Shy (OLD VERSION)

By TashaPageWriting

"She's shy," Brooke shrugged, glancing at Indianna who looked like she wanted to be anywhere but in the class... More

I- New School, New Town, New Friends.
II- Greyson.
III- Pain
IV- Sick
V- "It Is You"
VI- Greyson
VII- PE
VIII- Storm
IX- Dinner
X- "I Want You"
XI- The Beginning
XII- Doc
XIII- Answers
XIV- Mark
XV- "My Grandma Looks Better Than You, She's Been Dead For 10 Years"
XVI- Stacy's Warning
XVII- Who Is Rogue?
XVIII- Lies
XIX- Harry and Brooke
XX- Brooke's Past
XXI- "You're Fucking Tough, Indie."
XXII- "You're Rogue?"
XXIII- "I Don't Like Killing."
XXIV- "Spank me?"
XXV- In His Head
XXVI- A Spy?
XXVII- Kal
XXVIII- Meeting The Pack
XXIX- The Girl
XXX- Nightmare
XXXI- "You're Welcome To Go Topless"
XXXII- Poor Brooke
XXXIII- Ellie
XXXIV- Being Sincere
XXXV- The Confrontation
XXXVI- The Attack
XXXVII- The Aftermath
XXXVIII- "On the way to good."
XXXIX- The Last Stage
XLI- A Delivery
XLII- Distraction
XLIII- Lake Party
XLIV- Shift
XLV- Iris
XLVI- Argument
XLVII- Make Up Sex
XLVIII- Being Human
XLIX - Trouble In Paradise
L- Laura
LI - Pack Bonding
LII - Tease #1
LIII - Tease #2
Not A Chapter
LIV- Drugs
LV - I Love You
LVI- Birthday
LVII- Breakdown
LVIII- Surprise Present
LVIX - Indianna's Plan
LX- The Falls
LXI- The Branding Ceremony?
LXII- No More Secrets
LXIII- Rogue Strikes Again
Not An Update
LXIV- Rogue Revealed
LXV- Dealing With The Revelations
LXVI- Jason
LXVII- The Branding Ceremony #1
LXVIII- The Branding Ceremony #2
LXIX- Healing
LXX - Mates?
LXXI- Kimberly
LXXII- The Plan
LXXIII- Not Going To Plan
LXXIV- Rogue's Demands
LXXV- Family Reunion
LXXVI- Bait
LXXVII- Relief?
LXXVIII- Strong
LXXIX- The Present
Thank you
Rant
Book 2
Sequels, Prequels, and Other Books
Shy REWRITTEN

XL- The Parents

240K 8.2K 1.7K
By TashaPageWriting

Indianna screamed and curled up on the bed in pain. She squeezed her eyes shut and whimpered, wishing the pain would go away.

"Oh, hun," Brooke sighed and dabbed a cool towel on Indianna's burning forehead. "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault," Indianna whimpered and groaned as another wave of pain flooded her body. "B-Brooke?"

"Yes?"

"Greyson," Indianna whispered and hissed in pain. "Can you g-get Greyson?"

"Of course!" Brooke said and rushed out of the room. Seconds later Greyson walked in and he crouched down beside the bed that Indianna was laying on.

"You're looking dashing today," he said with a smirk and Indianna rolled her eyes at him and managed to weakly punch him.

"Shut up, I asked for you so you can help with the pain, not be an ass," Indianna groaned.

"I can do both, don't worry," he said smugly and stood up, walking round the bed and laying down next to Indianna. He gently grabbed Indianna's arms and pulled her into his chest, wrapping his arms round her. The sparks shocked Indianna's skin, but they soothed the pain and relaxed her body. She sighed in relief and rested her head against Greyson's chest and closed her eyes.

"Thanks," she breathed and Greyson played with Indianna's hair.

"No problem, sugar," Greyson said. "So, I hear you grew a tail earlier."

"It was horrifying," Indianna grumbled, breathing in sharply when there was a stab of pain in her chest.

"It's normal."

"For a wolf, yes. A human, definitely not."

Greyson chuckled. "You're so whiny."

"I am currently in immense pain, I am randomly growing body parts of a wolf and I can hear every single freaking conversation, cough, laugh, sometimes even breaths of people downstairs and it is giving me a massive headache! Can you bloody blame me for moaning?"

Greyson laughed and kissed Indianna's head. "Touché."

"I just want it all to stop."

"It will soon, but the heightened senses you are going to have to live with- adjust to."

"Greyson, how do you block it all out? The noise? The constant hum of people talking and cars driving down roads miles away from here? How?"

