Mental

Від imsh00k

"If you came here looking to lose your will to live, then you've found the right place." "It feels like home... Більше

Prologue
Chapter Two|Casual Affair
Chapter Three|I Wanna Be Free
Chapter Four|Hurricane
Chapter Five|Do You Know What I'm Seeing
Chapter Six|New Perspective
Chapter Seven|Stall Me
Chapter Eight|Build God, Then We'll Talk
Chapter Nine|I Constantly Thank God for Estaban
Chapter Ten|Far Too Young To Die
Chapter Eleven|Mad As Rabbits
Chapter Twelve|But It's Better If You Do
Chapter Thirteen|Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time
Chapter Fourteen|Bittersweet
Chapter Fifteen|She Had The World
Chapter Sixteen|Always
Chapter Seventeen|I Write Sins Not Tragedies
Chapter Eighteen|The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide...
Chapter Nineteen|The End Of All Things
Chapter Twenty|Northern Downpour
Chapter Twenty-Øne|Trade Mistakes
Chapter Twenty-Two|Memories
Chapter Twenty-Three|This is Gospel
Chapter Twenty-Four|Girl That You Love
Chapter Twenty-Five|Sarah Smiles
Chapter Twenty-Six|Nine In The Afternoon
Chapter Twenty-Seven|Crazy=Genius
Chapter Twenty-Eight|That Green Gentleman
Chapter Twenty-Nine|Miss Jackson
Chapter Thirty|She's A Handsome Woman
Chapter Thirty-One|Oh, Glory
Chapter Thirty-Two|Hallelujah
Chapter Thirty-Three|The Ballad Of Mona Lisa
Chapter Thirty-Four|Nicotine
Chapter Thirty-Five|I've Got Friends In Holy Spaces
Chapter Thirty-Six|Girls/Girls/Boys
Chapter Thirty-Seven|We're So Starving
Chapter Thirty-Eight|Golden Days
Thirty-Nine|Ready To Go
Epilogue
The Fanart Page
Fanart Two!!
YOU GOTTA BE YANKIN' MY NUTSACK!!

Chapter One|When The Day Met The Night

4.1K 256 714
Від imsh00k

Dan

Dan is a little afraid of meeting his new patient, Phillip Lester. Dan has read his file over, and over again trying to understand him. He's just like any other unfortunate soul that lives in Cynthia Hall. Mentally unstable, and miserable. He's no crazier than some of the past cases Dan has worked with, but he is still very nervous to meet him.

Daniel goes over some annotations scrawled in Phil's file from past sessions. They all are written from his former doctor, Maya Bradley, who had retired. People like to joke she just couldn't stand Phil anymore, and left.

Flirtatious. Poetic? Doesn't show many major acts of violence. Clever. Has problems expressing true feelings, yet emotional. Sarcastic. Daring. Gets off on making other people pissed off, uncomfortable, aroused, frustrated, or annoyed. Anger issues.

Dan sighs to himself. He can't be that bad. Dan once had a patient who just whispered Beatles songs under her breath for hours on end. Dan quite liked her, actually. She never caused much trouble, so she wasn't that much work.

Dan has always been very smart. He's quite good at talking to people as well. So, when he became a full-fledged doctor at twenty-three years old no one was that surprised. He hasn't been a psychologist for very long, but he's very good at it.

Which is exactly why he was assigned Philip Michael Lester.

The mystery head case.

Phil has been at Cynthia Hall for nine years. Nine agonizing years with little signs of improvement. He was twenty-six years old. The same age as Dan. Dan hoped that Phil wouldn't treat him any differently because he was so young.

Dan looks at the little picture in the corner of Phil's file. Dan had to admit that Phil was very attractive. He had black hair that was slightly messy from running his fingers through it so much, and he had pretty, thin, pink lips. His skin was pale white like a daisy, and it contrasted well with his hair, but it was Phil's beautiful blue eyes that Dan liked. They had a hint of crazy, and a splash of sadness. Dan read faces for a living, and Phil's sure had a lot of emotion.

"Wow, he's hot." Dan mumbled to himself.

"I'm sorry, did you say something Doctor Howell?" Nurse Linda asks.

Dan quickly closes the file out of surprise, "Oh, uh no." he says, "I was just talking to myself." He forces a weak smile.

Linda smiles back, "Keep talking to yourself, and I might mistake you for one of the patients." she says.

Dan chuckles, and shakes his head, "I'm starting to go crazy anyway."

Linda walks away smiling, but then she turns around abruptly remembering her reason for entering his office in the first place.

"Oops, I'm sorry, Doctor I forgot to tell you that it's time to meet Philip." she says.

Dan's eyes widen, "Like, right now?" he asks.

She smiles, "Yep. He's waiting for you in his room."

"Isn't he supposed to meet me in here?"

"You will meet with him every other time in here, but today he said he wanted you to come to him. That way he can...um...watch you leave." Linda says biting her lip.

Dan raises an eyebrow, and clears his throat, "He said he wanted to watch me leave?" Dan asks.

Linda looks embarrassed. "Y-yes."

Dan laughs, "Um, alright then."

