The Daughter of Qye

بواسطة roxane2361

"-that's the only thing I could do, because I could never give you more", Rydan continued, low enough to be h... المزيد

Note/Short Reminder
Prologue
The Engagement Day (1)
The Engagement Day (2)
The Engagement Day (3)
The Contact (2)
The Strength (1)
The Strength (2)
The Vision (1)
The Vision (2)
The Wish (1)
The Wish (2)
The History (1)
The History (2)
The Night (1)
The Night (2)
The Day (1)
The Day (2)
The Book (1)
The Book (2)
The Promise (1)
The Promise (2)
The Mate (1)
The Mate (2)
The Reason (1)
The Reason (2)
The Betrayal (1)
The Betrayal (2)
The Memories (1)
The Memories (2)
Epilogue
NOTE

The Contact (1)

1.3K 80 7
بواسطة roxane2361

Here is the next chapter, to everyone who takes the time to read, thank you so much.

 • • ⊱∘────·❅·────∘⊰ • •

"Thank You," Elleryn muttered. Then suddenly she coughs and coughs, and keeps coughing. Leor and Avra look at her with concern. Her sister and brothers looked at her with obvious worry on their face.

At that time, Yoani decided to make her presence known.

"Forgive me, Your Majesty. I can't find His Royal Highness Rydan and Lord Zandic inside the forest," Yoani looks around, her eyes tremble in fear but there's hidden determination plastered on her bearings, she takes a deep breath as her head thoroughly reminds her that she will regret her decision later.

"Forgive me for my impudence, I think Daughter of Qye needs a medicine, Qeeup perhaps?" her voice shakes a little, but words keep flowing through her lips, "the drink Lady Byrl used to take around winter, perhaps Daughter of Qye would like to follow me to the glasshouse behind the castle and pick out the ingredients, I would gladly prepare hot water for her to mix the herbs with, if you would allowed me," Yoani offered, eyes glancing between Elleryn and the King of Suttern.

Not just rude, it is out of her line to suggest helping Qye. However, Elleryn needs those herbs. In the Land of Qye, Elleryn doesn't need the herbs, because witches cast a spell around the land, that way snow never hit Qye. Now it's different, Elleryn needs the herbs badly.

Arax was about to shout at Yoani for having the audacity to offer help to Elleryn, how dare she is?

But Edra is the first to say something.

"Take her. She seems to need the herbs, I'm sure I can arrange the date with The Queen of Qye. Besides, the Crown Prince is not present as well, so it'll be alright," Edra reasoned out. Her eyes shifted to Elleryn and a smile stretched on her lips, "I think you need those herbs, my dear," Edra instructed, gesturing to Elleryn to follow Yoani.

Elleryn nods, stands and slowly walks towards Yoani. Elleryn takes her hands and leaves the hall, leaving the hell hole behind, and shutting the door.

"Thank You," whispered Elleryn, smiling at Yoani. Yoani smiles back, showing her hidden dimple, she helps Elleryn with her step towards the back of the castle, the place where the glasshouse is filled with herbs and flowers.

Yoani is a twenty-five years redhead that had served Lady Byrl for 10 years before she passed away last month, she knows everything that comes down to a Daughter of Qye. In this case, she used to know everything about Lady Byrl. However, from now on her duty and loyalty would be for the girl beside her. The eighteen-years-old girl will reside at the same tower as Lady Byrl.

Yoani knows this girl's life would not get any better than this. Trapped inside the tower and only permitted to come out when she needs to gather energy or whenever she needs to protect the Kingdom. She had seen the days where Lady Byrl kept herself caged inside the tower, looking out to the forest from her windows, whenever Yoani approached her, Lady Byrl would always turn around and smile towards her.

Yoani realized there is no meaning in that smile, because Lady Byrl's heart was crying inside.

Elleryn coughs and catches Yoani from whatever daydreaming she just had, she quickly turns towards Elleryn, guiding her step.

"It is late, but welcome to Suttern, Your Highness. I will be in charge of serving you, the next daughter of Qye, and I will make sure to attend to everything you need," Yoani smiles. Elleryn smiles back at her.

"Elleryn, you can call me that," Elleryn whispered, Yoani was a little bit surprised because she said the same words Lady Byrl said. When Yoani was first assigned to serve Lady Byrl, Lady Byrl had given Yoani permission to call her name instead of her title. She nods anyway, and just like Lady Byrl, Yoani likes her immediately.

She helps Elleryn take her step carefully, letting her stop and taking a deep breath before continuing, they arrive at the glasshouse within minutes of walking. Elleryn let go of Yoani's hand and took a step inside. She could slowly feel the surges of energy come out from the surrounding plant.

"This is Lady Byrl's favorite spot as well, she always stays here during winter," Yoani stated.

