28 - History

We walked down the busy streets of this Paris, France, and I had trouble keeping my up with everything. Every few metres there were historical landmarks where took my breath away.

"Do you like it here?" Niko suddenly said, appearing beside me.

I looked to him, surprised. "Um......" I said. I was about to respond but I saw something that caught my eye.

"Ouu!" I squealed, surprising myself anf everybody else. There was a statue that had a garden planted around it. It had my favourite - white roses.

It reminded me of one person - Austin.

I turned away quickly and was ashamed at myself for losing control for a minute. It was foolish.

I turned and realized they were all staring at me. "Well?" Ash asked.

I looked down. "I uh.. thought I saw something. Lets move on."

"You never answered," Niko said, appearing beside me again.

"It is a lot to take in, if I'm being completely honest. But it's wonderful and I can't wait to explore..." I said to him.

"That's good, we were worried about you. Anyways, it's my first time here as well so don't worry, It's all new for me too," Niko comforted.

I smiled gracefully. He winked and then joined the others. Walking behind them, I continued to gape at this wonderful land.

**

We reached a five star hotel. We were immediately checked into our rooms and our luggage was delivered for us. I was sharing a room with Veronica. We were told by the boys to dress formal. We were going to a black bow tie event. Meaning, the men wore their suits and we wore a fitting black dress to match.

I was excited. The event was at a museum and we got to dress up? that seemed like fun to me.

I think they have a plan to get something fom the museum. Porbably to steal something. Or maybe it's something else? I wasn't sure but al I knew was that it was something of great value.

I started to get ready immediatey. I took out a black dress. It was up to my mid-thighs and was tightly fitted. A golden zipper ran down the back. It was cinched at the chest and accentuated my skin. For some reason, it made me look paler than usual.

I left my hair in the waves they were in. Sine it had grown about an inch since my haircut, it now fell just below my shoulders. I put on black stilettos. I looked across the room. Veronica looked like me, but of course, her vampire beauty was outstanding and made me look like...

Well, like a human. Mortal.

"You ready?" She asked me, grabbing her purse. I nodded nervously. After looping her arm in my own, we took the elevator to the main lobby.

I was nervous. And I was ashamed to admit it to her. We were supposed to be here to have fun, and I didn't want to be the one to ruin it for everyone else.

The elevator doors opened onto the main lobby and my breath caught. Across the lobby, near the doors, were the vampire men.

Ash, Caine, Meeka, Niko.

Dmitri.

Veronica looked at me and winked. I guess she knew the truth - we looked hot. I smiled back at her.

Meeka was the first to realize we'd arrived. He nudged the rest of the boys, and immediately their conversation stopped as their heads turned to stare.

Dmitri and I made intense eye contact. But then, it was gone. The connectiom, broken. He turned away. I focused my attention on the rest of them. While Niko was staring at me, Ash was making intense eye contact with Veronica.. and Caine and Meeka took their time staring at both of us.