Chapter 19

Ok so you know, the usual, comment vote, fan, and enjoy!!

Chapter 19

Chase’ s POV

            After she was finished drawing the picture she let me look at it. Then she let me look at all the other ones. I flipped through them all and it surprised me at how detailed her drawings were. They were beautiful. Most of them were of landscapes or of people’s faces. One was her mother, there were a couple ones of Liz and a lot of pictures of me that she had drawn during her week of bed rest. Not one I noticed was of her father. There was one of a little girl I didn’t know, and others with the view from out multiple windows in the castle. There was one of a rolling with trees on one side and a river that flowed off the other side. She had a talent at being able to get the colors exactly like the real life thing. She had a couple ones of sunsets that showed the bright oranges and reds that pierced the sky.

            “I can’t wait to go home,” she said after I was done.

            I merely nodded but didn’t say anything.

            “Well,” she said, “I guess it’s time to get ready for dinner.” Alyssa got up and walked over to the door. The hallways were completely empty as we made our way to her room. She walked in and I walked off decidedly roaming the halls until dinner. I would most likely have to help out once again in serving the food. It bothered me because I was once again reminded that I was a slave, a “lowly vampire” and that a future with Alyssa was very slim. But let’s face it, I love her and even though it took me until today to figure that out. I knew it was true as soon as I thought it. She might not love me back, and I won’t say anything until the time is right or I might scare her off. It would probably be better though if I just stayed out of her love life altogether. Let her find someone that she could love without being criticized, but once in my life I felt like being selfish and threw that idea away.

             “Chase,” someone called and I turned around. It was James. “Come on, time to serve the royals.”

            I walked over to him and he asked, “Have you met the other vampires yet?” I nodded. “Not to friendly of a pair don’t you think?” he asked.

            I had a flashback of earlier and shrugged. “They seemed nice enough,” I replied and James gave me a weird look.

            “They wouldn’t even talk to me,” he said, “All I got was a couple of glares. What about you?”

            “Well their names are Andrew and Sirena if that’s what you’re asking.”

            He smiled at me, “How did you manage that?” I shrugged in response. “Well here we are,” he said and opened the door to the kitchen and walked in. The cook had already prepared the food and set it waiting to be served on the table that lay in the middle of the kitchen. Sirena and Andrew were already there and Andrew gave me a small smile. Sirena’s face stayed hard as stone. At least she wasn’t glaring at me. That was an improvement.

            The cook gave two plates to Andrew and said, “King Charles and Queen Charlotte. She gave to more to Sirena and said, “Prince Liam and Princess Isobel.” I watched Sirena to see if her arm still hurt. The swelling was completely gone, but she did wince slightly when she picked up the plate. Andrew sent a worried look in her direction, but nothing more. The cook gave two more plates to James. “King and Queen,” she said. She gave me the last one. “The Princess,” she murmured. I nodded and we all walked out.

King Charles sat at the head of the table with his wife to the right of him and Alyssa’s father to the left. Alyssa’s mother sat next to her father and Alyssa next to her mother. Isobel sat across from her chatting to Alyssa.