Star Wars Rebels: Ezra's B...

By DonutMama09

What if Ezra was blind instead of Kanan? Kanan and the crew help Ezra cope with his new life and Ezra helps K... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Authors Note
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Authors Note
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Author thingy
Halloween
Important
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 2

8.7K 142 144
By DonutMama09

  Kanan got his stuff ready and woke Ezra up. He fell asleep five minuets after Hera left and woke up on his own. Ezra stirred and didn't panick sensing Kanan. "Kanan?" Ezra mumbled and Kanan brushed his bangs away from his bandages. "I have a mission and I need to tell you that I'm going to be gone for maybe a month or a little more." Kanan said and pain was what he felt having to tell Ezra this after being blind.

  Ezra sat up and bowed his head down. Kanan sat next to him and wrapped an arm around his shoulders. "So your leaving this morning?" Ezra asked and Kanan layed his head on top of Ezras.

  "I'm sorry." Kanan said and Ezra wrapped his arms around Kanan. "I'm sorry, I'm just scared." Ezra whispered and Kanan hugged his son. "Be safe, don't do anything stupid." Ezra said and into Kanans chest. "You mean you?" Kanan tried to joke but Ezra winced. "Sorry, mean't a joke." Kanan said and Ezra just cuddled into Kanan.

  Kanan just held Ezra and said, "I made a list for you to try after the bandages come off. Its some practice for you and Hera and the others are gonna help you." Ezra wished he could see Kanan.

  Sabine walked in and awed at the sight. Ezra giggled when he sensed Sabine and Kanan looked at her. "Hera sent me to tell you the disguised ship is ready." Sabine said and left. Kanan sensed Ezra feeling lonely and depressed. Kanan got up and held Ezras hand.

  "Walk with me, I'll guide you." Kanan said and Ezra stumbled but Kanan helped him. They walked in silence and Ezra clung to his side. Kanan helped Ezra walk down the ramp and the ship was like the Phantom but was smaller and had black and white paint as strips.

  Kanan sighed and crouched down to Ezra who was facing the other direction. Kanan held the side of his face and Ezra leaned into the touch. "I'll be back, be safe." Kanan said and Ezra fumbled but hugged him. Kanan hugged him back and no one wanted to let the other go away.

  "I love you." Ezra said and Kanan smiled. "I love you too son." Kanan saw Hera watch sadly and Kanan and Ezra let go at the same time. "Be careful Dad." Ezra said and Kanan chuckled. "I'm gonna be back, don't let Chopper take my room!" Kanan said and walked to the ship.

  Chopper beeped and Ezra chuckled sadly. Kanan stepped into the ship and watched the ramp close and he went to the pilot seat. Kanan started to take off and thought of Ezra who he wished would be with him. Kanan didn't want to leave his son in such a distress without him.

  Hera walked over to Ezra and wrapped an arm around his shoulders. Ezra just leaned into her and guide him back into the ship. She and the others walked back into the common room."I'm gonna make lunch, don't destroy the ship." She joked trying to lift their down moods and left.

  Chopper whirred and followed after her. It was an awkward silence. Zeb tapped his fingers against his boe rifle and Sabine fumbled with her glove. Ezra sighed and sat there. He fumbled with the bandages and Sabine smacked him. "Ow!" Ezra exclaimed and faced Sabine but his head facing the wall near her.

  "Stop messin' with your're bandages!" She shouted and Zeb winced from how loud. Ezra groaned and slumped. He sensed Sabine get up and leave and Zeb stayed with him.

   "Hey Zeb?" Ezra called out. Zeb startled at Ezra talking and asked, "Yeah?" He sat near the kid and raised an eyebrow. "Um I just wanted you to know I'm staying Kanan's room. So don't worry about me waking you up with screaming." Ezra said and his head faced the wall in front of the dejarik table.

  "Cool, I'll make sure Chopper doesn't toss your stuff away." Zeb tried to joke and Ezra just hummed. Zeb felt bad for the kid and said, "You know, if I know anything from Kanan he would say, 'Just because you fall doesn't mean you can't get back up and mess with Sabine's paint'....don't lose hope kid."

   Ezra smiled at that and felt happier. "Thanks Zeb." Ezra mumbled and Zeb saw the smile. "Anytime kid."

  "Dinner's ready!" Hera called and Zeb got up and faced Ezra. "Uh, how do I do this?" Zeb asked and Ezra got up slowly. "Give me your arm." Ezra said and Zeb did what Ezra said. He helped him around the table and accidently dropped Ezra. "Sorry!" Zeb shouted and Ezra groaned.

"Not your fault." Ezra said and Zeb led him to the kitchen. Hera saw them come and noticed Ezra holding his head. "What did you do now Zeb?" Hera asked and Zeb frowned. He first helped Ezra sit down then faced Hera. "What makes you think I did it?" Zeb asked.