Elleryn nods in understanding, she takes a step deeper inside and searches with keen eyes for the herbs. A few selected herbs for Qeeup, hoping all the ingredients had bloomed and ready for picking.

"I'll be away for a minute and be back with a glass of hot water for the herbs mix, are you sure you will be alright alone?" Yoani asked, Elleryn turns her head, she nods and smiles at her, once again thanking Yoani for showing the path to the glasshouse.

Yoani bows her head and takes a step backward and turns around, leaving the girl inside the glasshouse.

• • ⊱∘────·❅·────∘⊰ • •

Rydan walks towards the glasshouse, wanting that herb. The herb Lady Byrl usually gets him whenever he feels tired and out of breath. He doesn't remember the name, but he remembers how it looks, a blue rose with a little leaves covering the brown stem.

Zandic has decided he needs to find his mother, The Queen's little sister, Lady Guevyn, because she summons him now. And yes Zandic follows every order from his mother, like Zandic's father.

Inside the glasshouse, he finds a girl standing among herbs and flowers, searching for something.

She wears a white dress, though contrast with her pale skin, still seems to suit her. Upon hearing footsteps, she turns her head around and faces Rydan. Her eyes widen in surprise, finding him standing inside the glasshouse, but Rydan only raises his eyebrows.

"Why do you seem so surprised?" Rydan asked.

A servant shouldn't be that surprised to find me here, right?

Rydan thought to himself. Inside the castle, there is a different uniform for servants inside the palace. Red maintained the kitchen and dining, blue cleaning each assigned room, brown dealing with animals around the castle, and white with a black cloak had duty to maintain glasshouses and gardens.

Even though the girl wasn't wearing a black cloak, she was wearing white clothes and happened to be standing inside the glasshouse, that signifies she's a servant, right? Rydan was sure that she was a servant in the glasshouse, that's why question her state.

She stares at him, expressionless.

Rydan looks around and takes a deep breath, wanting to command the girl.

"As the Crown Prince of Suttern, I command you to find me one herb," he commanded. At that exact time, she froze in place, seconds later she turned to look away, away from Rydan capturing black orbs.

Rydan looks bewildered, such reactions never happened before. As Crown Prince, every other girl had always tried to catch a single glance of him, those with dignified status and title would even dare to stand in front of him, head held high and flirty eyes.

But this one chooses to look away?

Is she even a girl?

Rydan clears his throat, trying to gather his mind, trying to remember his purpose inside this glasshouse. "I don't remember its name, but it looks like a blue rose with a brown stem that is covered by leaves," Rydan stated. She nods, still not looking at him, and walks towards the corner of the glasshouse.

Rydan makes sure to remember where she walks, that way he can find it by himself later on. Before she could manage to touch the herbs, her step had caught on slippery path stone and was about to fall, her head about to hit the stone below. Thankfully, Rydan was fast and within seconds held her inside his arm. Captive between strong arms, she could only depend on him for a while, then she takes a deep breath and stands still.

"Are you sick?" Rydan asked, concern coming out of his voice, a strange emotion for him. Because Rydan never feels concern for anyone before, but now he did.

For a mere servant.

"I'm sorry, winter is not the best season for me," she whispered. She holds Rydan's arm and about to remove it from her waist, but Rydan tightens his hold, captive her within his hold.

There's something about her that makes Rydan feel warm. Even though her arms are cold as ice, the urge to make her warm increased by seconds and the way she smells, it brought calm to his wolf, a never before situation.

In History, The King of Suttern could only take two women as a wife, Qye and a mate. Qye as an agreement between two families that had stood for centuries and mate stood to rule beside the King and produce an heir. Right that moment, however, Rydan didn't want anything but this girl. He wants her, as a wife.

Her scent, it's captivating. It was the first time Rydan had paid interest to someone scents. In particular, distinctively smells like forest, a lingering fresh air of the sea and then again, he could catch a brief spring within her, a strange combination that had come out of a single person.

How could such a thing happen?

He suddenly feels wary about how he probably smells like a speck of dirt, mud or sweat. Rydan immediately regrets taking Zandic out for a run. At once, he lets go of the girl within his hold, fearing she would catch his sweaty scent and hates him. He feels disappointed already, it came to him in seconds, the sudden urge to captive her once again and never let go.

Rydan rubs the back of his neck with his left hand, his eyes looking around the glasshouse but not at the girl.

"You should rest, instead of working," he said, embarrassed.

What?!

The Crown Prince of Suttern felt embarrassed, barely because he holds a girl?

What type of lunatic would even believe that piece of crap?

That's what Rydan feels at the moment, embarrassed.

"I'm looking for herbs to make Qeeup, so I can feel better," the girl said.

Qeeup?

Isn't that the herbs Lady Byrl usually takes during winter? Is she a mix-blood of fairies? Or perhaps fairies slaves that bought to serve as a servant? Rydan tries to dismiss any type of bad thought that comes up from hearing her statement. His wolf surprisingly hates that thought, he just wants to sigh and look at her faces, the same thing that Rydan wants.

