Chapter 7

Ok so here is chapteer 7!!!  I hope you like it! I still need a cover so if you know anybody that makes covers or you make cover please contact me.  Um, well i hope you like it! Vote, comment, and fan!

Chapter 7

Alyssa’s POV

The ride there was really boring.   My dad tried to start up some kind of conversation but it didn’t work.  I was glad.  I didn’t feel like talking at the moment.  It didn’t seem like anybody else did either, for some unknown reason everybody looked pretty tense. I vaguely wondered why, but I ended up deciding I didn’t really care.  My thoughts drifted to who exactly we were joining for dinner.  My dad didn’t say who and that made me suspicious.  It was probably somebody I didn’t like.  He knows the people I dislike; I make sure I voice that at least.   I could always ask, but probably wouldn’t get a straight answer so I decided I would just wait.  I’m a pretty patient person when I want to be.

I looked out the window to pass time and entertain myself.  Maybe I could figure out where we were and that would give me a hint to where we were heading.  I could also get inspiration for my drawings. Right now we were heading through the center of the village.  I watched as a poor, old, scrawny lady dressed in rags dragged a bucket to the well in the center of the square.  She looked up at us as we drove by with hate in her eyes.  It didn’t surprise me.  I knew how we were looked upon by our subjects.  They hated us, I didn’t blame them.  I’m not going to lie, my father is a cruel king.  Always has been, always will be.  He doesn’t care about his people.  He just cares about power and money.  I wanted to help them, but I would have to wait until I was queen.  My father doesn’t listen to what I have to say unless it was in his favor.  Like I said before, his life revolves around money and power.

I snapped out of my thoughts and noticed the carriage had stopped.  We had made it to our destination and it did not look familiar.  A guard helped me out of the carriage and I waited patiently for everyone else to join me. 

James and Chase came around from the back of the carriage and stood by my side.  I liked having them there, the presence was somehow soothing. 

Everyone made it out of the carriage and we walked up the pathway towards the door.  My Mother and Father were in the front followed by the brothers and me holding up the rear with James and Chase.  The house was a pretty big size.   Of course not as big as our castle but it was still nice.

There was a sturdy barn type thing not too far behind the house.  There were many guards standing around it in a too straight attentive of a position to be comfortable.  I wonder what they were guarding.  I’ll probably find out tonight.

Chase’s POV

I knew where we were as soon as the carriage pulled up the long dirt road.  I looked to my left to James and saw recognition flash across his face.  He knew where we were too. 

I looked up ahead and sought out the barn where I once stayed.  This was the place where all vampires went while waiting to be auctioned off.  The barn was a terrible place.  I remember how desperate I was to get out of there.  It stunk like crap, which probably what it was.  We were chained to the walls and deprived of blood for days.  We couldn’t talk and were dished out punishment for no reason other than the guards’ entertainment.  I was the slave to the owner of the place for a year until he got bored of me.  He switched me out for some other sorry soul.  I was glad; living at his place was almost as bad as the barn.  Luckily, I was sold to Alyssa soon afterwards.