Royal Blood

By Ads910

Alyssa, age 18, is a princess that is next in line for the throne of a tiny kingdom her family rules. Her fat... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 7

2.1K 49 3
By Ads910

Ok so here is chapteer 7!!!  I hope you like it! I still need a cover so if you know anybody that makes covers or you make cover please contact me.  Um, well i hope you like it! Vote, comment, and fan!

Chapter 7

Alyssa’s POV

The ride there was really boring.   My dad tried to start up some kind of conversation but it didn’t work.  I was glad.  I didn’t feel like talking at the moment.  It didn’t seem like anybody else did either, for some unknown reason everybody looked pretty tense. I vaguely wondered why, but I ended up deciding I didn’t really care.  My thoughts drifted to who exactly we were joining for dinner.  My dad didn’t say who and that made me suspicious.  It was probably somebody I didn’t like.  He knows the people I dislike; I make sure I voice that at least.   I could always ask, but probably wouldn’t get a straight answer so I decided I would just wait.  I’m a pretty patient person when I want to be.

I looked out the window to pass time and entertain myself.  Maybe I could figure out where we were and that would give me a hint to where we were heading.  I could also get inspiration for my drawings. Right now we were heading through the center of the village.  I watched as a poor, old, scrawny lady dressed in rags dragged a bucket to the well in the center of the square.  She looked up at us as we drove by with hate in her eyes.  It didn’t surprise me.  I knew how we were looked upon by our subjects.  They hated us, I didn’t blame them.  I’m not going to lie, my father is a cruel king.  Always has been, always will be.  He doesn’t care about his people.  He just cares about power and money.  I wanted to help them, but I would have to wait until I was queen.  My father doesn’t listen to what I have to say unless it was in his favor.  Like I said before, his life revolves around money and power.

I snapped out of my thoughts and noticed the carriage had stopped.  We had made it to our destination and it did not look familiar.  A guard helped me out of the carriage and I waited patiently for everyone else to join me. 

James and Chase came around from the back of the carriage and stood by my side.  I liked having them there, the presence was somehow soothing. 

Everyone made it out of the carriage and we walked up the pathway towards the door.  My Mother and Father were in the front followed by the brothers and me holding up the rear with James and Chase.  The house was a pretty big size.   Of course not as big as our castle but it was still nice.

There was a sturdy barn type thing not too far behind the house.  There were many guards standing around it in a too straight attentive of a position to be comfortable.  I wonder what they were guarding.  I’ll probably find out tonight.

Chase’s POV

I knew where we were as soon as the carriage pulled up the long dirt road.  I looked to my left to James and saw recognition flash across his face.  He knew where we were too. 

I looked up ahead and sought out the barn where I once stayed.  This was the place where all vampires went while waiting to be auctioned off.  The barn was a terrible place.  I remember how desperate I was to get out of there.  It stunk like crap, which probably what it was.  We were chained to the walls and deprived of blood for days.  We couldn’t talk and were dished out punishment for no reason other than the guards’ entertainment.  I was the slave to the owner of the place for a year until he got bored of me.  He switched me out for some other sorry soul.  I was glad; living at his place was almost as bad as the barn.  Luckily, I was sold to Alyssa soon afterwards.

I snapped out of my thoughts and noticed we had stopped.  I could have ran a while longer.  I wanted to.  It felt nice to get out and stretch my legs, compared to being in that stuffy castle this was heaven.  If vampires go to heaven that is.  No one knows what happens to vampires when we die.  Do our souls go the heaven?  Do we even have souls?  Like I said, no one knows, it remains a mystery to us all.

I followed James over to Alyssa who was standing all alone looking a little confused and even a tad bit nervous.  We stood behind her as we waited for everyone to file out of the carriage.  I could smell the putrid stench from the barn all the way from here. 

I fell into step alongside James as we followed the group up the dirt road to the front door.

“Do you know where we are?” Alyssa asked her voice barely a whisper, knowing with our enhanced hearing James and I would hear her as if it was like she was yelling.

James and I shared a knowing look before he shrugged at her.

She frowned, probably knew we weren’t telling her something.  I wonder how she would react when she did find out.  I’m not good at guessing her reactions, so I didn’t even try.

We made it to the door and were greeted by the glum face of a slave.

“My master is expecting you.  Go down the hall and through the door on the right.” The slave told us, holding the door open as we filed in uncertainly.