"I'll help you," Rydan said. Knowing well enough where the ingredients to make Qeeup is placed.

He always stalked Lady Byrl when she was alive, making sure that she wouldn't do anything bad towards Suttern, stalking her inside the glasshouse was one of his old habits. Lady Byrl always had a coughing fit before she came inside the glasshouse. She made Qeeup and drank it, then she would immediately feel better,

Rydan remembers all the ingredients placed, he then plucks it and gathers it inside his palm. Most of it are seeds and flowers of various herbs, as well as a few leaves. She retrieved it and placed Cianns on his palm, a flower to drive out fatigue and tiredness just from breathing it.

"The one you are looking for," Elleryn mutters.

He smiles at her and takes her hand, leading her outside the glasshouse. She could feel it, the warmth of his hand, her mind wishes that time could stop, and she could remember this as a sweet little memory of her encounters with The Crown Prince, her husband in the future. How she wishes he wouldn't know that she is a Qye. Treating herself as a servant instead of an enemy seems much better.

Reluctantly, she lets go of Rydan hands. Her hands feel cold and empty upon letting go, the same feeling Rydan could feel inside. He wonders, perhaps will there be another chance to meet this servant.

Take her hands.

Dance with her.

Perhaps kissing her.

Perhaps. A word that is easily broken any time. Because it did not give any assurance, like a promise would, then again, promise can break any time as well.

"Her Highness Elleryn. His Highness Crown Prince Rydan," Yoani regarded, making her presence known, it was a big mistake to make. Upon hearing Yoani's words, Rydan's face turned dark, his eyes once emitted warmth and playfully staring at Elleryn, now had turned golden and dangerously dark. He faces Elleryn with a cold glare.

Elleryn could feel it within every nerve of her body. The smile just now was merely a dream, a dream that had shattered.

Elleryn takes a deep breath and turns around to look at Rydan in the eyes.

Blue meets with golden. The orbs that had captivated her just a moment ago, the same eyes that now stared at her with murderous look, hatred and menace visibly shown within those orbs. She immediately regrets turning around, but it has already happened, she needs to face him head-on, so that she could stand on her own feet the next thirty or so years.

"Next time, please make sure to remember your servant's face. After all, their purpose is to serve you and the least you could do is memorize their faces," Elleryn bows her head in respect to the Crown Prince. She walks towards Yoani, but Rydan takes hold of her right arms, keeping her in place. He stands in front of her, leaning down to face her, dark expression still intact.

"You tricked me," he said coldly.

"You use hypnotized spells. How dare you!" He shouted.

It was pathetic of Rydan, to accuse her of doing a spell on him. But it was the only thing Rydan could think of, though in honesty, he knew that wasn't the case.

She didn't do anything.

Rydan is the one that initiates the first contact between them, he's the one that declares who he is and dictated her around like a servant. He's also the one that keeps his hands on her arms, even though she tries to shake him away. It was pathetic of him to accuse her like this.

Elleryn glares at Rydan golden eyes, making sure that every bit of civil has scurried away from her face. Surprised by her sudden change of expression, fairies are told to never get angry and to suppress their emotion, patience and face any type of anger with calm breath. This had surprised him greatly.

"Trick you?" her eyes lit up with anger, "How am I supposed to do that? His Majesty Arax instructs you to drink Ouillas, not to mention bath with a mixture of mermaid blood. Things that forbidden to do in this Kingdom, but you did it anyway!" Elleryn shouted at him, "Do you think I would waste my little-recovered energy just to make sure you like me?" Elleryn lets go of Rydan hold, she takes a step towards Yoani, letting her takes Elleryn's hand, and lead her towards the hall.

Frustrated by each word Elleryn stated was true, Rydan could only roar.

A roar that shook the entire Kingdom.

 • • ⊱∘────·❅·────∘⊰ • •

Thank you for reading

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

My F*cked Up Fairytale بواسطة pinenutters

الخيال (فانتازيا)

21.7K 861 27
TEASER: "No fiancée of mine needs to learn how to fight." His breath flows upon the prickling skin of my neck. I close my eyes, involuntarily shu...
278K 13.2K 64
'"I cannot feel this way. You clearly don't feel-" "I do though." He interrupts me. I finally look up to meet his eyes. It holds so much sadness. "Be...
34.5K 3.3K 47
Hunchbacks don't get love. They get ridicule and scorn. That suits Wyrn just fine. As the son of a warlord, he resolves to die earning his father's r...
The Ring بواسطة mary elizabeth

الخيال (فانتازيا)

18.3K 639 35
** This is book one of a three book series. The other two are on Amazon but I started writing the story on wattpad and wanted to keep it here for mem...