Devilish (Urban) - Slow Updat...

By MonaPepper

With all his tattoos, gun toting, and thuggish ways, she can barely stand him. He loves to tease her, knows a... More

Prologue
1. Business
2. Exposure
3. Immortality
4. Reborn
5. Secrets
6. Rough
7. Contact
8. Reunited
9. Objectives
10. Born
11. Temptation
13. Power
For Your Information (Please Read!)
14. Release
15. Hostility
16. Battle
17. Aftermath
It's baaaaaaacccckk!
18. What's Next?
19. Helping Hand
A Necessary Evil (Long Overdue, Please Read It ALL!)
20. Help
21. Stranger
22. Mrs. Deruch
23. Connections

12. The Plan

17.3K 631 36
By MonaPepper

~ Friday, October 18th, 4:44 PM ~

Reese's POV

"Child, I'd like think that I raised Dominic pretty well on my own. I got this."

I can't help but hold on to Eva a little longer. Even though she seemed to warm up to Ms. Nunes in the three days we spent with her I can't bring myself to let her go. Talking with Dominic convinced me that what he had up his sleeve might just work and I know Eva can't be caught up in the mess we created. But, I've had her for all of five and a half months and she's been with me every day since May 27th, I can't come to terms with the fact that I have to be away from her for an indeterminate amount of time.

"What type of mother am I? Who leaves their daughter with some distant relatives in Timbuktu for an undetermined amount of time?"

"You're the type of mother willing to risk anything to keep her daughter safe," Ms. Nunes reassures me.

"You think so?"

"I might be old but I'm not stupid. My crazy ass son has gotten y'all into a mess that can't be cleaned up unless y'all handle it face to face, you can't handle it with Eva in hand. Trust me, Arizona is far from Timbuktu, I'll protect little Eva with my life."

"Reese, we have to go babygirl," Dom peeks his head inside the house, looking a little winded after doing some rearranging in his new "inconspicuous" SUV to accommodate for all the extra snacks and toiletries his mom made us take from her.

My heart practically breaks in half as I hand Eva over, my eyes taking in her delicate appearance for about the hundredth time today before finally building up the courage to walk away. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm doing this for, I'm doing this for us, so we can finally live a life worth living. I might be away from her for a while but it's for the best, it's a necessary evil.

I just hope that we'll be back soon.

~ Saturday, 9:35 PM ~

Dominic's POV

"James, I want you to meet my future wife and the mother of my child, Reese."

She sends a look my way almost as if to point out the fact that that's the second time I've mentioned the word wife within this week. It's the truth though, she's always going to be mine and I'm going to make it official as soon as I get us out of this mess I got us into. It's time to put that big ring on her finger and give her the safety, stability, and luxuries that she deserves, she's been just my fiancé for way too long.

James holds out his hand, "Nice to meet you ma'am."

She raises an eyebrow at his southern drawl but takes his hand nonetheless, "I would say the same but under the circumstances I just can't be sure anymore."

He chuckles, leading us through the nightclub he'd asked me to meet him at, "Understandable."

I ignore the seductive looks from gyrating women, disregard the death grip Reese has on my hand, and tune out the pounding music throbbing through the dimly lit room. All I concentrate on is James and his path to the VIP backroom that holds a small bar with one lone bartender, a few plush couches, and multiple plasma TV's with security footage of various parts of the club.

"Now, let's grab a drink, take a seat, and let's get down to business," James states as he takes his own advice.

I gesture for Reese to sit down and request two sodas from the bartender, I want to keep a clear head throughout all of this from now on.

James takes a sip of some alcoholic drink he requested and then rolls up the sleeves to his dress shirt getting right down to it, "I need to know if y'all are ready to face death."

"There won't be any dying," Reese states firmly.

"I don't mean your death, I mean the death of others...like Damien. If either one of you have a problem with killing I need to know now."

Reese doesn't look at me, it's obvious he's talking about her.

"I won't kill just to get people out of the way, if that's what you mean."

James nods, "Fair enough. Might not need to kill at all knowing Damien, he'll probably be the cause of his own death."

