Chasing Hell

De ChachiKawaii

** TheLiteraryAwards2017 Winner as BEST VAMPIRE STORY ** [DATE STARTED: January 2015] ❝She's a school-hopper... Mais

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE: Take A Picture If You Must. You Seem Amazed By Me
CHAPTER TWO: I Want You To Be Mine
CHAPTER THREE: So Basically, They're Like Satan, Lucifer and Judas
CHAPTER FOUR: The Freaking Kiss Was His Kind OF Fun. Dammit!
CHAPTER FIVE: Oh That Egocentric, Self-Absorbed, Walking Death Threat...
CHAPTER SIX: I Swear To My Granny Wessler That I'll Woman UP
CHAPTER SEVEN: Maybe We Should Ask For Hell's Protection
CHAPTER EIGHT: Not A Star-Crossed Lover But An All-Time Tom And Jerry Tale
CHAPTER NINE: Why The Sudden Good Samaritan, Treyson?
CHAPTER TEN: I Am Not A Dog Pound For Annoying Lost Puppies
CHAPTER ELEVEN: This Guy's a Nightmare Dressed Like a Daydream.
CHAPTER TWELVE: I Swore To Myself, I Will Never Let Him Play With Me Again
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: Binding Half My Soul To Her, Made Me Feel Alive.
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: I Really Hate How I Like That Jerk!
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: I Just Happen To Have Onion Squeezed In My Eyes.
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: Have An Impenetrable Barrier From An Outsider's Affection.
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: Bring Out The Killing Machines, Torture Me To Death
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: Kim Kardashian With Her Photoshop-ed Ass Will Be Ashamed
CHAPTER NINETEEN: Julia Child, Come Save Me!
CHAPTER TWENTY: Your Pain Will Be My Death
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: You Are Mine, Heather. And I Don't Share
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: A Lovely Dream I Shared With Him Under The Starry Skies
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: Sleep. Or Do You Want Me To Read You A Bedtime Story?
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: The Whole Truth or Keeping A Safe Distance
Important!
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: He's Not The Danger, He's The Safe Zone
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX: Because I Wasn't Able To Save You Before!
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN: Being With Him is the Danger I Am Willing to Confront
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: Smile At Me. Like I'm Your Most Favorite Person
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE: I Wonder How You Got Yourself A Quarterback
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE: I Don't Want To Make The Same Mistake Twice
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO: You're The Everlasting Torture That I Am Willing To Endure
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE: Do What You're Good At
AUTHOR'S FAVOR :)
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR: What A Greedy Jerk.
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE: You Were The Good Side I Was Never Meant to Have but I Had
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX: The Devil Was Tamed
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN: That's My Language of Love, Baby Doll
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT: What Did I Ever Do To Deserve You
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE: You Can Be Really Sweet, You Know That, Right?

CHAPTER THIRTY: Respect Isn't Demanded. It Is For You To Gain

2.4K 78 1
De ChachiKawaii

Chapter Thirty: Respect Isn't Demanded, It Is For You To Gain

I circled all over the room like a crazy ass, hallucinating addict. I just can't make up my mind. These outfits are giving me massive headache. I glanced at the clock and I have been in here for twenty minutes tops and I'm still indecisive about what to wear to this party. I know it's the least I have to worry about right now. But heck, it'll be like any other sorority or fraternity parties in college, and I don't want to walk in there looking like someone who'll fetch up groceries. Plus, the impression to make knowing that I'll be on the party with the campus' notorious hot douche slash fake boyfriend, puts up a lot more pressure that the thought of doing all those shots.

I guess, I must conclude, this year will be a year of chaotic events. I have to worry about stuffs other than the unsual and supernaturals. Damn. My plate's full for whoever's sake! And now, being at parties have added up to my long list of things to figure out. How inconvenient.

I struggled to put on this lilac chiffon dress that is obviously out of my league. It sure fits me, but I understand the possible consequences of this dress. I'll be in a room, jampacked with jocks and bitches from every corner of the social heirarchy of this school, that's why I decided to just stick with this dress, because again, I don't want to make an awful impression on them.