  Hera raised an eyebrow and Zeb slumped. "I dropped him." He grumbled and Hera knew tonight was gonna be strange.

   -----------------------------

   Its been two days and Ezra was going insane. Being blind was tuff but sensing everyones awkwardness and stress was tuffer. Ezra was sitting on Kanan's bed and wished he could talk to someone. Ezra being the idiot decided to walk to the common room alone.

  Ezra walked to where he remembered where the door was to Kanan's room. Ezra spread his hands out and felt the door. He tried opening the door but groaned in frustration. Ezra smacked the comm on his arm.

  He almost asked for help but let go of it. He tried opening the door and failed. Ezra placed his hand on the door and focused on the force. The door opened and Ezra face planted in the ground. Ezra ripped the bandages off and felt something trickle down his head. He knew he had blood from the face planting.

  Ezra groaned and got up. He placed his hand on the wall and felt sick. Ezra got dizzy and slowly sat down. Ezra closed his eyes and thought of Kanan. He missed his Dad.

  "Ezra?!" Sabine shouted and startled Ezra. Sabine walked out of her room to see if Hera could let her go buy some more paint but saw Ezra who was slumped against the wall, had blood trickling down his face and his bandages were off. Sabine grabbed Ezra and guided him to the med-bay.

  "Sabine where are we going?" Ezra asked and Sabine opened the door and sat Ezra on a bed. "Med-bay and stay still." Sabine said and started working on Ezra but felt sick at his scar and eyes.

  "Sabine?" Ezra asked and Sabine bandage his forehead. "What's up?" Sabine asked and Ezra fumbled with his padawan braid. "Do you think Kana will be ok?" Ezra asked and Sabine wiped the blood off of Ezra. "Its Kanan, he's always fine." Sabine said and Ezra shrugged.

  "Sorry for ditching you. I shouldn't have left you alone." Sabine said and Ezra shrugged. "Gotta learn to do this on my own." He said and Sabine frowned. "This just happened and you think you have to do this alone isn't right." Sabine said and Ezra smiled.

  "Kanan said he left a list for me to try and maybe I can try them?" Ezra asked and Sabine groaned. "Don't tell anyone." She said and guided Ezra to her room.

   "Careful, now here." Sabine said and sat Ezra on the ground in her room. Sabine made a copy of the list cause Hera had the list. "So you have to meditate. Once you feel ready you have to levitate something." Sabine said and grabbed a spray can of paint. She let Ezra know where it was and stood off to the right. Ezra closed his eyes and relaxed, he was doing fine until he was sucked into nightmares.

  Ezra sensed the death of everyone and fought Darth Vader while blind. He sensed Kanan jump in front of him when he was about to die. He felt his parents fade away and started crying. Sabine crouched to Ezra and touched his shoulder. "I'm sorry, I wasn't ready." Ezra said into his knees and Sabine hugged him. Ezra hugged her and said, "I sensed the death of everyone....Darth Vader.." Ezra trailed off and Sabine hugged him tighter.

"I won't let you go through this alone. I'm not letting my brother struggle without help." Sabine said and Ezra smiled. "Thanks, sister." They hugged until Ezra pulled away. "I think I'm gonna wait awhile to meditate." Ezra said and Sabine gently fingered the lightsaber scars on Ezras face.

  Ezra tensed and Sabine pulled away. "It seems like trouble never stops finding its way to you." She said and Ezra shrugged. "Never will."

  Sabine smiled small and Hera spoke over the comm, "Why is there blood on the ground?!" She shouted actually and Ezra winced. Sabine panicked but spoke into her comm, "Uh, Ezra was leaning against a wall and uh, he had blood on his face and his bandages were off so I cleaned him up...were in my cabin."

  "WHAT?!" Hera screamed and Ezra wished he could climb the vents. Sabine patted Ezra's shoulder. It was quiet and Sabine heard footsteps to her door. Uh oh, Sabine thought and the door slid open to reveal Hera in protective Wampa mode.

  "Ezra are you ok?!" Hera asked and crouched in front of him. "Fine Hera. Sabine helped me, its my fault for trying to walk around." Ezra said and Hera widened her eyes.

  Momma Wampa mode turned into worried Ewok mode. "No its not. Just call for help-is that a copy of the list Kanan made?!" Hera yelled and Sabine grabbed Ezra's hand and bolted out of her room.

  "RUN!" Sabine yelled and Hera would turn into an angry Frynock. "Sabine Wren! What until you get back! I'm gonna drop you off into hyperspace!" Hera yelled from afar and Sabine led Ezra who was tripping and went outside. Sabine hid them far away behind crates at the docking bay. Sabine panted and saw Ezra on his knees besides her.

