The Creature of the Woods (Bx...

By JennaArchiver016

[completed] A wounded police officer stumbles upon the woods only to see a creature he never thought he would... More

Chapter 1: Upon the woods
Chapter 2: The creature of the woods
Chapter 3: The Tree
Chapter 4: The Spell
Chapter 6: Jerry
Chapter 7: Empty
Chapter 8: The investigation
Chapter 9: The Call
Chapter 10: The flower.
Chapter 11: The Morning
Chapter 12: The Missing
Chapter 13: The Journal
Chapter 14: The Sun
Chapter 15 : The Gem and his Form
Chapter 16 : The Human World
Chapter 17: The Outside
Chapter 18: The Syndicate
Chapter 19: The Cleric
Chapter 20: The vial
Chapter 21: I fall in love and find my heart faced down
Announcement

Chapter 5: The memory

793 53 3
By JennaArchiver016

"What's wrong with you sleeping in your police car beside the empty road? Have you forgotten what's in there? I told you to stay away from that place!" Geddy was shouting at me the moment we stepped our foot in our house.

"Seriously. What's the big deal? I'm a police officer, Geddy. You are stronger but it does not mean that I can't protect myself. What's going to happen, some punks would get my wallet then rape me?"

"You know that's not what I'm worried about!" He shouted.

"Then what?" I stressed.

"The creature that enchanted you, sucker!" He shouted his non-sense.

"Just what the hell are you talking about? What creature? What enchanted me? Don't tell me you believe in that bullshit?" I retorted back.

His expressions said he gives up with me. He raised his palms up in defeat and went back to his room while he murmurs curse words directed to me.

After dinner, we went to our respected rooms. On the hallway before my room, I noticed the broken window temporarily fixed by metal bars and wooden planks. I remember when Geddy had to fix it because a thief thought it was a good idea to openly rob the house of two policemen. Poor thief.

I continued to walk down the hallway when I heard a violent gash of wind in Geddy's room. I heard him curse so I went to my room and fetched my gun. When I came back, I was expecting for a happening, but what I saw boggled my mind out. A tree branch was curling a blue midnight flower that glows from within. It's like a toy flower with a light inside, but this one looks more alive and shiny. As it enters Geddy's room, the branch writhed and wilted, followed by a small nature squeak. Despite of that, the little wilted branch continued its journey inside Geddy's room.

"Just go away, fuck-tard." Geddy threw a pitcher of water on the branch. The branch let go of the flower and retreated back to the main tree. Poor thing did its best to deliver the flower into Geddy's room, but that's not the problem.

The branch just fucking moved.

Geddy picked the flower from the floor then threw it out, intentionally hitting the tree. He closed his window and walks back to his bed to sleep, but not until he noticed me standing on his doorway with a pointing gun and a shocked expression.

"Hansel?"

"Geddy."

"What are you doing there, Hansel? Put your gun down. The fuck-tard is out."

"What is that, Geddy?" I breathed out.

"What do you mean?" He asked quizzically.

"The branch. The branch, Geddy. It moved. It sent a flower for you. Why? What is that? Why are you acting like it is normal?"

Geddy seemed to cock his head on the side with a range of confusion to relief. He then said, "Because Queen Bubblegum of the candy kingdom ordered Marceline to kill you, Hansel. Now you go to sleep to go back to Earth." He then approached me and knocked my head.

~*~

"Geddy, are sure it was a dream? It felt so real. My head even hurts when I woke up." I said on the dining table as Geddy cooks our breakfast.

"Is that the reason why I heard a loud bang in your room?" He explained.

"Ow. So I hit my head?"

He placed the eggs, hotdogs, and rice on the table. "Seriously, you're supposed to be the smartest detective in NBI."

"But this is different from the other dreams I had." I insisted.

"Okay, tell your story again." He challenged as he crossed his arms around his chest.

"Okay, so I came to your room with my gun because I heard a gash of violent wind. Then when I peeked into your room, I saw a moving branch. It was desperately putting a beautiful glowing flower in your room, Geddy. It was burning, for some reasons. But it was romantic, like you're Juliet and stuff. But then you know what you did? You threw the flower outside and you even cursed at it." I glared at him.

"Wow. That sounds so real." He snorted. "Then tell me again what I said? What did I say when you asked me what's going on?"

"You said because Queen Bubblegum of the candy kingdom ordered Marceline to kill me so I must go to sleep to go..." Now that actually sounds funny. I stopped speaking before I let myself look crazy in front of Geddy. I admit it now, it was actually a dream.

"You know what you have to do?" He approached the dining table then sat on his chair, helping himself with the rice. "Stop reading romance novels and stop watching Adventure Time. And also, stop dreaming about my love life, will yah. I'm fine. I don't need it."

"Maybe that's what my dream is about, Geddy. Maybe the gods are telling me to help you with your love life." I snickered. He glared at me so I glanced at the sink and somewhere else.

"Oh yeah, then what about you and Officer Fina? Don't talk about my love life when you can't even begin yours." I blushed a little. Officer Luisa Fina has been my crush for 9 years. From college until now. She's beautiful and smart. She graduated as the Suma Cum Laude (highest honor) of the batch, and I am so proud because she's my crush. It does not make sense, but I still do. Don't get me wrong, I did not destined myself in this province to be with her, my dad just demoted me for some reasons. But if this happened, maybe the fates are telling me something.