It's hella troublesome to think of blending with those kinds of people, but I don't have much good choices in life. Really. I just have to go with the flow, I guess. But I don't want to go all out and embarrass myself. I'll go into the borderline of being a feisty bitch and a classic newbie. Which will surely be a handful, knowing Kohell's with me.

I sat in front of my little vanity mirror that I grabbed from my dormhouse because I obviously know that there won't be things like this in my rental room. So, I just thought ahead of it.

I grabbed my kit and started applying my signature night look. Smokey eyes and a bold lip. I don't want to overdo it but that's how I like it. It won't be a Heather night look without my dangling earrings. So far, this time of the month, I've been wearing stud earrings so this party has given me an excuse to open my jewelry box for the first time since I've transferred here.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror and held the pendant of my necklace. On second thought, I took off the chiffon dress and grabbed a red shirt, my leather jacket, black pants and black boots. This'll be a night to rebel.

When I seem contented with my look, I grabbed my go to purse and phone and headed out of the room. At almost a millisecond gap, Kohell came out of his room. Looking so dashing on a plaid red and black shirt and faded jeans. He looks so rugged with those stubbles but who cares? He still screams hotness.

"Red night, huh?" He began as he examined my look.

"Glad you received the memorandum, yourself." I replied.

"You look hot, by the way." He complimented. I can see his eyes sparkling like a baby being handed with candy.

"I wish I could say the same." I said in a little sarcastic way.

"Oh baby doll, I know you can." He said and winked at me.

Not so smug...

"Right." Was all I could say.

Seems like we're all set and ready to blast this night off. And now, there's no denying the 'mutual' thing about us. I'm sure busy bees won't stop buzzing their asses off with new gossips to relay.

Skeptical to jump right on this event, I heaved a heavy breath and lifted my chin up. It's not like I've never been to a party if that's what you're thinking. It's just the pressure that's getting the hang of me right now. And I hate superiorities. But look where my life got me, I'm a slave to my own decisions and so far, none of it has ever done good to me. Like that's unusual. I should be laughing at all of this right now and mocking life, because I literally lived my life quite the unusual. But yeah, life strikes me twice the fire power of what I expect. I just have to deal with the damage as far as I can go.

"A little bit lost somewhere?" Kohell interrupted.

"Just doing a little life counselling." I answered, looking rather uneasy.

"Mind telling me? After all, I'm your boyfriend, baby doll." He said. And he couldn't have given off enough sarcasm to that, to say the least.

"I do mind and I don't want to bore you with how crappy the story might be. So I suggest, we hit the road and get on with that party you dragged me to again." I said, clutching my purse and headed out the door.

"We don't have to go, if you don't want to." Kohell spoke. Interrupting me from taking another step out.

"And have your mates mock me for being a coward and whatnots? Or have your bitches conclude that I was party pooper? Nah. Let's go, Treyson." I said and gave him a stern look.

"Fine then. I'll take it as you are just so proud to have me as your boyfriend and you're going to show me off." He said as he tailed me out of the dormhouse and unto the red bricked pavement.

"Same rules apply. No touching and smooching and whatever flirting. Got it?" I said, halting and pointing a finger at him. And he just stood there, hands on his pockets and smirked like the devil he is.

"Have it your way, then." He said quite smugly.

For once, I thought I had dominance in this conversation, but he proved me wrong, again. Although he's just doing what I said he would do, there's still superiority in everything I ask him to do. It's like, I don't know, he's agreeing to everything but, there's still inferiority in all I say. And he's being a prick while smugly doing it my way. I just couldn't figure this guy out.

"We're here." He said.

"I can tell." I answered.

There's no denying that this is the venue of the party, because, duh, the speakers on full volume and this place is literally a mess. Kegs everywhere. Red cups are freaking scattered om the floor and basically and every corner and crevice. Yup, this is where it will all start.

