Chapter 24

Chapter 24

       I swear, one day, I was going to kill Kenny Venturi. I didn't know how, but I will. Maybe I would drive him off a cliff. Or hit him on the back of the head with a brick. Or do anything so he wouldn't be able to walk into my bedroom in the morning without knocking while Genesis and I were under the covers with, well, no clothing.

       We were both asleep, but I woke up to the sound of my door opening, then the lights turning on. "Come on, Zander, get up!" Cannon said.

       I looked at him. "Dude!"

       "What?" he asked. "It's not my fault you were supposed to be at the recording studio twenty minutes ago. But I do see why you didn't. I would rather do the frickle frackles with Lise instead of going but alas, she won't let me even though it's perfectly fine when she's pregnant."

       "Why are you telling me?" I asked. "I could care less, so can you just leave my bedroom before I throw this lamp at you?"

       "Fine," Cannon said. "I'm always so nice to you and you're so mean to me."

       "Get the hell out," I said.

       Cannon just shrugged before winking at me and leaving, closing the door behind him. I sighed and sat up before gently shaking Genesis awake. "Why are you up so early?" she asked me in a tired voice. "It's Saturday."

       "I know," I said. "But I was supposed to be at the recording studio twenty minutes ago. There's videos of me singing at the talent show on the internet and so many people want the song to be officially released, so I have to go record it. Would you like to come?"

       "Yeah, sure," she said, sitting up as well. She rubbed her eyes and yawned. "I'm so tired. And a bit sore."

       "Did I....did I hurt you?" I asked.

       "No, not really," she said. "It hurt at first, but only for a bit. You were very gentle."

       "Oh, okay," I said. "Good. We should probably get changed now."

       "Yeah," she said. "I'm too lazy to go to the guest room to get my clothes, so can I wear yours?"

       "Sure," I said, getting off of the bed and going to my dresser. I dug through the drawers and pulled out an outfit for me and another one for Genesis. I tossed it to her and she caught them but before she could pull herself out of bed, her cell phone rang.

       She sighed and picked it up while I started pulling on my clothes. "It's my home phone," she told me. "What if it's my mom? I didn't tell her where I was and she hates it when I stay at your house without telling her, especially at night."

       "Just tell her you were studying with me and you crashed her," I said.

       "Right," she said before answering her phone. "Mom, before you get mad, I can explain....Oh, sorry Dad, I thought it was Mom. She gets mad when I stay at Zander's. I"m sorry I didn't come home last night. Is she mad?.....She what?....What?! How long?....I'm really sorry, Dad.....Wait. Why would she tell me to stay away from Zander?"

       "She what?" I asked, pulling the shirt over my head. Since I was changed, I sat down beside her on the bed.

       Genesis held her finger up and tell me to be quiet. "That's stupid, though. She knows him. He's not going to get egotistical and self-centred. Is it because of what the media was saying about him?....Well, that's stupid. Nobody really knows what he has to go through.....Wait, what? You what?....Yeah, of course....Well, I'm going to the recording studio with Zander first then I'll come home. I'll see you then."