Accidental Fame (Fame #4)

Od 3dream_writer3

*cover by Nataso03* Zander Millington has one dream and one dream only: To become a famous popstar and... Viac

BOOK TRAILER
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 | Final Chapter

Chapter 12

2.8K 210 11
Od 3dream_writer3

Chapter 12

       I was starting to worry about Genesis. Well, I was already worried about her but now, I was worrying even more. She wasn't acting like herself at all. I don't know, but it seemed like she was almost scared of something.

       She was even starting to hang out with me less and less and with Chandler more and more. Chandler was loving it. He kept rubbing it in my face, either bragging about the plans they made or kissing and hugging her around me.

       Not only that, but she stopped sending me goodnight texts with a blue heart. Ever since we both got a phone, we always sent hearts and goodnight texts, even when we were in a fight which rarely happened.

       This was what I was afraid of when Genesis started dating Chandler.

       The only good thing that was happening was that I was still able to keep my spot in English class, but the downside of that was it was because Genesis would sit somewhere else with Chandler.

       And the weird thing was that Chandler was home sick today, and Genesis was back to being herself again.

       Since Chandler wasn't here, I decided it was the perfect time to try to talk to her seeing as she barely texted me.

       At lunch, I gently grabbed Genesis's wrist and pulled her away from the classroom we just had. "Gen, you need to talk to me," I said. "What's going on?"

       "What are you talking about?" she asked.

       "Don't give me that," I said. "You and I both now it's something more than you're leading on. Please, Genesis. You're hurting and it's hurting me to see you like this."

       "Zander, you're probably just hallucinating," Genesis said. "I am perfectly fine and I'm not even hurting."

       "Please," I said, my voice cracking a bit. "You can't shut me out like this."You don't come over anymore, you barely text me, and you don't even send the goodnight texts anymore. Something is happening and I don't like it so please, just talk to me."

       "I can't," she said. "I already told you, it's something I can't tell you."

       "Gen, is Chandler hurting you?" I asked. It was the only thing I could think of. She always seemed scared and it would explain why she was texting me less.

       "What? No," she said. "You know I wouldn't let somebody hurt me and I would tell you if he did. I would even tell Cannon. I promise, I'm figuring things out, okay?"

       "Gen, come on, obviously you're not," I said. "It's changing you. You're not acting like yourself and....and I hate it. You're my best friend and whatever's happening isn't only hurting you, but it's hurting me. Please, just....tell me."

       Genesis didn't reply. She couldn't, because Chandler suddenly walked over to us. Great. I was looking forward to him not being here for the day.

       "What are you doing here?" Genesis asked. "I thought you were sick."

       "Well, I was, but I'm feeling better," Chandler said. "So, let's go get lunch. Just the two of us."

       "But Zander...."

       "Genesis," Chandler said, a bit too sternly. He then cleared his throat. "I'm not really in the mood to be around too many people. You understand, right, Zander?"

       He grabbed Genesis's wrist and pulled her to the cafeteria. I sighed, rubbing my forehead. I couldn't handle this anymore. I needed to find out what was going on with her.

       But I was going to need some help.

       I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called Hunter's number. "Zander, why are you calling me during school?" he asked. "Is everything okay?"

       "With me, yes," I said. "But not with Genesis. I think, I really think, that Chandler is abusing Genesis."

       "Why would you think that?" he asked.

       "Because she has been acting really different," I said. "She barely texts me, she doesn't do this thing that we do every night, and it kind of seems like she's scared all the time. I asked her and she denied it, but...."

       "You're worried it's actually happening?" he asked.

       "Yeah," I said. "I need your and Cannon's help. She probably won't tell me because sometimes, she feels like she's a burden to me, but she might tell Cannon if he can get it out of her."

       "And he is really good at getting things out of people," Hunter said.

       "The only problem is Genesis also doesn't hang out with me as much," I said. "She used to come over all the time, but she doesn't anymore, not since that day where Cannon woke us up and she said she had to go somewhere. So I don't know how I can get her and Cannon in the same place at the same time."

       Hunter was silent for a bit. "Well, I might have a way," he said. "How are you at singing in front of people but without them seeing you or know that it's you?"

       "I'm sorry, what?" I asked.

       "Genesis really likes the mystery singer," Hunter said. "So if we can get a recording session with the mystery singer, also known as you, she would come."

       "I can't sing in front of people," I said. "You know that."

       "Yes, but I don't know why," he said. "It's really not that bad once you get used to it."

       "Easy for you to say," I said. "Hunter, there's a reason I can't sing in front of people. I have a phobia. Agoraphobia. It's a fear of crowded spaces or enclosed public areas. Sometimes, I even get panic attacks if people are too close to me. I can't do it."

       "Oh, I didn't know," he said. "You could have told me. You're like a little brother to me."

       "I know," I said.

       "It could still work," Hunter said. "We can put you in the recording booth, but keep the windows covered so nobody knows it's you. Then we'll have people who want to check it out, first come first serve, stand outside the door."

       "Oh, I have a better idea," I said. "I record a new song at your house, then I'll play it back so people think I'm singing live."

       "That....would probably be better," Hunter said.

       "You think?" I asked.

       "Hey, I'm trying to help you here," he said.

       "I know," I said. "There's only one problem with the plan though. If the mystery singer would do the recording session, people would wonder why he won't come forward."

       "Then we tell everyone that he has to get used to singing in front of people," Hunter said.

       "But the recording session will have to happen with someone knowing," I said. "You and Cannon. Then my dad will want you to tell him who it is and I can't have him knowing it's me."

        "Trust me, Cannon and I will handle everything," he said. "So, will you do it? You can record a song at my house Friday night, then do the recording session thing on Saturday. I'll tell your dad about it, saying I found out who the mystery singer is, but I can't tell anyone if your dad still wants the mystery singer to leaves songs there."

       "And my dad can't risk that if he wants to keep everyone happy," I said.

       "Exactly," Hunter said. "So, you up for it? I'll even get Cannon to tell Genesis about it and one of us will get her to come earlier. Then Cannon will try to talk to her when she's there. So, you up for it?"

       I was silent for a bit, not knowing the answer. But I needed to know what was going on with Genesis.

       So I agreed.

       "Yeah," I said. "I'll do it."

       "Great," Hunter said. "Got any new songs that need recording?"

       "Um, there's one, but I want to save that one for myself," I said. "I'll try writing one by Friday. If not, then I guess I'll do the one I'm saving."

       "Okay," Hunter said. "Cannon and I will handle everything. All you have to do is record a song, then by in the recording booth to play it back when everyone's there."

       "Got it," I said.

       I can't believe I was doing this.

_________________________

I think the chapter I really want to write will be chapter 15 and it will either come today or tomorrow. It depends how fast I can type and if I can HANDLE THIS HEAT. LIKE HOLY CRAP, IT'S SO HOT.

On the bright side, my brother and I went to a store for my mom and on the way there, we caught a Ghastly. :D And a lot of Weedles, Rattatas, and Pidgeys. cx It's funny because they were popping up like crazy, yet yesterday when I used my inscense, nothing popped up. :/

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

92.1K 3.8K 183
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
8.7K 534 45
Does a couple meet by, what someone would say coincidence; while others would argue it was their fate. Our lovers lives are intertwined, but just ho...
60.3K 4.5K 11
❝Meet me at the coffee shop.❞ He wanted her back. She did too, but he had caused her too much pain and she never wanted to see him again. But they de...
7.3M 205K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...