The Journey Begins - The Kant...

By ShadowofUmbreon

*COMPLETE**EDITS COMPLETE* Ash Ketchum is a brand new trainer from Pallet Town in the Kanto region at 16 year... More

Disclaimer
Prologue - The meeting
Chapter 1 - The Journey Begins
Chapter 2 - Emergency
Chapter 3 - Viridian Forest
Chapter 4 - Showdown at the Pewter Gym
Chapter 5 - Serena's Contest debut!
Chapter 6 - Mt. Moon and the Strange Pokemon
Chapter 7 - The Prophecy
Chapter 8 - The Pokemon Hunter, Eevee, and The Plan
Chapter 9 - The Cerulean Water Flowers! Cerulean Gym Battle!
Chapter 10 - A Sparkling Star! Cerulean Pokemon Contest!
Chapter 11 - The Hurt Bulbasaur and The Wandering Charmander
Chapter 12 - Disaster Barely Avoided!
Chapter 13 - The Mischievous Squirtle
Chapter 14 - An Electrifying Battle
Chapter 15 - New Rivals Ian and Natalie!
Chapter 16 - The Silph Co Takeover
Chapter 17 - True Feelings
Chapter 18 - Mon Amour....
Chapter 19 - Backgrounds
Chapter 20 - Surprise!!!
Chapter 21 - The Truth
Chapter 22 - Takeover
Chapter 23 - Pokemon Tower
Chapter 25 - Butterfree! Where are you!
Chapter 26 - Training
Chapter 27 - Shadows
Chapter 28 - The Whole Truth
Chapter 29 -
Chapter 30 - The Fuchsia Pokémon Contest, Seperation
Chapter 31 - Safari Zone
Chapter 32 - Departure
Chapter 33 - The Seafoam Trap (Part 1)
Chapter 34 - The Seafoam Trap (Part 2)
Chapter 35 - Companions Anew!
Chapter 36 - Make way for Charizard!
Chapter 37 - The Lost Girl
Chapter 38 - The rogue Aerodactyl
Chapter 39 - The way too Saffron
Chapter 40 - Message from the Kanto Liberation Army
Chapter 41 - Surprising Allies
Chapter 42 - Preparing for Battle
Chapter 43 - Battle for Saffron part 1
Chapter 44 - Battle for Saffron part 2
A/N - Order of Regions in the series
Chapter 45 - Battle for Saffron part 3
Chapter 46 - The Final Plan in Motion
Chapter 47 - The Final Battle Part 1
Chapter 48 - The Final Battle part 2
Chapter 51 - Pokémon League (rewrite)
Chapter 52 - The Grand Festival
Chapter 53 - The end (rewrite)
What could've been - The Journey Begins - The Kalos Arc
It's happening. (Just dont know when)
A Thank you.
;)
The Kalos Arc In production!
Prologue is out
A very last sincere thank you.

Chapter 24 - More Truth + The Violet Contest

1.4K 35 5
By ShadowofUmbreon

"Would you like to know why we appeared? Lucario asks.

Ash's group, Ian's group, along with Spark and Kyle were gathered at the back of the Pokémon center.

"Actually yes.... we really would like to know." Serena responds.

"What's going on here?" Ian asks.

Ash and Serena sigh. Lucario looks over to Ian and Natalie with Absol. Lucario had taught Absol how to speak to humans.

"Have you ever heard of the Prophecy of the Greats?" Absol asks.

"Yes I have. What does that have to do with anything?"

"Well we are the two mentioned in the prophecy." Ash and Serena say synchronized.

"What?! I don't believe it....."

"Well you should Ian. It's all true.... we are the protectors of the current greats. The last two we protected unfortunately were murdered by Team Rocket 17 years ago." Lucario starts

"To make room for the two mentioned in the prophecy" Absol adds.

"Ash.... your weren't originally going to be born with your name or even gender. You would've been a girl named Ashly" Lucario says.

