Chasing Hell

By ChachiKawaii

** TheLiteraryAwards2017 Winner as BEST VAMPIRE STORY ** [DATE STARTED: January 2015] ❝She's a school-hopper... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE: Take A Picture If You Must. You Seem Amazed By Me
CHAPTER TWO: I Want You To Be Mine
CHAPTER THREE: So Basically, They're Like Satan, Lucifer and Judas
CHAPTER FOUR: The Freaking Kiss Was His Kind OF Fun. Dammit!
CHAPTER FIVE: Oh That Egocentric, Self-Absorbed, Walking Death Threat...
CHAPTER SIX: I Swear To My Granny Wessler That I'll Woman UP
CHAPTER SEVEN: Maybe We Should Ask For Hell's Protection
CHAPTER EIGHT: Not A Star-Crossed Lover But An All-Time Tom And Jerry Tale
CHAPTER NINE: Why The Sudden Good Samaritan, Treyson?
CHAPTER TEN: I Am Not A Dog Pound For Annoying Lost Puppies
CHAPTER ELEVEN: This Guy's a Nightmare Dressed Like a Daydream.
CHAPTER TWELVE: I Swore To Myself, I Will Never Let Him Play With Me Again
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: Binding Half My Soul To Her, Made Me Feel Alive.
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: I Really Hate How I Like That Jerk!
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: I Just Happen To Have Onion Squeezed In My Eyes.
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: Have An Impenetrable Barrier From An Outsider's Affection.
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: Bring Out The Killing Machines, Torture Me To Death
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: Kim Kardashian With Her Photoshop-ed Ass Will Be Ashamed
CHAPTER NINETEEN: Julia Child, Come Save Me!
CHAPTER TWENTY: Your Pain Will Be My Death
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: You Are Mine, Heather. And I Don't Share
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: A Lovely Dream I Shared With Him Under The Starry Skies
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: Sleep. Or Do You Want Me To Read You A Bedtime Story?
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: The Whole Truth or Keeping A Safe Distance
Important!
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: He's Not The Danger, He's The Safe Zone
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX: Because I Wasn't Able To Save You Before!
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN: Being With Him is the Danger I Am Willing to Confront
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: Smile At Me. Like I'm Your Most Favorite Person
CHAPTER THIRTY: Respect Isn't Demanded. It Is For You To Gain
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE: I Don't Want To Make The Same Mistake Twice
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO: You're The Everlasting Torture That I Am Willing To Endure
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE: Do What You're Good At
AUTHOR'S FAVOR :)
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR: What A Greedy Jerk.
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE: You Were The Good Side I Was Never Meant to Have but I Had
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX: The Devil Was Tamed
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN: That's My Language of Love, Baby Doll
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT: What Did I Ever Do To Deserve You
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE: You Can Be Really Sweet, You Know That, Right?

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE: I Wonder How You Got Yourself A Quarterback

2.5K 84 6
By ChachiKawaii

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE: I Wonder How You Got Yourself A Quarterback

I had all the day figured out and planned out well.

I have to excel in class more times than I should be, thus preoccupying my mind and clogging it with school stuff, making sure none of the supernaturals can squeeze it's way in. And not to mention the eternal torment of having Kohell Damien Treyson under my nose. So basically, my plate's full for the day.

I grabbed my bag and took one last minute security check on my "rental room", that's what I call it. After satisfying myself with it's security, I walked out and headed on to the living room where the home owner is currently waiting for me.

"What's with girls taking so long to prep up for school?" Kohell asked as he grabbed his own bag.

"Uhh, good morning to you, too." I answered sarcastically.

"Like, really, you don't need to get all dolled up for school. You're just basically going to sit all day and listen to boring lectures." He added.

"Well, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed, I see." I commented.

Why is he so grumpy today? It's like he's on menstrual period. Oh well, but I still kept my composure and my cool because I don't want to start this day wrong. So I guess I would have to olay this one safe and not add more fuel to the fire, that is Kohell.

"Do you realize how long I waited for you? It's been almost an hour. I know you woke up around 6. And you even woke up first. And you still finished last." He hissed. What's his problem?

