The Red Paladin

By A10iceskater

Your brother, Lance, has been piloting the Blue Lion for three years now. You haven't seen him since he left... More

Lance's Sister
Dinner
The News
The New Arrival
The Special Someone
Not-So-Secret Makeout Session
The Last Supper
Distractions
1K!
Over Hearing
Countdown: ONE MORE DAY
Delivering the News
Talking It Out
Deinal
NEW COVER ART!

Leaving

5.5K 200 152
By A10iceskater

Song - Wouldn't Change A Thing by Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas

Warning - Talks of depression ahead! Mentions of self harm. Read at your own risk.

    You woke up the next morning, the tear stains from last night still streaked on your face. You had had a terrible dream; a recreation of how you thought Keith really  felt and what he actually wanted to say to you. And it broke your heart. It was what everyone else had ever said to you...

    When you woke up, it was about 11:30. Lance had told you that they had wanted to get an early start, so you were convinced that they had already left, leaving you to go to school the next day to be treated like crap again.

    You went downstairs to start a load of laundry, like you did everyday for your parents. You put your earbuds in and started listening to "Wouldn't Change A Thing", a song that had come on one of your favorite movies as a kid, "Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam". You started singing at the top of your lungs, knowing that your parents had already left for work.

    But a new voice gave you a heart attack. You heard someone start singing along with you, and it definitely wasn't your parents. You could recognize that voice anywhere, but you thought he had left already.

    Lance had started singing along with you, and you smiled as you continued singing with him. You didn't even question that he was there, you just enjoyed his presence for however long it would be.

    Unbeknownst to you, Keith was at the top of the stairs, listening to your melodious voice. He knew that if he walked down there to hear better, you would stop singing and probably leave, and he didn't want to stop listening to your sweet voice sing for all of eternity.

    When the song had finished, you and Lance were laughing like a bunch of idiots, just like the old times. But that's when you remembered something; Lance was supposed to have already left!

    "What are you still doing here? I thought you guys had already left," you asked him, tilting your head in confusion. But you were met by the same confusing head tilt from Lance.

    "What do you mean? We were waiting for you to wake up and get ready so we could go..." he trailed off. You frowned; you had been afraid he would say that.

    "Lance... I'm not going..." You trailed off. He looked at you, blinking a few times to see if he had heard you correctly.

    "I'm sorry, let me get this straight. You're not coming with us?" he asked, a mix of shock, anger, and confusion coating his voice.

    "I-I had a run in with someone on the team last night... I don't think I'm welcome anymore..." you explained quickly, trying to excuse the topic before it got to be too painful for you to bear.

    "(Y/N), you are always welcome! Who on earth made you feel...?" he trailed off, looking up at the stairs as he finally figured it out. "KEITH!" he screamed loudly, charging up the stairs.

    "LANCE!" you called after him, running up to him. You grabbed his arm, pulling him back down the stairs, but struggling quite a bit. Why does he have to be so strong?

    "Let me at him, let me at him!" he said over and over, waiting for his opportunity to attack Keith for hurting his precious little sister.

    "Sit down, Lance!" you ordered, practically throwing him onto the couch before sitting on his lap to keep him there. He sighed annoyedly.

    "You have thirty seconds to tell me what happened before I go and skin him alive!" Lance threatened, huffing as he leaned back into the couch. You knew he loved this couch too much to try and get up to fight right this second.

    You sighed sadly. "I walked in on him and Shiro talking... He said that it would be better for him if I wasn't there... I don't want to bother anyone... So I just won't go..." you explained sadly, reliving the terrible moment in your painfully accurate memory.

    He sighed sadly. "This is what I was afraid of... Keith being mean to you... But, it would mean so much to me if you were there. But, it's your life, I'll let you decide," he said sadly, looking over every detail of your's in case this was his last time seeing you for a while.

    "I really want to come, believe me I do..." you trailed, looking down at your hands.

    What Lance had never been told was about all of the people who were cyber bullying you from your school. Nobody informed him of all of the nasty text messages you received, the hateful emails, the painful comments on social media. And you definitely didn't tell him about how you dealt with it; scratches on your arms.