"And Serena your weren't originally going to be born with your name either. You were going to be a girl named Marie"

"Wait... how do you know all this?" Ash asks. Everyone else was just looking at the 4 speaking to each other.

"Once the previous two Greats were murdered we were assigned to you two. The Pokémon Arceus, Creator of all Pokémon, had us watch your families waiting for you two to be born."

"Well... so you two... were protecting us since we were little?"

"That is correct Serena. Giovanni came close to snatching you two only three days after you two were born. He didn't know where to look so we put up a kind of barrier around Pallet Town keeping out Team Rocket."

Spark and Kyle have left. No one saw them leave. They were to busy listening to the conversation.

"Ok this is getting a little difficult to believe guys.... how can we trust what your telling us is true?" Natalie says.

"Remember that storm that was on the news after the S.S Anne sunk?"

"That was one nasty storm." Natalie says.

"Well.... we caused it...."Ash starts

"You caused it?!"

"Shush Ian!!" Serena says

"Yes we did but unwillingly!"

"That's right. Giovanni used a weapon of some sort to take control of our minds and powers."

"Ok ok fine! If you really have those powers show Team Rocket coming for you!"

"WHAT?!?! No way!" Brock shouts.

"Ian what has gotten into you!?" Natalie shouts.

"Well I can't believe them...."

"Yes we can! We may be in slight danger but the entire world will be gone if we turn them into Team Rocket." Nati says calmly.

"Ok..... I'm sorry..... let's just get ready for your Pokémon contest." Ian says.

Kyle and Spark had ran to the contest hall. What Ian and Natalie never knew is that Spark had been a Pokémon showcase performer in Kalos before she moved to Kanto.

Spark had to show up early because she was the special guest.

30 minutes later....
Leaf, Serena, and Alexis are all back stage having a talk.

"Soooo? What Pokémon are you girls using?"

"Well I was going to use Butterfree for the first round!" Serena shouts.

"Ok well I'm going to use my newly caught Dratini!" Leaf shouts.

"You have a Dratini!?"

"Yea! I caught it yesterday!"

"That's awesome! What Pokémon are you using Alexis?"

"That's a secret!"

"Oh cmon!!"

"Besides I'm up first! See ya guys later!"

Alexis ran off towards the stage entry.

Ash was a little worried about Serena. She hadn't been able to practice much. Butterfree wasn't ready to be used but Serena insisted that she use him.

After Alexis's performance it was Serena's turn.

"Butterfree it's your time to shine!"

Natalie had let out her newly evolved Glaceon to watch. Brittany was actually also interested as to how Serena did her contests.

"Butterfree use Sleep Powder!" Butterfree obeyed and let it all go over the audience. Before the spores hit the audience....

"Now use confusion!" Butterfree's eyes turned blue and stopped the powder.

Unfortunately it had to much power on the move and caused the spores to smash into Butterfree. It fell asleep on the stage.

To Serena everything went in slow motion. Her eyes widened as the butterfly Pokémon plummeted towards the stage.

It was either let the Pokémon fall and injure itself, or send out a Pokémon to stop it. Either way would get her disqualified.

She made her easy decision. She reached for a Pokeball sending Charla to catch the sleeping Pokémon.

Serena sprinted towards the Pokemon. Natalie was watching along with Ash. Their mouths hung open in worry.

Charla jumps into the air grabbing the Butterfree. They keep going through the air and get caught by Serena.

The entire stadium went quiet.

"After that alarming turn of events..... Serena Yvonne has been disqualified from this town's Pokémon contest."

Serena got off the floor slowly and saw Charla look at her saddened. Butterfree had opened its eyes and also stared at Serena.

Butterfree felt everything was her fault. A tear escapes from Serena's eyes. She quickly returns both her Pokémon and runs off the stage.

Spark was at the back entrance when Serena came running by.

"Serena wait!!" Spark yells. Serena ignores her and keeps running.

Next Ash comes running out the front entrance. He's frantically asking around to see where Serena went.

Eventually an older man pointed towards the forest. Ash quickly sprints that way.

