Chapter 17

Ok here is chapter 17!!! Yay! Well this one is just more of a filler, so nothing really happens, but I hope you like it... Well vote, comment, fan!!!!!!!!  And most of all enjoy = )

Chapter 17

“Hurry up Alyssa!  It’s time to go!”  My father yelled down the hallway and since my door was open I could hear him pretty well.   I quickly handed the last few things to the maid that was standing by that I was going to take for the trip.  The maid quickly hurried out the door to the carriage waiting in the driveway.

I stuck my head out of the open doorway and yelled, “Give me one more minute!”  I could hear my father’s frustrated growl float down the hallway.  I smirked at his agitated tone, I wasn’t purposely trying to make him mad, but it was still funny.

I turned back to Chase who was watching me with slight amusement and then quickly started searching my room.  I had to find the collar for Chase.  My father had pulled me aside this morning and had told me to remember it, and I had no choice but to listen to him.  After a couple minutes of searching I found it under my bed.  Reluctantly I laid on my stomach, fished it out, and grabbed the key out of my top drawer near my bed.

I walked over to Chase who was in his usual position, arms crossed leaning on my wall. “I’m sorry Chase I really am, but I’m going to have to make you wear this.” I said and l really was sorry.

Chase gracefully pushed himself off the wall and covered the few feet in between us in a matter of seconds.  He pulled me against his chest and gently stroked my hair.  It was actually pretty soothing.  “It’s okay Alyssa.  I’m fine with it,” he said reassuringly and I almost actually believed him.  He pulled back and took the heavy chain from my hands and quickly put it on.  Then he grabbed my hand and started tugging me out the door and I reluctantly followed.

We walked down the hallway and Chase quickly let my hand go just in time too, because my father had just came around the corner and was making his way to us. 

“There you are Alyssa,” He sneered and glanced at Chase. “I was beginning to wonder what was holding you up,” He said and pointedly looked at the small gap in between Chase and I. Panic seized me for a moment.  Did he know about Chase and I?  I quickly dismissed that idea as one of paranoia.

“I just had to grab one more thing, I had misplaced it, so it took me a moment to find it.” I replied coolly.

He nodded and intertwined my arm with his, causing Chase to follow behind us as we walked down the hall.

We walked out the doors and down the steps making our way to the carriage.

My father opened the door to the carriage.  I could see my mother already sitting in it, she gave me a small smile when she saw me and I smiled back.  “After you milady,” he said

I shook my head no and he stared at me suspiciously.  “I’m going to ride my horse instead.  I haven’t been able to since the…” I said groping for a word, “accident.”  He nodded and I turned around just in time to see a palace guard pulling two saddled horses our way.  My brown one, and one other one for Chase that was already saddled, just liked I had requested earlier.  I knew Chase liked to ride horses just as much as I do, so instead of making him run the whole way there, he’ll get to ride.  I took the reins from the guard and nimbly jumped onto my horse and motioned Chase to do the same.  He raised one eyebrow up questionably and hopped on the horse next to me.  The guards that were coming with us did the same and we were on our way.

We were moving in a slow trot as we rode beside the carriage.  James was running behind it, like always, my father wouldn’t dare put him on horseback.  He doesn’t think it’s right to let a “slave” ride a horse.