"Practise," Greyson shrugged. "And something else to concentrate on."

"Like what?"

"Well, I concentrate on you."

"I'd rather kill myself than concentrate entirely on you."

"Lies," Greyson growled playfully and kissed Indianna's cheek. "You love me."

"You're mistaken."

"Mmm," Greyson said into Indianna's ear. "Sure I am."

"Shut up and let me sleep. The pain is stopping me from sleeping and when you're here the pain dulls, so be quiet," Indianna said and closed her eyes.

"You need me," Greyson whispered and smirked. "So be polite or I can easily get up and walk out." Greyson faked standing up and Indianna weakly reached out and grabbed Greyson's hand.

"No," she mumbled, sleep starting to catch up with her. "Stay."

*

"Greyson-" Kal burst into the room and stopped speaking when Greyson narrowed his eyes at Kal. "Sorry," Kal whispered, looking at Indianna who was sleeping soundly. "You're needed downstairs."

"It can wait," Greyson said. "She's not slept properly in days because of the pain she is in. When I'm with her it goes away so I'm staying till she wakes up."

"But, Grey, your parents are home."

"Tell them to come up then, she's out like a light, she won't wake easily," Greyson shrugged and ran his fingers down Indianna's arm.

"That's not all," Kal said and frowned. "They aren't alone."

Greyson arched an eyebrow. "Then who's with them?"

"I don't know, apparently it's your cousin."

Greyson frowned. "Kal, all of my cousins are human. There is a human here and Indianna suddenly grows claws, sprouts hair and moves really quickly at any time. Why the fuck is there a human at my pack house?"

"Dude, d'you think I know?" Kal shrugged, but his eyes suddenly lit up. "Wait, did she really grow a tail earlier? Fuck, I would've paid to see that! It must've looked hilarious!"

Greyson tried to keep a serious face but the corners of his mouth twitched up and he rolled his eyes. "I wasn't there, Brooke, Kirstie and Mac were."

"Ah man," Kal grumbled.

"Kal, send my parents up and keep my cousin busy while I talk to them. Under no circumstances will my cousin be allowed to wander around alone, God knows what they might see."

Kal nodded and exited the room, shutting the door quietly behind him.

"A fucking human," Greyson sighed. "More bait for fucking Rogue."

*

The door to Indianna's room opened and Greyson's parents walked in. Greyson smiled at the two of them, but made no move to get up and hug them because of Indianna in his arms.

"Grey, it's so lovely to see you! It's been so long!" His mother, Laura, said.

"You too, mum," Greyson smiled. "Good holiday?"

"It was nice, son," Greyson's dad, Mark, nodded. "So it's true, you've found your mate."

Greyson looked down at Indianna. "Yep."

"Darling, she's stunning," Laura gushed.

"She is."

"Son, why has she got claws?" Mark frowned.

"She's a werewolf, well about to become one. She's Indianna Hughs," Greyson said and Mark gasped quietly.

"Hughs? My God, Alpha Hughs daughter?"

"The one and only," Greyson nodded.

"If she's here, does that mean Iris is too?" Laura asked.

"Yes."

"Oh my, I've not seen her in years! I can't believe she's in town!"

"Mum, dad," Greyson said, his tone turning serious. "Please tell me that you haven't brought a human to my pack house."

"Your cousin," Laura said. "When we were in England she was getting into all sorts of trouble and causing a nuisance for your Aunt and Uncle so they asked if she could come stay with us for a few months to try and sort her behaviour out."

"Fuck," Greyson cursed.

"Greyson, what's wrong?" Mark asked.

"You have to send her back to England, now."

"Why?"

"We have a Rogue problem," Greyson muttered.

"A few rogues we can deal with, besides we can't send her home with no explanation," Mark said.

"No, dad, it's not a few random rogues," Greyson sighed. "It's the Rogue. Rogue who attacked Alpha Hughs and Indianna when she was younger. He's in town. He has been stalking Indianna, he nearly killed her, he killed and innocent human and he raped Brooklyn, he also has a spy who attends our school. Now is not the time for a clueless human to be wandering round town and my house."

"Greyson!" Laura gasped. "Why didn't you tell us!"

"I thought you would be away for months," Greyson shrugged. "I didn't think I'd need to tell you guys."

"He nearly killed your mate?" Mark frowned.

"Yes and I don't want to talk about it," Greyson snapped. "You need to go downstairs and send my cousin back home. Now."

"Darling, we can't," Laura said. "We promised your Aunt and Uncle we'd help her."

