Chapter 32

Shout out to vadboy for the cover! :)

Chapter 32

       I was suddenly woken up when someone, most likely Genesis, flopped down onto my back. I sighed, digging my face into my pillow. "Go away," I mumbled. I was way too tired to wake up.

       "No," Genesis said, her arms wrapping around my waist and she stayed on top of my back. "I want you to wake up and pay attention to me."

       I rolled over so she fell off of me, then I laid back on my stomach, putting my arms under the pillow and digging my face into it.

       Genesis sighed, laying beside me for a bit before she sat on top of me. "I know something that can make you want to get up," she said.

       "If you're thinking kissing, you're wrong," I said. "I don't like morning breath."

       "Liar," she said. "We had a really good make out session yesterday morning. Come on, I just want you to pay attention to me."

       I ignored her and closed my eyes, trying to go back to bed. I even fake-snored so she would hopefully leave me alone.

       She didn't.

       She began rubbing my back before leaning down and kissing my neck. I silently sighed, hating how good it felt.

       Why couldn't she just let me sleep in for once? Even when we were best friends, she always did this. Well, minus the kissing. And anything else really affectionate.

       Genesis then laid down on top of me again. "Happy birthday, Zander," she said. "I thought I would wake you up in a nice way."

       "You could have just let me sleep in for once," I pointed out.

       "That's no fun," she said, rolling off of my back and laying down beside me. "So, what do you want to do for your birthday?"

       "Honestly, I would rather stay here for today," I said.

       "That's understandable," she said.

       For the past couple days, ever since I was on the talk show, the paparazzi wouldn't stop hounding me, even if they knew about how much I couldn't be surrounded by too many people. They were everywhere; the parking lot of the recording studio, while I was walking down the streets with Genesis, even at the parking lot of my school.

       I really needed a break so I would always come home right away after school and I didn't go out of most of the weekend.

       "So, what exactly do you want to do here?" Genesis asked. "We can pig out on food or watch a movie or go in the pool."

       "Or do basically everything," I said. "How about around noon we go for a swim, then watch a movie while we pig out on food?"

       "Sounds good," she said. "But, by the way, it's past noon. It's twelve-thirty, to be exact. So technically, I did let you sleep in."

       I just rolled my eyes and gave her a quick kiss before getting up and heading to my washroom. I brushed my teeth and went back to my bedroom to get changed into my swimsuit. Genesis wasn't in the room, so she probably went to the room that she called hers. That was the one with all her clothes for whenever she needed to sleepover unexpectedly.

       Well, that was when her mom was living with her but now she was too lazy to take everything back home with her.

       Genesis was going to move in with us when she turned eighteen but after he mom left, she decided to stay living with her dad now that she didn't have to worry about them arguing. However, she would still sleep over from time to time.

       While waiting for Genesis, I grabbed two towels and went outside to the pool. I set the towels down on two lawn chairs and Genesis walked out, looking as gorgeous as ever.

       "Hey, Gen, guess what?" I asked.

       "What?" she asked, so I quickly went over to her, picked her up, then jumped into the pool with her in my arms just to be a little pest. She never jumped into a pool right away and always had to go in slowly.

       When we both were above the water again, she glared at me and splashed some water at my face. I smiled at her. "I still love you," I said.

       "Right," she said sarcastically.

       "I do," I said, pulling her closer to me and leaning my forehead on hers. "I really, really do."

       Genesis smiled at me as well. "And I really, really love you too."

       I leaned down and pressed my lips on his before pulling away and kissing her cheek. We swam around for a bit before I was starting to get hungry. We got out of the pool and dried ourselves off before going to the snack bar in the theater room. We grabbed a bunch of food and soda before sitting down on two chairs.

       I grabbed one of the remotes and scanned through many movies before finally decided on one that we both liked. Once it was starting, Genesis snuggled closer to me with a bowl of chips resting on our laps.

       "Isn't it weird?" she asked. "How we've been best friends for twelve years, but then we're able to go into a relationship? Without it being at all awkward?"

       "Weird, but amazing," I said. "I've liked you ever since we got into high school and now that you're here as my girlfriend....I couldn't be happier."

       Genesis smiled at me. "Same here. You are the best boyfriend I've ever had."

      "And you're....the only girlfriend I've ever had. But still the best."

      "I know," Genesis said, kissing my cheek before we actually started paying attention to the movie.

_______________

I love Zander and Genesis. :) So cute. So precious.

Lol, I don't know how long this book will be, but I'm thinking it might end on chapter 40, so quite soon. Then I get to write Major Vocal, where the Fame characters will appear here and there, but they won't have huge parts.

And there will most likely be a 5th Fame book, but not for a while so I can get other books done first.