    But, unfortunately for you, Lance saw your gaze and followed it down to your arms. Part of your sleeve was up, exposing your forearm. But, it was just enough for him to see the beginnings of the scratch marks.

    What happened next went by so fast you could hardly understand what was happening. Lance threw you onto the other side of the couch, and bolted up the stairs. You were dazed, but you realized he had finally figured out. What you had tried so hard to hide, gone. And all because of one simple error.

   You chased him up the stairs, and thankfully, reached him before he reached Keith. You grabbed him and pulled him back, despite his protests.

    "What's wrong?" you asked him, hoping that if you played dumb he would be easier to lie to. You couldn't admit to your caring older brother that that happened; you just couldn't.

    "What's wrong? What's wrong? I'll tell you what's wrong! The fact that he drove you to do something like that to yourself! I'm going to make him regret it, just you watch me!" he screamed, fighting against you with all of his might.

    "What?This?"  you asked, pointing to the one scratch that he had seen.

    "YES!" he growled, examining it with the most disgusted scowl on his face.

    "This was just a cut I got the other day when I fell," you lied. You surprised yourself; you actually sound believable.

    Lance stopped struggling. He sighed, looking down to the ground with his face in his hands. "You promise that's all it is?" he asked, sounding scared but relieved at the same time.

    "Yes, there's no reason to kill Keith over that, now is there?" you asked him, smiling softly as you pressed a tender kiss to his temple, hoping to calm him down.

    Lance groaned slightly. "I guess not... Although it would be fun..." he trailed off, smirking evilly at the idea.

    "Lance, no!" you giggled, playfully smacking his arm.

    "Okay, okay! Only if you promise to come with us," he smirked, trying his best to negotiate what little he could with you.

    You playfully groaned. "Alright, deal," you said, smiling as you grabbed your suitcase out of your room and gave it to Lance. He called the others to start loading up in the Castle while you quickly changed and said your good-byes to your parents. Except this time, Lance was there to say some with you.

    After your good-byes, Keith came in to yell at you guys for being late. He wouldn't admit it to anyone, but he was glad that you were going along with them.

    You and Lance laughed, walking out of your house to go and board the ship. Keith followed behind you, but was stopped by your mom. She smiled at him.

    "Hey, Keith, is it? Could I ask you to deliver a message to Lance for me? I couldn't ask in front of (Y/N)," she asked in her sweet voice.

    "Sure," Keith replied, hoping that this would go by fast.

    "Can you just warn him that (Y/N) has had some... Run-ins with some people that has given her some... Tendencies..." she said, trying to put it nicely for him. But he understood well enough anyways.

    "Oh, I'm sorry to hear. I will deliver the message right away," Keith promised, heading for the door.

    "Oh, and can you warn the others just to be as nice as they can to her? I wouldn't want something bad to happen, not that it would but just as a precaution?" she asked, worried about her baby. Keith nodded, feeling his heart drop as he remembered what (Y/N) had overheard the night before. He quickly ran out to the ship, trying hard to ignore the sinking feeling in his stomach.

   'Dear Lord, what have I done?'
_______________________________
Yay, I finally have another part up! I'm so glad that so many of you like this book so much! You guys are definitely the reason I keep updating! I love getting comments like that, so if you have nice comments, that would be greatly appreciated!

Special thanks to:

RaphaelTiamat
@yukiislonely00
@hgslozkylo042187

For all of the encouragement~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

378K 19.5K 101
KLANCE BAND After Keith's music producer dropped him so they could focus on different performers, he decided to pursue his other dream and become a d...
168K 4.1K 19
What happens when a part of Voltron, a paladin to be exact, is taken hostage by the Galra Empire? Would Voltron search far and wide for their missing...
19.1K 659 17
ⓘ Mature Content Lance angst, Coran and Allura have to do some identity scans after there was a Galra breach after receiving a distress call and, Hu...
368 20 11
The fight of the universe, Voltron has to over come an obstacle of love. What will they do when Lance is all alone? And what happens when Lance fail...