Dont DROP Me

#1 draft published 25/8/16

Bloody Hell guys! (No, I'm not Ron Weasley) I was going to put an A/N saying thank you for getting me to 200 reads but then by the end of the day I'm closer to 300! I know it doesn't seem like a lot but it means so so much to me! And especially everyone who voted and commented because it lets me know you're enjoying it!
I am so grateful, thank you! ❤️

Beatrice's POV:

Once we enter the haunted house I immediately regret it. On the last ride, I was the brave one, but in here, Warren was running the show.

I clung on to his arm like a little girl.

It was dark and there were sound effects playing throughout, like creepy laughing and footsteps. To our left a pale women in a night gown jumps out at Warren, screaming about her lost child but he doesn't flinch. How is he scared of the swings and not this?!

We keep walking, briefly interrupted by slime dripping on our shoulders or something dropping from the ceiling, I feel as though we are coming near to the end as I see a door. Therefore, I let my guard down.... That was a mistake.

On my side of the corridor a man jumps out of a cupboard, holding a chainsaw and screaming. My brother had taught me self defence briefly so my instincts just took over. I punched him in the nose. The man (who I now realise is an actor) doubles over holding his nose,
"What the fvck?" He shouts at me.

Me and Warren stand dead straight for a second, not really sure what to do, then he grabs me by the upper arm and hauls me towards the door.
"Sorry!" I shout back.

Before I even understand what just happened we are outside laughing like hyenas.
"Oh my God Bea, how did you learn to swing like that!" He says teasingly.
"Oh piss off Warren," I grunt half-amused. He steps back and raises his hands in surrender.
"Please Beatrice. Please don't take my lunch money." He feigns stuttering.

After attempting and failing several times to stop laughing we move back over to the centre of the fair in order to get a better view of the park.

"What do you want next Bea?" Warren asks sweetly.

Okay. I humiliated myself last time. From what I can tell, Warren is scared of heights so let's turn the tables on him again, shall we?

I point behind his head and say,
"This bee likes to flyyyyyyyy" in a southern accent, he slowly pivots around and his face drops.

I had pointed at the ride that in this case is called "THE DROPPER" the one where it raises you up and drops you from high up in the air.

"Let's go!" I say dragging his stoic body towards the ride.

As we wait for the ride and it drops before us Warren turns a deathly pale. People scream shrilly as they come down and after someone comes off, they puke to the side.

"I'm not sure about this..." Warren grumbles, still looking at the puking man.
"You'll be fine, it'll be over in 20 seconds." I soothe, but I still have a malicious smirk on my face. Moohahaha.

We hop on and the guy checking we're securely held in is pretty cute, not quite my type but still.
"How high does this go?" I chirp as he straps us in.
"Around 120 feet, so pretty high" he says with a gritty voice and a smirk.
"I think I can handle it," I retort cockily, not sure where I have got this sudden confidence from.
"Can your boyfriend? He looks like he's about to throw up." He says loud enough for Warren to hear, and Warren simply replies with a look that could kill.
"Yeah, he's got this," I say, patting Warren on the knee.