The Creature of the Woods (Bx...

By JennaArchiver016

[completed] A wounded police officer stumbles upon the woods only to see a creature he never thought he would... More

Chapter 1: Upon the woods
Chapter 2: The creature of the woods
Chapter 3: The Tree
Chapter 4: The Spell
Chapter 5: The memory
Chapter 6: Jerry
Chapter 7: Empty
Chapter 8: The investigation
Chapter 9: The Call
Chapter 10: The flower.
Chapter 11: The Morning
Chapter 12: The Missing
Chapter 13: The Journal
Chapter 14: The Sun
Chapter 15 : The Gem and his Form
Chapter 17: The Outside
Chapter 18: The Syndicate
Chapter 19: The Cleric
Chapter 20: The vial
Chapter 21: I fall in love and find my heart faced down
Announcement

Chapter 16 : The Human World

532 47 0
By JennaArchiver016

*Geddy*

At least that bastard of a fucking King had the decency to leave the candles on. However, it doesn't help that these candles are floating around. After an "important meeting", Dimito came back to the room where he is holding me, tied hands on the bed posts and mouth gagged tighly.

He climbed to the bed, weight shifting the bed towards him. He removed my gag, and that's when I shouted at him.

" You big twat!"

He gave me a fucking smile. "It's all better now, Geddy. I'm not going to leave you this time. I will never let you die."

"How! By tying me in your fuck-creepy of a castle? I will die here, Dimito!"

"No. No you won't. I will protect you. I will even make you one of us, so you shall live long. With me."

I looked at him, astounded. I am aware of his insanity, but I never knew it could reach this far. He only show his righteous and king-like appearance to his people, I'm aware, but with me, he's uncontainable and unpredictable. In frustration, I cried.

"You will understand, Geddy." He continued, caressing my cheek with his rough and grey hand with long black nails.

*Hansel*

Araki is a very good looking human. His eyes are light brown, his skin is pale but rich, his height is still the same, and ghaaad, he's handsome. I think I fell in love the second time to the same person. I wonder, if he finds the cure to this love potion, maybe I'd still be in love with him.

As I lead the way out of the woods, I looked behind as saw him looking at his hands. He's like a child at Christmas, looking at his gift with big and wonderous eyes.

"Hansel." He called. "Can you stop for a while?"

I did.

Slowly, he inched his hand to my cheek, his eyes showing carefulness and nervousness. At the moment he touched my cheek, a small smile sketched on his face. It was a heart-warming smile, the kind of smile that makes you smile, too.

"I didn't hurt you." He simply stated.

"Huh?" I wondered.

"I didn't hurt you this time." He smiled again, this time, wider.

He's talking about the time when his long black nails hurt my arms.

"You didn't. See? You can touch me more now." I said, suddenly regretting what I just said. Did I really just said that? It kinda makes me blush.

"Yes." He said, still with that innocent smile. "I can touch you more now."

And suddenly, I can't move. I'm aware he doesn't realize the weight of what he just said. But nonetheless, that made me blush so much. Maybe it's just me and my hormonal human mind.

Urgh, mind. Stop messing with my head.

"W-well, maybe we must change your clothes first." I pointed at his 'Ilalim' robe. Araki explained to me that 'Ilalim' is the name of his country. It literally means below, as his ancestors usually call the world 'below' when they were still living 'above'.

"Yes. My robe. I wanted to try your clothes, actually. It doesn't look comfortable, but it looks good."

"Ow. This? Ehehe. You don't have to wear this police uniform. It may be uncomfortable, but it has aesthetics in it. You can try the more comfortable ones." I explained, imagining him on a police uniform. He would look deli.

Yum.

It's the love-spell talking. I'm not this irrational even with officer Luisa Fina when I had crush on her.

Meanwhile, we finally reached the road. The police car shines under the sunlight and I'm pretty sure I saw Araki with wide eyes. He reverted himself immediately.

I opened the car and went to the driver's seat, opening the passenger door for him from inside. His face is a complete picture of wonder and fear.

"Don't worry, you'll fit in here. I've seen my Russian partner squeeze himself in Asian cars. You'll do fine." I assured.

He looked at me, then proceeded on copying the way I entered the car.

He's so cute.

Our house was still surrounded by police yellow tapes, but fortunately, the people are not around anymore. It would be hard to explain why I'm carrying a tall person in brown robes.