Upon entering the dormhouse, the music blasted my ears off. And just like expected, all eyes moved directly at us. Literally, every single person in the lobby turned their attention to us. Talk about awkward.

The familiar buzzing of bitches in the corner did not affect me much. But the ogling eyes of the guy population is throwing me off. But I maintained my composure seeing as Kohell remains unaffected by all of this. Best to say, he's immune to all the attention.

Slowly, people continued with their businesses before we came in. And I held on to my composure like my life depends on it. Because all these attention is really giving me the chills. How can Kohell deal with all these and not end up like a good pile of embarrasment?

I cleared my throat once. "You didn't tell me these lot will be in this party. I thought it's exclusive to the team and the squad." I said with a smile, feigning arrogance.

"Fact number one, parties hosted by jocks are supposed to be huge. It's to have many choices on who to bag at the end of the night." Kohell said casually.

"Lovely." I managed to utter.

I remained staring at him for a couple of seconds more. I could not believe it. All these people are going to witness me drinking all my sanity at every shot. I prepared for this thinking all the people invited would be familiar faces from the team and squad. I wasn't given the memorandum! And I am panicking.

A few people from the squad approached us and welcomed me to my very first squad party. I know some of 'em are barbie dolls and are plastics since I can see them checking on Kohell, but I did not mind it at all.

Just the one thing I notice is that everytime guys would approach us and introduce themselves to me, Kohell is always one step closer to me and is somewhat keeping me as distant as possible from them. I don't know what his deal is that he's just like my father.

A couple of guys approached us as we entered the dining area with all the flavored jellos on the table and chips and such.

"Thought you weren't coming as a couple." Said a guy with an accent. And I reckon it's the guy Gavin.

"You thought wrong." I answered.

"Ohh, feisty. I love that. You're one heck of a lucky guy, Treyson. I'm Gavin, by the  way." He said, extending his hand.

I took it and said, "Heaven." I began. "Quite the party you've got. Like you literally invited the entire population."

"You can say I'm friendly." He said and laughed.

"Super friendly." Kohell interrupted. "Gavin, there are some rookies on the way here. Mind if you welcome them first?" Kohell said to Gavin without breaking eye contact.

Gavin blinked a few times, "Yeah sure. Kegs are everywhere and there's chips on the table. Make yourselves comfy. We'll do the shots in a minute." He then headed out the front door.

"What was that about?" I asked.

"What?" He pretended to be clueless.

"You shooed him away like a dog. And same goes for everyone. Why did you do that?" I asked in gritted teeth.

"You don't know Gavin like I do. You don't even know a quarter of these invited people. I'm just protecting you." He said with blank expression.

"Exactly. That's why I'm in this party. To mingle. And to 'show you off'. Or the other way around, depending on your reason for dragging me to this. You can't just shoo away everyone who's being friendly to me. You're not even--"

"Don't say it. Can we talk outside?" He isn't asking. He's demanding. Again with his superiority. I marched my way out of the party.

"What now?" I asked impatiently.

"You want to know my reason for bringing you to this party? It's because I want to keep an eye on you. On who's going to do bad on you or something. I want to narrow down the list of people you can hang out with.  Narrow down the people I can trust you with. And I must say, I can't trust you with anyone other than myself. You're like candy being offered to a child in there. Boys or girls, I just can't trust you with them." He said casually. He didn't exert much effort in this conversation but the superiority is still there.

"If you can't trust them with my life, then trust me instead. Whether those people meant harm, I just don't care now Kohell. I'm more concerned of the threats other than being with people who knows nothing but to party, bag everyone else, smoke pot, get drunk on school night. They are the least ones I have to worry about. They are the least ones you have to worry about. Truth be told, you can't protect me from everything, Kohell. You just can't. But I appreciate you going all protective, but there are limits. For once, I just wanted a normal teenage life. And I thought of going to this party as something of a diversion from all the insanities that is associated with my life right now. Please, don't be that barrier. " I said with teary eyes.

All makes sense to me. I wasn't brought here to enjoy, I was brought here for the sole reason of keeping me isolated once more. That's why Kohell invited me himself, knowing the jocks would flock on me, now that we're out in the open as a couple.

