Kiss it better

#1 draft published 26/8/16

Warning: I have a lot of 'thank you's to say!
1) I have no idea how but over night I got so many reads and I just want to thank everyone who has taken the time to read this!
2) I love it when people comment, and I have 2 people who have been leaving lovely and helpful comments!
- catdog9105
- kandtforever
3) Finally...THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO VOTES! One little vote may not seem like a lot but it helps me out a lot! LOVE YOU ALL LOTTTTSSSSS ❤️

Warren's POV

She had puffy eyes. She gave me such a cold stare. She didn't want to see me. She wanted Ollie and not me... I've well and truly fvcked up.

I'm currently out on a walk. The last thing I want to do is return home to my drunk father and I don't really have any real friends I can turn to. Beatrice had been starting to become my friend... And maybe something more.

When I had seen my 'friends' walking near us I ducked behind a building and puller Bea with me for her sake. I didn't even know who she was a month ago so she obviously wanted to stay hidden in the background, being talked about by jealous girls and vulgar guys. I wanted to protect her from my world.

My heart had shattered in my chest when she said what she did, 'if I had friends like that, I would be embarrassed of me too' if only she knew that she was the only person who I could ever consider a friend. Well, not anymore.

I'm walking down the sidewalk with my hands shoved in my jacket pockets when it starts to rain. One drop on my skin, two drops. They slide down my cheeks and prickle my senses. I ponder on how amazing it is... That something so small can have such an impact.

I'm broken roughly from my trance when I huge body collides with mine and forces my body to the floor. My back is flat on the concrete and I look up squinting, attempting to make out the large person who has now straddled me, in the fading evening light and the haze of rain.

Before I have time to make it out a fist flies into the side of my head. I feel so much pain that I barely feel anything at all, just panic and adrenalin. I kick my legs out, attempting to shake this guy off of me.

He lands another punch to my stomach and I'm winded. However I manage to twist my torso so that I am now sitting on top of his lean body. I pin his shoulders down with my hand so I can see his face. After letting my eyes adjust I see the face that I should have been expecting: Ethan.

"Stay away from Beatrice!" He screams from beneath me, like a rabid dog needing to be put down.
"I'm the one on top of you buddy, I don't think you should be making requests," I say calmly, holding back the urge to knock him out.

Ethan grunts and convulses his body trying to shake me off. I shove his shoulders back down to the floor again with more aggression.

"Listen, there's nothing going on between us and I doubt there ever will be," I sigh, in exasperation, "but I think you should back off, you're hurting her," I finish and look down at him. I was hoping to defuse his anger, but instead I had worsened it.

He bucks me off of him and stands up quickly, I don't try to fight back, I don't want to escalate things, I know it's futile. Once he gets to his feet he lands a huge kick to my gut and I heave. Black dots flash across my vision and my stomach throbs.