Catch Me If You Can (Naughty...

By book_hook

Austin unclenched his jaw and spoke, "You're going to run from me." I was puzzled. What did he mean? He sense... More

1 Taken
2 Approval
3 Dressup
5 Surprise!
6 Vampire..
7 Embarrassment
8 Dmitri
9 White Love
10 Secrets
11 Confrontation
12 Betrayal
13 Friends?
14 The Hunt
15 Fat Elephant
16 Engaged
17 Escape Plan
18 Catch Me
19 I Promise
20 I Do
21 intimate
22 My Fault
23 Chels
24 Something New
25 Rewind
26
27 - Paris
28 - History
29 Cold Shoulder
30 Traitor
31 New Perspective
32 Thrown Away
33 Last Chapter
34 - Finale Part 2
Part 35

4 Royalball

14.9K 575 57
By book_hook

"Who's Miss Covington?" I asked him remembering my meet with the lady who looked like a maid or a servant - by her clothes and the way she bowed at me.

He stopped waking and turned to look at me shocked.

"WH-Why?" He asked looking into my eyes.

"N-Never mind," I said because of his shocked expression. "I'll explain later," And looked away.

He searched my face for a moment longer before nodding and turning away letting go of my arm. I hurried and caught up to him at his side. He led me to the hall with lots of space that he brought me in earlier. We stood in front another two large double doors. I could hear music and I sucked in a breath as he opened the doors. We stepped inside.

Here goes.

**

If I didn't know where I was, I'd actually think it was a dream. Still, I couldn't catch up to reality even though I knew we were in a real castle. Where? I don't know yet. But the reason why I was now convinced that this wasn't reality was the ball room - or wherever the ball was being placed.

We took one step inside and He kept his arm looped in mine and just stopped there. I was guessing he was just letting me see what it looked like first. I looked around - the table at the sides with fancy tablecloths - the people sitting at the table looking like they were wearing a million dollars at the very second - the dance floor where everyone would dance - and up ahead a large staircase and two thrones with steps leading up to it. There was a man and a woman in the chairs but I couldn't see them from so far away. I was about to ask him who they were when he started walking forward.

I was pulled forward, but I caught up to him pulling my arm and we walked down the dance floor. I heard cheers and clapping. I looked around and they were all looking at us. I looked to Him questioningly (a/n - him meaning the masked man).

"Why is everyone clapping?" I whispered to him. He was about to respond when someone whistled.

"Covington! Woooh-hoooo!" They cheered and more people chanted with the man who said it. Covington ... as in Ms. Covington? Did they think I was 'Ms Covington' as well?"

He didn't reply to my question so I walked with him wherever he was taking me. We continued walking down the dance floor - the cheers were done but everyone was still watching us. I realized that He had stiffened after the comment about Covington. I'd got to figure out who she was! I bet we didn't look anything alike!

He stopped at the throne. I stopped too and looked at him waiting for him to guide me.

I got a good look now at the man and woman on the thrones. The man had a golden crown, was in a black tux with a royal red tie and his eyes were a stunning gold. I'd never met anyone with gold eyes. His skin had few winkles but he had mostly clear white skin.

The woman in the throne was wearing a red dress, with a crown looking very alike to the man's crown - although hers was more ... beautiful. She too had shining gold eyes, clear white skin, and a royal smile on her face but I could tell they were both ones with lots of power.

"Son," The man said and I was startled. Son? He was their son?

"Yes, King Woods?" He asked in the most polite tone I'd ever heard in my voice.

Wait - King Woods? This was the king and Queen? And if their last name was Woods... Then, His name was... 'Someone' Woods?

"Who's the lady?" The queen asked and I looked at her. Was she talking about me?

Before He could respond, King Woods cut in.

"Darling, it's Covington, Lady Covington obviously," he said in a sweet and obvious tone. No it wasn't! I wanted to yell now. I noticed His eyes grew large at the sound of Covington's name again.

"Can I talk to you... alone?" I said quietly to the masked man but with an urgent note in my voice. He looked at me and nodded. He told his parents he'd be back then came and followed me to where I dragged him out of the ballroom.

"What is it?" He asked annoyed.

Why was he so annoyed? At least people knew who he was!!

"Who's Lady Covington?" I demanded him. He sighed and looked away from me.

"Scarlet -"

I cut him off.

"DON'T call me Scarlet. If I have to call you 'masked man', you can call me by a fake name too," I said with a rush of attitude.

He stared me down but I didn't back down. Sighing, he started, "Why do you care who she is?" He asked finally.

"Because! Everyone's calling me Lady Covington, and ... and... I'm not her," I said 'I'm not her," Quietly. I was tired of this ball already.