I was eating intensely because of the thought. Then I noticed the smug and contented grin from Geddy's face with a light and happy sigh. "I support you, sucker, you deserve to be with the one you truly loved."

Geddy felt... different. What's up with his pants today? I know he can be over protective, but he's not supportive. Maybe he's in a good mood because I made him laugh on insisting that my stupid dream was real?

I feel proud then.

On the way to work, I passed by the usual flower shop in the neighborhood. I unconsciously bought a red rose to glance at it all the way. I looked up the sky and saw the sunlight filtering the through the trees. It was beautiful, it was wonderful, it was... familiar. Suddenly, a pain in my heart managed to reveal itself from depths unknown. Why am I feeling this, I don't know. However, I never thought I could be the type to appreciate nature. I'm an urban boy at heart and I don't know when this natural love for nature came from. This love is like a feeling for a lover. A good feeling that warms my heart. I'm so glad I chose to walk than to ride with Geddy today.

Speaking of Geddy, a Chevy Impala stops in front of me and the tinted window goes down. "Hey, Hansel. Ride with me. You're going to be late."

"No I'm not."

"You are. Just hop in."

"I can walk." I insisted.

"If you get lost in the forest again, Uncle Harry will kill me. Get it? Because your disappearances have been reported to him and he will take my job if you died. Just come." He explained.

"I'm not a ten year old."

"You are a ten year old. Just fucking ride, will yah?"

Geddy won the argument so I had to come to work with him. It was weird of him to insist that I ride his Chevy Impala. Before, he even leaves me if I prepare late for work. Like I said, Geddy is over-protective, but it's not like he could strictly protect me from something. First, I was lost because we were pursuing criminals in the forest. Second, I just fell asleep in the police car. Nothing to worry about. Nothing specific to worry about. Right?

But as someone who has been handling cases for five years, I know I couldn't just shake suspicions off. But I will think about this later.

"What is that? For Officer Fina?" Geddy asked.

I glanced at the flower I was unconsciously holding. "Oh, this? No, I was just..." I wondered for a second. Why not? "Yeah. It's for her. I'm going to be brave today."

"Haha." Geddy laughed. "For the first time in nine years. I'm so proud of you, buddy."

~*~

I came to work with a disturbed feeling. Once I saw Luisa, my usual feelings vanished. I think she's still a beautiful and admirable lady, but the special feelings are gone. I don't know why. I search for some answers in my heart, but it wouldn't give me any. Instead, I found a cold hole that lingers inside my heart. A thought that I cannot comprehend. An image that I cannot see. A voice that sounded like a missing blur for my ears.

I forgot something in my life. Something important. But what is that?

I saw Luisa glance at my way. I think she saw the red rose I have with the little wonder and smile I saw in her face. But I cannot give this to her. Not with this mixed emotions. Not with the stupid assumptions I might give her.

But she's fast approaching now. I can't just run away.

"Hey Hansel." I just noticed how much her eyes twinkled upon seeing me. She wasn't like that before. She was dead set on being the top of the class that she ignored all those cadets courting her. "What's with bringing a rose today?" She smiled wider.

"This is for you." I said with the widest smile I had. I may not feel in love with her anymore, but I still think her smile is wonderful. "This is from me and Geddy. It's a thank you flower for being a wonderful co-worker around the station. And also, it's for helping with some of our cases." I said confidently without stuttering or blushing. I just really feel grateful with her, nothing more.

"Ow, from you and Geddy." She said with a slightly lower voice.

"What's wrong? You don't like roses? How about a Happy Meal. Would you rather have a Happy Meal?" I asked anxiously.

She gave me a hearty smile with a hint of defeat. "Yep. I prefer a Happy Meal. So you should buy me sometime. Though, I must thank you and Geddy for this flower."

Well, that turned out pretty fine. It was almost like a closure for my feeling with her. I feel like this is an opening for a new friendship.

Sitting down on my desk was a great relief for a weird morning, but what I saw on my desk doesn't make my heart settle for a bit. It's my doodle of that guy I saw in a horror film. Just that. But what makes it so unsettling?

A drop of water ruined the doodle and I realized it was my salty tear. Something in my heart is missing. Something. There's something.

I can't explain it.

I am loving something, someone, but I don't know who.

"Hansel?" Geddy came to my desk with worry etched on his face.

"Geddy." I called him as I break down completely.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 1.4K 38
Dean finally found his mate, but one day his mate disappeared into thin air. And no one seemed to be able to find him, not even Dean. Started : 3 Nov...
16K 837 24
Noir has been protected all his life by a dog. He doesn't know who the dog is but the dog knows who he is. His life has become messed up all of a sud...
410 10 8
TW: Blood, violence • • • Blood partners. The phenomenon which arose along with sanguines. In this relationship, a human and a sanguine a directly de...
932 22 27
When the gang go back to school, they meet new and old friends and discover strange encounters of creatures that came from different worlds.