Smile For Me (Student/Teacher)

Av PriscillaPenaIsCool

Diana Apollo was a straight A student, and never really had to work hard for it until Mr. Grant came along an... Mer

Meet The Teacher
Meet The Brothers
Tutoring Sesh No.1
The First Time...
Out Of Character
Who's Crying Now?
I'm Like A Heat Wave
The Slight Change
No More
K-hall B-hall
Meaningless
Questions
Wow You're Different
Ooh Dominance
Person, Place, Thing
Parties and Slap Boxing
The Newest Member Of The Brotherhood
No Where To Be Found
Seduction For Dummies
Lost & Found
Lay It On Me?
So Confused
Whore
No Change In The Big Change
The News
Tangled In Sheets
Garden of Clichés
Winter Break
Guilt and Gifts
Sweet Holiday
Another Secret to Keep
Possessive & Protective?
New Years
Loving The Skeptic
Ownership
Bye Bye
If You Love 'Em, Set 'Em Free
Catan & Cancün
Beach Bummin
Athazagoraphobia
What Is Modesty
"Did you love him?"
Career Day
Not Everyone Will Approve
And A Heartless Whore I Am
A Lying Bitch, Too
March 31st
Last Goodbye
Everything At Once
Safe Keeping
Fixed Or Not
"She Likes You"
Fathers
Mine
A New Friend
Every High Has A Come-Down
Sorry For What?
Shit Pt. I
Shit Pt. II
Break
Get Over It
Abdonment 101
Fast Forward
Glad
Fin Pt I
Fin Pt II

Sleep For The Soul

32.9K 958 364
Av PriscillaPenaIsCool

Also if you're into lame cliche revenge stories, check out my new book called Mind the Code: The Problem With Revenge.
Here's a quick summary:
Friendship is important.

And obviously, there's a code. Bro code, for example, doesn't accept the dating of someone else's sister, or ex-girlfriend. Sometimes it does, but rarely does that happen. Girl code is vice versa, only the rules are always stronger.

One thing is for sure, though. Screwing around with you're best friend's lover is wrong. Code or no code.

That's why after Ava walked in on her best friend, Emily, and Ava's boyfriend, Mark making out at a party, she was crushed. She had been looking for her friends with Alex, Emily's boyfriend, and Mark's best friend.

Both broken and betrayed, Alex came up with a plan.

Revenge.

Revenge is sweet, but taking it too far can cause some damage, even heartbreak.

How far will they take it to get the closure they need? After all, karma is a bitch.

But that's a different story.
Hope you check it out!
Enjoy the new chapter ♥
- cilla

I froze on the spot as if I was caught doing something bad. What was it? What had I done that was so bad? Nothing.

"Yes?" I turned around and faced him politely, and really wanting to leave.

He crossed his arms over his chest and glared at me. He just flat out leaned back and gave me this awfully mean look. He wanted me to go over to his desk. So I did, cautiously. Taking each step not too slow- but steady. I was the doe who was dodging the hunter, only I wasn't swift enough to leave unseen. Now I must escape with his eyes on me.

"I'm giving you a detention for yesterday."

I dropped my bag and the metal part made a loud noise, it echoed in his grey, depressing room. "I'm sorry, why?" It wasn't polite, because I was angry.

"Your little episode was disrespectful." He spoke angrily.

"My episode? Mine? You were the one complaining the entire time about how you had better things to do than play the babysitter, when I specifically told you that you could leave. It was your fault!" I shouted at him. I shouted. I had never talked back to teacher before, much less shouted at one. I was in for it now.

He stood up abruptly, and I saw he expected me to cower down and take a step back, but I only returned his death glare. And it irritated him. "If you don't fight with me right now, then it won't go on your record. Right now you will sit down and do something quiet until I say otherwise."

I didn't sit down. "You know how much a record of detentions means to the people who look at you for college?" He sneered, and I wanted to slap his face. Instead, I sat down reluctantly and pulled out a library book by John Steinbeck. Hoping that his theraputic writing would calm my soul.

