16 Engaged

The next morning I woke up early due to the bright sun shining on my face. I stretched and automatically winced. My muscles were sore from the night before, most likely because of all the running and the paintball fight.

I shut my eyes and tried to go back to sleep but it was useless. There was no way I could fall back asleep with so much on my mind. At that moment, my bedroom door unceremoniously opened and Austin walked in.

I smiled and sat up.

"Good morning Scarlet," He said and kissed me lightly on the cheek. Unsatisfied, before he could pull away, I put my arms around his waist and pulled him down onto the bed. He landed on top of me.

Rolling out from under him, I kissed him lightly then sighed. "I'm sore."

"Let me fix that," he said, sitting behind me. He brought his cold hands to my temple and began to massage me slowly. I let myself relax as his hands moved down to my neck, shoulders, and arms. I smiled. We hadn't had a nice moment together in a while. He took his time, making sure he didn't press too hard and hurt me. I felt safe.

When he was done with my arms, he wrapped his own arms around my waist from behind. "Better?"

I laughed, "Yes. Thank you!"

He poked me then got up and out of my bed.

"Come on. We're going to go catch some breakfast and you can tell me all about your adventure last night," He said, walking to my bedroom door.

"Only if you tell me about yours," I said quietly. I know he heard because he froze at the doorway but I avoided looking him in the eye and went into my closet. I quickly dressed in black jeans and a purple chiffon, brushed my teeth and slipped on some sandals.

When I walked out, he silently took my hand and we went downstairs.

After gathering some pancakes, sausages, muffins, and juice, we both say down. Mr. and Mrs. Woods were also in the breakfast hall, though they were eating at their own table. My view point in then had changed, since they were the type of parents who dictated the life of their child, Austin. It just wasn't right.

We began to eat and I made sure my mind was blocked so that Austin couldn't prod inside my head. Blocking my thoughts has become second nature to me.

"Best breakfast ever," I said, sipping some juice. "Feels like I'm back home." I gave him a small smile. He smiled back but didn't comment.

"So where did you guys go?" He asked me once he finished his whole meal.

"We went to a mall."

He smirked and then laughed. "Didn't know they liked to shop."

I laughed but it died quickly. "No. It's sort of hard to explain... We climbed into the roof, entered the mall, and played hide and go seek. They all looked for me," I paused. It felt weird explaining the parts with Dmitri, for some reason. "Dmitri found me first. We got paintball guns and caught the others. They were so pissed that Dmitri and I won but we all had fun. We then left the mall and yeah... then I came home." I finished my story without telling him about my conversation with Dmitri.

I looked to Austin. His hands were in fists. "You climbed a wall? And how the hell did you guys leave the mall? Cause I'm sure as hell you didn't leave from the front entrance!"

My mouth fell open. He was furious and I don't even know why!

"Dmitri held me over his shoulder an he climbed the wall - successfully. And also, we left from the roof. They threw me off and Dmitri caught me. No big deal."