Raining on the Bad Boy

By AlwaysEmily10

In the eyes of Warren Mason (conceited guy who lives in his own bubble of girls, looks, popularity and wealth... More

On the Edge
The Red Dress
The Past Bites
Something So Small
Put Some Gloves On
A Series of Unfortunate Events
Not my Scene
PARTAYYYY!
Dont DROP Me
Kiss it better
Goodbye?
Where's Warren?
It All Started So Well
Screw it
Elephant's in the Room
You're Just as Stubborn as I Am
A/N
The Plan
The Planets Align
The Morning After
A/N 2
Ignorant People
The Snuffed Light
Now it's a Happy Birthday
Another Leap
Surprise Surprise
Taking Off
Sequel??
Guess who's back...

Fairground Fun

2.8K 93 23
By AlwaysEmily10

#1 draft published 24/8/16

Beatrice's POV

After our little incident this morning, and Warren giving me a very extensive explanation to why it is 'completely normal', he offered me a shower.

Before going in, Warren handed me a black t-shirt of his which I could wear which would probably come down to my mid-thigh...Hell no! He's not using his sneaky ways to fulfil some kind of messed up fantasy of 'the morning after'. Fvck that!

Therefore I gave his top straight back to him and he told me to find something in his draws, laughing of course (we'd been doing a lot of that this morning). I ended up finding some of his sweatpants and a long-sleeved grey t-shirt.

After showering in his shower which has a head the size of a planet I proceeded to get changed and go downstairs.

As soon as I left the room I smelt.... Nothing. I was hoping for pancakes, or maybe bacon... But zilch.

I trotted down his grand staircase and saw Warren perched on the island of kitchen with a bowl of cereal in his hands.

When he noticed my presence he turned around and scanned my body with a vacant expression. What is wrong with him? I am wearing the most unattractive outfit I could find!

He clears his throat and looks back to his cereal,
"Want any breakfast?" He grumbles,
"Well, I should probably go home at som-" his head shot up and he furrowed his brows as if saying, no way in hell am I letting that happen.

So I took a heavy, pointed sigh and chirped,
"A banana, please." He nodded his head towards a fruit bowl on the island,
"You're not one of those girls who has to eat, like, 23 pieces of fruit a day, are you?"
I scoff and retort,
"Hell no, I just love bananas."

I lean across him to reach the bowl and find myself breathing his scent as I do so. What the hell am I? A werewolf? You are not Jacob, Bea!

Im shaken from my thoughts when I hear Warren mumble,
"Rain, Long showers and Bananas."

I cock my head to the side and furrrow my brows at him and his cheeks turn a peachy colour, as if he didn't mean to say that out-loud.

"What is that Warren? Your shopping list?" I say incredulously.
He clears his throat once more, still not looking at me and mutters,
"It's the things I know that you like."

Silence. That is what follows.

He was making a list?! What the hell?

Warren's POV

Oh my God this is so awkward. Why did I have to open my mouth?!

I jump down from my spot in the counter and try and act like I am unperturbed. I shove my empty bowl in the sink and clap my hands together.
"Well, I guess we're not just going to sit here all day talking about how great I am so let's go out." Bea raises her eyebrow at my suggestion in an adorable way and I start to worry, maybe she doesn't want to see me anymore, maybe she's sick of me.

"Warren. I don't have anything to wear." She says, like I'm stupid.

I begin walking away from her but say, "we can stop off at your house then, we will commence: Beatrice and Warren's day of Fun!!"
*I really hope someone understands that  F.R.I.E.N.D.S reference*

******

I'm waiting in my car, outside of Bea's house. I still felt a bit worried bringing Bea here but as long as I was with her I knew she was safe.

I hear the sound of a heavy door closing and look to my Left, out of the open window, and see Beatrice walking towards the car.

I had trouble containing my excitement seeing her wearing my clothes let alone this ensemble she was wearing now.

She had on a pair of denim shorts, revealing her tan nicely, with a brown skinny belt. She also had on a really nice white lace top that made her look so elegant. If I had only seen these pieces of clothes I would say that it wasn't really her style, but with it paired with her regular black converse and her hair falling freely to her waist, I knew that this was just Bea making an effort. Was that all for me? Probably not.

She hopped into the passengers seat of my car and I pretended I didn't notice, brushing dust off of my car interior.
"So where are we going then?" She chirps, clapping her little hands together once.
"Well, there are some things I need to get, so we're going into town." I say, still not really paying her much attention, turning the key of my car.