Thirty minutes into my detention my phone went off. It was on vibrate but it was silent in his room, just him and I. So we both heard it and he shook his head to me.

I looked at it anyway then looked back at him. He wasn't looking at me, his eyes were stone hard glaring at his computer as if it was me. "It's... my brother." I told him shyly and he didn't say a word. "If he's calling it's important." I said louder this time.

He looked at me finally. "Hurry up." He grumbled and I answered quickly before Bailey hung up.

"Hey pretty Diana." He said in an apologetic tone.

"What is it?" I hurried.

"What are you up to?" He asked kindly.

"I'm in detention, what do you need?"

On the other end was a burst of laughter, and I heard my two other brothers voices in the background ask what was so funny. "She says she's in ''detention.'" He laughed again.

"I don't have time for this, why did you call?"

My brother sobered quickly with a clear of his throat. "About yesterday... We just wanted you to understand that when a family member is-"

I didn't hear the rest because I hung up quickly and slammed my phone on the desk. My face was covered in embarrassment.

My brothers spoke to me like I was a child. Like I was some kid who didn't understand the concept of war. Or that someday we wouldn't all have eachother.

There was nothing I hated more than being talked down to. Then there's the stupid fact that they actually believe we won't see him again. It could be true, but I didn't believe it because my dad is the type of man who you'd see living forever.

My phone buzzed again and moved around on the table. Austin called me this time, but I rejected it and stuffed my phone away in my bag.

The next thirty minutes was just me thinking of ways to avoid them, because they would try to come to the house. "Alright," Mr. Grant stood up and spoke boldly, making me jump. "We're done."

And he packed his things in a business backpack and I gathered mine too. I tried to rush out there as quick as possible, trying to avoid any contact with him. But we both got to the door at the same time and we looked at eachother for a minute, wondering who would go first.

Mr. Grant surprised me by huffing and stepping back to widen the door so I could leave first. I heard his door lock behind me as I walked out. His steps quickened to leave before me and we ended up walking side by side in the most painfully awkward silence. We got to the double doors and when I reached for the handle, he grabbed it and swung it open for me. I looked up at him to see his angry impatient face, so I didn't bother thanking him and rushed over to my car.

When I got home, no one was there. But that's how I liked it.

I had cereal for dinner and finished my homework, then went to bed early. It was stupid though, because I couldn't sleep. There was no way I could fully fall asleep because I was left wondering about my dad. So I picked up a pen and wrote to him.

I wrote to him about school, I talked about my teachers, about the asshole man pointlessly hated me I told him that I was doing well in school and talked about my grades, I talked about my brothers and before I knew it, it was one in the morning. After that I was wide awake.

I couldn't sleep, I just paced around my room and asked myself how tired I was. I was tired. But I couldn't stay laying down, I couldn't keep my eyes closed and I couldn't fall asleep. I drank chamomile tea, I ate a banana, I had a few cherries, I warmed up milk and honey, but nothing would make me fall asleep.

I sat down and looked at the letter once more, than twice. I couldn't send it. There would be no one to send it to, I had no clue how to do that. And the boys surely wouldn't help me with that.

When it was six in the morning I finally began to feel like I could sleep. And I had to wake up fifteen minutes later.

There was no hiding the dullness in my skin or the sleepiness in my eyes. The most I had to do was try to stay awake and alert, but it was so hard.

I had managed to do all that, but I skipped lunch and took a nap in the library. After less than a thirty minute nap, I felt more and more tired until I got to my last period with Mr. Grant.

I walked in after everyone else, and tried to keep my face hidden. It was impossible. He stood up and talked about what we needed out. Then we went over the usual written notes that had me thinking I had no idea what I was writing. I didn't bother paying attention. I was too exhausted trying to stay up, there was almost no way for me to concentrate.

It seemed like forever until the bell rung and I stood up quickly, but sat down as soon as I did because I got so dizzy. I composed myself and stood up again, slower this time, and headed to the door.

"Where are you going?" His loud voice boomed at me and made me flinch. My head throbbed with sleepy pain and I looked at him in confusion.

"Home?"