  The Empire is more reasonable than Frynock Hera, Sabine thought. "Sabine...I think I want to wait a little before returning to the Ghost." Ezra said and Sabine grinned.

-----------------------

  Ezra and Sabine were sitting in the common room and covering their ears. Hera finished yelling at them and Ezra was laying against the chair and laid his head against the backside of it. "Well.." Ezra trailed off and Sabine was running a hamd in her blue hair.

  "I think I need to paint...I'll get Zeb." Sabine said and went to find Zeb. Ezra was missing Kanan. He wanted Kanan to sit here and hold him. Oh Kanan, I'm scared...

   ---------------------

  Kanan was in his rented room. It was an undercover mission and Kanan was missing Ezra badly. He was thinking about him and wondering if he was ok. Kanan sat on his bed and ran his hands over his face.

  Ah kid, you better not make Hera into an angry Frynock, Kanan thought and smiled. Hera could be anything you asked her. A friend, a pilot, a scolding mom, an angry Frynock, a protective Wampa protecting her little Wampa's or even a worried Ewok.

  Kanan shuddered once at a time he went against Hera in her protective Wampa mode.

  Zeb messed with training with Ezra and Kanan while they used the force. It went like this, Zeb being Zeb decided to scare Ezra from behind, it worked, Ezra fell into a rushing river, Kanan swam after him, got him to shore, cried because Ezra wasn't responding, CPR with a crying Kanan and worried Zeb, Ezra woke and Hera came out to see what happened and swooped Ezra into her arms and carried him to the med-bay.

  Zeb was with Hera inside and Kanan was jogging to the med-bay but saw Zeb slowly back away into the hallway. Kanan walked inside to see Ezra curled into Hera's hold. Hera snapped her head up to see Kanan and glared. "He's alright?" Kanan asked and wiped his tear streaked face.

  "He's fine." Hera said curtly and Kanan went to see Ezra but Hera actually hissed at him. Kanan raised his eyebrows and went to see him but Hera smacked his arm and growled. Kanan stared at her shocked and angry.

  "I need to see him!" Kanan protested. Hera bared her teeth and Kanan's face dropped. "I think I'm just gonna wait here." Kanan said and sat at the end of the bed in a chair. Hera ran her hand in Ezra's wet hair and Hera was watching him and holding her little Wampa.

  Kanan smiled at thinking of Ezra. He remembered the scream Ezra made when Maul's lightsaber attacked his face. Kanan calmed himself and felt something tickle in his mind. Kanan frowned.

  He realized it was his and Ezra's bond! Oh Kanan, I'm scared... Kanan heard Ezra speak this and felt shocked. "Ezra?!" Kanan frantically asked into the bond and felt Ezra be startled.

  "Kanan?!" Ezra asked and Kanan laughed. "Its me, my youngling." Kanan said and felt Ezra forget his his mental shields in excitement. Kanan sensed something happen to his son and asked, "Ezra, what happened? I sense something happened." He sensed his panic.

  ------------------

  Ezra didn't sense Zeb cause he was in excitement of hearing Kanan's voice but panicked when he asked what happened. Ezra knew Kanan would try to come home if he heard about Ezra's face planting with blood, angry Hera and him with no bandages over his eyes.

  Ezra raised his mental shields and felt Kanan suspicious. "Son, are you ok?" He asked and Ezra felt relief that Kanan wasn't being that persisant. "Fine, everyones helping me. I feel fine." He lied.

   Back to Kanan:

  Kanan tried to feel fine but asked, "You said you were scared. What happened?" He felt Ezra open up and Kanan knew he could search if Ezra opened up.

  Kanan was arguing with Ezra that he should come home and was defeated. "I have to go, Zeb's trying to call me....I love you." Ezra said and Kanan smiled. "I love you, my youngling." Kanan said felt Ezra go back into his moment.

  Kanan was shocked he could hear Ezrs in their bond. They were far away from each other and he heard his son. Kanan sensed something.

  Something dark. Kanan sensed something dark, strong...angry. Kanan tried to sense deeper into the force and in the force he heard something that scared him. Something that he faced. Something that was sith.

    Koo-haaa...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 499 14
Ezra has been with the crew for eight months now and has grown stronger in the force. When the roughest day of Ezra's life comes and while messing wi...
1.9K 7 23
꧁B̸o̸o̸k̸ 1꧂ Before encountering Lord Vader, yet after the inclusion of the rebellion, What if in between these events the ghost crew discovered a se...
46.8K 857 26
Here are a few one shots about the ghost crew. Hope you like it. Includes many pranks, family fluff, dark stories and even karaoke. So enjoy readin...
4.5K 104 25
Hello peoples. :3 Not many people have this, so I decided to make a Star Wars Rebels oneshot request book. Here's how it works: you readers re...