Smile For Me (Student/Teacher)

Od PriscillaPenaIsCool

Diana Apollo was a straight A student, and never really had to work hard for it until Mr. Grant came along an... Viac

Meet The Teacher
Sleep For The Soul
Tutoring Sesh No.1
The First Time...
Out Of Character
Who's Crying Now?
I'm Like A Heat Wave
The Slight Change
No More
K-hall B-hall
Meaningless
Questions
Wow You're Different
Ooh Dominance
Person, Place, Thing
Parties and Slap Boxing
The Newest Member Of The Brotherhood
No Where To Be Found
Seduction For Dummies
Lost & Found
Lay It On Me?
So Confused
Whore
No Change In The Big Change
The News
Tangled In Sheets
Garden of Clichés
Winter Break
Guilt and Gifts
Sweet Holiday
Another Secret to Keep
Possessive & Protective?
New Years
Loving The Skeptic
Ownership
Bye Bye
If You Love 'Em, Set 'Em Free
Catan & Cancün
Beach Bummin
Athazagoraphobia
What Is Modesty
"Did you love him?"
Career Day
Not Everyone Will Approve
And A Heartless Whore I Am
A Lying Bitch, Too
March 31st
Last Goodbye
Everything At Once
Safe Keeping
Fixed Or Not
"She Likes You"
Fathers
Mine
A New Friend
Every High Has A Come-Down
Sorry For What?
Shit Pt. I
Shit Pt. II
Break
Get Over It
Abdonment 101
Fast Forward
Glad
Fin Pt I
Fin Pt II

Meet The Brothers

33.3K 952 252
Od PriscillaPenaIsCool

Hey guys! I'm sorry, I just couldn't wait to get this story going, so I'm publishing the second chapter! I will be trying to upload this story in sync with my sequel to LAIF, Effort at its Finest. I also thought it would be more fair to upload another chapter sooner, because it starts out pretty short. It won't be like that for the rest of the story, I promise!

Thanks for reading, tell me how you feel

- cilla

~

At home, all my brothers stood in the kitchen, towering over my fridge and eating everything they saw. I only stood and stared, waiting for them to notice me, waiting for them to explain why they were there.

Finally Bailey saw me and stopped mid-way putting a spoon full of pudding in his mouth. "Hey Diana." He smiled, showing a bit of chocolate on his teeth.

Bailey was the joker, but when he needed to, he immediately flipped his act and got serious. Now he was in the middle. "Why are you here?" I asked them.

They all gave me their attention and Austin sat down on a barstool. "Checking up." He simply said. They had been doing way too much checking up lately.

After we stared at eachother for a while he turned and circled around the island in thought. "How was school?"

"Fine."

"We don't think dad is coming back." Chris finally said in frustration.

What they said made me angry. At first, I stepped back with wide eyes- I was so in shock. But they narrowed into a glare and they stepped back this time, all three of them.

"You don't have any faith in our father?" I said to them and they looked at eachother, not knowing what to say.

"He's not." Austin said.

"Where's your proof?" I yelled at him. In my silent, cozy house. I had never yelled at them before. It made them step back once more. In complete disbelief. I was overwhelmed. When I got home all I thought about was the home work I had, and now they were giving me more to worry about.

"It's obvious, okay?" Bailey walked around and tried to embrace me but I pulled away.

Bailey and I were the closest growing up. He always took me places, and we always got along. Chris, being the closest in age, always found a way to get under my skin. I was never one to pick a fight, I was never one to argue. I never had. I was always the 'composed one' in the family, as my dad would say.

"It's hard, I know. But we have to face it."

I didn't think twice about that fact, I knew it wasn't true. They really believed he wouldn't come back. It was ridiculous. "You could stay with one of us!" Bailey suggested.

"Or we could stay here." Austin offered.

I shook my head and Chris gave me a disbelieving look. "Oh come on, Diana, you must get lonely here."

I shook my head at them. "I'm not." It was honesty I thought I gave them. I wasn't lonely, I was sad. If they stayed with me they'd talk together. And they would be close like always- that's what made me lonely.

...

The way we settled the previous day was perfect for me. We leave things how they were and act like none of them had ever spoken a word about my dad.

I was nervous about going to school. It would be awkward, and I wanted badly to avoid my locker that happened to be right across from Mr. Grant, but that wasn't possible.