She shrugs and quips "okay" as my car revs into action.

It is no surprise that once we get onto an empty road that I can speed down, she opens up her window and leans her head on the side, on her bent arm, letting her hair whip around her once more.

I steal a glance at her and see that her eyes are closed and her mouth is quirked up at the sides. Despite everything this girl has gone through, she still manages to look... Content.

Once we arrive at the town centre the sun is blazing down warming the tarmac and the streets are filled with clipping shoes and tittle tattle, the odd baby screaming here and there. We head towards the car parts shop that I had initially come for.

Once inside, I can tell that Bea is very out of her depth. She's wandering around poking things, like a bored child.

I just needed to order a few parts for my car and was just waiting now to see if they were in stock, at the desk, when Beatrice's little body comes bobbing over to me. I look down at her and she smiles sweetly. I pretty much ignore her, the guy behind the desk, however, does not.

"And you are?" He says suggestively to Beatrice, and I was about to step in, because I know from experience that this guy is bad news, and that's the only reason.

However before I have a chance, Bea grabs onto my arm and chuckles,
"I'm Warren's current treat of the week!" And tips her head back laughing sarcastically, obviously meaning to show this guy she's not interested.

At first I was shocked, but then, I realised that Bea is smart, and that against most guys, she can handle herself.

She's gorgeous. She must be used to this attention.

Once we're out of the shop, she unlatches herself from my arm and spots me staring at her,
"What? I needed to save myself from starey in there, and you were my only prop!" She says through a chuckle.
"Where to now then?" She says enthusiastically, placing her hands heavily on her hips.

I look around me, looking for inspiration. I spot a fairground ride protruding from over a building, in the distance. It's the ride where there are swings handing from a disc and that disc spins. I smirk knowingly and untwine my fingers with Bea's,
"This way." I order.

When we arrive at the fair I see that there are many other rides: a carousel, a haunted house, a mirror maze, the twister, the waltzers and one of those awful things where they take you up and drop you down without warning.

I look at Bea and see her face light up and she turns to look at me, giving me an energetic nod.

First of all I take her to the swings that I had first noticed. I give the money over without thinking and we climb in. She kicks her legs while we wait to be raised into the air, causing our seat to sway.

It raises and she squeals excitedly, however, I had not quite contemplated how high we were going to be raised and as she kicks her legs and our swing rocks back and forth my stomach begins to flip. She sees the look on my face and chuckles,
"Relax Warren. At least if we die, we die together."
"Somehow that thought doesn't comfort me at all," I retort.

As it begins to spin and we travel at more of an angle I grab the bar across our laps tightly, hoping for something stable, instead, under one of my hands I feel Bea's warm hand...but I'm too scared to remove mine from it. She looks at me and smirks.

She slowly peels my hand off of the bar using both hands, then does the same with the other hand. I look at her uncertainly but she says,
"Relax, by the time you're thirty, you'll be too big to go on this ride. You may as well enjoy it with me," she says earnestly.

She lifts her arms up in the air with gusto. Whoooooo she screamed, her hair trailing behind her. I hesitantly do the same and raise my arms.

"Scream Warren!" She bellows.

I whoooo and find my body relaxing. Once my body relaxes I enjoy the feeling of the wind on my skin and the amazing view of all of the town. Once again, Beatrice has managed to make me see things from a different point of view... Literally.

Once we get off of the ride Beatrice looks ridiculous. Her hair is bedraggled and has unimaginable volume but her wide smile is still allowing her beauty to shine through the mess.

"Where next?" I say, sounding like an excited little boy, she gets a mischievous look in her eye and grabs onto my sleeve.

"The haunted house." She says. So to the haunted house we go.

_______________

Hey guys!

First of all: thank you for anyone who has even gotten this far!

Would you let me know if you'd like me to continue this story or not? I'm really enjoying writing this but I just want to know whether to publish it or not!

Don't forget to vote and comment you lovely people!
-E

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39 0 7
A teen going to a new school, when she catches a guy's attention, Mason. With this man in her life, she gets a new perspective of high school. But wh...
1.4M 44.1K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...
224K 7.9K 64
"You expect me to forget everything?" His voice comes out as a whisper. "To act like it doesn't hurt me to see you with him or that I'm still not cra...
67.9K 1.8K 36
Meet Violet Summers. She's the sarcastic girl who doesn't really ever get noticed by anyone. She blends into any crowd because of how "normal" she is...