"You don't need to know her," he said calmly.

He probably didn't know that I get mad easily. Well not easily, but when I am mad, I go ape shit on people.

"Why can't I know?!" I yelled in his face. He looked shocked.

He stayed calm but gritted through his teeth. "Because! It's none of your god damn business who she is!" he said and shut up when the door to the ballroom opened.

A girl my height, with a green mask and dress on walked out. She looked really good with her expensive jewelry - but who was she? I looked over at the masked man. We were a little e far from the door so the girl wasn't looking our way yet - but his eyes were glued on her with a frown.

"We need to get out of here," He whispered. I looked back to the girl about to ask him why but she was looking at us. Her eyes shone and she walked towards us.

"No," I said through my teeth as I smiled at the girl walking towards us - she smiled back. Hmm... friendly, I decided.

He sighed and turned to face her - whoever she was - when she approached us. She smiled and I felt awkward standing with them.

"Hey Austin!" She greeted excitedly. Austin? That was his name?

Austin Wood. Nice.

"Hello Cov - Charlotte!" he said with less excitement but with emotion.

They hugged, and when they let go, she seemed disappointed. She turned to me as if she just realized I was standing there. "Hi... I haven't seen you around at all," She said curiously but with some politeness.

I opened my mouth but shut it when Austin spoke instead. "Yes, but we're in a rush so"

"No!" I said quickly. "I'd like to introduce myself," I said to him pointedly. Charlotte just smiled at me. I smiled back and held out my hand. "Hi, I'm Scarlet. Scarlet Price," I said shaking my head with a smile. She smiled back.

"Charlotte Covington," She said sweetly. She let go of my hand and straightened up. "I'm sure you've heard of me," She said proudly.

Oh... I have.

So this was the famous Lady Covington? I don't know why I was so surprised. She was beautiful. And although I couldn't see some of her face because of the mask I knew that whatever was hiding was going to be beautiful as well. One question was ringing n my head though:

How could anyone mistake her for me?

She held her head high and looked of high power - like Austin sort of. But I also hadn't seen his face and I was sure he'd also be stunning.

Although, I hated him for kidnapping me. Sure, I'm in a freaking castle!! But that doesn't change the fact that he took me away from my true family. Being back home with the ones who loved me would feel fantastic, and I'm sure I wouldn't miss this place or the people at all.

A part of me refused to that. I pushed the thought away.

I remembered how when they hugged they didn't want to let go. "You guys can dance or whatever... I'll occupy myself with something," I said nicely addressing them both. Austin looked shocked, but Charlotte looked flattered.

"Aw, really!" She started but Austin cut her off.

"No! Scarlet, you're my date for the ball -" he stopped talking. We both realized he'd said 'date'.

"Date?" I asked raising an eyebrow. He muttered something I couldn't quite understand.

"Sorry Charlotte," he said afterwards to Charlotte. Right then the door to the ball opened up again.

A tall, fit guy with brown spiky hair. His mask was green as well. The same shade as Charlotte's dress. He had his eyes on Charlotte and began to walk towards us. As he approached, I noticed his eyes were a gray with blue specks in them. I'd never seen anybody else's like that, until now.

"You coming, Charlotte?" He asked her. Then he looked at me as if again he just noticed I was standing there. "Hi, I'm Rick Malambri," he introduced himself and bowed. Wow - why was he bowing to me as if I was royal and important?

"Hello," I said nicely. I smiled and he smiled back. I saw that Austin had tensed up.

Charlotte cleared her throat. He looked at her as if remembering she was still there. "Oh... are you done here?" He asked her.

"Actually, she was just leaving," Said Austin. Charlotte gave me a small glare before walking off with Rick. Once they walked back into the ballroom, I turned to Austin.

"So, your name's Austin Woos?" I asked with a glare.

He sighed. "Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me before?"

"Because it's not important."

"How? If it's not important, what is?"

"You are."

Silence...

"How am I important? You're the King and Queen's son! And I'm important?" I asked shocked and amazed. What was wrong with him?

"You're important to me. Okay?" He said with a slight stubborn tone.

"You don't know anything about me, Austin."

"Scarlet" He said. "I know the basics... And I know I don't know you well. I need you for something else and that's why you're important."

"So I'm being used," I said sad.

He gave a weak smile. "No." I just gave him a blank look as we stared at each other for another moment. "C'mon, let's go dance." He guided me back into the ball room and we danced and had fun.

After two hours at a good ball, we finally left, barely slipping out before Charlotte approached us.