"Let me make things clear, Kohell. You are not obliged to wait for me. I can go on my own. It's not as if I'll take a bus, and a train, and a cab to get to school. It's roughly a 10-minute walk. I did not ask you to sit around and wait for me. So I have no idea why you're so grumpy at this early in the morning." I said as calmly as possible. Tho I can feel my eyes twitching a little bit. And when that happens, oh no, it's a start of me steaming like hell. But I tried to keep my composure until the very end of my statement.

"Yes, I am not obliged and you told me nothing about waiting for you. But you're living under my care. And with all that's been happening--"

"Don't." I cut him out in the middle of his statement. I know it's rude but I have to. "Stop. Just... don't jinx it. Nothing's happened for the past week." I said.

Yes, suprisingly, nothing unusual has happened for the past week and that made me worry. Because like what Kohell said, we shouldn't put our guard down because maybe they're just planning out an attack when we're most vulnerable. So instead of being happy, I feel almost paranoid.

Oh wait. Maybe... Maybe that's why he's so clingy to me these past few days. It's like he always wanted to be with me. Maybe he...

"I don't want to be the last one to know you're harmed. So even if you didn't ask me to wait for you, I will. Your safety is on top of my priorities. And there's nothing you can say or do that can wager that. So please, just cooperate with me. It's not easy putting up with your stubbornness, baby doll." He said and turned his back on me. "Get all your things ready. I'll wait outside." And he finally walked out the door.

I would have to react on the whole "baby doll" thing, but I guess I can't argue with that anymore. It's the name associated with our fake relationship.

And so, I took a quick trip to the fridge and grabbed my iced coffee before heading out to the door where Kohell, as what he said, is waiting for me.

He looks so hot when he's grumpy. I'll give him that.

***

"So... How was it?" Errine asked in a whisper.

"How was what?" I asked in return.

"You know, being with the hottest guy in school and your fake boyfie." She whispered.

"I swear, you sound funny when you do that "whisper" thing. It's so loud." I said laughing.

"Hello? We're in the library so I guess we are not allowed to speak in our normal voices, well, of course that applies for me because my normal voice seems like a shout." She said.

Funny thing about Errine is that, she's so bubbly and she's making me life quite effortlessly. That's why I love her for that.

"That rule is for you alone." I commented.

"You bet. So? Tell me. Give me all the juicy details. I haven't asked you about it for a week so that you can get all comfortable and your commentaries and reactions should be genuine. So c'mon. I'm waiting." She said, never losing contact with my eyes.

I guess I don't have much choice.

"Well, it seems pretty fine." I answered.

She looked at me, as if waiting for me to add something up. But I couldn't find the words that truly describe how I feel about living with him. And the funny thing is that, all went by so fast, that I was surprised it's been a week. Maybe because it has been "uneventful" for the past week.

"That's it? 'Fine'?" She said, her voice went up a notch.

"Yes, pretty fine." I answered.

"Oh c'mon, Heavs. You can do better than that. C'mon. Tell me. Was there a little intimacy going on with the two of you? You know, when you're both alone?" She said with a giggle.

"What?! No, Errine!" I said aloud.

"Shhhh! Keep it down, ladies." Susan, the librarian shh-ed us.

I nudged Errine for that.

"There's no intimacy whatsoever that has happened to the both of us. We eat together and after that we're off to bed. We actually don't keep in close contact with each other. We're responsible and wholesome teenagers. We're not up for anything..." I couldn't find the right words.

"Nasty?" Errine said with a grin in her face.

"Stop it. I would say, intimate." I said. My cheeks are burning and I kinda hope Errine did not notice it. Have I put on some blush? Oh my God. I did not! I'm so screwed.

"Oh really? So why is your face all red?" Errine teased.

"It's the blush, Errine." I lied to keep away from embarrassing myself.

"You put on way too much blush this time, honey." She commented.

"Shut up." I hissed.

But why am I blushing? Like seriously? And immediately, I went back to that moment when he pinned me against the wall. That time when I almost opened that mysterious room. That was the only "intimate" moment I had with him during my stay at his lair.

