Life After Him *Discontinued*

By _Tough_Love_

Nathaniel Derek Hunter is the son of Rosalind Marie Hunter, Luna of the Moon Lake Pack, Niece of the Moon God... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 8

2.3K 93 4
By _Tough_Love_

Melissa's Pov:

I can't breathe. I can't move. I feel like i'm drowning but I can't do anything about it. I don't know where I am. I look around me and all I see is water. I feel as if something was dragging me down. I look down and I don't see anything. I notice that I am wearing a simple white dress which i don't know how it got on me. I want to move, I want to escape. I'm terrified. I don't know what to do. I close my eyes for a second and try to calm down. Suddenly, I feel a force pull me away. I open my eyes and i'm laying on the floor of a mansion. My dress is soaked, my hair is all over the place, and I am barefooted. What am I doing here? Where is here?

I get up from the now wet floor and look around.

" Hello?" I call out. There must be someone here. I need to know what's going on. I walk around and go into the closest room I find. It looks like an office but it's empty. I open another door and I'm shocked at what I see. Nathaniel's mother is just standing there. Looking at me.

"It's you?"

"Where am I? What do you mean?"

"Calm down you're somewhere safe."

"Where am I?"

"Child, you're at my home. What I don't understand is why you?"

"You keep saying that but why me what?"

"Child, i'm part angel. What you don't know is what type of angel I am I've never told anyone because I was sworn into secrecy. I am an angel of war of the highest rank and I work alongside the moon goddess. You were brought to me so that I could finally meet you as I will now protect you. Think of it as... I don't know... as if I was your own guardian angel of sorts. I'm here to not only protect you, but to train you as you will follow in my footsteps and protect others one day. You will not be an angel of war, but you will be one of my messengers. Now, your soul must return to your body or you will die. Good luck."

"Wait what?!"

"No time." She says and begins to walk as she fades away.

What is going on?!

Once again, I feel myself being pulled down and I can no longer breath. This time though, I'm not sinking, i'm rising. I close my eyes and next thing I know I feel air hit my face. I take a deep breath as I sit up from my laying position. Once I calmed down, I notice Nathaniel looking at me with tears in his eyes.

"Hi." I say.

"I thought you were gone." He whispers.

"You can't get rid of me that easily buddy."

"Melissa... you stopped breathing and your heart stopped for a good five minutes before I managed to start it back up. I had to perform CPR on my best friend and I was terrified. I'm so happy you're awake now." He says, more tears falling as he tries to contain them but fails.

"Thank you."

He walks up to me and gives me a hug.

"Don't you dare scare me like that ever again."

-------------------------------

-2 Days Later-

Nathaniel's Point of View:

Today's the day I see my dad again. After so many years, i'm terrified of how he will receive me. Will he even remember me? Will he accept me?

Standing in front of the pack house with Melissa standing next to me, I'm actually nervous.

"Do you want me to do it?"

"Please."

She gives me a reassuring smile and gives my hand a small squeeze as she knocks on the door. The door is immediately opened by a small child of about 10 years of age followed by an older man.

"Jordan I told you to wait for me. You're dad is going to get mad if he finds out what you did." Says the older man. The alpha.

"I apologize, welcome. My name is Jackson, you must be Nathaniel and Melissa correct? From France?"

"Yes sir." I manage to say calmly.

      This is the man who took my father. I saw the pictures. I can't wait to get my hands on him. He's going to regret all those things he did to my family. He's going to regret making my mom believe my dad was dead. He's going to regret letting my sweet cakes Lucinda grow up without her real dad. I look at the boy. He looks just like the one from the file. My dad's son. My apparent brother of sorts.

"Come on in." Says Jackson. "My beta Dean will be over in a minute to help you tour the pack house and get you settled in and introduced to the pack members. Sound good?"

"Perfect." Says Melissa.

I hear  two sets of footsteps approaching when I smell the sweetest scent. A hint of lavender with vanilla. My wolf immediately perks up but I remain frozen in my spot.

"Next time don't leave your body exposed. What you want to do instead is... are you even listening to me? Summer you'll never learn if you... Summer!"

"Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Nathaniel, Melissa, meet my Beta Dean and a pack member, Summer."

Summer growls as she looks at Melissa and I and my dad's eyes widen as he comes to the realization of who I may be.

"Nice to meet you." Speaks Melissa. She squeezes my hand and I react immediately by glaring at her. All she does is give me a stern look.

"Well i'll leave you lovebirds in good hands. I have some business to attend. Enjoy your stay."

Summer growls again and I realize why. Melissa and I are holding hands and have just been called 'lovebirds' by her alpha. Oh no. She must be pissed.

Once the alpha leaves the room, I speak up.

"It's not what you think." I tell her.  "She's just a friend."

"What's going on Nat?" Asks Melissa.

"He's my mate is what." States summer with a glare at Melissa.