Mr. Grant was one of those teachers who walked down the halls to shake off his anger, which was all the time. I wasn't ever sure why he did it in the first place because he always ended up seeing me and becoming even more angry.

This morning he paced the crowded halls with coffee in his hand. When he'd take a sip his eyes would water and the steam would hit his face hard and curl outwards. I swear he drank it scoarching hot just to hurt himself.

He hadn't seen me yet, but he felt my cautious stare and just when he turned around to glare at me I spun around and quickly worked my combination so I could leave as quickly as possible.

It was an A day, but that never made a difference. I had him every single day. He was my eigth and last period of the day, and oddly enough I kind of pitied him for having me in his everyday class. It must be hard to be forced to teach someone you absolutely hate, when in then you don't teach them anything except how to hold back smacktalking your teacher.

"Diana, this is beautiful." My art teacher told me. I stayed behind for a short minute before going off to my last class. "I'm sorry I had to tell him to stay after and watch you. I know it wasn't at all neccesary, I shouldn't have emailed him."

It seemed like my day went FIRSTPERIOD-SECOND-THIRD-FOURTH- Eigt-h-h-h-h-h-h Perio-o-o-o-od... It was so long with Mr. Grant, because we all dreaded him.

In his class I sat by one of the most attractive guys at my school. He wasn't the most modest, but he was very respectful. To me, at least. His name was Ryan.

"Diana, how did you do on that art project?" He asked me thoughtfully.

"It was.." I thought for a minute. "Not how I wanted it to turn out." I dared to take a peek at Mr. Grant and saw he was stabbing me with angry looks and I immediately blushed and looked away. "But it's fine."

"Ah, sorry." He smiled at me his popular boyish smile. I'd like him, if he wasn't such a little boy. "Are you going to Avery Johnson's party this Friday?"

I shook my head. I never went to parties, they weren't my scene. I always felt so out of place there. "Why not?" He asked me and I shrugged. "Well, do you want to be my date there?" And he gave me that boyish smile again.

"Uh-"

"Alright." Mr. Grant stepped up from his roller chair and spoke loudly and sternly. "We're going on with yesterdays work since most of you don't know what you're doing." He spat, and went through a handout of printed notes. "These aren't mine, they're Mr. Joseph's." Mr. Grant muttered to himself, almost ashamed that he would be suspected of doing something nice for once.

"I'll give you ten minutes to look over them, if you talk I'm going to make you leave." He spoke hard and passively when he sat down and began typing onto his computer.

I looked over them and understood completely. I really liked Mr. Joseph, and he was the one tutoring me. He was an early-sixties, very sweet man who would go over with me plenty of times so I'd understand his work. And I made sure with him to keep it a secret that he was tutoring me. I was afraid Mr. Grant would be angry and yell at me for being stupid or something.

"Alright, times up." He said quickly after about five minutes.

Around the class you heard frustrated sighs and angry hands trying not to slam so hard on their desks. I wasn't able to finish reading the notes either.

"It's sad we have to go over things like this because a large handful of you guys are failing." Mr. Grant stood up stiffly.

I tried to picture him calm, him happy. Maybe him with a beer in his hand or something, I wasn't sure. I tried to picture him in one of my brothers' positions: laying an elbow on the counter with a happy grin and gulping beer while watching baseball. It was impossible. I couldn't picture him smiling at all, because I've never seen him do it.

I wasn't failing his class. Like I said before, I bet I was one of his top students, but that was because of Mr. Joseph.

After Mr. Grant went over the lesson once more, class was over. Meaning school was over and I got to leave his hatred-filled aura. Everyone was out before I even got to grab my bag, so I was the last one to even stand up.

I felt his eyes on me and it felt like I had to be quiet to leave, or else he'd strike. Like an animal.

Then he spoke, "Diana."

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

472K 11.7K 40
Sarah has a new teacher, Mr Hills. Her ex gym trainer. The one she used to crush on, two years prior. He's a conceited jerk, and that's what trigge...
32.7K 696 34
23 year old Kathy Davis, a art teacher falls in love with a transfer student named Tracy Perez a 17 year old student who loves to draw her own comics...
18.1K 440 46
Jemma isnt your typical 17 year old. Her life is busy and stressful. She thinks senior year is going to be an easy ride. She's smart and popular, and...
Forbidden love Od Nanania1

Všeobecná beletria

294 43 11
Calista's life wasn't easy although she made it seem like it. She lives on her own and is new to the school. Her first day was probably the best firs...