We danced to slow songs, talked, and danced through fast songs. The king and queen had spoken at the end as well. I was called Lady Covington over and over again. Had they not seen her already or something? We walked away from the spacious hall outside the ballroom and he led me up the staircase we had come down from.

When we passed my bedroom I was surprised he didn't stop at it. We went through a corridor. I had no idea where he was taking me but I didn't think it was a good place.

"Austin?" I asked. He looked at me as we continued walking. "Where are we going?" I asked tired.

He chuckled and looked at me straight in the eye. "The roof," he said with passion. I was taken aback. The roof? At the roof there were pointy parts like any other castle... It wasn't flat at all. I didn't complain, just let him guide me as we passed through corridors, climbed many stirs, and finally stopped in front of a redwood door. He opened it and we stepped up a staircase that went about twenty feet high. We stopped at another gray door that didn't look fancy at all. He opened it with a key he had in his pocket, and escorted me through.

We were on the smooth part of the roof - we were surrounded by ditches in the roof, coned roofs etc. It was dark out but there were plenty of lights around. The sky was midnight blue illuminated, and they were on a freaking castle which made it all look so good.

"Why are we here?" I asked suspicious. "Besides the wonderful view, I mean."

He turned to face me. He was standing a meter away from me. "Are you ready to see my face?" he asked, smiling.

"You say it as if I worship you," I said getting mad. This guy kidnapped me. He thinks I'm dying to see his face but he's funny if he thinks I'm in any position to fall in love with him anytime soon. I just wanted to go home!

As I said that his eyes turned grave. He probably wasn't used to being insulted. He was suddenly at my side whispering into my ear using the same whisper he used in the very start when I'd met him in that cave where he pulled me by the collar of my blouse.

"I know you want me," he said backed up just enough to see my face and winked. I elbowed him in the stomach and he staggered back. He was now standing in front of me, arms crossed, smirking. I hated this guy.

"You wish," I spat at him. His eyes softened, and he wiped the smirk of his face and changed it to a smile.

"Okay, okay. I get it...." He grinned and put a sad look in his eyes. "You can see my face now or ... you can see it, well, let's say never." He smiled and waited for me to answer.

"Okay. Take the freaking mask off then," I said exasperated.

He grinned and began to take off his mask very slowly. When he took it off I gasped. He was... hot, cute. And now when I looked him up and down from his dirty blond hair to his face to his suit to his dress shoes, I saw his charm.

A voice in the back of my head yelled, "Stop thinking of him that way! You will not create feeling for this man!" Right. No feelings...

"Done checking me out," he asked with a smirk, which snapped me out of my reverie.

"Ha ha," I said bitterly rolling my eyes.

"Well?" he asked me. When I looked at him blankly he sighed. "It's your turn to take off your mask, y'know."

I looked at him suspiciously for a minute, and then slowly took off my mask. He smiled, pleased that I cooperated.

As I took it off and held it at my side, I heard him gasp, slightly. He's seen me before... What was so shocking? He just kept on staring at my face. I cleared my throat and his eyes mat my gaze.

"Are we done here?" I asked tired.

he chuckled and came to my side. "See, that's the thing about living in a castle with me," He said staring at the sky. "You have to be patient with me, or we won't get anywhere." He glanced at me and smirked.

Ha. "You want to get somewhere? Well, I want to get back to my room so I can get dressed!" I was mad, of course. He's a pain and I just want to change and sleep!"

We stared hard at each together for a brief moment. I finally broke the stare and sighed.

"Goodnight," I mumbled, and pulled opened the door. I went down the staircase and through the halls until I reached my bedroom. I opened the door and ran to my closet.

Throwing all my clothes off and dressing into a night suit, I jumped into bed and fell into sleep, right away.

** what do ya think?! pls comment and vote pls! :) means a lot, and when you vote+comment, thats how ppl get known, and i rlly want this book to be known because i have a great stroy ahead! (: pls fan me , if you havent also!

I need 200 fans to be a part of watty awards. im at 61 and im in watty awards, but to be in the top categories i need 200 fans! so pls if you havent already but you're reading this msg and my books, fan! :)

it would mean A LOT.

-shutupandkissmexo♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4M 198K 101
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
1K 11 37
I twist the end of the red strings that tie around my neck. My red hood flying behind me, as if wings. I hear a loud creak and turn around quickly. T...
23.4K 1.5K 70
BOOK 1 Mage Chronicles: The Beginning. New world, New family, New friends... and enemies, Multiple mates? Kidnap, murder. A crown she wasn't ready...
3.7K 133 77
"I will always find you. No matter where, no matter how far. I will. Always. Find. You." He snarled at me, so close I could feel his breath hitting m...