He did not give me the title 'girlfriend' to be my bragging rights. But to protect me. His name associated to mine supposedly means I'm a leashed dog.

But they say, the tighter the leash, the more rabid you'll get. Let's just hope things won't go down to that.

He remained staring at me. Maybe contemplating the actions he did. But I was caught off guard as his hands cupped my face.

"Your safety is on top of my priorities. I will do everything in my power to keep you safe. The dangers you will be caught up with, be it on small intensity or great, it's all the same. Please, just let me protect you. Let me stay with you." He said oh so sweetly. The process on how he can jump from the arrogany prick he is, to this sweet young man right now, is a mystery to me.

"Why Kohell? Why do you want to protect me so badly? You are not the Kohell Damien Treyson that all of them know. You keep on changing and fast. But why? Why are you doing this all for me?" I asked, curiously.

"It's the same answer I gave you before. It's because I wasn't able to protect you before. And I want to change it."

"What do you mean by that?"

"It's complicated. You wouldn't understand."

"Then help me understand in a language you know I'll be able to digest. Stop keeping secrets from me, Kohell. How can I entrust you with my life when I know so little about you? I don't know if I can even trust you enough."

He turned his back on me and ran his fingers through his hair. He muttered something under his breath before stepping in to face me.

"Please, Heather, just.. Don't make this harder than it already is."

"Harder? What's more harder than being stuck with someone who's been keeping secrets from me and asked to entrust my life in his hands when I know so little about him? Is what you're going through, harder than what I'm going through?"

"That's why I choose not to make it harder for you. Because the moment I tell you everything--"

"Hey, you two. What are you doing in here? It's freezing. They're doing the shots right now."

I squeezed my eyes shut and let out and exasperated sigh.

"To hell with you and all your secrets." I said with gritted teeth and marched inside the dormhouse, leaving Kohell outside.

What a jerk! Ugh. I hate him so much. I can see my body shaking from anger.

Everyone's gathered in the dining table and I recognize Kayla who just recently got in the squad with me, doing the shots as people are cheering. She's halfway done but judging by her stature and the redness on her face, she's not going to make it.

And just as I thought, she almost collapsed looking like a limpy kid. Luckily, the guys at the back, guys on the team, I assume, caught her instantly.

I thought it would end right there but, Kim stepped in holding a medium sized bucket in her hands. Two girls emerged from her back and took of Kayla's jacket and ripped off her skirt, leaving her with her tube shirt and panties. And my jaw dropped. Kim poured the bucket of ice cold water over Kayla's head. Followed by the two girls who stripped Kayla off. People then cheered and laughed at this humiliating thing. And I can tell just how painful it is as Kayla screamed. Kim's a bitch, I must say. She just laughed like a lunatic she is. She's really getting on my nerves!

Kayle remained rooted on the same spot, dripping wet and cold.

"That woke you up like the devil, right? If you're weak, you don't have a room in the squad, freshmeat." Kim spoke.

That's it. I've held off my temper to it's limit and I'm going to step in. Time to vent out this pent up emotions from earlier.

"The squad isn't a sorority group, Kim. I thought you should know since you've been in the pioneering batch. It's not in your position to say that Kayla doesn't have a room in the squad. You don't even have a high ranking position in the squad to be exact. You were on the first batch but that doesn't give you the power humiliate those who are new."

"Is that how you deal with your superiors, Wessler? With no respect?"

"Yes, you started the same time as Kelly and the others. But respect isn't demanded, it is for you to gain."

People murmured and buzzed. I don't know if they're against me or with me. I just could not tell. But I can tell that Kim's fuming right now.

"You've got a big mouth right there, freshmeat. Let's see until when can you keep that confidence." She smirked. "Bring out the shots." She said and the same girls from earlier carried out trays of shots.

"I heard seven is your limit." She said as she placed the shot glasses of tequilla on the table.

I braced myself for what is coming. I can do this. I'll humiliate you in return, Kim.

