Riley Matthews

By BabyMorotia

A girl with a lifetime to spare When Riley Matthews meets her best friend What happens to her and what happe... More

Home and family
The best friends in the world
The first time i laid eyes on you
I cant deal with this anymore
A cup of coffee with him
Am i really in love
I saw him today
Zay my No.1 man
Ring power
Missy bradfords evil mind
The truth of my friendship
Is the past is in the past
Thanksgiving with the matthews part 1
Thanksgiving with the matthews part two
Question time
I have decided m
Sleepover with thunder and lightning
Jealous because i care
Updating later in the afternoon
Putting back the pieces
First date
NYU
Might update
Garden party
Just wanted to tell you
A party for the purple princess
Learning to let go
Planning a prposal

Catching Fireflies and the unexpected hour

23 2 0
By BabyMorotia

Warning I cried writing this

Riley's POV:

I wake up to the sound of bacon sizzling. Hmmmmmm
I walk down the stairs in my pajamas and sit in my breakfast seat as usual. I look at my mom and dad. I look at Auggie's empty seat. He's always the first up. I go back up the stairs to see what's up with this child.

" auggie?" I say in a sweet voice
"Go away" he seems upset
"Auggs I'm coming in". I say opening the door slowly.
"I don't want to speak to anyone"
"Hey, it's ok tell me and I'll fix it that's what big sisters are for".
"Ok, so basically mom said that she would take me to go firefly catching this afternoon but today I asked her and she said that she couldn't take me because she has to work late".
"But auggs you understand she also has to keep topanga's open as well as make a living from her first job as a lawyer,right ".
"Yeah I know but she never spends anytime with me anymore, and I really miss her sometimes".
"I know I do to sometimes but she is doing her best, I take you firefly catching today instead of mom how does that sound."
"Yeah, I suppose your just as much fun as she is so ok why not".
"Just so you know Ava can't come this is a brother sister thing OK"
"Yeah,yeah ok whatever I'll stay clear but for she's knocking on my door your answering her delusional questions."
"Bro, you need to get yourself a new girlfriend."
"She's not my girlfriend she's my wife so there's no going back besides we've been married for 52 years she'll die soon so there's no point in doing that."
"You know everything don't you now come on moms made bacon."
"BAAAAAAACCCOOONNNNN!!!"

I sit at the table and eat my breakfast in silence only the sudden movement of auggie's chair.

I stare at my dad I have no idea what they were talking about yesterday but I know Their convo had something to do with me Lucas and the word parents. So I put two and two together and figured out that they saw me and Lucas playing around with Ava, auggie and skyler and thought what I think they thought 'aww Riley and Lucas would make great parents blah blah blah.
They need to sit down and understand the fact that my relationship with Lucas has nothing to do with them if I want to have kids now or in 5 years time that's non of their business.
GOD!!!
I push that thought away and decide to ignore it.

I put my plate in the sink and sit down on the couch then switch on the TV to watch Teen Wolf.
(By the way I 100% live this show it slays all aspects of my life)
"Mom , I'm going to take auggie it firefly catching this afternoon is that ok because he told me that you were gonna take him then he seemed upset so I said I would"
"Yeah, sure as long as your back before 9:00 since it's Sunday and its a school night for auggie's."
"Yeah, sure no problem. AUGGIE GET READY WERE LEAVING SOON IM JUST GONNA GET READY THEN WE CAN GO. "
"Yeah ok "

I put on a white adidas too with gold stripes a blue shorts and white and gold superstars.
I walk to auggie's room and tell him to come out of he's done he comes out I hold his hand and grab my car keys then we leave.

"You exited auggs"
"Yeah I brought 3 jars just incase one of them brakes"
"Clever you, have you got your seatbelt on"
"Yep"
"Let's go then"

<skip car ride>

"Hey sleepy head wake up were here"
"About time"
"Yeah I know well what can I say NY traffic at 6:00 is hell "
"True,hey isn't this near Lucas's house?"
"Yeah, I think it's up the road"
" now do we wait until it gets dark so we can see them."
"Yep, here take this blanket it could get cold, how about we sit in the car until it gets dark."
"I don't mind a long as we're not too deep into the forest"
"Whhoooooo I'm a scary ghost whhhhhoooo monster!!!!"
"Riley stoppp that's scary"
"That's the point duh"
"Whatever just open the car and put on the heater it's starting to get real cold."
" sure"

<time skip auggs is asleep and Riley is watching the sun set>

The sky is beautiful and the sun is orange. I loved watching the sun when I was younger but I never could stay up long enough to see it but now Netflix at 3:00 am has prepared me well for this. It's amazing I wake up auggie after it sets because I can see a couple of fireflies shining up.
"Auggs it's now dark come on let's go catch some fireflies."
"Ok, I'll get the jars"
"No, you just get your self up in your state it looks like you can't even stand I'll get them.

I open the car boot holding two jars in one hand and two in the other. I trip on something and two of the jars shatter and I fall right on top of them and my legs and arms are full of blood. At the sight of it I scream,the other jar lands on my head and I tumble to the lake instantly fall in.

A huge chunk of seaweed wraps around my leg pulling me down as the hard waves of the lake swash against me I hold my breath and try to pull them away. I fail.

Over the water I see auggie running towards Lucas's house. God why do I always have to be the damsel in distress. I can hold my breath for a long time since I started swimming lessons since I was five. I stopped eventually because my uncle stopped running my classes and I didn't want to join any other club because they were all so mean but i still know how to swim.

