Chapter 13

Chapter 13 is up!!! sorry it took so long! I couldn't think of anything to write....  Well thank-you to all the people who voted, commented, and fanned! I love reading the comments and wish more of you would comment or vote. Voting would be nice...  Well please vote, comment, fan!! Like literally vote, comment fan!!!!!!!!

Chapter 13

Chase’s POV

            Today was the day Alyssa was finally off of bed rest.  She was excited, she had been counting down the days for this moment.  The healer came into the room and told Alyssa she could get up.   I stood by the edge of the bed, watching as she started to get up, ready to help if she needed it.  She gently swung her legs over the side of the bed and with a determined face on she stood up putting most of her weight onto her non-injured leg. Slowly but surely she took a few painful steps forward.  She tried to hide the fact that she was hurting, but I could tell.  I wanted to go over there and help her, but she would take offense to that.

“Now you can’t immediately go back to walking as much as you did before.  Make sure you rest your leg every once and a while.” The healer told Alyssa.

Alyssa sent a dazzling smile in her direction and nodded in acknowledgment. Then she sent that brilliant smile in my direction and said, “Come on Chase, let’s walk around a little bit.”

I nodded and followed her out the door.  She was walking slow, slower than usual, and had a very slight limp.  She didn’t seem to notice though, she was happy that she could finally walk around.  Alyssa traveled down the hallway as if she was looking for someone.  A maid started walking out of a room and Alyssa motioned her over, for what reason, I have no idea.

“I need someone to go to town and pick up something for me from Madeline.  Can you send someone for me?” Alyssa told her.  I wracked my brain for the person named Madeline, trying to figure out who she was talking about.  That’s when it hit me, Madeline was the lady at the market that was making me some new clothes.  She had said she would be done in a week, and sure enough a week has passed by.  I’m surprised Alyssa had remembered that, I know I had forgotten.

The maid nodded, eyes downcast, and said, “Yes Princess.”

Alyssa smiled, “Thanks, and when they get back have them bring the package to me immediately please.”

Again the maid muttered a quiet, “Yes Princess,” and then hurried down the hall.

“What should we do?” Alyssa asked me.

I smiled, leant down, and whispered into her ear. “I have a surprise for you.”

She looked back up at me with her gleaming blue eyes, “What is it?”

I laughed, “If I told you, it wouldn’t be a surprise anymore.”

“Please just tell me!” She pouted, “You know I don’t like surprises!”

“Nope.” I answered. “My lips are sealed.”

“Please?” she asked again.

“No.” I said with an air of finality.  “You’re just going to have to wait and see.”  And with that said I swiftly, and gently, picked her up and started running.

Alyssa let out a startled gasp and quickly locked her arms around my neck.  “Chase put me down!” she demanded.

“No can do, it would take too long to walk to at the speed you were going.” I answered smirking at her.  We had made it out of the castle and I was now running down the driveway.

            She sighed in defeat, “Can you at least telling me where we are going?”

            I shook my head, “The only thing I will tell you is that we will still be on your land.”