"Uh-oh. You're reminiscing." Errine teased me again.

"I wasn't. Stop it will you?" I said, turning away from her. I focused my eyes on the book I was reading. The title's 'The Color of Darkness' by Christa Levinson. It's about having nightmares. Or should I say, dark dreams. It's a story about a girl who's having constant dreams that seems so real and focusing only about darkness.

"Why are you reading that crap, by the way?" Errine asked.

"It's not crappy, you know. I think this book's brilliant. I can somewhat relate to this girl, Quinn, for some reason or another." I said while still reading the book.

"How can you say that?" Errine asked.

"Well, for one, she's been having nightmares and 'daymares'. And that she couldn't explain all the things and the person she sees inside those dreams. She said it all felt so real. I've experienced that quite a lot so I can say I can relate to her. Though, I wasn't hoping to find some way of getting rid of the dreams, but it feels kinda good to... you know... to share these kinds of things with somebody and know that I wasn't the only person who's been experiencing these unexplainable dreams." I said. Although, it's a bit painful talking about these horrors that are happening in my life, it's kinda relieving to let this one out in the open, confessing these to a friend.

"Uh? Correction. Selene experienced these things as well." Errine said. And she has a point. Selene did experience these things. I know now is not the right time but, maybe I can go meet up with her and talk about these.

"Now that you said that, maybe Selene knows how to deal with these." I said, closing the book and faced Errine.

"Oh no. Please don't tell me you're not planning on talking to her." Errine said, hands crossed on her chest.

"I need answers. There's so much to ask. And only a few was answered during the previous meet up." I said.

Things had gone out of control with the previous meet up. Kohell suddenly showed up, which caused Selene to move back a bit. But why would Selene act as if she's afraid of Kohell and retreated? Is she afraid of being seen by another human? Or is there somehing else? Those two seem to know each other, there's no denying that. And with the built up tension during that moment, there's no doubt that they somewhat shared a relationship before. Be it good or bad.

"Do you want to get in trouble once again, Heavs? You know Kohell would be pissed at that. He's been trying to save you for quite some time. And you've been putting yourself into a lot of danger. Please? Think otherwise. There's a couple of ways to communicate or talk to Selene without being face to face with her. We can't risk the danger." Errine made a huge point on that statement.

"Like what?" I asked confusingly.

"I don't know. We'll think of a way that's less dangerous. For the mean time, let's focus on the previous issue. Have you kissed? Again?" Errine grinned like a Cheshire Cat.

"Errine!" I growled. And she just laughed softly.

Other way to communicate? Hmmm. Maybe the caretaker of the girl's locker room can help.

***

Right after school was done, I hurried to the girl's locker room. In less than an hour, squad practice would start so I better make this one quick.

I knocked on the small room, which was where the caretaker keeps all necessary tools for cleaning the lockers and serves as her mini-office, if that's the term.

Soon enough, I heard footsteps drawing near and the small door swang open.

"Oh, it's you. What can I help you with?" She asked ever so politely. I can sense that she's completely harmless.

"Do you mind if I go inside?" I asked.

"Oh so silly of me. Please do come in." She said and swang the door fully opened.

I walked in and waited for her. She lead me to the same table and gestured for me to sit. I took a seat from the rickety wooden stool and she did the same.

"It was rude of me not to introduce myself when we first met. I'm--"

"Heather. I know who you are. I'm Olivia." She finished off.

"It was nice to meet you, Olivia. But how did you know my name?" I asked with great curiousity.

"Selene told me." She answered with a smile.

"Uhm, how--how are you able to communicate with Selene?" I asked confusingly. There's more to this woman. Other than her being on a tribe, as what she said, there's something deeper about her.

"She visits me. She's a sweet young girl that I have grown to adore."

"How often does she visit you?"

"A couple times a week. She makes sure the necklace is well kept. She's very protective of it that it's so hard for her to be away with it. It's so important to her, but it's fatal in the hands of the enemies."

"When you say, enemies, what could be the meaning of that?"