"Where is Damien nowadays?" I ask, wondering if the little weasel just decided to drop of the face of the earth after giving me some bullshit excuse about giving me some time off to 'enjoy my family'.

"In hiding. He pissed off a few of his suppliers, immortal and mortal alike. The coward is somewhere in Louisiana staying out of sight."

I snort, "Figures. You know the last thing he said before he gave me my time off was that it was important that I keep an eye on you?"

James smiles, "I don't expect anything less from Damien, he's just the type to go into hiding but still have people doing his dirty work."

"If only he knew what we have planned."

James chuckles, "Exactly. If on he knew."

"If only I knew," Reese snaps, "I mean, I think I deserve to know since I left my child in the hands of another woman in order to follow Dominic blindly into danger."

I wince, "I didn't lead you to danger Reese-"

"Shut up Dominic. I'm trying to keep my composure right now but I feel like I'm going crazy.You two are sitting here talking about Damien as if he's a joke when you know damn well he has connections that could destroy everything you've worked for. As I've said before, and will say again, I have someone important to live for, this immortal shit is not worth my life."

We're silent after she stops her little rant, both James and I looking at each other expectantly.

He clears his throat when he realizes I have no intention to respond to her angry statement," With all due respect, I wasn't sure if you could handle the truth Ms.-"

"Baker. But call me Reese. And, I can assure you, I'm fully capable of handling the truth. If I can handle all the shit Dominic has put me through I'm pretty sure I handle whatever you have to throw at me."

James chuckles, "Touche. Dominic, care to explain?"

I curse under my breath, figures he'd leave me to explain this shit.

"You remember Lee?"

She nods.

"He's being played. Damien is using him because his OG status strikes fear in people who otherwise wouldn't give a damn."

"I take it Lee doesn't know he's being played."

James chimes in, "No. Not yet anyway."

"But just because Lee seems a bit dense that doesn't mean he's completely oblivious," I continue.

"So he has his suspicions?"

"Exactly. Which is why he's been meeting up with his old connects, introducing them to the immortal life, recruiting young bucks to raise an army of sorts."

"An army?"

I nod, "An army who's first goal is to take out Damien and everyone under him at the first hint of trouble."

"But what does all that have to do with us?"

"Lee knows how much of a factor I am in Damien's success. When I turned immortal his business spiked and he started having more influence."

"He was using you, like I said," Reese murmurs.

"I know that now. I think a part of me knew that in the beginning and just didn't want to accept it."

"The point is, we help Lee, Damien goes down, and Dominic is free," James reveals.

Reese frowns, "Help Lee...with his army?"

"Exactly," I confirm.

"And that's where you come in," James tells her, ignoring my heated look.

"I'm not becoming immortal," she says immediately, shaking her head fiercely.

"I know baby, I know," I placate her before she can start rejecting this whole idea entirely.

"Explain what you mean then," she grates out impatiently.

"Remember Lee's woman, Wanda?"

"The one who turned you?"

I nod, "her."

"Yeah, what about her?"

James and I lock eyes, wondering who's willing to jump into this pool of sharks.

It's silent for a good two minutes before I finally speak up, "She can teach you how to turn people immortal."

**

So, Reese isn't becoming immortal but she is becoming a part of the immortal world. Happy?

Lmao, I actually kind of like this chapter, It didn't turn out like I expected but nothing ever does when I start writing the chapters for this story ahaha.

Vote, Comment, Follow (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53 1 1
This curvy blonde bombshell finds herself caught between two alpha males. They're both intense, hot and don't mind sharing her together. Cade is her...
157K 4.4K 33
Her mom left her and her sister to live her best life. India is 19 years old and trying to take care of her 3 year old sister Skylar with the help of...
142 0 13
Abandoned by her mother at just 16, young Ava is left to depend on her own. Without friends or family to help her and take her in she is left with no...
21.4K 1.5K 17
𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐒 when cold hearted thug, Julien "Shotta" Banks, meets nonchalant bartender, Leorah Adams, and has a one night stand with her...