I hear a scream just before my mind goes blank,my eyes close shut and darkness sucks me in. I try to find a way out but I can't. Everyone blacks out.

Lucas's POV:

When auggie comes in he's screaming 'someone help Riley!'
So by instinct I got up grabbed auggie and ran in the direction he was pointing to.

When I get there I see layers of glass covered in blood. I see Riley under the water. I pulled her out and grabbed her by the waist. How could I have let this happen. I cannot lose Riley everything is perfect now we have just started NYU and only just settled in.
I tell auggie to ring an ambulance and they get here after ten minutes. I can see that auggie is really scared so I tell the nurse that we'll meet her there so I can comfort him and tell him that everything was gonna be alright but the fact is I needed someone to reassure me.

We wait in the hospital for ages and I take auggie home. Cory has a worried look on his face so I try and remind him who I was and that I wasn't going to leave her side until she wakes up.

I leave the Matthews household with only on thought. IF RILEY DOESEN'T MAKE IT I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'll DO.
I'm nothing without her when I see her face she calms me and I feel like she just brings the best out of me and I don't need to change for her too like me because she loves me.

Only when I get the hospital I realise that I didn't call maya or farkle or zay for that matter. I grab my phone and text them all
'Guys sorry I didn't warn you about this earlier had to warn corny and topanga and drive auggie home blah blah blah.
If any of you are coming we're at the green hospital. '

I sit and wait patently for the nurse to allow me to see her until I see maya, zay and farkle (trailing behind them like a third wheel) poor guy I think to myself. They all sit with me while we wait for any news about Riley.

I am about to shut my eyes and give up until one of the nurses called my name.
"Lucas friar miss Matthews would like to see you first is that alright "
She says hesitantly. I see a of jealousy on Maya's face, I smirk at her and she sticks her tongue out.
"Is she gonna make it' i say with a spark of sadness."
"Yes, miss Matthews will be fine we just had a hard time finding the small chunks of glass is her bloodstream. "
" thank you,what room is she in" I ask with a smile.
"Room 54 to your right "

I walk into the room and I see Riley with stitches all over her arms and legs. I stop so I can take her image in and I know that she's relying on me to calm her so I walk forwards instead of running away like a baby.

" hey,princess sorry that you got hurt and I wasn't there to catch you."
"No,don't you dare even think about blaming yourself for this whatever happened there was non of your fault, Lucas you saved me again and I am grateful for it." "Thank you"
"Come here."
He move closer towards me and I ruffle through his hair like I do to auggie when he's sick.
" There is no one else that I would want here with me now than you that's why I called your name first. I called your name first."
" yeah it does especially when I saw the look on Maya's face when the nude mentioned my name."
" your such a savage."
"What it was funny her jaw dropped and she was like 'excuse me I think you pronounced the name wrong' and I was like no bitch she called mine .😈😈😂😂
"See I knew your were gonna say something like that, meet me at my house at 2 later my mom And auggie won't be home can you call maya and farkle in please?."
"Sure." A smile appears on my face what on earth could she want with me at 2am in the morning. I call maya and go to Riley's house I tell topanga where they are and put the address on the fridge. I tell them what they did and they seemed relieved of some sort. I go home and play with skyler as I promised before auggie came in.
No less then ten minutes I'm wearing pink lipsticks in a tutu that I can't breathe in and I can't even move because all the jewellery on my hand weighs like a ton. I look at skyler as she smirks. I are at her and she gives me an innocent look I am very reluctant to carry on.

By the time were done I have nearly passed out I can't breath with all the perfume that she sprayed me with.

I take a photo in the mirror on snapchat with my sister and send it to zay and Riley something to make her smile. I don't send it to maya because I know she will use it against me .

At 1:49 I creep down the stairs and shut the door quietly as I make my way to Riley's house. I'm not an idiot so I know what she's planning I think maya convinced her so heads up to her. But she planning on doing 'it' I mean like sex I saw her phone messages when we were at topanga's.

I walk through to see her lying on her bed in a purple pussy cat headband and a strapless bra nothing else I go towards the door and lock it.

I walk towards her and she kisses me and rips of my shirt I unclasp her bra and (well you know what I'll leave your dirty minds to do the rest).

When Riley is asleep she rolls over quite a lot. I smile at her this was a big commitment for her and she got through it like a natural (well not like that but you know what I mean.)

I dream about Texas as usual and fall asleep. 💤💤💤

For my next chapter shall I do it about cheerleading and their jobs. Or shall I do it about their teachers and Riley's birthday???
Well it wasn't to bad but I geuss there was a lot of drama and yes rucas did 'it'. Don't forget to vote and keep refine had a bet that I would get 1000 views by next week gonna have to do a lot of posting.thanks guys

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.2K 2K 23
"You love her, don't you, Maya?" "She's my best friend, of c-" "You love her more than that, I've seen the way you look at h...
146K 4.7K 33
High school is starting and the tension between Riley, Lucas, and Maya is only growing. But when Riley starts to turn to her best guy friend for a sh...
54.8K 2.2K 115
Riley Matthews & Maya Hart are entering high school with their best friends and no one knows that something will change everything for all of them, a...
759K 18.7K 59
They met on the subway. It wasn't that special to her. But then they meet at school, same classes. Maybe they would be friends? But they just can't k...