3000 Nights

Από LiteraryMusician

▪▪▪ They spent 3000 nights watching each other from afar. Both plagued by a sense of longing towards the oth... Περισσότερα

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
••EPILOGUE••

31

3.2K 154 10
Από LiteraryMusician

I drove to school in a daze.

My mind was only on one thing...

Travis.

He was mine. 

Totally, and completely.

Forever.

***

I barely remember getting out of my car and going to Math class.

"So what are you gonna wear to Dom's party tomorrow Krys?" Mia asked, jerking me from my thoughts.

"Huh? Oh... umm... I don't know. Probably what I always wear... jeans." I replied. Still not remembering walking to class. All I remember is seeing blue eyes and feeling warm sensations drowning me in the most immense amount of love and pleasure I've ever felt, and ever would.

"Ugh come on girl, you gotta at least try a little. What if we come over tomorrow after school and pick something out!!" She screeched happily.

I sighed. "Yes. Yes. Okay, I surrender, you can help with my outfit."

"Oh yeah! 1 point for Mia!" She yelled, throwing her hands in the air.

We all laughed until the new math teacher Mrs. Walker looked over from her desk and shushed us with her finger.

The rest of the day went on fairly quickly, luckily I never ran in to Dom, which made me relieved but also scared me... He could be out there right now killing other people.

After school I walked to my car and Belle was waiting by my car.

I was still agonizing over Dom and what tomorrow would bring. She must have seen my distress because she said, "Don't worry. Tomorrow will be here soon enough and we'll stop him. Maybe he's had a change of heart and is trying to suppress his murderous tendencies." She stated.

I felt sick just thinking about it. "Yeah maybe... I hope your right." I said.

"Me too." She replied. "I'll see you tomorrow."

I climbed in my Jeep and drove home.

"Making some penne ala Vodka, and a salad for dinner tonight Krys." My Mom said as I walked into the house.

"Sounds good Mom, I'm gonna do some homework before then." I replied as I climbed the stairs to my room.

I pulled out my portfolio and started working on the oil painting of the Travis and his wolf.

Now that I had met Travis as a human a few times, I longed to have a real photograph of him. I guess my oil painting would have to do for now.

I thumbed through my portfolio looking at the pictures of his wolf. I had tons of paintings and sketches and even photos of him as a wolf.

I laid the picture of his man form and wolf form on my desk and continued to add some touches of color here and there. I started to color in the background of the forest and sky and lake.  I got distracted and began staring at the picture of him and thinking about everything that happened on the last 24 hours.

I looked out my window longing to see Travis. Of course he told me he had to take care of pack business to prepare for tomorrow.

I gingerly touched the mark under my sweater. It was slightly raised, but had healed quickly and was now smooth to the touch. In about a day I would make my first change into a werewolf.

I couldn't believe it. This was crazy. I wondered how I'd explain all of this to my family.

"Krystal! Dinners ready!" My Mom's voice brought my thoughts to a halt as I heard her call from the bottom of the stairs. I scrambled from my inner thoughts to head down to the kitchen.

I sat at the table next to Charlie and across from my Mom and Grandfather.

"So, have you seen that boy Travis again? Maybe we should have him over for dinner this weekend Krystal, what do you think?" She asked with an all knowing smile. God, she would never let my brain have peace. She would ask about him until she was sore in the throat.

"Uhh... yeah, that's a good idea... Maybe Sunday?" I thought, thinking we should wait until Dom is captured and stopped.

"Sunday it is! What should we make? Do you know his favorite food?" She asked.

"No Mom, I haven't asked him that. I'm sure he'd like anything..." I trailed off thinking of the time he was starving that one winter and I brought him steaks to eat.

"Maybe steak?" I chimed back in.

"Ohhh. Yes. Steak will be great! And some fried veggies! And maybe a pasta salad! What you think Dad?" My mom turned to my grandpa.

"Steak... sounds great. I love steak. I'm sure that boy will too." He said with a grumble.

"Okay, it's settled. So, when are you gonna see him again to ask him to dinner?" My Mom asked.

"Tomorrow. I'll see him tomorrow at a party." I replied.

"Oh, what party?"

"Dom's."

"That boy who brought you flowers last week?" Mom asked.

"Yup. That's the one." I grumbled.

My Mom raised her eyebrows, "So... what's up with you two? Do you like him or Travis?"

