19 I Promise

"Scarlet, get your ass out of that room or I'll be forced to break this door down!" Dmitri yelled for the umpteenth tine.

Ugh. I had no doubt in my mind that he'd destroy me and this room if I didn't open the door. Groaning, I rolled out of bed and opened the door.

"What." I said, glaring at him. He was wearing a leather jacket and jeans. His dark hair which contrasted with his fair skin was overwhelming. He looked like a badass.

"Finally. You humans sleep like hibernating bears," He said, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"Don't act like you know how I sleep," I said, crossing my own arms. He raised an eyebrow. "Before you make a comment about my bedhair, or my clothes, I'm going to go get ready. I can't wait to find out why you're bothering to wake me up, anyways," I said, and shut the door on his face. I could hear his deep chuckle through the walls.

I didn't have many clothes with me. I had the few tops that I brought, a few jeans, two hoodies and one skirt. I decided to put on wedged boots, with light jeans and a lilac chiffon on top. After brushing my teeth and combing through my bed hair, I was finally ready to go. I wasn't trying to impress anyone anymore so I didn't really try to overdo myself.

I opened the door. Dmitri had been sitting on the floor, but quick as a whip, he stood up when I came out and began walking down the hall. Taking that as my cue to follow, I shut the bedroom door and hurried behind him.

"Where are we going?" I asked him. He glanced back at me.

"Have you ever heard of breakfast, smart ass?"

"Right."

We walked down the stairs silently, and I didn't mind. After walking down several hallways on the first floor, we made our way into a huge kitchen.

"Wow!" I exclaimed, as I took it in. An aura of power sweeped over me. The kicthen was huge! Cooks were busy cleaning and cooking and preparing meals. I felt like I had time travelled into the past, into a huge old kitchen. It was like nothing I'd ever seen or experienced in my life.

Dmitri walked over to an elder looking lady who was watching the cooks do their jobs. My mouth fell open when he kissed the woman on the cheek. She looked up at him and smiled.

"What are you doing here, Dmitri?" She asked.

I looked at what she was wearing. Her clothes yelled money. I looked at her face once again, saw the resemblance in the dark hair, squinted eyes and pale skin, and immediately knew.

This was Dmitri's mother.

"Just wanted to get some breakfast, it's too busy in the breakfast hall," He replied. She laughed.

I found myself wanting to look away. I felt like I was intruding on a family moment. She wasn't overpowering him and she wasn't yelling either. Her voice was soft but elderly and powerful.

Dmitri returned to me with a cart. On the cart were different breakfast dishes. Before leaving the kitchen, I turned back to look at his mom. She was back to supervising te kitchen staff. I assumed that she didn't notice me.

"Come on," Dmitri said, and he pushed the cart out of the kitchen. I followed along behind him. Instead of returning to the main foyer, we turned a hall and entered a smaller comfort room. There were two TVS, sofas, tables, and single couches. It didn't seem like it belonged in a castle and that excited me. It would feel like I was back home.

We silently packed food onto our plates. Since I chose less food, I went and sat onto a three-seated couch. I used the armrest to balance my food and began to eat.