As soon as all the shots are laid down the table, Kim spoke. "You have 1 minute to finish all ten shots. Each shot, you earn 20 bucks. On the tenth shot, you'll earn 20 bucks plus 50 bucks. All in all, you'll earn 230 bucks. But if you fail to finish all ten in 1 minute, you earn nothing."

"Bring it on." I said. I don't know for how long am I going to keep this confidence, but I'll just direct all my emotions on hating her.

"Don't worry, here's for your burning throat later." She laid down a half filled glass of soda. And I was dumbfounded. Half filled?! They have got to be kidding me!

I am sweaty at the moment but I got to keep my composure. People were on me and in the corner of my eyes, I caught Kohell. Looking at me. Just looking.

"Timer starts..." I braced myself.

"NOW!"

I took the first shotglass and chugged the liquor down my throat. Hmmm, not bad.

"Heaven! Heaven! Heaven..."  People continued cheering on my as I made my way to the fourth glass and it's only been fifteen seconds. I'm a bomb! All these pent up emotions are paying off!

I can feel the burning liquor on my throat and stomach as I go to my sixth shot. And there I know, I'm almost to my limit. My body's burning like hell right now. People around me looks like abstract paintings. And my world is spinning. But my eyes caught Kohell, just standing there, arms crossed over his chest. And there goes my motivation to be done with this. Thirty seconds down and I chugged two shot glasses at the same time. People cheered louder and I'm loving the attention right now. That's the alcohol talking. Not me.

I feel like I could collapse right now. But with a messy head I had an idea. With 2 shot glasses left, I said aloud, "Stop the timer."

People then turned silent and murmured. Kim on the otherhand, walked towards me and smirked. I swear with my not so clear eyesight, I'm gonna strangle her!

"Quiting?" She said with her high pitched voice and her little cronies laughed like hyenas.

"In your dreams. I have a deal to make with you, Kim."

"You can't bribe your way through this, freshmeat."

"I'm not backing down on this shit, bitch. Listen to me. Last shot, double everything or nothing." People cheered once again.

"Are you crazy?"

"I'm crazy or you're a coward. 460 bucks on all the shots." I said, and it's time for me to smug around. Thank you alcohol.

Kim was hesitant for a while but looking at the people around us, she'll be more humiliated than I will be if she's not up for my offer. But she then smirked like the bitch she is.

"Make it 500, Kim. C'mon don't be a sour sport." Kelly stepped in and winked at me. She knows I can do it.

Kim's gritting her teeth and she took out 500 dollars and laid it on the table.

"15 seconds on 2 shots. 500 bucks is yours." Kim said.

"Deal." I grinned. I know I can do this.

I held the shot glass tightly and waiting for my cue.

"...now!"

I chugged the liquor in and the moment it touched my throat, I knew I was going to throw up. I'm over my limit and this is all the alcohol talking right now. I grabbed the glass of soda and drank it all up at once. I held on to the edge of the table so tightly to maintain balance. Everything's spinning before my eyes. And I know any minute now, I will collapse just like Kayla earlier. But just standing there, looking at me, waiting for what is going to happen next, Kohell turned his back from me. Abandoning me for all his glory. He might be embarrassed at my current situation.  And I was fuming like hell. I held on to this emotion and grab hold of the last shot glass.

"3 seconds."

I took a deep breath. Skeptical about this idea. But the alcohol took the hang of me and right now, I have to chug one last shot. 500 bucks will be mine and the humiliation I could give Kim would be priceless.

This is it. One last shot. I chugged the liquor and people cheered insanely.

"Heaven! Heaven! Heaven! Wooooooooooh!!!"

The liquor slid down my throat, burning as it go. I hammered the glass upside down to the table and raised my hands in sign of victory. People cheered harder and the jocks lifted me off. The girls laughed at Kim's humiliation. Her face is red and looks like she's about to cry. She's fuming up. The jocks put me down and I took my prize and stuffed it inside my bra. Yes, in my bra.