Dan was still nervous, but some of it had been replaced with curiosity. Was Phillip always this way?

Dan stands up bringing his notepad, and Phil's file with him. He adjusts his glasses, and his vest before walking out of his office towards room 10-19. There wasn't actually that many rooms, but every room started with '10' because they were in building ten of Cynthia Halls Medical Care Facility. Building ten was the mental ward.

When Dan got to Phil's room he froze. He really hopes nothing happens. Well, here goes nothing.

Dan opens the door, and Phil perks up immediately. There is a table, and chair in the middle of the room that have been moved so Dan could sit. Dan smiles.

"Hello, Phillip. I'm-"

"Daniel James Howell." Phil interrupts with a smile. "I know who you are."

Dan nods, "I thought so, but because we're going to be talking to each other everyday until your recovery, or I get assigned someone else, I'd like for you to call me, Dan."

Phil smiles, "Can I call you babe?"

Dan's eyes widen. Was he serious? "You could, but I'd rather you call me Dan. 'Babe' is rather unprofessional, don't you think?"

Phil's smile never seems to leave his face. "You're missing the point, I don't care. I'll call you whatever I want. You can call me Phil." he says.

Dan nods, "Okay...Phil," Dan tries it out, "I like it."

"Good, because you just might be moaning it someday. Now sit down." Phil says smirking.

Dan gives Phil a shocked look. His last doctor wasn't kidding when she said he was flirtatious. "Um...what?" Dan says confused.

"Sit down." Phil orders.

Dan isn't fazed by the sudden change of tone. He rolls his eyes, but he sits down, and smiles at Phil. "Happy?"

Phil laughs. It's a bit insane, but Dan still likes how it sounds. "I'm never happy, babe." he answers.

Dan nods, "I know. Says here that you're a depressed, bipolar, insomniac with a high temper, and nightmare disorder. Yet, you smile more than other patient here at Cynthia."

"Labels, labels. Boring facts. They never do mention things like my amazing bed skills, and humor. I don't understand why not, it's important you get to know your newest, and most attractive, patient." Phil says smiling.

Dan rolls his eyes, "It's seems they left out narcissistic personality disorder." He says, smiling playfully.

Phil laughs, "I like you babe, you're funny, and cute."

Dan blushes, "Phil, I'm your doctor. I'm here to help you not please you."

Phil smiles, "You are helping. I think that your pretty face has healing powers."

Dan sighs, "I am afraid that that theory is the crazy talking."

"The crazy is always talking," Phil says, "Just sometimes he doesn't sound like who he is."

Dan smiles at those words. "That's very interesting, Phil." He's insanely beautiful in a way.

"So, how gay are you on a scale of one to ten?" Phil asks suddenly.

Dan scoffs in shock. Phil didn't waste time, did he? He said what was on his mind a lot for someone with problems regarding expressing true feelings.

"What makes you assume I'm gay?" Dan says still scoffing.

Phil chuckles, "You walk around practically screaming 'I want a dick up my ass!' I'm surprised you even play straight."

Dan blushes again, "This session is supposed to be about you, not me." Dan says trying to hide how red his cheeks are.

"Alright, fine. I'm Phil Lester, and I am not okay. In fact I'm so un-okay that I live in a mental ward, and I just got a new doctor who is very hot. So hot that I'm considering fucking him against this stupid table right now, but the thing is he refuses to tell me anything about him. I'm bisexual. Always have been always will be. Now, I'd open up a lot more if he were to tell me a bit about himself." Phil says smiling.

Dan shakes his head with a big grin on his face. He likes Phil. He can't help it. Even though Phil makes him flush red to the point where he resembles a tomato, he likes him.

"I'm Dan Howell. I graduated at 16, and I like anime. I'm pansexual."

Phil seems satisfied with the answer. "I can't wait until you fall in love me, Dan Howell." he says with wonder, shaking his head like Dan was inferior.

Dan was extremely confused, "Excuse me?" He asks.

"Oh, nothing. Just thinking out loud." Phil says, pretending it meant nothing.

Dan opens his mouth to say something, but Phil cuts him off.

"You're too beautiful a boy for a dump like this. You could be somewhere fancier. It makes me wonder why you showed up here."

Dan laughs, "I wanted to help the people here get better." he says sincerely.

Phil's laughs echo through the mostly empty room. "Nah, it's something else." he says, "If you came here looking to lose your will to live, then you've found the right place."

Dan laughs. "It feels like home."

Phil stops smiling suddenly as he whispers, "It is my home."

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

34.1K 837 19
Phil's life was perfect up until a year ago when he came out to his parents. They disowned him and sent him to live with his sexually abusive Uncle...
83.6K 5.4K 18
'don't do that. don't act like you care. i might do something stupid, like open up to you.' {or the one where phil has a photographic memory and dan...
479K 22.7K 37
"What if I was gay?" "I'd fuck you." //Phan I was 13 when I wrote this please feel free to read anything else I wrote down the line, babes.
1.8K 215 52
[COMPLETE] dan can't feel emotions, but phil makes him feel things he has never felt before. ❝ you're not supposed to feel emotions. ❞ ❝ funnily enou...