"I don't give a shit! I don't think she'll be able to get any help if Rogue kills her! Or if Indianna accidentally grows a tail or moves extremely fast in front of her! Indianna is going to shift soon, how can we explain that to a human who has nothing to do with our world?"

Greyson had risen his voice and Indianna stirred, the loudness waking her up. "Greyson?" She yawned.

"Shit," Greyson muttered and cupped Indianna's cheek. "Sugar, go back to sleep, you need to rest." Indianna yawned and shook her head, moving to sit up straight. "Seriously, Indie, you've had hardly any sleep, rest."

"Stop being bossy," she grumbled and rubbed her eyes. Her eyes landed on Mark and Laura and she frowned. "Er..."

"Indie, these are my parents," Greyson said and wrapped his arm round Indianna's waist when he realised that the pain was starting to come back.

"Hello, darling," Laura said with a huge motherly smile, "it's so lovely to meet you. I'm Laura."

"Hi," Indianna said quietly.

"She's shy around new people," Greyson said and rolled his eyes. "She will probably only talk to you in one word sentences for a few weeks. It took Brooklyn ages for her to open up and Kal is slowly progressing with her too."

Indianna punched Greyson's arm, her werewolf strength kicking in. *Shut up, you ass*

"Jheeze, you're packing a punch," Greyson muttered.

"I like her already," Mark grinned. "Hi, Indianna, I'm Mark. I was a friend of your fathers, he was a good man, I'm sorry for your loss."

Indianna chewed on her lip and nodded. "He was. Thank you."

"Okay, now introductions are over can we address the elephant in the room? The human. What the hell are we going to do with her?" Greyson said loudly and Laura sighed.

"We can't send her back to England, she needs help."

"Fucksake," Greyson sighed.

"Language, young man," Laura scolded and Greyson rolled his eyes.

"If she gets ripped apart by Rogue or witnesses something to do with werewolves it's all on you two," Greyson said.

"She'll be safe. Rogue won't touch her. She'll be protected," Mark said.

"Will she? And who will protect her?"

"The pack."

"Will they now?" Greyson questioned.

"She is your cousin and my niece. They will," Mark said sternly.

"Greyson," Indianna frowned, not understanding the full conversation, but getting the basics. "Rogue is a monster. Whoever this person is, they deserve protection. Need protection."

Greyson sighed. "Fine. Where is she staying?"

"Here," Mark said.

"Not happening. She can stay at your house," Greyson said.

"We don't have the spare room," Laura said.

"She can sleep on the freaking couch then. Indianna is going to shift at anytime, we can risk her seeing that!"

"Greyson, please, darling," Laura said. "She's family."

*Greyson, we can hide what's going on with me from her.*

Greyson looked at Indianna and shook his head. "You're meant to back me, not side with them," he said and Indianna chuckled slightly.

*I'll always be here to disagree with you,* she said and Greyson sighed loudly.

"Fine. She can stay, but I'm not dealing with her."

Laura and Mark smiled triumphantly. "We shall show her to her new room. Indianna, it was lovely to meet you, we must all talk later, get to know each other," Laura said and Indianna nodded slowly.

"We'll discuss Rogue later," Mark said and the two of them made their way out of the room.

"Thanks for the support," Greyson said sarcastically and rolled his eyes.

"You're welcome," Indianna yawned and rested her head on his shoulder. "So, your cousin is here."

"Yep," Greyson muttered. "My parents can be so fucking stupid sometimes. A freaking human is at my pack house."

"She won't find out."

"If she does I'm not dealing with the shit that comes with it, my parents brought her here they can deal with her."

"She's your cousin," Indianna frowned.

"So?"

"You're mean."

Greyson shrugged. "And?"

"She sounds troubled and you aren't going to help her?" Indianna asked.

"Why should I? She's not my responsibility."

Indianna sighed and shook her head, looking down at her hands just as her claws turned back into normal nails. "Thank god," she whispered.

"How are you feeling?" Greyson wondered.

"Currently," Indianna said, "okay."

Greyson smirked and ran his fingers down Indianna's arm. "You're welcome."

"Idiot," she muttered. "Earlier however, I felt horrible."

"It should be over soon. Once you shift all of this shit will be over."

"Once I shift," Indianna murmured and gulped. "Great..."

Greyson unwrapped his arms from Indianna and pushed himself off the bed. Immediately Indianna missed his touch and she desperately wanted to reach out and grab him. Touch his warm skin and let the tingles rush through her body, soothing the pain that was just starting to form.