Ughhhhhh... "Mom!!!"

"What honey? I'm just trying to understand you and your friends and your boyfriends."

"Ugh... Well Dom isn't my boyfriend, I don't even like him Mom. He's annoying, and an ass. He just thinks I'm a good chase." I told her.

"And Travis?"

"Well... Travis... we've known each other for a while... and well, I think we've always had feelings for each other... soo..." I said awkwardly.

"Well, he sure seems like a good guy, and it's obvious he likes you. And he's not so bad on the eyes!" She said with a laugh.

"Krystal's got a boyfriend! Krystal's got a boyfriend! Krystal's got a..."

I slammed my hand over Charlie's mouth, silencing his antics. Sometimes I wanted to slap the kid.

"Enough boy." My Grandpa said sternly to my brother. "Leave your sister alone." Charlie just rolled his eyes but he finally shut his mouth.

When dinner was over and cleaned up I headed upstairs to give Mia and Belle a call.

I called Belle first, wanting to go over the plan with her before I got Mia on the line.

"So tomorrow, I have 20 minutes to try and lure Dom to come outside with me so Travis and his pack can capture Dom. Your job is to keep people away from Dom, and try to keep people from going outside. That may be impossible but just keep your eyes open."

"You got it. He needs to be stopped. Keeping everyone safe is the top priority. But I don't know if I like the idea of you going off on your own with serial killer Dom..." Belle said.

"I know. Travis said the same thing. So he said I have 20 minutes until he breaks the door down and kills him."

"Wow. Okay, so I guess we should be okay... hey so, how are things you know... with your wolf-man?" She asked.

"Well things are great... he kissed me the other night, the day when he had been waiting outside by my car that day. And then he came over again last night... and we sorta - kinda made out again..."

"Woooahhh Nelly, what!!?? What happened? How was it?! Was it everything you've ever dreamed?" She asked.

If this were any other situation, with any other guy, I would have rolled my eyes at that.

It just sounded corny and lame and mushy-gushy.

"Even better. I'll tell you all about it another time. Let's call Mia."

"Ughhh... I don't know if I'll be able to live with the suspense." She replied. I just laughed, because I wasn't going to go into detail at the moment 

Our conversation lasted another half an hour before we decided to hang up and get some sleep.

▪▪▪

Friday's school day had come and gone really quick.

The only down side was Dom finally made an appearance at lunch, while he was suspiciously absent throughout the earlier portion of the day. He made sure to remind everyone about his party. He pulled me to the side after the bell rang and kissed me on the cheek, "Hey, you're still coming tonight, right? I have something special planned for us. I really want you to be there." He said softly with a smile as he bent down to kiss me again, slowly this time. What was is with him and kissing my God-damned cheek!?!

Oh Lord, I think I may just yak right here, right now on his nice ass expensive shoes. He was starting to smell like death to me, and I couldn't take it. Every time he came near me he tried to smother me with hand holding and hugs and slobbery-wet murderous kisses.

I didn't know what I wanted to happen to Dom, but I knew I just wanted him far, far, far away from me.

I nodded quickly, running out of the cafeteria to get to my next class and continue avoiding Dom as much as possible until tonight.

Before I could blink the three of us were back at my house getting ready for the night ahead.

"Hey Krys, who's that?!" Mia asked curiously as she picked up the oil painting of Travis and his wolf.

"Ohh... umm... him... that's... you know..."

"No, I don't know. Is he someone you know?" She asked wiggling her eyebrows.

"Uhh... yes...?"

"Well how do you know him? He sure as hell doesn't go to Trenton, I would totally remeber a face, and not to mention a body like that!!" She was staring deviously at the picture of him, practically slobbering over the portrait of Travis' immaculate body structure. I wanted to snatch my painting back, but I let her stare a little longer.

"I uhh, met him at his wildlife preserve around the block. He's in college... And his family owns that animal rescue nearby... So he works there..." I answered nervously.

I didn't really know how to tell her about Travis, I was afraid she wouldn't understand or accept the fact that I hated her precious popular boy Dom that she had chosen for me and tried so desperately to set me up with.

"Well daaayyyuummm!! Gurl... he's like mouthwateringly fricken beautiful!!! Screw Dom. I mean, and he works at an animal rescue? That's totally up your alley...." She looked closer at the photo, her eyes popping wide as she continued to stare. Belle took the photo out of Mia's hands, and plopped on my bed surveying the picture for herself, her eyebrows raising up and a satisfactory grin on her face as she made a quiet "hmmm."