"Alright, everyone calm down. Summer, don't. You two, introduce yourselves."

Summer rolls her green eyes and begins tapping her foot on the floor impatiently.

"My name is Nathaniel Rodriguez, I am the future Alpha of the Moon Lake Pack, visiting from my stay in France where I met Melissa Ariana Gonzales, former member of the Fils de la Lune pack, current member of my pack." I report.

"Come, follow me. We cannot speak here. Follow me. All of you." Speaks my father.

"Dad, where are we going?" Asks the ten year old boy.

"Home."

"Hi, i'm Jordan. The beta's son."

"Nice to meet you. My name's Nathaniel. You should meet my younger sister. She would like you." I say missing Lucinda.

"You have a sister?" Asks my father.

"Yeah, her name is Lucinda Mariana Rodriguez Hunter. She's 12. She's the only one that can make me truly smile. She has faint dimples like my mom and her brunette hair. She has her father's eyes. "

"You seem to really care for her."

"I sure do. Ever since our father was taken, she was the one thing that kept my mother, Rosalind going. She made everyone's lives so much better. I miss my little sister."

At the mention of my mother's name I saw my dad stiffen.

"Come on in. Summer, no funny business." He says opening the door to his house. "Can you take Jordan upstairs for me? Entertain him while I talk with Nathaniel here."

"I can't stay here with my mate?" She asks.

"I promise you, you two will be given the rest of the day to talk, but for now, this is urgent."

"I hate you Dean."

"I bet."

As I watch my mate take Jordan upstairs, I take in her details. She has green eyes and tan skin. She has dyed silver hair which she tied up in a ponytail. She's wearing a black shirt that shows her belly button and black tights.

"Nathaniel."

"Lucian."

"So you know who I am."

"Of course. My mother has spent the past twelve years searching for you, plus, I remember you. Doesn't seem like you've changed at all."

"I haven't but you have. Come here son. I've missed you."

"So have we." I say and walk towards him when my phone begins to ring.

"Hold that thought." I apologize as I pick up the phone and immediately hear crying.

"Lucy what's wrong?" I ask panicked.

"Mommy's sick and i don't know what to do. Auntie Scout is with Zachary in England and everyone else is gone. I don't know how to help mommy but she fell and now I can't even hear her breathing." She says.

No no no no no.

"Lucinda, listen to me. I'm going to call the pack doctor and i'll call you back immediately. I'm on my way. Don't worry, Mom will be fine. I love you."

"I love you too."

I hang up and dial the pack doctor's number and tell him what is happening. This hasn't happened to my mom in months, so why start again?  As I call my sister, I notice Melissa starting to sway.

No no no. I quickly hand the phone over to my dad.

" That's Lucinda. Your daughter. Talk to her, tell her your name and she'll know who you are."  I go towards Melissa and catch her as she is about to fall down.

I check her breathing but it is ragged. Just like last time. Her hair suddenly becomes wet and her skin begins to glow white. What's going on?!

"Summer, come here immediately!" I hear my father shout.

"What?!" She yells but runs towards us when she sees what happening. "She's just like me." She whispers.

"Calm him down."

I see Summer coming towards me from the corner of my eyes. When she's close enough, she wraps her hands around me, pulling me in for a hug. The sparks I feel from the contact are indescribable and Summer manages to calm me down quickly. I keep her close to me at all times as I watch Melissa.

"It's okay, she's with her angel. From the water, I bet it's either the war angel as that's her favorite element, or the the angel of knowledge as he is the one that likes to play tricks on people. But either way, she is safe. I promise."

"How do you know?" I ask.

"I've worked with the angel of war. She taught me a few things."

"Who's this angel of war?"

"I'm not allowed to say. We took a blood oath. She must be new. Only the ones get the glow when they are taking the blood oath."

"Thank you."

"Anytime mate."

"Lucian, my mother needs you. Do you think you could come back to your pack without anyone here finding out your gone?"

"I've tried. I'll just say an emergency has risen in your pack and I am escorting you back. I'll do anything to see my Rosalind, and Lucinda. Let's go."

He hands me my phone and makes a few calls on his own. I let go of Summer and go to pick up Melissa. It's time to go home, and not for the best of reasons.

---------------------------------

There you go! So, whose POV do you guys want in the next chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242 4 17
Kate is seventeen and she is in the blood moon pack the alpha is Dylan and he is eighteen and he's also looking for his mate. Dylan is possessive abo...
334K 9.9K 41
Sophia is eighteen years old werewolf and the second daughter of an Alpha. Being the last daughter she is next in throne as Alpha of Nightshade Moon...
646K 21.4K 37
*** I have published the first part of the rewrite, it is on my profile. Please give it a read unless you want to read this version...which is trash...
2.1M 51.9K 33
*COMPLETED* He is cruel She is broken Onalee (Ali) has stared death in the face more then once in her 18 years. She knows loss and pain better then...