"Ash?! What's wrong with Serena?"
Spark calls. Ash pauses and looks at her.

"Spark I'll tell you later. Just go have fun ok?"

With that Spark is dumbfounded and Ash runs into the forest. Serena had ducked behind a tree was was crying. Her hands were over her mouth.

There were twigs that snapped causing Serena to look up. Before long she was surrounded.

"Well, well, well! Look who we have here!" James says.

"It's the twerpette that we so desperately desire!" Jessie adds.

"W-What do you want with me?...."

"That's easy darling.... we just simply want to take you, lure the twerp to us, capture him, then destroy the world!"

"Aren't you supposed to be somewhere else?"

"Saffron City? No way would we stay there! Besides we are on patrol and we stumbled across you,"

The grunts along with Jessie and James take a few steps towards Serena. Serena pushes herself against the tree and is trembling.

"Just leave me alone please....." Serena says crying.

"We wouldn't if it meant anything we wanted girl."

One of the grunts run forward. Serena reaches for a Pokeball. She grabs it but gets pinned to the tree and she drops the Pokeball.

"Let me go!!" Serena yells frantically, more tears running down her face.

Back at the Contest hall, Spark was in the middle of her performance. Everyone there was staring in shock.

Natalie gets a headache. A really bad one. Serena's voice gets into her head. It yells for help.

Natalie had gotten rid of her crutches yesterday and ran out of the stands as quickly as possible.

Everyone else chased Natalie. Ash ran into the hall and meets the group.

"Natalie what's the matter?!" Ian shouts as she catches up.

"It's Serena!! She's in danger!!" She replies.

"She's what?!?! Ash shouts. "How do you know?!"

"She somehow sent me a message!!"

Lucario jumps out from behind Ash.

"It's true! She has been captured by Team Rocket!"

"What?!?! WHERE IS SHE!!!" Ash yells.

Natalie get's another message. She starts running into the forest.

Ash quickly runs behind. They leave the group behind as they run through tree's. The only one that caught up was Ian's Umbreon.

When they arrived to their destination a helicopter was lowering a ladder. Serena had tears in her eyes.

"Not happening!! Lucario bone rush! Pikachu quick attack!!" Ash shouts.

"Alright Umbreon use tackle as well!" Natalie yells. Even though Umbreon wasn't her Pokémon, he still listened to her.

All four Pokémon launch their attacks. Each one hitting different people. Bone rush hits multiple.

Lucario cuts down a tree making the helicopter pull away. Ash grabs Serena and the three, along with all the Pokémon run off.

They get out of the forest but hear the helicopter coming. Everyone runs inside the contest hall.

Spark had finished her performance and got into her normal clothes. She runs to the group to see Ash trying to comfort Serena.

"It's Butterfree..... she-she ran away.... I can't find her..." Serena was saying frantically.

"Alright so now that the contest is over we need a new destination. And we will find Butterfree ok Serena?" Misty says calmly.

Serena stops her crying and nods.....

With a disastrous contest, Butterfree had somehow managed to run off! Serena was once again saved from Team Rocket, and Spark is a Pokémon performer. Also Serena can contact people telepathically and alert them as well. Find out what happens next as the Journey Continues.......

I am so sorry guys for the wait on this chapter! Plus with the wait it's not even as good as I was hoping for it to be... I'm so sorry guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 3.1K 40
Amourshipping Story - (AshxSerena) Ash begins his training for the World Coronation Series Tournament. The winner of that tournament gets the honor...
182K 4K 130
Ash and Serena. Two who have met each other before as a child in a somewhat romantic experience, even if only one of them saw it as that. Serena is...
53.7K 1.5K 87
This story is about Ash Ketchum and Serena Gabena traveling throughout the Kanto region. During the journey they will meet Brock and Misty who will b...
1.2K 82 15
In this story male main character is Satoshi( Ash) Ketchum and female main character is Serena Yvonne In this story one boy who live in pallet town...