This is my chance. If this woman knows a thing or two about these people that Selene's afraid of, it can answer a few of my questions about my attackers.

"Selene may have told me to keep this necklace from the enemies, but she's been so discreet about who they are or what they are. I don't have any idea about their origin or who could they be. But I know, they are dangerous and would go through whatever just to get their hands on this necklace. She does this to keep me safe. She's been putting my safety on top of her priorities and keeping these secret from anyone else is a simple way of giving back to her. Not until you came. But it's only because I know Selene and you share the same experiences in one way or another. And I'm making an exception." She said. All the words coming out from her mouth seemed like a total blur.

And there I thought I can have my chance at having the answers I wanted. But I was wrong. Selene may be talking to Olivia but she hasn't spoken about those people who are controlling her. Looks like I would have to talk to her or communicate with her personally if I want to know the answers.

"I see. By chance, if Selene ever pays you a visit again, can you give her this?" I handed her a letter I wrote in class. I know it's a little bit old-school to use letters but I don't know if people like Selene uses mobile phones. I know it's rude to think they're a bunch of uncivilized people, but who knows? Well, it's safe to just do this. That way I know Selene will be the one to read it.

"Sure. I'll give her this letter and let her know you visited me. It's not everyday I get to have visitors, you know." She chuckled.

"Thank you so much. That would mean a lot to me." I smiled at her as I stood up.

"Anytime, Heather."

"Heaven. Just call me Heaven." I insisted.

"Alright, Heaven." She said and smiled.

I headed out the door and proceeded to my locker to change into my practice uniform. I still have fifteen minutes so I should be good.

"There you are. I've been looking everywhere for you. Where have you been?" Errine suddenly popped out of nowhere and scared the crap out of me.

"Christ, Errine!" I gaped.

"Sorry." She sniggered.

"I just have to finish something off before I headed here." I lied.

"Oh, I see. I thought you sneaked out a date with your boyfie. He went missing right after class, too."

I almost forgot. Errine, Kohell and I go to one class. And that's Chemistry.

"We didn't. And we don't have time for that." I said as I closed my locker door.

"Or maybe now you do. Boyfriend, six o'clock." Errine pointed behind me.

I span to face the direction she pointed at and Kohell with all his glorious athletic tone and vibe glides his way onto us.

I was sure other girls inside the locker room are half naked or whatever but none of them complained. And that's just a pain to think. Because they seem to be showing off all those curves, bumps and humps for his eyes to feast on. Wait, am I acting like a jealous fake girlfriend? But seeing him right now, his eyes are nowhere but fixated on me. Should I be flattered? Or be intimidated?

"Hello, baby doll." He began. And I can hear Errine giggle.

"What on seven hells are you doing here?" I asked, feeling slight uncomfortable.

"Don't you miss me? Because I missed you." He said sweetly. I remained gawking at him and I can't tell if he's faking it or that one is true.

"So it's true. They're really together. She's so lucky." Said a girl on the side.

"Or not." Said the other girl who's kinda bitchy if you'd ask me.

"Just ignore them, 'cause I do." Kohell cut in.

"There's nothing they can say that can alter what I think about you." I answered. And I don't mean any romance in that. It's up for them to figure that one out. It's either I'm lucky or just unfortunate.

"You're so sweet, girlfriend." He said and he put his hand on my head and messed my hair up like only a Kohell Damien Treyson can.

"That's sweet of you too. To turn my pretty blonde hair into a mess, boyfriend." I put emphasis on the word boyfriend.

"I know you love that." He said and messed it up some more.

I put his hand away and asked, "Again, why are you here? It's the girl's locker room. Are you lost?"

"Nope, I have sense of direction better than anyone else. I actually wanted to talk to you before any other guy from the team does it first. They've been planning to talk to you since they knew you were my girlfriend. You know, to get on my nerves."

"What do you mean?"

"There's a pre-game party later at Gavin's dorm room. And I wanted to go to that party with you."

"Pre-game? Party? Aren't you supposed to be resting for the big game?"

