27 - Paris

Hey everyone! This update took so long I'm so sorry! Please vote to show your support of you liked it and also if you're looking forward to the next update! Thanks love you :)

I'd packed three suit cases and 1 duffle bag. I had shivers running down my spine and goose bumps along my arms - I was nervous.

This morning I found a note on my door, telling me I'd be picked up from the castle at 7am from a limo. So, here I was, waiting at the front of the castle. waitng for the limo that would take me to Dmitri and his friends.
I sighed. Last night's encounter had left me resless all night. Austin? he had way too much ego and authority. And stealth. he could not just barge into my room like that. No.

I could feel the burden of Austin's words weighing me down. I was his biggest mistake? In the moment, when he said it to me, I'd been mad but I didn't really think it through.
It was a mistake, but I was growing to like this mistake a whole lot. He brought me here, and he should be the one to deal with the consequences.

My thoughts drifted to Dmitri. He'd heard it all last night. I was nervous to face him.

During my trance, I hadn't even realized that a vehicle was approaching me, so I was surprsed when the wheels screeched and stopped in front of me. Startled, I looked up. the limo was here.

The driver's door opened and out came a handsome gentlemen who was wearing classy clothing. I couldn't see his face, since he was opening the back seat door with his back turned to me. he was lean and tall.

He began to walk towards me and Iwaited for him to look up. he was wearing a fancy hat, and his hair was falling across his forehead stylishly, in a way that I still couldn't see his face.

He looked up.

Miles.

he smiled big and took my hand. I stood there dumbfounded at my lack of recognition. How had I not realized that that was him? He all but dragged me to the back seat door of the limo.
"I had no idea you knew how to drive," I commented.

He laughed. "You need to learn how to drive a car before you learn how to drive a carriage." He smirked and closed the door, then got into the front seat.

Since it was a limo, I couldn't talk to Miles, resulting in a really boring car ride to who knows where.

After a long drive we stopped. Miles promptly openers my doors and let me out. I took in my surroundings:

We were parked in front of a large green field, which contained numerous paths to different forests and gardens. in the centre of the field was a castle-looking structure, but smaller. Its exterior was beautiful: smooth gray stone with deep mahogany wood as doors and window panels, which both accented each other. A mini garden surrounded the building, and large steps led up to it.

"What is this place?" I asked Miles, unsure of what I was supposed to do here.

"It's a... I don't know how to explain it without confusing you. But anyways, Dmitri's waiting for you inside. I'd drop you off but I have places to go. He'll explain everything."

At the mention of Dmitri, a lump formed in my throat.

I thanked Miles and turned around to make the lonely walk to the building but Miles tugged my arm and brought me back to face him.

"Wha-?" I started to say but he caught me off.

"You're crazy to go off with a bunch of vampires. I can't believe you've lasted this long with us, honstly Scarlet. Look, you're leaving for a long ttime. To a foreign country. You know they're dealing with some sketchy business. Promise me you'll be safe."
I teared up unexpectedly at his warm words.