"I guess I didn't make myself clear." He said to me. "You have detention with me for the rest of the week."

My heart dropped and I wanted to cry because of my screwed up hormones from major lack of sleep. But I only sat back down and layed my head on my arms, and fell asleep.

...

"Diana." Someone nudged me softly. "Diana, wake up."

I buried my head in my arms and ignored his pleads. "Diana!" My arm was pulled put from under me and I looked up into his warm brown eyes and shivered.

Then I realized who it was and stood up quickly, bringing another painful headache to me and I almost fell back, but caught myself before he did. "You can go." He said sternly.

I ignored him and stood there, leaning onto the desk behind me and rubbed my head.

He stood at the door and waited impatiently. "Diana?" He said again, my name. He was beginning to annoy me. I was turning into a sleepy monster. "Go home and get some sleep so you can pay attention in my class." He told me passively.

My head was spinning and I just wanted to go home, but I was afraid I'd fall asleep behind the wheel. I had an idea, the idea of me sleeping in the back of my jeep until I woke up. It was almost november, so it was pretty cold. I always had a blanket in the back if my car too, usually for the drive-in theater in Ennis.

I took my stuff and walked out with him.

"Are you okay to drive," It wasn't exactly a meaningful question. The way he said it wasn't even nice. He asked it because he had to, and if he hadn't and something bad happened to me he'd be in trouble. I only nodded to him.

When I finally got to my car I got in the back and cuddled closely to my comforters. Then I heard my named called once more. I sat up and opened the door and the cool breeze made me draw closer to my blankets.

"What the hell are you doing?" Mr. Grant demanded. Was he allowed to talk to me like that?

"I'm taking a nap." I said bluntly.

"You don't expect me to be able to leave you like that do you? Someone could rob you or kill you." He didn't bother trying to sound genuine, because he wasn't. Instead he only stood there and glared at me.

"Okay." I only said and shut my door and fell asleep finally.

...

My phone was buzzing loudly. It was stuffy in my car and I began to feel like I could suffocate. I threw my door open and breathed in the fresh air, and it was pitch black outside. "Hello?" I answered alertly checking the time.

"Diana, it's nine-thirty and you still aren't home." Chris yelled at me.

"Oh.. Right sorry. I... fell asleep in my car." I told him, and got out of my car to get to the drivers seat and drove home confused and tired.

I got a few lectures. One from each brother, but they were long and drawn out. I didn't even pay attention to them. They were mostly about being home on time, being responisible if I wanted to live on my own.

I honestly didn't want to live on my own. Without them, I did. But I wanted my dad back. I showered and finished my homework the best I could. And I went to sleep again.

...

"Yeah, Austin called my brother freaking out because you weren't answering your phone." Cole Greys told me, leaning next to the locker beside mine.

Cole was Tyler Greys' brother. Tyler was Austin's bestfriend. I used to have a crush on Tyler, but I settled for liking Cole. That was in the seventh grade. "Oops." I said simply and he laughed with me. I had to admit I was still kind of attracted to him. But that was the mature side of him I liked. We were close friends more than anything.

"Are you awake now?" He asked me, pinching my elbow playfully.

"Sure. I just want to get this week over with." I sighed, having a double meaning. It mostly because I wanted to be out of having detention with Mr. Grant.

So began the rest of the day that shortly began my class with Mr. Grant and his angry glares among the class because we had no idea what he was talking about.

"If you're taking an advanced class, you have to be able to learn." He said and Ryan looked at me with wide annoyed eyes.

"Such an asshole." He mouthed to me and I nodded.

He stood at the front of the class and paced around furiously. I watched his long legs stomp each step as if he was squashing a large, mean trail of bugs.

I remembered the day before when I surprisingly woke up to stare right at him. I had never been so close to him before. It was strange and it made me uncomfortable. I never really realized his eyes were brown. They were a hot caramel brown, that just burned when looking into them. That thought made me blush.

After an hour of pointless teaching was my detention.