"He looks and sounds great Krystal, and if he's awesome enough for you to draw a picture of him next to your favorite animal, then he must be special. We can't wait to meet him!" Belle said from her spot on my bed throwing me a big grin.

"How long have you known him?" Mia asked laying next to Belle on her tummy.

"Umm... well, technically for years, since his family owns that animal rescue down the block, so I've seen him around, but a few weeks ago..." I tried to think quickly. "One of the wolves seemed to have a broken leg. So I went down to the animal clinic, to try and get help, and Travis was there. And... well, he's you know, matured as he's gotten older, and uhmm... he's kind of amazing... especially with animals... so I kinda just fell for him."

"Matured as in... sexy as hell? And does your Mom know? Have you guys gone on any dates yet? Is it serious? Why the heck didn't you tell us about him!?! Especially since I kept trying to get you to go with Dom. I mean, I woulda backed off... especially with a face and eyes like that... and not to mention that 16-pack!!" Mia yelled with a big smile.

"Woah... woah..." I laughed nervously, "Um not really any dates, but yes, he came over for dinner the other night, and yes my Mom does know... she made dinner that night. Umm... yeah I guess it's serious, and I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys, we've just been, you know... keeping things on the down low. I'm not really a lay it all out there and tell everyone my business type gal... you know that." I explained as I sat on the edge of my bed, laying next to them.

"Well, my Lord. He is fiiiinnnee... poor Dom... What will that boy do!? Probably cry for weeks actually!!" Mia burst out laughing.

"Ugh... I'm going to break him the news that I'm not interested in him tonight. Even if it's kind shitty of me to do at his party. I just can't keep pretending." I told them.

"Hmmm, okay, damn... I don't wanna be around for that... he's gonna ball his eyes out and beg at your knees."

"Maybe, but it has to be done."

"Travis is was cuter anyways!!! Soooo, when can I meet the stud?"

I sighed happily. I was glad Mia finally knew about Travis. Well, atleast most of what there was to know about him, and us.

"Yeah!! When!?!" Said Belle.

"Soon, soon, soon. I promise."

After our long conversation on boys Mia got up to rifle through my closet and draws.

She found a pair of black skinny jeans with some rips in them and a long sleeve fitted blue flannel shirt. It was one of my favorites, soft and worn in, but it wasn't one of the baggy ones I normally wore when hiking through the woods, but hugged my curved snugly and was mainly that pretty shade of turquoise that resembled a clear day, mixed with darker blues and purples and greens. I picked my scuffed up Doc Martens boots that I wore with everything to go with my outfit.

Next Belle sat in front of me and started applying some makeup to my face. She brushed on some blush and then powder. She added some silver glittery eye shadow and gave me the mascara wand to do myself. She finished off my look with a sheer pink gloss,  while Mia started on my hair. It was always a bit of a ruffled mess, but she curled it into long thick spirals and then clipped it back to hold the sides together. 

The girls continued to finish up their respective looks. Mia did Belle's hair similar to how she did mine, and straightened her short dark bob. Mia dressed up in a tight fitting maroon V-neck and smokey eyes, while Belle went with a long sleeved green colored shirt with a black blazer on top. She smudged some light pink sparkly eye shadow on and used the same gloss as me. 

The three of us looked in my mirror and made respective satisfied noises before taking a few selfies and then heading out the door to what could or could not be one of the scariest nights of my life, and maybe even my last, as a human at least...

▪▪▪

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

2.8M 75.6K 73
Family problems were something Sasha had become accustomed to. An Alpha werewolf mate was something she was definitely not accustomed to. Sasha is a...
Isabel's Choice Από AMHillmann

Μεταφυσικές

25K 1.6K 58
Lunas are revered. Lunas are loved. Lunas are protected. Chosen by Alpha of the Southern River Border, Isabel is none of these. Isabel cleans herse...
1.1M 9.3K 10
Hayley's on the run from a stalker who's determined to make her pay. When she saves the life of the local Alpha, exposing her new location in the pro...
6.6K 271 32
Second Chance Mates: Nova & Braxton's Story Being a werewolf is supposed to be exciting. The excitement of your first shift and finding your mate...