Chapter 30

It's up!!! Yay! So i hope you enjoy it! Like i said in the last chapter there will only be a couple chapters left till this story is finally finished! Probably looking at three more chapters... I'm not for sure exactly yet... Well please vote, comment, and fan!! I'll try to have the next chapter up by the weekend but i'm not to sure how this week is going to play out yet so that's not a definate thing...

Chapter 30

Alyssa’s POV

I left the dungeon and headed towards my room. I had to wait till dark to get Chase out. The waiting was going to kill me. I sat down on my bed resting my head on my hand. The minutes ticked slowly by and I laid down on the bed and closed my eyes. Soon enough I was asleep, not realizing how tired I was until my eyes had closed.

****** *******  ******   *******  ******

I woke up with a start and looked out the window. Dusk had settled and I quickly pushed myself up. I opened the door to my room and peeked out. No one was in the hallway.

I walked out and headed towards James’s little room, hoping he was there.

I knocked on his door and stood there waiting for a moment for him to open it. The door swung open and a grumpy James stared down at me.

“What do you want?” he grumbled angrily. “I haven’t even been in here for a minute and someone already comes knocking at my door.”

“I’m sorry,” I murmured.

He sighed and looked at me. “No, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be rude, it’s just been a long day,” he said and I nodded in agreement. “What do you need?”

“Your help.”

“With what?” he asked.

“I need you to help me break Chase out,” I said quickly.

“Why would you want me to do that Alyssa? Face it, he’s not who you thought he was, or else he wouldn’t have left and hurt you like he did.”

“He is though,” I said trying to convince him. “Please James! The only reason he was gone was because he knew something. Something that I had told him that was supposed to stay a secret. But now he knows and he is going to die because of it. You got to help me! Chase didn’t do anything. It will be all my fault if he dies. Please, just help me save him. Please James, I need you.”

“Alyssa…” he said uncertainly. His eyes twitched back and forth, looking at everything but me.

I grabbed his face with my hands and turned it towards me. My eyes locked with his, holding them in place. I could feel the tears welling up inside them. I needed James’s help.