"It comes back that fast?" Greyson wondered, scratching his stubble.

"No," Indianna lied and crossed her arms over her chest. "I'm fine."

"Bullshit," Greyson scoffed and held out his hand. "C'mon lets go."

Indianna ignored his hand and swung her legs off the bed, she moved with unnatural speed, yet it was starting to feel normal to her. Greyson rolled his eyes at her and stuffed his hands into his pockets. Indianna gasped out loud when a sharp pain ran through her chest and she winced, doubling over.

"You don't like admitting that you need me, do you?" Greyson smirked and watched as Indianna gritted her teeth and forced herself up.

"I don't need you," Indianna muttered and blew out a long breath. Her body was starting to warm up and she could feel her vest top sticking to her back.

Greyson just smirked. "Of course, you're tough and would rather be in immense pain than give in and let someone help you."

Indianna ran her fingers through her hair and closed her eyes. Her heightened senses picked up someone yelling downstairs and she winced. She felt a bead of sweat drip down her forehead and another wave of pain rushed through her.

"Are you sure you want to walk downstairs by yourself? You don't look like you can hold yourself up for much longer, sugar," Greyson said and boredly played with his lip ring, waiting for Indianna to give up.

"I'm fine," Indianna groaned and looked at Greyson. One touch from him would make her feel better.

One touch and she'd be fine.

Why was she so against him helping her?

Indianna sighed and held out her hand. Greyson's smirk widened and she narrowed her eyes at him. "Shut up," she muttered and Greyson walked up to her, placing his hands on her waist.

The simple touch ignited a rush of pleasure in Indianna that only Greyson could create. It never got old. She doubted it ever would.

Greyson cupped her cheek and smirked. "You need me. You always will. Stop fighting it, sugar."

"Where's the fun in that?" She wondered and Greyson pursed his lips, shaking his head at Indianna.

"Let's go meet my cousin," Greyson sighed.

"Don't be mean to her," Indianna said as they headed for the door.

"I'm not promising anything."

"Greyson!"

Greyson smirked and linked his fingers with Indianna's. "Why did I get stuck with a nice mate?"

"I ask myself the opposite everyday. Why did I get stuck with a complete and utter asshole?"

"Ooh harsh," Greyson laughed and they walked out of the room and into the hallway. Like always, Greyson's pack members smiled comfortingly at Indianna and greeted her softly. Everyone in this pack wanted their Luna to feel safe, comfortable. They knew she would warm up to them in time.

"Alpha, Luna," an older woman approached the two of them and bowed her head respectfully.

"Martha," Greyson greeted. "How may we help?"

"Actually, Alpha, I wanted to help you."

Greyson raised his eyebrows expectantly and gestured for Martha to carry on.

Martha turned to Indianna and smiled. "Luna, dear, I've heard that you have trouble sleeping because of the pain you are in?" Indianna nodded and Martha held out a small box. "I mixed some erbs together for you, they will help you sleep. They also do wonders for stress."

"Oh, thank you," Indianna said, taking the box from Martha. "Thank you, Martha."

"It's not a problem, dear," Martha smiled. "I'm always mixing up erbs to help pack members. If you ever need help with anything, pop in to me and I'll see if I can sort something out."

"Thank you, Martha," Greyson nodded. "I'm pretty sure Doc will be pleased to see that you're still working with erbs," he said sarcastically.

Martha chuckled and rolled her eyes. "Doc is amazing at what he does, he just doesn't understand that help doesn't always come from a bottle of pills."

"And he never will," Greyson chuckled. "Martha, thank you again, but we have to be somewhere."

"Of course," Martha nodded. "It was lovely meeting you, Luna."

"Indie," Indianna said. "Please, don't call me Luna."

Martha nodded and smiled. "Indie, I hope the erbs help with your troubles."

"Come on, let's go meet my bratty cousin."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.3K 3.6K 52
/Highest Ranking : #746 in werewolf 5-26-17 / Started: May 2017 / Ended: December 2017 "I can't," was my reply. "I just.... I c-can't." His concern s...
75.1K 2.3K 33
I feel his lips on mine like the were ment for each other.it feels like the whole world has been waiting for this moment and it's just us in this wor...
2.6M 76.6K 48
#40 in werewolf -/-/- #55 in werewolf 4/18/2018 #71 in werewolf 11/18/2018 Book #1 of the 2&2 novels I didn't see it coming. Well physically I cant...
940K 20.3K 16
"You are mine, no one else's but mine!" He growled lowly into my ear, it was so alluring when his lips slightly brushed against my ear. "Let me go S...