We walked into a beautifully decorated dining hall and were greeted by the family themselves.  They rose from the seats and bowed respectfully as the king, queen, and Alyssa walked in.

My old master got up and shook hands with Alyssa’s father acting like they were old friends.  From the look the king gave him they weren’t.  He turned to the queen and did a slight bow.

“My queen.” He said and she nodded.

Lastly he turned to Alyssa and grabbed her outstretched hand.  He planted a light kiss on the top before pulling away.  Alyssa looked like she had no idea who this man was, but he sure did know her, everyone did.

“Princess Alyssa, it is nice to finally meet you.  You are even more beautiful than they say.” He told her

“Thanks it is a pleasure to meet you too, and come to you lovely home.” She responded confidently, all trace of earlier nervousness gone.

“My name is Alan.  This is my wife Elizabeth,” he said pointing to a lady wearing a horrid yellow lacy dress with way to much makeup on.   She had narrow eyes and a fake smile plastered on her lips.  “My daughter Ava, and my son Tyler.”  He said pointing to a girl and boy.  Ava looked like she was 16, but she wore so much makeup like her mother I wouldn’t be able to tell you for certain.  She was a petite girl with short brown curls that came to her shoulders.  She was wearing a red hideous dress that made you wonder where in the world did this family shop.  It was almost like her mother’s except for a giant flower that rested on her hip looking a little bit out of place.  Finally, the young boy that was about nine looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here.  He had blonde hair that was so blonde it was almost white and bright attentive blue eyes.  He also had chubby cheeks that resembled a chipmunk who had just stuffed his cheeks with nuts.  He was pretty tall for nine year old though I’ll give him that.

Alyssa’s POV

Alan seemed nice, but I didn’t think I was going to like Ava or her mom for that matter.  They looked like clowns they had so much make-up, but I would give them the benefit of doubt no matter how hard it was.  Like the saying goes, don’t judge a book by its cover.  The little boy was pretty cute, but those are the ones that are little devils…. But you never know he might be a little sweetie. 

I could tell Chase and James were feeling a little out of it, but it was nothing I could fix.  I just wanted to sit down, but Alan just kept on talking.  It was really boring.  I wish I didn’t have to be here.  I would much rather be curled up on my comfy chair reading a good book.  It would be the perfect evening, but instead I have to be here.  Smile and look pretty were going to be the highlight of my night.  That’s the only reason I’m here really.  My dad wants to make sure we appear as the “Perfect Family”.  If only they knew my real life.

I tuned back into the conversation and noticed Alan was looking at Chase weirdly.  He took a couple steps forward, paused in the middle of what he was saying, reached out, and grabbed Chase’s face.  Alan was a short man pudgy man and had to stand on his tippy-toes to reach.  He stood their completely silent for a moment staring at Chase’s enraged face.

“I know him!” Alan stated to my father, letting go of Chase, “You have my old slave.  Troublemaker he is.  Make sure you keep a good eye on this one sire.”

My father nodded to him absentmindedly, he didn’t really seem to care what Alan was saying.  He looked like he wanted to get this dinner over as much as I did.  I on the other hand wanted to argue with him, and stand up for Chase.  I knew it wouldn’t do any good though, so I kept my mouth shut. 

“Why don’t we sit down?” My father asked in an impatient tone of voice.

“Oh, oh, yes! Let’s eat.” Alan said and gestured to the table

My father sat in between Alan and my mother and I sat next to Ava.  Aaron and Jesse sat at the end of the table, sadly one of them was next to me.  One of Alan’s slaves came out and directed Chase and James out of the room.  I wondered where they went. 

A waiter came out of another door with the first course, by that time I was starving, but forced myself to cut little pieces off. 

Deciding I should strike up a conversation with Ava I turned towards her and said, “You have a lovely house.”

Ava whipped her head in my direction and said, “Look I don’t want to be here as much as you do, so why you help me out here a little bit and keep your trap shut, so this night could be a little more bearable.”

I was shocked.  Nobody has ever said something like that to me.  What’s this girl’s problem???  All I had said was she had a lovely home and she starts yelling at me.

“What no witty comeback?” she said snapping me out of my thoughts. “Cat got your tongue? Or are you deciding whether or not you are going to tell daddy on me?”

“No a cat has not got my tongue and my father doesn’t need to be interrupted for something as stupid as a clown trying to tell me off.  And I agree with you this night will be so much more pleasant without you blabbing your mouth off and spitting all over my food.”  With that said I faced forward and resumed eating.

