Chapter 10

Ok chapter 10 is up!!! vote, comment, fan!!! like seriously, no joke, vote comment fan!!!  I thank the people who have voted and commented and fanned!  I really appreciate it!

Chapter 10

Chase’s POV

            I glared full on at the king and he glared right back.  There was such hate in his eyes it took me by surprise, but I kept my face neutral.  He started digging down with his knife on my cheek, and without much pressure he broke the skin.  He dug his knife deeper and deeper into my flesh, dragging a scraggly line down my cheek.  I ignored the pain, I had been through worse.  I could feel as the drops of blood slid down my cheek to the end of my chin and drop to the floor.  I didn’t care though, it would heal fast, especially after I had a glass of blood...or two. 

            “I’ve got to leave you with something to remember me by though” he sneered, shaking me out of my thoughts, “not just this puny scratch.”  Alyssa’s father dropped the knife from my cheek and out it to the middle of my stomach.  Then he pushed it deep down to where only the hilt was protruding from my stomach.  He twisted the blade around in a half circle before pulling it back out.  I bent over in pain and grabbed my stomach covering the hole he had left.  I looked back up and came face to face with the knife that was covered in blood.  My blood.  He laughed a crazy maniacally laugh, which led me to believe he was actually crazy.  

“Your highness?” someone called from down the hall.  The king, startled, quickly jumped away from me, and sheathed his knife.  I straitened up still keeping my hand over the wound.  I still couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle from the king’s reaction, which earned me a glare.

            “Over here.” He the king yelled.  His advisor, which I found out was Aaron, walked over to where we were, gave me a curious glance, before saying in a serious tone of voice, “You are needed in your office right away.”

            Giving me one last glare the king nodded and followed Aaron down the hallway.  I sighed in relief when he left.  Hopefully I won’t have to see him again today.  I watched them leave, before walking the rest of the way to the kitchen.

            “Blood please.” I said when I walked in to the chef.  Without looking up from her work she reached down and pulled out a bag and tossed it behind her.  I caught the baggy before it hit the floor, tore it open, and greedily drank it.  I instantly felt my wound on my face healing itself and by the time I got back to where Alyssa was staying it would just be a scar.  The one in my stomach was a different story…  The blood helped, but just a little bit.

 I walked to my room and tore strips off the white sheet on the bed.  I wrapped it around my midsection and quickly put on another shirt.  One that didn’t have blood on it.  I didn’t want Alyssa to know what had happened.  Knowing her she would get all worked up about it and then do something she would regret later.  Hopefully she’ll be still be out when I get in there, so it will give me more time to heal the scratch on my cheek.  I headed over to the room she was staying in and hoped for the best. 

I walked into the room and the first thing that I noticed was that Alyssa had awakened.   She was lying there with her head propped up on pillows, staring at the ceiling with an emotionless mask as her face. 

“How are you feeling?” I asked.

“Fine.” She replied and looked over in my direction.  “What happened to your face?!?”