"Hellhounds don't need those." Said a girl from behind. It was Kim. One of the pioneers in the squad. I've heard a lot of rumors that Kim has her eyes fixed on Kohell for quite some time. That explains the tone of bitchiness.

"That's pretty...unusual."

"Well, you don't know them like I do." She said. And I don't know but she's got that kind of attitude that's...bitchy.

"I'm new here and I wasn't able to watch any of their games from before. So it's safe to say that I don't know anything about them. That explains how clueless I am of their, uhm, pre-game routine."  I answered. You're not the only girl with an attitude, sister.

"Exactly. The same reason why I wonder how you got yourself a quarterback." She said.

Oh no, sister. You're messing with the wrong girl. Somebody must tell this chick that her mouth's way too big.

I was about to lash out but Kohell cut in, "Don't worry, girlfriend. I'll walk you through everything there is to know about us. It's cute how clueless you are right now and you got me, other than being all knowing and yet couldn't find herself even a benchman." Kohell stoked the fire, folks! He's so sweet.

Kim's face turned red and walked out of the room furiously.

"That was...intense." Errine said.

"Did you see her face? It looks like she's going to cry." I laughed. "Great job, by the way, Kohell."

"Anything for you, girlfriend." He winked at me. "I'll wait for you after practice. Get it?"

I nodded.

"Can I come? Please please." Errine butted in.

"You're part of the squad, Errine. So you're pretty much invited."

"All the girls from the squad are invited? So Kim's there."

"Don't mind her. Don't go home alone. Wait for me, okay?" He asked.

"Like I have much choice."

"Good. See you. Don't sweat too much."

"You too."

He did a salute and headed out. The girls finally went back to what they were doing before Kohell came.

"I don't know if that's acting because you both came out naturally." Errine nudged me and teased.

"Stop it." I said and headed out to the field.

***

Right after practice, I headed back to the lockers and changed into a more comfy clothes before heading home. Kohell's just outside, again, waiting for me.

I met up with him on one of the bleachers and we walked home together.

"Do I really have to go to that party?" I asked.

"Yes." He answered sheepishly.

"Is there a problem?" I asked.

"The boys from my team and the girls from the squad are planning to do a little initiation for the newbies on the team. And it means, shots."

"But that would mean.. Wait, I'm one of the newbies. So I have to do some shots too?" I gaped.

"That's why I wanted you to be with me all the time during the party. You got it?"

"Yeah yeah."

"How many shots can you take?" He asked.

"Depends on the liquor. 4-7 give or take. 7 shots and I'm floating."

"They'll ask you how much you can take and you have to lie. They'll add 5 shots to your quota. So you have to say, 3 shots. And that you don't drink much." He instructed.

That's sweet of him for giving me a little briefing before the event.

"Copy."

"Don't worry. I'll be there to back you up."

"I guess, thank you?"

We arrived at the dorm room and he said we better have something to eat before the initiation party slash pre-game. And so he order some Korean food and after that asked me to get dressed.

Alone in my rental room, I contemplated my possible actions at the party later. It will be the first time Kohell would show me off as his girlfriend and I still don't know how to react to that.

We'll be out in the open with people who might as well want to grab my hair and incinerate it because, hello? My 'boyfriend' is the quarterback.

I sighed. May the odds be ever in my favor.

Now what to wear?

***

HELLO CHASERS!

It's great to be back. Expect a few updates here and there. (: I miss you guys so much.

More people are reading Chasing Hell and adding it to their reading lists and I'm truly grateful for you guys. Thank you so much!

Please let me know what you think about this update. Leave comments below. :)

Love and misses you all,
Chachi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 278 43
Luke never really liked the fact that his best friend Calum spent most of his time following another guy around, especially somebody who was so popul...
72 1 13
Hannah is a young girl who lives on the outskirts of town Hannah longs to escape predictable village life where she is relentlessly romantically purs...
467 6 32
"Lucy listen to me! Everything is going to be ok. Trust me" "Calum... I can't trust you. He's already ruined my life before so how do I know you won'...
59.9K 1.5K 72
When Emily and her best friends visit a signing for their favourite band the vamps everything you could possibly imagine goes wrong. Someone needs an...