The dinner went on without any other unpleasant occurrences.  I mainly just listened to my father talk about kingly stuff to Alan.  I learned that Alan is such a suck-up and was just trying to get his family in good with the king.  I hate those kind of people.

When dinner was done Alan offered to show our family the barn.  I was curious about it and wanted to know what was inside.  Whatever was inside it sure sparked my father’s interest.  I might end up finding out what the sole reason was for my father coming here.  It sure wasn’t talking politics with Alan.

We walked outside and I wondered where Chase and James were.  I still haven’t seen them since they left right before dinner.  I was glad though that Ava didn’t come out with us though.

I cast those thoughts aside as we came closer and closer to the barn.  My full attention though was on what was inside, since nobody deemed me important enough to tell me.

A putrid stench hit me five feet away from the doors. It was subtle, but still there.  I wondered how the guards could stand it.  In glanced around and it seemed like I was the only one who seemed to notice it.  Everyone else was acted liked the smell was normal.

“Do you know what’s in there?” Aaron whispered into my ear.

I jumped, startled for a second, before regaining composure.  I glanced up at him with a scowl on my face, “No, I do not, nobody decided it was important enough to tell me.”

“Well you will soon find out, and don’t think you are going to approve.”  He answered smugly with a wicked smile on his face.  Something about that smile made me dislike him even more than before.

I looked away tired of him already and turned to Alan.

He was standing near the door with his chest puffed up as if he was proud of what we were about to see.

“This is one of the finest and biggest establishments in all the lands.” Alan said, his voice loud and proud.  That just confirmed my earlier thoughts.  He threw open the door and walked in.  I had no choice, but to follow everyone else. 

I knew what this place was now, and it was horrible.  There were probably about forty vampires chained to the wall.  They were pale, paler than usual.  They looked sickly, if that was possible.  And the stench, it was the worst thing I had ever smelled.  I couldn’t even imagine how bad it must smell to a vampire.  There was layers of stuff covering the floor and I didn’t even want to think about what it was.  This place was probably never cleaned.  The vampire’s faces showed misery, despair, and anger.  My heart went out to them, and I wanted to help them.  I wanted to change this.  I knew I couldn’t do anything about it though, not until I was queen.  I looked at my father, hoping his reaction was the same as mine, it wasn’t.  He had a cruel smile plastered on his face and now I knew why he came here.  Why he wanted to act like he was friends with Alan.  It was all because of this.  He was probably going to make a deal with him right here and now.  I couldn’t take it anymore, I had to get out of here. 

I turned right around and marched out of the barn.  I heard someone call my name, but I ignored it.  When I made it outside I took a big deep breath, inhaling the fresh air.

“Couldn’t take it Princess?” I heard a guard snicker behind me.

I whirled around on him and said, “If you can laugh at how they are treated then I might as well chain you up and put you in there to see how you would like it!”

That shut him up and he instantly went still.

            I turned around planning to wait by the carriage, and ran right into solid hard muscle.  I stumbled, falling backwards, before two strong arms caught me and pulled me back up right before I hit the ground.

            “Thanks,” I mumbled, blushing slightly and looked up at my savior.

            Chase’s eyes retuned my gaze and I was caught there, like a fly in a web, staring into his bright green eyes.  I never noticed how pretty they were till now.  They drew me in, freezing me in place.  He stared back, just as entranced by mine as I was his.  I had a sudden unexplainably urge to kiss him right there and then and started leaning forward to close the gap in between us.

            “Hey Alyssa! We finally found you!  Chase and I were looking all over for you.” I heard James yell breaking me out of my stupor.

            Chase let go of my arms and we hastily broke apart.  I stood there for a moment wondering what was I thinking.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Ace By maudlyn5

General Fiction

399 61 20
Life has never been easy for Alyssa. From being separated from her parents at the age of 5, to suffering through years of captivity. Will she escape...
8.5K 244 21
( ON HOLD ) He's rude and cold. She's Sweet and caring. He cares for his people only. She cares for everyone. He's darkness. She's light. A powerful...
808K 33.1K 38
The day of the end was the start of the beginning for Violetta Simmons. She just didn't know it yet. The War of Blood changed the world forever, cha...
11.3K 181 27
Amira lives in a land where slavery is an important part of society. She hates everything about slaves but on her 16th birthday when she meets her n...