone's attention. Bulbasaur knew exactly who it was.

Bulbasaur and Squirtle explain what they heard. They all then separate into teams of 4 Pokémon, or the go with Brock and Misty.

Then an explosion happens in the air causing a flare effect. Absol, Lucario, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle, all take off towards where the explosion was.

"Let her go!!" Ash shouts. Absol breaks off and runs as fast as possible.

Lucario, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle all run after Absol. When they get into a clearing, they see Absol get flung back into a tree.

"Absol!!" Serena shouts.

Lucario rushes the figures grabbing Serena with Bone Rush. He hit them, but it seemed to go through them. And then Lucario gets sent backwards as well.

Then one of the shadows pick up a rock, and hit Ash in the head with it. It forces Ash to let go, and Serena starts getting dragged backwards.

Bulbasaur is quick into action. He uses vine whip and wraps it around Serena's waist, and pulled her away from the figure.

Then the other one throws Bulbasaur away, and grabs Serena. He stands in the sun, behind the terrified girl, holding her still.

Pikachu comes through the bushes. Ash picks him up and looks at the figure. It wasn't solid, or human.

It was a slightly transparent black color. It had no mouth, or ears, no features. He was a shadow pretty much. All it had were red eyes.

He waves his hand in front of Serena's face, smoke comes off it and the Shadow figure forces Serena to inhale whatever it was.

She immediately goes limp and falls only to be caught. By the shadowy figure again. She passed out, and couldn't move.

Ash was staring. At the figure, then back at the unconscious Serena, over and over. Then the other shadow summons a needle from the air, and makes its way to Serena.

"Pikachu Thunderbolt!!" Ash shouts. "Squirtle Watergun, Lucario Aurasphere!"

All three attacks land underneath the shadows and Serena, causing a massive dust cloud to form. Ash runs forward, grabbing Serena and returns to the five Pokémon.

"That boy is good."

"He is. However Now since we did part of the plan, we are getting closer."

"Yes. Now let's go. He'll find out the hard way."
*PLOT HOLE - What exactly did these shadows do to Serena and what are the effects.

"We'll be back Ash Ketchum. Maybe not for a while, but we will return for you both. Enjoy your world while it lasts."

And with that, the shadows fly up into the air, and disappear. Lucario recovered, and helped Absol and Bulbasaur.

Then he walks over to Ash and helps carry Serena. Eventually they make it back to camp. Charla and Charmeleon are still no where to be seen.

In Serena's Dream...
Serena woke up to find herself tied to a chair, with ropes made of shadows. Somehow, she couldn't move.

"Hello sweet Serena. How is my little coordinator?." Serena hears Giovanni say.

"Leave me alone." Serena responds.

"Listen my sweet. I don't think you necessarily have much of a choice! I could leave you alone, but that would be stupid of me."

"What do you want from me? How did I even get here?!" Serena shouts, demanding an answer.

"I won't tell you, my sweet." Giovanni laughs, while he caresses Serena's cheek gently.

"Well then why am I even here!" Serena yells.

"Because, I must tell you something. Do you know who your father is?" Giovanni asks menacingly.

"No. all my mother told me is that he was a psycho who left to lead a team of police, but got them all killed." Serena answers.

"Wrong...your father left, because he had a team to lead. Once he knew you were to be born, he arrived as a Team Rocket member, but not just any member.." Giovanni says coldly.

"What are you trying to tell me?" Serena asks.

"What I'm trying to tell you Serena, is that..he's a very high ranking member of Team Rocket." Giovanni answers as a smirk grows on his face.

Serena doesn't know what's happening. She thought her father died with the other police he left with. That's what her mother told her at least..

"That's wrong. My mom would never lie to me."

"She would if it was to protect you from your own father!" Giovanni shouts angrily.

Giovanni grabs Serena's chin, and forces her to look at him. He then stares into Serena's eyes.

"Serena....I am your father...." Giovanni says as a look of surprise and hatred takes over Serena.

Then the world around Serena dissolves. She falls down an endless pit of black. She couldn't believe it.

That's when Serena wakes up. She wakes up suddenly, sweating badly. She lifts her head and sees Ash tending to Pokémon.

Serena starts crying. This causes Ash to come over, and hug her tightly. "Serena, what's wrong?" Ash asks worryingly

Serena was just crying waterfalls. She couldn't believe it. The monster trying to end the world...the person that's wanting to kill people....

"A-Ash....." Serena replies softly.

"Serena? What is it."

"Giovanni....he's my father...." Serena replies.

Serena knew it was true... the one person that wanted her for something horrible...was her own father. Giovanni is Serena's father......

On the lookout for Charla and Charmeleon, Ash and Serena run into shadow figures. Two, that almost kidnapped Serena. Serena was put to sleep, and went into a dream where she figures out, that her father is Giovanni. Find out what happens next, as the Journey Continues.

---
Oh! I bet none of you were expecting that twist! Giovanni is Serena's dad? No way! Huge plot twist, right?

Anyway I'll be doing hopefully at least 2000 words in all my chapters from now on

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 4K 130
Ash and Serena. Two who have met each other before as a child in a somewhat romantic experience, even if only one of them saw it as that. Serena is...
77.5K 1.6K 23
The Sequel to "An Amourshipping Story" Disclaimer: I do not own any of these characters in this story or Pokèmon •~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•...
1M 24.3K 199
Imagine returning home from an exciting journey in a far away region to discover you'll be moving! Stepping foot back into Pallet Town, Ash Ketchum a...
176K 4.9K 31
•~•~•~•An Amourshipping Fanfic•~•~•~• •~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~• Serena Yvonne is a regular teenage girl at the age of 13 who just sta...