Getting inside, I remembered that we didn't clean the house yet. I ordered them not to clean it to extract further evidences and leads, but I think I've scanned everything thoroughly. I don't need this scatter anymore.

With the mess, I suddenly felt the need to sleep. Maybe it's because this setting reminds me of my missing cousin.

Then, Dimito's words came into mind. How this incident was like uncle Jerry's situation. I can't accept it myself that there's a possibility... that I'd find my cousin dead with mangled body in the middle of the streets.

It will hurt my own capability as a detective. It will hurt and scar me for life.

My head ached. I want to sleep it off, first. "Araki, there's a closet in my room. Some tees there are from my former partners. They could fit you." I smiled.

"Are you okay, Hansel? You don't look well." He said, worry etching his expression.

"Just tired."

"Okay. Sleep well." He said. I noticed how he's awkwardly standing in the middle of the room. I smiled at the image, then went upstairs to sleep.

~~~Han~~sel. Help~~~
It was dark. There were candles around. Then, there was Geddy, crying for me. He wants me to help him. I reached my hand. But there was a big and authoritative voice. ~~No!~~ The voice said.

I woke up from my dream. I was inhaling so much air as if I just emerged from water. I dreamt about Geddy in trouble. It's probably my mind finally compiling all the problems I have. The mind does that a lot.

Downstairs, I heard a loud thud. Im immediately alerted as I remember the creature I left there.

"Araki!!!" I shouted.

"What's the matter?" He simply asked.

"Wh-." I stopped mid-word, and looked around and saw the house clean. The sofas are on their respective angle, the drawers are closed, the curtains are fixed, and the ginger powders... The ginger powders are still there. Of course, he wouldn't touch them. Overall, he made a nice cleaning.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"Ow. Am I not supposed to touch anything? I'm sorry."

"No. No. You did well. That's one problem out of my list." I smiled.

He approached me, then he put his hands on my shoulders. For some reasons, his warm hands soothed them. I'm suddenly aware that I was stiff all this time. Thank goodness he soothed me.

"Just how long is this list of problems? Tell me. The reason I went with you is because I want to help you." His voice soothed me more.

They all flood back. The syndicate. The house. The alive Geddy. The dead Geddy. The artificial sun. The syndicated police station. Seriously, I don't even know where to start.

I sighed. My body collapsed and I instinctively hugged Araki. I took the time to inhale his garden-soil scent, the orchids, the rabbits, the everything that I love about him. Even in his human form, his etheral scent still remains. His big chest muscles enclosed me as if it was made to catch me. It sounds cheesy, I know, but being helplessly inlove makes you chessy. I don't know, but I think I should just get used to this. It makes my heart warm anyway.

A pair of arms enclosed me further, and there, I nuzzled my nose into his chest.

" I don't know. I don't know where to start. I know I should prioritize my assignment, but bah, I haven't been prioritizing it. I should... I should prioritize what's more important to me. I mean, the syndicate wouldn't leave where they are, but Geddy'd life might be in trouble. Right! I will prioritize looking for my cousin. That's what I'm going to do. I will look for him. But I don't know where to start. I feel like I'm being stupid these days. Wait... To find Geddy, I must look for the syndicate. There's a big probability that they took him. I mean, come on, the evidences were everywhere. They took him! So in the end, I will look for the syndicate. Then... Then I will spill their guts to give me Geddy. But where do I start looking for them? Wait, from the looks of it, they were also looking for me. That's it. I'll just expose myself then wait for them to abduct me. Then you'll be there to save me like a hero you are then we'll get Geddy." I giggled with my own eureka. "Thank you, Araki."

I giggled more then went upstairs to change clothes.

"You're welcome?"

(Please vote and comment. It would be very much appreciated. And I will do my best! Chao.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

390 14 25
One day as the dragon of the mountain is flying home after an unsucsessful hunt he finds the smell of a human coming from his cave. He hurries home t...
16K 837 24
Noir has been protected all his life by a dog. He doesn't know who the dog is but the dog knows who he is. His life has become messed up all of a sud...
9.3K 354 23
'I don't recall how I got to that place...' Night woke up one night in the arms of a beautiful stranger. He was covered in blood. Had no idea who he...
3.2K 191 62
Gordon is a nerdy forensic pathologist who enjoys talking to the corpses in the morgue. Oh, and he's a vampire. The corpses-and his lab assistants-ha...