"Looks like I won." I said, taunting Kim as she fumed up real good.

"Ugh!" She marched off along with her cronies and all the people gathered unto me and cheered me on. It's like I'm their new favorite. Slowly, they started partying as soom as the DJ dropped tunes.

"Oh my God, Heavs. You are the bomb! I can't believe you did that!" It was Errine, she hugged me so tight.

"I couldn't believe it myself. Did you see the look on Kim's face?" I said, holding on to her arms for support because, really, I'm spinning. I took off my jacket since I am burning.

"I know. She deserves that. She's a bitch, big time."

"She-- woah!" I can't help it. I'm spinning like hell.

"Let me get you home." Suddenly, Kohell emerged from behind.

"Oh, you're here. I thought you weren't in the party. I just did not feel your presence."  I said in full sarcasm as he held my arm and straightened me up.

"Shut it, Heather."

"Errine can take me home." I said, mumbling.

"I'll take you home. Period." He said.

"Oh, you're bossing around again." I said and giggled. Yep, alcohol talks again.

"Take care of her." Errine said.

Kohell did not answer but escorted me out of the dormhouse. And just our luck, it is pouring rain! As the chilly holiday wind touched bare skin, I shivered intensely.

"Let's get back inside and wait this one out." Kohell suggested.

"How about no?" I said and ran straight into the ran as I giggled and laughed like a child. Again, the alcohol is talking.

"You're impossible!" Kohell shouted.

"C'mon! It's nice!" I said while giggling. I'm losing my balance and just fell on my butt because this walkway is hella slippery.

Kohell doesn't have much choice but to ran straight into the rain and helped me out.

"You're really a pain in the ass, Heather." He said as he picked me up.

He stood in front of me but his backs on me. "Get up." He said. Ohhhh, he's giving me a piggyback ride.

"Hurry up, Heather or you'll catch a cold!" He hissed.

"Oh, okay." I held on to his shoulders and jumped. He caught both my legs and now I'm riding his back. We look pretty much like a real couple right now.

I rested my head on his shoulder and as his perfume struck my nostrils, it's like cradling me to sleep. He's just smells so good.

"Hold tight." He commanded.

And he then ran like only a quarterback can.

"My quarterback." I said and giggled.

"Shut up or I'll drop you, Baby Doll." He said. His voice has never been this masculine and it's just so romantic in a way. I don't know if it's me talking right now or still the alcohol. But heck, he smells so good, his voice sounds so good, his body against mine felt so good. Just this moment right here, felt so good. I don't want to wake up and see this as just a dream. This moment in the rain is so magical.

There's even no denying of my growing fondness over Kohell. It intensifies everyday. And no matter how hard I try to suppress it and act the opposite, factors about him that I like keeps on springing out.

I hate him. But at the same time I like him with equal measure. Or more.

I just hope that one day, I'll be able to act upon it, not feigning anything, no inhibitions, no doubts, and just let it all show. And I just hope, this won't turn out even more badly as it already is.

***

Author's Note:

HELLO! OMG an update. I'm so bored that I had to write an update and here it is. I hope you guys will like it.

Let me know what you thibk of this update on the comment box below.

#KoVen moment once again. <3

And follow me on twitter guys, @ohbabyitsnovey :) Use #KovenOnWattpad for your reactions on the book so far. I promise to read it all and tweet you back.

Thank you guys for your support so far. I love you all!

Love,
chachi

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

10.8K 90 21
"You can't just say you fucking love me Ethan then go behind my back and say that I fucked Cameron, when I'm dating you!" "I could say the same thing...
89.7K 2.5K 38
(NOT EDITED) Sexual scenes and false language read at your own risk! I'm Avril and I have been through a lot of things! I have fun when I can but I a...
43.9K 892 42
In which a girl dies to keep someone else's blood pumping In which a boy kills his mind to stay alive In which a girl breaks the heart of the only co...
686 130 26
A shy gay kid must start over with a new school and new friends after a car accident releases something dark and ominous. Upon meeting the most beaut...