Mind vs. Mate

By monapedro

Mate Series: Book 2 My name is Perrie Adams and currently I am having an internal battle between my mind and... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
31
32
33
Epilogue
New Book (2020)

30

2.1K 111 6
By monapedro

Hey guys I know I'm updating like crazy but once I start I can't stop so try to keep up. I can't keep to a schedule if my life depended on it. I've made a few decisions you may not like but I hope you respect them. Anyway don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

"Use the waterproof mascara Perrie" said Dakota as I applied my makeup.

"I know I know" I said to her in annoyance "now stop distracting me".

I had gotten up eight in the morning to get ready for the ceremony. I wanted Derek to see me ready before he went to get ready himself so I was on a tight schedule. Same as last night I had basically no sleep but it was absolutely worth it. Just thinking about sent tingles all over my body.

"We got your caffeine fix Pear Bear" announced Dylan coming in "you two should ease up a bit one of you might die of sleep deprivation"

"I'm surprised you even know the word" I say taking a cup from the holder.

"He surprises us each day" said Peter.

I had informed them last night like it or not I was going to wake them up with me. Dakota woke up on her own but Peter and Dylan were a different story I had to drag them out of bed.

"OK my make up is done. What do you think?" I asked looking at them.

"Nice" said Dylan

"Come on its almost ten get your dress on" Dakota said "You two out" she told Peter and Dylan. I brought all my stuff to the downstairs guest bedroom so as not to disturb Derek. I slipped on the dress with Dakota's help and looked at myself in the mirror.

"I think I'm in love with this dress" I said twirling around. It was a strapless gold dress with a jewel encrusted belt around the waist and a long flowing skirt.

"It does look great on you" said Dakota admiring the dress.

I took the coffee cup and gulped the rest of it down I needed to stay awake for the rest of the day and not fall down of exhaustion in the middle of the ceremony.

"You should eat something too" suggested Dakota I waved the paper bag I had told Dylan to get me in front of her.

"Chicken Panini" I said taking it out "there's one for each of us call the guys back in so they can have theirs"

After gulping down my Panini I checked to see there was nothing between my teeth and redid my lipstick.

"Perrie!" I heard Derek call out.

"I need to get home" Dakota said

"Thanks for all the help" I said giving her a hug "couldn't have done it without you"

"Ehem" Dylan cleared his throat

"You guys too" I said hugging them both "thank you so much"

"Go to the Alpha. Knock him dead" said Peter with a huge grin.

I went upstairs carefully picking up my dress so as not to step on it.

"Yeah I'm here" I said coming into the bedroom.

"Where's that tie you" Derek had showered and was wearing his suit when he turned around to look at me.

"You.... you" he said looking up and down my body.

"The tie I got you" I said holding it up.

"You look amazing" he said coming towards me.

"I wanted to get ready early so you could see me before anyone else" I admitted "of course Dylan, Peter and Dakota saw me but.." I was saying but Derek put his index finger to my lips shutting me up.

"You're beautiful" he said holding me by both elbows and looking me intently in my eyes moving in for a kiss.

"I have a full face of make up which took a very long time to do" I said moving away "plus you need to finish getting ready. There's coffee and a panini for you downstairs in the kitchen oh and where is that necklace you gave me?"

"Why?" He asked.

"I want to wear it duh" I said.

"But it doesn't match your outfit" he said

"Does it seem like I care. Give it" I said holding out my hand he went in to the closet and got me the box opening it i see a different necklace inside it.

"This is the wrong necklace" I said holding it up.

"No its the right one" Derek said putting it on me "I bought it yesterday so you had something that matched your outfit"

"You snuck into the guest bedroom and saw the dress" I gasped

"You're not the only one who knows how to snoop around" he said placing his head on my shoulders. I looked in the mirror running a hand over the necklace it really was beautiful. It was a small gold necklace with a delicate design in white diamonds.

"I love it" I smiled at him "but you really need to stop buying me jewelry" I said giving him a stern look.

"What do you have against me buying you things?" He asked holding my hands.

"That's it I don't want things I want moments with you. I prefer spending time with you and being yours these 'things' just put a price tag on us when every moment with you is priceless" I explained the best I could.

"Just when I think I can't love you more you prove me wrong" he smirks.

"Well that's what I'm here for" I said "get ready I'm downstairs".

By the time Derek had finished his breakfast everyone was outside waiting to go to the auditorium.

"Perrie come on let's take a few pictures before we go" my dad said pulling me outside "I hired a professional photographer for today"

"Mason come on get in here" my dad ordered and we took a few pictures together.

"Where's Derek you should take a few pictures with him" suggested Mason

"Right here" Derek said coming outside. Derek grabbed me and kissed me on the cheek motioning the photographer to take the picture.

"You're going to ruin my make up" I said looking at him.

"I don't care" he said nuzzling my neck "I like you better without it anyway"

"Group picture!" Someone yelled suddenly everyone stood together for a huge group picture.

"We need to go to the auditorium it's getting late" Xavier said looking at his watch.

"The cars are ready we'll leave in a minute or two" said Derek.

"Alpha, Beta Mason can we have a word" John said coming up to Derek they moved away far from the crowd to talk which seemed strange to me. As they talked to Derek his expression turned to that of worry something was definitely wrong.

What is it? I asked through our mindlink. Derek didn't amswer me immediately seeming to debate whether to tell me or not.

Rogues have infiltrated into pack lands they seem to be working for Lionel.

HE ATTACKED!

Seems like it.

So do whatever you have to to save the pack

I have to cancel the ceremony

So be it. The pack comes first.

Derek nodded and removed his jacket handing it over to John.

"Everyone listen up" He said loudly so all attention was on him "Lionel has attacked with the help of some rogues I need everyone to keep calm. John I need you to take all the woman and children to safety. Mr. Mathews and Mr. Adams I need you two to supervise their safety making sure no rogues gets to them. Dad, Mason and Eric you guys come with me we deal with this guy head on"

"I'm coming with you too." Asher said "Isla stay with the women take care of TJ, mom and Carrie". Isla nodded giving her mate a meaningful kiss before parting.

"Perrie I need you to stay safe not once do I want you to come out till the coast is clear. Ok" Derek said coming near to me.

"Alright but you take care of my mate promise me you'll be ok" I said holding his collar.

"I love you" he said pecking my lips before going with Asher and Mason.

"Perrie hurry up we need to leave" said John

"Wait let Perrie change first" said Susan "hurry upstairs and change into something else"

"Take the rest of the women and children first I'll change and be right down in a minute" I said running upstairs to change. I heard the thunder and gasped. Closing my eyes I prayed, all my life I blamed the rain for my misfortune please don't be the case this time bring my mate back to me safe and sound.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

827 39 19
When you are a werewolf, you care about only three things: The first one is your pack, second one is your family and the third and most important one...
50.9K 2.3K 58
This is a story of my INCREDIBLE life! *Note the sarcasm people* My names Eve and I don't know what I'm here for. My pack hates me. Relationships su...
949 126 31
COMPLETED __________________________________ Let's be honest for a moment, werewolf stories are too excepting. I know there's a mate bond and all tha...
103K 4.9K 36
Blood || a mated werewolves story Alpha Zev Malewoods was your stereotypical everybody fears him Alpha. Because in what werewolf story is there not t...