I felt bold. "Mr. Grant?" I turned around and his fingers that hovered over his keyboard froze and he looked at me with furrowed brows. He was completely confused to why I was talking to him. He knew I feared him, and that's how he wanted it. Well it was ridiculous, and I would no longer be afraid. "Why do you hate me?"

He looked back at his computer screen as if I hadn't said anything and kept typing. I glared at him, hard, but he didn't budge.

So I fully turned around and stared at him.

The entire time, I watched his every move until he showed his anger. "Turn around!" He snapped.

I stayed where I was.

"Diana, I'm not letting you out of detention." He growled.

"I just want to know what I did to make you detest me so much." I turned back around and tapped my fingers on my desk impatiently.

He still didn't answer.

It didn't matter anyway, it was my last year then I'd be off to college and maybe convince my father never to go back to the military again. I hated seeing him depressed and lonely.

Before I knew it, my head was in my arms again and I was fast asleep.

...

He threw a pencil at me. He threw a pencil at me. That was so dangerous. I still didn't really wake up until he was yelling my name. "Diana!"

"What." I sat up and stretched out.

"Don't sleep in detention." He spat.

I checked the time and freaked out. I had tutoring with Mr. Joseph and it already started. I grabbed my stuff quickly but I couldn't explain to him that I was being tutored in the same subject he taught with someone else.

Suddenly Mr. Grant's door opened to show the happy face of an old man. "Hello, Charles." He told Mr. Grant.

"Hello, Mr. Joseph." I found it sweet and respectful that Mr. Grant still wanted to call his elder by the proper name. But the thought vanished when he sent over a quick dagger to me.

Mr. Joseph glanced at me. "So.. we're doing it in here, no?"

I panicked inside. He was coming over to sit in front of me. Then he was sitting in front of me, and Mr. Grant was watching.

"Doing what?" Mr. Grant asked.

Innocent Mr. Joseph looked over with a smile. "Tutoring."

"In.. what?" His tone was cautious. It was a warning, saying if I was stupid enough to answer him correctly, he'd kill me.

"Calculus of course."

And Mr. Joseph slammed open his book and got right to work. "So what did you get today?" And I handed him the notes I copied down. It just got more and more worse as the old man talked.

"It's quite simple really..." And he went on to tell me what Mr. Grant was teaching. The worse part was I understood it so well from Mr. Joseph and my mean, young teacher saw that. And he wasn't happy at all.

"Oh, sir, I didn't know you were giving free tutoring. How nice." 'Charles'' tone was blunt. And he didn't look at me, thank god.

"No, it's not free. I don't do tutoring. She came in begged me and even said she'd pay more than a tutor gets!" He laughed happily. "But I still allowed her to pay the correct amount." The old man added with a playful nudge on my shoulder.

I loved Mr. Joseph. I felt so comfortable around him. He was everything Mr. Grant wasn't. Sweet, old, goofy, fun. He was like the grandpa I always wanted. I could tell he liked me too. He even told me once he wished I had been his granddaughter instead of Cecile Joseph, a Junior who was just a little brat.

Unfortunately, Mr. Joseph was too old and jolly to understand the awkward tension between Mr. Grant and I.

Finally when it was over Mr. Joseph sent his happy goodbyes and ruffled my hair like a teasing grandpa would. He laughed at my expression that said 'typical.' "Bye, dear!" He told me, then waved to Mr. Grant happily. "Bye, Charles!"

And he was gone. I wish he hadn't left.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

6.2K 116 6
She dreamed about him every night. Four years ago he left leaving her with a heartache. Amy's best friend Alice was like the sister that Amy never h...
159K 7.4K 60
JENLISA JENTOP G!P STORY PLEASE VOTE AND SUPPORT! THANKS IN ADVANCE. :)) HOPE YOU LIKE IT. ••••• Lisa wanted nothing but to live her seemingly perfec...
18.1K 441 46
Jemma isnt your typical 17 year old. Her life is busy and stressful. She thinks senior year is going to be an easy ride. She's smart and popular, and...
40.1K 3.5K 46
Coming from a conservative family Bondita needed to avoid falling in love at all costs. but that became nearly impossible when Bondita was attracted...