5 Surprise!

Previously On Naughty Cinderella

He chuckled and came to my side. "See, that's the thing about living in a castle with me," He said staring at the sky. "You have to be patient with me, or we won't get anywhere." He glanced at me and smirked.

Ha. "You want to get somewhere? Well, I want to get back to my room so I can get dressed!" I was mad, of course. He's a pain and I just want to change and sleep!"

We stared hard at each together for a brief moment. I finally broke the stare and sighed.

"Goodnight," I mumbled, and pulled opened the door. I went down the staircase and through the halls until I reached my bedroom. I opened the door and ran to my closet.

Throwing all my clothes off and dressing into a night suit, I jumped into bed and fell into sleep, right away.

Chapter 5

"Rise and shine..." I heard a muffled melodious voice, as my eyes fluttered open from my sleep. I rubbed at them consciously, squinted my eyes; un-squinted them, and realized who it was.

Austin.

I jolted up right and right out of bed, feeling a little dizzy after moving so quickly.

"Why are you in my room?" I asked annoyed.

"Because I wanna be," He said grinning, taking a step towards me.

I sighed and nodded. "Okay so, what do you want then?" I asked with attitude.

"Welll..." he started to say. It was just last night that he'd taken off his mask, for the first time and I got to see his real face. And memories of people calling me 'Lady Covington,' were stuck in my head too. "Okay just get dressed into something from your closet that would look nice in this nice summer weather, today. Brush your teeth, take a shower, all that." he waved a hand as if to not put pressure on it. "Oh and PLEASE, do something with your hair!" he said annoyed. My mouth dropped open. How dare he wake me up and demand and insult e this way.

He saw my expression and smirked. "You'll catch a fly, close your mouth." I closed it and scowled at him. He smiled and tuned away, leaving. Before he left he turned and clapped his hands.

"C'mon! You've got half an hour! I'll be here in 30 minutes to pick you up." Fed up with his face, I picked up a royal pillow and through it in his direction. I looked up to see if I missed - somehow he'd slipped out of the room in less than a second! Leaving the pillow to hit the wall... Strange.

I jumped out of bed and did what he said - took a shower, brushed my teeth, went to pee in my huge washroom that was attached to my royal bedroom. Everything had to be called royal! I was so amazed still at the opportunity I was given... To be in a real castle? It was truly amazing.

Finally, after fifteen minutes I went to my closet. He said there was nice summer weather this morning. Was he planning on taking me somewhere outside? Probably. I looked through everything, and settled on an orange tube-top dress, with white and black flowers styled on it. It was a perfect fit - like everything else in the closet - and looked flattering. Sighing, I took out some white expensive looking sandals and walked out to my dresser.

What was wrong with my hair? He'd said he wanted me to change it? I will.

I had five minutes left. I straightened my bangs, pull my hair up and clipped it so it hung nicely on my head, almost like a pony tail. I left my face natural, the way I liked it.

*Knock, knock, knock.*

I turned around to face the door. He was here. I put on my sandals and walked to the door opening it.

He looked at me up and down and smiled - I didn't return the smile, but simply walked past him down the hall.

In a second he'd caught up - was he an athlete? No, no, he was faster than a regular good athlete, he was super fast. It was creeping me out.

"Scarlet."

I glanced at him out of the corner of my eye, and kept on walking down the hall.

I was tugged back. I turned to look at him, because he grabbed my hand and tugged my backwards.

"What?" I asked annoyed.

He pulled me close to him. He held my arms in his hands and was holding me creepily close. I could feel his breath and frankly I wanted to get away, although his stunning features were drawing me into him.

"Ignoring me won't help, princess." He whispered.

I gasped a little in my throat. Princess? I was about to yell at him when suddenly I remembered why we were even here. I took his arms off me and backed a step away.

I held out an arm so he could put his through mine and we could walk together. "Why chit-chat when we could go where you were planning, no?" I asked placing a fake smile on my face; he seemed surprised but quickly looped his arm in mine.

"Yes, yes. Follow me." We walked down the halls, staircase, until we reached the ball room.

"Um, I thought we were going outside?" I asked confused.

"Yes, one moment." He unleashed his arm from mine and walked to the throne. He picked up a basket and came towards me. "We're going on a picnic." He said as he looped an arm around me. "Follow me."

I was puzzled but followed him out the gates and onto the pathway, nonetheless. Again, as I walked down the path, I was stunned by the roses and lilies planted. They looked magical, as if they didn't even need to be watered to stay healthy and alive.

Everything here, and everyone, seemed so perfect and incredibly flawless. How would I ever fit in?

We walked for a while until we were in the middle of a large field with gardens, fountains, and birds chirping. The sun was shining. And I loved the way I felt in my dress and clipped hair - free.

"Austin?" I asked.

Suddenly the whole picnic area was set up in two seconds. How had that happened?!?

"Yes, Scarlet?"

I couldn't speak, still wondering what had happened. "You... You - how'd you set up so quickly?" He looked shocked and became even paler than he already was. "And how'd you dodge the pillow I through, so quick? And catch up to me me less than a second in the hall?" I crossed my arms over my chest and waited for a reply while also tapping my foot on the ground impatiently.

"I- I" he seemed to stutter and I realized it was the first time he'd ever been confused and had nothing to say. He finally sighed and looked down shaking his head. He turned away and started to walk in the opposite direction. I grabbed his arm and turned him around - he didn't resist.

"Explain." I said it in a sweet voice that would surely make him spill his guts.

He looked at me with a long stare until he sighed again.

"I'm... I'm going to hold your hand, so that when you try to run away from me from what I tell you, you can't go anywhere."

"But why would I run?" I asked but he shushed me with a finger on my mouth and he sighed once more.

"I didn't mean for you to figure it out so fast ... I've completely failed on being secretive but..." I waited for him to continue, completely lost.

"But... Scarlet, I'm a vampire."

***

He he so I can't really type much right now because I'm sick ! :$ but I thought I'd stop it here. Any ideas on how scarlet will react? Vote, fan, comment if you liked ! (: <33